• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Do you remember back in January, around the 20th I believe, when you where trying to get me into a prolonged back and forth as to the need for submitting the form since it wasn't listed on any official website?:

I told you to scroll back a couple of pages to see the discussion that had already taken place with regards to the DS form. It's obvious you never bothered to check and now you're panicking and asking me again if it's really necessary! I honestly can't help people who will not bother to do as told.

I scrolled back and checked the discussions but I haven`t found any successful cases without DS260 submission. That`s why I asked you again.
I found the post where @Britsimon said that visas will not be issued to those who don`t submit DS260:
"As cases come forward they are processed and not all will be issued visas:
  • Some people will not submit their DS260..."
One more from @Britsimon: "...interview will not be scheduled until your DS260 is processed"

It seems he is pretty sure about DS260

I scrolled back and checked the discussions but I haven`t found any successful cases without DS260 submission. That`s why I asked you again.
I found the post where @Britsimon said that visas will not be issued to those who don`t submit DS260:
One more from @Britsimon: "...interview will not be scheduled until your DS260 is processed"

Why didn't you submit your DS 260 then may I ask? And why are you still hesitating to get it done? even if you have already sent your AOS package, nothing prevents you from submitting the DS 260 now. With a bit of luck, it could be processed in time for your interview and in any case, you can go to the interview with your confirmation page. I don't know what else to tell you, it's pretty obvious what needs to be done.

Last edited:
Why didn't you submit your DS 260 then may I ask? And why are you still hesitating to get it done? even if you have already sent your AOS package, nothing prevents you from submitting the DS 260. With a bit of luck, It could be processed in time for your interview and you can go to the interview with your confirmation page. I don't know what else to tell you, it seems pretty obvious what needs to be done.

It is not so obvious what to do as it seems. Do you know how much time could processing of DS260 take in current situation? My file has been requested by the FO last week...Moreover I cannot find info about DS260 submission for AOS. Is this form required at all?
Why do I have to submit DS260 if I submitted I-485, does anybody know? @Britsimon

By the way, after paying fee for DV I received email (Adjustment Letter) from KCCDV@state.gov:
"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)."

Last edited:
It is not so obvious what to do as it seems. Do you know how much time could processing of DS260 take in current situation? Is this form required at all? My file has been requested by the FO last week...Moreover I cannot find info about DS260 submission for AOS.
No I do not know how long DS 260 processing takes for AOS cases at the moment. I also don't know how else to respond to your question about wether the DS260 form is at all needed. It's already been answered and...you answered it yourself in your post quoting Britsimon...so I am not sure what else to say. All of us here who are going through the AOS process thought it was needed and submitted it, is that not convincing enough? Anyway best wishes with whatever option you choose.

Last edited:
It is not so obvious what to do as it seems. Do you know how much time could processing of DS260 take in current situation? My file has been requested by the FO last week...Moreover I cannot find info about DS260 submission for AOS. Is this form required at all?
Why do I have to submit DS260 if I submitted I-485, does anybody know? @Britsimon

By the way, after paying fee for DV I received email (Adjustment Letter) from KCCDV@state.gov:
"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)."

Again, I think it has been covered, but since you quoted me I need to address it anyway.

The quotes about not being scheduled unless you submit the DS260 are regarding CP cases.

For AOS, I am in the camp that the DS260 is going to be needed. One of the things that holds up cases at the last hurdle is the FO getting the file from KCC - so that mikes it is needed. That file is created when you submit your DS260. So, if you haven't submitted your DS260 yet we will see whether your case gets approved without that. If you decide to submit the DS260, they are currently taking around 4 to 5 months to process.

Again, I think it has been covered, but since you quoted me I need to address it anyway.

The quotes about not being scheduled unless you submit the DS260 are regarding CP cases.

For AOS, I am in the camp that the DS260 is going to be needed. One of the things that holds up cases at the last hurdle is the FO getting the file from KCC - so that mikes it is needed. That file is created when you submit your DS260. So, if you haven't submitted your DS260 yet we will see whether your case gets approved without that. If you decide to submit the DS260, they are currently taking around 4 to 5 months to process.

Thank you! I don't want to risk and I am going to fill out DS260. Do I have to send it somewhere or submit it online only?
Do you think the processing time will be less than 4-5 months since FO has already requested my file last week?

Thank you! I don't want to risk and I am going to fill out DS260. Do I have to send it somewhere or submit it online only?
Do you think the processing time will be less than 4-5 months since FO has already requested my file last week?

It's an online form and no, the fact that the FO are waiting for it shouldn't make a difference. However, I think you should call KCC and ask them how they will respond to the request from the FO without the DS260. Perhaps they will tell you not to submit it.

It's an online form and no, the fact that the FO are waiting for it shouldn't make a difference. However, I think you should call KCC and ask them how they will respond to the request from the FO without the DS260. Perhaps they will tell you not to submit it.

Ok, thanks. I will call to KCC tomorrow.

After reading your post it seems like it went well and hopefully your IL turns up soon..although I couldn't help but notice there were many similarities between your infopass and mine..not sure if that's good or bad? I'm hoping that's it's good. I was also told to wait 30 days and he did the similar actions like checking then walking away to speak to supervisor then coming back and checking more.

Then again what else can they do lol. Anyways overalls sounds like it went well and the "congrats you won the GC" might even be a hint that you will be approved soon too :)
Yeah I remember your post. You went to New York Jan 22. So you should get something in about three weeks. If you got something that would be promising. @Britsimon do you think when the IOs talk like "you should get something in X days" is like their unofficial way of saying they noted it and going to work on it?

Your response tells me you didn't quite scroll back to the discussion I referenced you to on the AOS Thread, instead you're quoting @Britsimon's response with regards to those processing CP. If you checked past pages like I encouraged you to, you would have come across the discussions we had with @Stephenau and you would have seen this final comment of mine with regards to the DS-form:

In fairness though, it's not like not submitting the DS-form to KCC will end up being a show spoiler for anyone. However, KCC would prefer for everyone, including those processing AOS, to submit the form, that is the only way they get to know of a selectees decision to process their selection further.

We've had reports of some in the past who did not bother to submit the form, or make any contact with KCC and the IO had asked them for the confirmation letter from KCC at the time of their interview, which they obviously did not have since they never submitted their forms. They eventually got approved, but it took a while for the IO to do so, a delay that could have been avoided all together if that simple first step of submitting the form was taken.

In this OP's case, he said he sent a note (I guess filling the form was too much of a hassle) and got back the 2NL from KCC, so it's all good.

Last edited:
Hi, I called to KCC and I was said that I don`t need to submit DS260 since I have applied for AOS and I am not going to go the embassy.
My FO has requested for my file on January 28th, I asked if the file was sent already - the answer was that it is in process right now, Is it normal that it was not sent yet?

Tell me what do you think about it, please. When do you think would be a good time to call them again to ask if my file was sent or not, and what would be the best time for INFOPASS?

Regarding whether or not you should now go ahead and submit the DS-260 form, I believe I also answered that question back in January with this post:

Anyway, it's probably not a good idea to submit the DS form now considering how long it's taking the KCC to process them. This is something that should have been done prior to filing the AOS package. The notification letter being referenced is actually the selectee notification letter telling you you've been selected. The email usually comes with an attachment which is the 2NL and should have been included too.

I suggest you look at the first post on page one of this thread, it has a link to the AOS spreadsheet which details what the AOS process is about and what should be included in the package sent out to the Chicago Lockbox.

Could anyone help me with form DS-260, please?
I am not sure how to answer the following questions:

1)Have you ever been in the U.S.? /I am studying in the US now and I have never been to US before/

2)Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
/I just did vaccinations required for for the form I-693/

3)Do you need a new Social security card issued? /I don`t know, I have one and I work on campus/

4)Do you authorize disclosure of information from this form to the Department of Homeland Security, the Social Security Administration, and such other U.S. Government agencies as may be required for the purposes of assigning you a social security number (SSN) and issuing you a Social Security card and do you authorize the Social Security Administration to share your SSN with the Department of Homeland Security?
/Don`t know/

Thank you!

Could anyone help me with form DS-260, please?
I am not sure how to answer the following questions:

1)Have you ever been in the U.S.? /I am studying in the US now and I have never been to US before/

2)Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
/I just did vaccinations required for for the form I-693/

3)Do you need a new Social security card issued? /I don`t know, I have one and I work on campus/

4)Do you authorize disclosure of information from this form to the Department of Homeland Security, the Social Security Administration, and such other U.S. Government agencies as may be required for the purposes of assigning you a social security number (SSN) and issuing you a Social Security card and do you authorize the Social Security Administration to share your SSN with the Department of Homeland Security?
/Don`t know/

Thank you!

Are you ready Moms responses to you at all????

Are you ready Moms responses to you at all????

Sure I did. Thank you for your help and time, @Sm1smom !!!

I called to KCC today and first time I was said that I don`t need to submit DS-260 for AOS, then I called the second time and I was said that even though I have applied for AOS I must submit DS-260, the third worker told me the same, and my file could be sent to the FO without DS-260 but later FO will request for this form anyway. So, I am going to submit this form now.

Thanks for your help. Do you have any thoughts about the questions from DS-260 I posted?

Sure I did. Thank you for your help and time, @Sm1smom !!!

I called to KCC today and first time I was said that I don`t need to submit DS-260 for AOS, then I called the second time and I was said that even though I have applied for AOS I must submit DS-260, the third worker told me the same, and my file could be sent to the FO without DS-260 but later FO will request for this form anyway. So, I am going to submit this form now.

Thanks for your help. Do you have any thoughts about the questions from DS-260 I posted?

OK.

1. Yes.
2. Yes or no - it won't matter either way.
3. No - you already have a number - you don't get a new one.
4. Yes is usual...

OK.

1. Yes.
2. Yes or no - it won't matter either way.
3. No - you already have a number - you don't get a new one.
4. Yes is usual...

Thank you!!!

1. If I select "Yes", It asks me about Date Arrived and the Length of Stay. Should I put the period of living here as Length of Stay?
Here there is the second question: "Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?"
/I have only "USCIS Alien Number" in my I-485 receipt, should I put it there?/

Thank you!!!

1. If I select "Yes", It asks me about Date Arrived and the Length of Stay. Should I put the period of living here as Length of Stay?
Here there is the second question: "Were you issued an Alien Registration Number by the Department of Homeland Security?"
/I have only "USCIS Alien Number" in my I-485 receipt, should I put it there?/

Ideally put the date of arrival to current - if not - calculate the whole time up to the point you submit the form.

The Alien number is your A number - so yes I suppose you should use that.

Ideally put the date of arrival to current - if not - calculate the whole time up to the point you submit the form.

The Alien number is your A number - so yes I suppose you should use that.

Thank you! I just have an idea before submitting this form. Do you think it would be ok to make INFOPASS appointment on Thursday not to my local office, but to another one which is just 10 minutes away from my house (I did fingerprints there) and ask about DS-260?

One more question from DS260 - If I work as graduate assistant, does this work require 2 years of training?

Last edited:
Thank you! I just have an idea before submitting this form. Do you think it would be ok to make INFOPASS appointment on Thursday not to my local office, but to another one which is just 10 minutes away from my house (I did fingerprints there) and ask about DS-260?

One more question from DS260 - If I work as graduate assistant, does this work require 2 years of training?

OK let's break down your two questions.

There are about 1 million immigration cases each year. Of those 1M around 2000 are AoS cases (0.2%) and DS260 has only been used for DV cases in the last year sdo the typical FO knows very little about the DS260. THen an ASC just does "some things" like take the bio photos and prints - in other words they do a small amount of the visa related work Are you really expecting to find a lot of DV lottery related DS260 information there????

AS for your second question does a job as a "graduate assistant" require 2 years of training. Well.... I'm no expert, but I think the clue is in the job title. However, I suspect you are asking in relation to some question on the DS260 - but I'm not sure which question that would be.

What did you study?

OK let's break down your two questions.

There are about 1 million immigration cases each year. Of those 1M around 2000 are AoS cases (0.2%) and DS260 has only been used for DV cases in the last year sdo the typical FO knows very little about the DS260. THen an ASC just does "some things" like take the bio photos and prints - in other words they do a small amount of the visa related work Are you really expecting to find a lot of DV lottery related DS260 information there????

AS for your second question does a job as a "graduate assistant" require 2 years of training. Well.... I'm no expert, but I think the clue is in the job title. However, I suspect you are asking in relation to some question on the DS260 - but I'm not sure which question that would be.

What did you study?

I study Management Information Systems. The questions are:

1.Primary Occupation: I put "Computer science" (grad assistant)
2.Does this job require at least 2 years of training or experience? (???)
3.Other Occupation: I put "Student"

Should I put "Student" as a Primary Occupation?

Last edited: