• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Thanks a lot mom, very clear and helpful. As it is my G4 visa expires in 2018 so the renewal would not be an issue at all…
And yes I have contacted the people at work who deal with these matters as well as 2 lawyers. Will pick one to talk to in the coming days before filing the DS 260 but I think once I get clarifications things should be pretty straightforward!Thanks for all your support!

Thanks a lot mom, very clear and helpful. As it is my G4 visa expires in 2018 so the renewal would not be an issue at all…
And yes I have contacted the people at work who deal with these matters as well as 2 lawyers. Will pick one to talk to in the coming days before filing the DS 260 but I think once I get clarifications things should be pretty straightforward!Thanks for all your support!

That's fantastic regarding your visa expiry date. Remember, you don't need to retain the lawyers, (as most are not familiar with the DV process), just consultation on what forms need to filed and ask them all the questions you've been asking here too. Once you get the needed response, you can handle the process yourself.

Thanks mom. Indeed, not retaining lawyer, just a quick consult and then will handle the rest on my own, with u guys' help. :).

Hi everyone, Hi Mom,
I saw on older boards entries, mentions of a sample cover letter for couples for sending the AOS package. Would you happen to have a copy of it? Also would you guys have a copy of the memo that says it is ok to submit package as soon as VB is out? Thanks for sharing these and have a wonderful week end.

Hi everyone, Hi Mom,
I saw on older boards entries, mentions of a sample cover letter for couples for sending the AOS package. Would you happen to have a copy of it? Also would you guys have a copy of the memo that says it is ok to submit package as soon as VB is out? Thanks for sharing these and have a wonderful week end.

Check the AOS spreadsheet for a link to the referenced Memo.

Agreed the Memo states one can submit as early as 2 months in advance of being current, as long as the CN is under the quoted numbers on the VB, those current in Oct 2014 should be aware of the high possibility of their packages being returned if they try to do early filing. Considering the fact that Oct is the beginning of the new FY, those handling the packages at the Lockbox may not be willing to start handling applications for the new FY until it actually officially starts.

Hello,
My wife got selected for further processing in DV 2015 but she had mistake in her name. Her first name and last name have been switched. Her first name has appeared as last name and last name as first. It was not fraud but innocent mistake. Will there be any problem for further processing for her case. she is principle applicant. Any experience or advice will appreciated.
Thanks

Hello,
My wife got selected for further processing in DV 2015 but she had mistake in her name. Her first name and last name have been switched. Her first name has appeared as last name and last name as first. It was not fraud but innocent mistake. Will there be any problem for further processing for her case. she is principle applicant. Any experience or advice will appreciated.
Thanks

That should be ok. be sure to complete the 260 with the accurate name. You can expect some interest in the name mistake - they will re-do the search to check for fraud.

I filled DS260 about more than a month ago and status shows complete. I do not know what is next step. Do KCC let us know if application is incomplete and about next steps?
Did anyone pay processing fee yet?

Jawan

Last edited:
I submitted the DS260 and got this message. what does this mean? "You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment."

which office should we make an appointment and how the office know about our DS260? should we ask KCC to send our documents to the office where we are going to make an appointment? I am kind of worried what is the next step. Any idea?

Jawan

I submitted the DS260 and got this message. what does this mean? "You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment."

which office should we make an appointment and how the office know about our DS260? should we ask KCC to send our documents to the office where we are going to make an appointment? I am kind of worried what is the next step. Any idea?

Jawan

Go through the first post on the first page of this thread. It has a link to the AOS google spreadsheet which explains the process.

Hello dear ,
I have been randomly selected for DV2015 program.
Currently, I am located in the United States on F1 Visa. I have submitted the DS-260.
My questions are these:

1- What are the next steps?
2- How can I pay the Diversity Visa Program Fee $330 USD? and should I pay it? and when should I pay it? or I should wait until my number becomes current?
3- When can I know that my number becomes current so I can prepare my documents and papers for the interview? and how can I know that?
4- When the interviews will start?

Thanks and Best regards,

Hello dear ,
I have been randomly selected for DV2015 program.
Currently, I am located in the United States on F1 Visa. I have submitted the DS-260.
My questions are these:

1- What are the next steps?
2- How can I pay the Diversity Visa Program Fee $330 USD? and should I pay it? and when should I pay it? or I should wait until my number becomes current?
3- When can I know that my number becomes current so I can prepare my documents and papers for the interview? and how can I know that?
4- When the interviews will start?

Thanks and Best regards,

See my response which is directly above your post! Do what the post says, then come back and ask if you still have more questions.

Hello guys and thank you all for the useful contributions!

I'm a DV-2015 winner, CN: AS000108**
I plan to travel to the US in Feb 2015 on a B1/B2 visa (I haven't submitted DS260 yet)

I know it's extremely unlikely, but is AOS an option for me?

A little note, in the US, I'll be staying in my uncle's place and I can stay there until my CN becomes current if AOS is an option.

Hello guys and thank you all for the useful contributions!

I'm a DV-2015 winner, CN: AS000108**
I plan to travel to the US in Feb 2015 on a B1/B2 visa (I haven't submitted DS260 yet)

I know it's extremely unlikely, but is AOS an option for me?

A little note, in the US, I'll be staying in my uncle's place and I can stay there until my CN becomes current if AOS is an option.

You're not supposed to enter the US on a NIV with the mind of adjusting status, it's considered to be a fraudulent intent.