• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello all,
I submitted DS-260 and confirmed intention to do AOS. Can I go ahead and pay $330 DV fee or should I wait for some mail/e-mail from KCC? Payment instructions on http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html are a bit confusing.. Should I just print this page and fill in the blanks, or is there some official form that I should complete? And finally, is Fedex (with self-addressed stamped envelope) ok to send payment?
Thanks in advance!

You can go ahead and make the payment. And yes, that link has the correct form for the DV payment. So go ahead and print it out.

No point using courier to mail that payment, complete waste of money. Regular usps delivery should work fine, you can add confirmation delivery at the post office if your concern is to know when it gets delivered.

Nice number. You may well be current in October, and if so you can file as early as mid August, So, pay the 330 now if you like, but you could wait for a month or so. You can print the stuff they recommend on that page. (I copied that to a word doc and filled in the blanks).

Use Fedex if you like - I used regular mail.

Thanks Britsimon!

You can go ahead and make the payment. And yes, that link has the correct form for the DV payment. So go ahead and print it out.

No point using courier to mail that payment, complete waste of money. Regular usps delivery should work fine, you can add confirmation delivery at the post office if your concern is to know when it gets delivered.
Thanks mom!

Good day everyone! Sorry I just posted to the New DV 2015 before seeing the AOS one here. So reposting:
We just found out my husband's been selected for DV2015! YAY!!! As we legally reside in the US thanks to my G4 visa (UN worker's visa) we will go for an adjustment of status (AOS). My questions are:
1. Also his number is relatively low for Africa 2015AF13XX, so can we expect an interview as soon as the fiscal year starts in October 2014?
2. If my G4 visa expires in November 2014, possibly after we are interviewed will we be able to remain in the US and wait for the green cards or would we have to leave?
3. Looks like our processing office is Newark, NJ and it experiences delays. Would a lawyer help expedite the process?
Thanks in advance for your answers and for all your help, you guys are great!

Good day everyone! Sorry I just posted to the New DV 2015 before seeing the AOS one here. So reposting:
We just found out my husband's been selected for DV2015! YAY!!! As we legally reside in the US thanks to my G4 visa (UN worker's visa) we will go for an adjustment of status (AOS). My questions are:
1. Also his number is relatively low for Africa 2015AF13XX, so can we expect an interview as soon as the fiscal year starts in October 2014?
2. If my G4 visa expires in November 2014, possibly after we are interviewed will we be able to remain in the US and wait for the green cards or would we have to leave?
3. Looks like our processing office is Newark, NJ and it experiences delays. Would a lawyer help expedite the process?
Thanks in advance for your answers and for all your help, you guys are great!

Congratulations on the selection. That's a fantastically low CN.

1. Yes your CN will most likely become current in Oct, but there's no guarantee your interview will take place same month. Could be as late as Nov or Dec.

2. As long as you file AOS and receive the NOA notification from USCIS prior to expiration of your G4 visa, you can remain in the US even if the visa expires before your application is adjudicated.

3. Save your money. Lawyers cannot expedite the case, there are actual reports of DV cases in this forum where lawyers have done more harm than good.

Spend some time to read the first post on this thread and take a good look at the attached spreadsheet on it. The spreadsheet has more information on the DV process than most lawyers can possibly tell you. It's also a good idea to spend some time in the forum and go over past DV AOS treads, that's all you need for a successful process.

Congratulations on the selection. That's a fantastically low CN.

1. Yes your CN will most likely become current in Oct, but there's no guarantee your interview will take place same month. Could be as late as Nov or Dec.

2. As long as you file AOS and receive the NOA notification from USCIS prior to expiration of your G4 visa, you can remain in the US even if the visa expires before your application is adjudicated.

3. Save your money. Lawyers cannot expedite the case, there are actual reports of DV cases in this forum where lawyers have done more harm than good.

Spend some time to read the first post on this thread and take a good look at the attached spreadsheet on it. The spreadsheet has more information on the DV process than most lawyers can possibly tell you. It's also a good idea to spend some time in the forum and go over past DV AOS treads, that's all you need for a successful process.
Thanks so much Mom! (Got your forum name fast ha!). I have just gone over the fantastic spreadsheet! It is all super clear!!! Thanks so so very much for all this info. I will begin the process TOMORROW, lol. with the filing of the DS-260 form, etc. and will keep u guys posted! Best wishes to all

Oh mom and everyone else, one thing I forgot to ask, my husband ( the selectee) filed out all our info well but made a mistake and put that I (the spouse)was born in London, Senegal instead of London, U.K. All other info is correct for both of us including birthdates and my very lengthy middle names, LOl. It was just an honest mistake on his part being that he is from Senegal and that I too am of senegalese descent. He meant to click U.K but instead clicked Senegal on my country of birth. Should we worry about this mistake?

Thanks so much Mom! (Got your forum name fast ha!). I have just gone over the fantastic spreadsheet! It is all super clear!!! Thanks so so very much for all this info. I will begin the process TOMORROW, lol. with the filing of the DS-260 form, etc. and will keep u guys posted! Best wishes to all

Lol....yeah you got the name super fast. Welcome to the club ;)

Thanks mom! one thing I forgot to ask, my husband ( the selectee) filed out all our info well but made a mistake and put that I (the spouse)was born in London, Senegal instead of London, U.K. All other info is correct for both of us including birthdates and my very lengthy middle names, LOl. It was just an honest mistake on his part being that he is from Senegal and that I too am of senegalese descent. He meant to click U.K but instead clicked Senegal on my country of birth. Should we worry about this mistake?

Thanks mom! one thing I forgot to ask, my husband ( the selectee) filed out all our info well but made a mistake and put that I (the spouse)was born in London, Senegal instead of London, U.K. All other info is correct for both of us including birthdates and my very lengthy middle names, LOl. It was just an honest mistake on his part being that he is from Senegal and that I too am of senegalese descent. He meant to click U.K but instead clicked Senegal on my country of birth. Should we worry about this mistake?

Don't stress about that error, I do not think it is a major issue, it did not give you any undue advantage during the selection process and your husband was the successful slectee anyway. Just be sure to double and triple check your I-485 package when it's time to submit the aplication to ensure everything is correctly filled out.

Thanks a lot Mom! I am not letting him fill the I-485 out that's for sure, LOL. Will triple check EVERYTHING. Have a good week

Hi everybody,
First of all let me thank everybody who contributed to this forum. It’s really amazing, I spent the last couple of days reading the posts here and it helped a lot in better understanding the whole Green Card process . Nevertheless I have a couple questions and would really appreciate it if you could help me.

I am currently working as a trainee on a J1 Visa which is valid till March 2015. My case number is relatively high: EU 4****. I assume it will become current towards the end of the fiscal year in August/September 2015.

1. I believe there is no expedite service or a temporary visa which would allow me to bridge the time between my J1 visa and the receiving of my Green Card. Is that correct? If that is the case I would have to go for CP instead of AOS.

2. I understand that from this year onwards everybody (regardless of CP or AOS) has to file form DS260 . Do I have to file it before (till September 2014) or within the fiscal year (between October 2014-September 2015)? My problem is that I will have to travel outside the US in November and December 2014. However, I assume that filing form DS 260 after my travels January 2015 would be too late?!

Thank you

Hi everybody,
First of all let me thank everybody who contributed to this forum. It’s really amazing, I spent the last couple of days reading the posts here and it helped a lot in better understanding the whole Green Card process . Nevertheless I have a couple questions and would really appreciate it if you could help me.

I am currently working as a trainee on a J1 Visa which is valid till March 2015. My case number is relatively high: EU 4****. I assume it will become current towards the end of the fiscal year in August/September 2015.

1. I believe there is no expedite service or a temporary visa which would allow me to bridge the time between my J1 visa and the receiving of my Green Card. Is that correct? If that is the case I would have to go for CP instead of AOS.

2. I understand that from this year onwards everybody (regardless of CP or AOS) has to file form DS260 . Do I have to file it before (till September 2014) or within the fiscal year (between October 2014-September 2015)? My problem is that I will have to travel outside the US in November and December 2014. However, I assume that filing form DS 260 after my travels January 2015 would be too late?!

Thank you

1. With your hign CN and visa expiration date, doesn't look like you'll be able to do AOS, so you will need to go back home and process CP

2. No, waiting till Jan 2015 to fill out the DS-260 form is not too late. KCC will still have enough time to process your form and schedule your interview when your CN becomes current

Mom and everybody else good evening. Been reviewing the form DS-260 and I have a few questions( Our SN is 2015AF13XX):
1. am i right in understanding that i need to mail all supporting docs to the NVC as soon as I fill out the DS-260 form online? or do i hang on to them and send them to Chicago as part of my AOS when our number becomes current (most likely in August since we have a super low number for Africa)?
2. First page on the form requests and Invoice ID number. Does that mean I have to pay the $330 fee before I fill out the form?
Thanks a lot!

Mom and everybody else good evening. Been reviewing the form DS-260 and I have a few questions( Our SN is 2015AF13XX):
1. am i right in understanding that i need to mail all supporting docs to the NVC as soon as I fill out the DS-260 form online? or do i hang on to them and send them to Chicago as part of my AOS when our number becomes current (most likely in August since we have a super low number for Africa)?
2. First page on the form requests and Invoice ID number. Does that mean I have to pay the $330 fee before I fill out the form?
Thanks a lot!

Sounds like you might be looking at the wrong DS-260 form. The appropriate form for DV selectees shouldn't make any reference to NVC or invoice number. All your documents will be need to be sent to the Chicago Lockbox when your CN becomes current and you're not required to make the DV payment prior to filing the form.

Oh wow, I m glad I asked. Thanks Mom, I was looking at the sample DS-260 they provided on the DVselectee site…It is dated october 2013 so must be outdated. We will go ahead and submit our DS 260 forms this week and then prepare the paperwork for August. It is all clear now! I am so so glad I found you guys, thanks again!

1. With your hign CN and visa expiration date, doesn't look like you'll be able to do AOS, so you will need to go back home and process CP

2. No, waiting till Jan 2015 to fill out the DS-260 form is not too late. KCC will still have enough time to process your form and schedule your interview when your CN becomes current

Thanks mom.

In addition to that, I was wondering how likely it is that you actually get into trouble when leaving the US and re-entering the county again with a (non-immigration intent) visa once you have submitted form DS-260? Did anybody of you ever get into trouble at the border? Any experiences you can share with me would me much appreciated. Thank you

Thanks mom.

In addition to that, I was wondering how likely it is that you actually get into trouble when leaving the US and re-entering the county again with a (non-immigration intent) visa once you have submitted form DS-260? Did anybody of you ever get into trouble at the border? Any experiences you can share with me would me much appreciated. Thank you

Once you have submitted DS-260, you demonstrated your intention to immigrate. The title of DS-260 speaks for itself: "Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application". That being said, re-entering the U.S with a non-immigrant visa seems both illogical and illegal.

Thanks mom.

People do that all the time. SusieQQQ did it, Franko is in the US at the moment on a visa waiver ESTA after submitting forms. You may be questioned, and if you are you should tell the truth, not panic and make sure you can demonstrate your ties to your home country that make it clear that you intend to leave again whilst waiting for your DV place to be called. There is some risk - but not alarmingly so.

People do that all the time. SusieQQQ did it, Franko is in the US at the moment on a visa waiver ESTA after submitting forms. You may be questioned, and if you are you should tell the truth, not panic and make sure you can demonstrate your ties to your home country that make it clear that you intend to leave again whilst waiting for your DV place to be called. There is some risk - but not alarmingly so.

The case of the OP is slightly different from what you've described though, he's not planning on going back home, he's planning on leaving the US with the intention of coming back to do AOS. I agree they don't typically turn everyone back, but they do not take kindly to someone coming in on a NIV to do AOS.