• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

You're welcome. Of course if the plan is simply to visit with your uncle and return back home for CP, you most certainly can enter the US.

Yeah right, I'm just going to take my USMLE Step 2 CS exam (one of the tests doctors should pass in order to be certified to practice medicine in the States), and I already have a valid NIV. Then I'll be back ASAP to file DS-260 on time. Hopefully, I won't have trouble entering.

Yeah right, I'm just going to take my USMLE Step 2 CS exam (one of the tests doctors should pass in order to be certified to practice medicine in the States), and I already have a valid NIV. Then I'll be back ASAP to file DS-260 on time. Hopefully, I won't have trouble entering.

You should be fine, I don't expect you to have any problem entering. Good luck with the exam.

Hi everyone, Hi Mom,
I saw on older boards entries, mentions of a sample cover letter for couples for sending the AOS package. Would you happen to have a copy of it? Also would you guys have a copy of the memo that says it is ok to submit package as soon as VB is out? Thanks for sharing these and have a wonderful week end.

If you need a copy of a cover letter, I can send you mine. Email me if you need it: fiefia555@gmail.com
The cover letter is not a must though.

Hello dear ,
I have been randomly selected for DV2015 program.
Currently, I am located in the United States on F1 Visa. I have submitted the DS-260.
My questions are these:

1- What are the next steps?
2- How can I pay the Diversity Visa Program Fee $330 USD? and should I pay it? and when should I pay it? or I should wait until my number becomes current?
3- When can I know that my number becomes current so I can prepare my documents and papers for the interview? and how can I know that?
4- When the interviews will start?

Thanks and Best regards,

Congratulations! :)

All of your questions have been answered either on this thread or on the AOS spreadsheet (the link is at the beginning of this thread). Take some time to read it and I promise everything will be clear :) But feel free to ask questions if something is still confusing: I used to be on an F1 visa myself, so I can probably help with your concerns :)

Good luck! :)

I filled DS260 about more than a month ago and status shows complete. I do not know what is next step. Do KCC let us know if application is incomplete and about next steps?
Did anyone pay processing fee yet?

Jawan

The process is not as complicated as it may seem first. You should become familiar with the AOS spreadsheet (the link is at the beginning of this thread). Take some time to read it and things will clear up :)

Hi everyone.

I have been randomly selected for DV2015 program. My case number is 2015AS00015XXX
Currently, I am located in the United States on H1 Visa. I have submitted the DS-260 more than a week ago. I am planning to do AOS. I went through the spreadsheet and it talk about the email confirmation from KCC.

1) Can you please clarify on that (when I will receive that email confirmation from KCC)?
2) What will be the right time to submit DV fees and AOS fees?

Please help.

Thanks and regards,
Afzal Mohammed.

@afzal Mohammed.
I believe you will have to wait for the email confirmation to pay the DV fees. I received email confirmation from KCC (2nd July) regarding submission of DS260 and also attached form for the DV fee payment.
@Sm1smom : Are all applicants who submitted DS260 supposed to receive confirmation at the same time or based on the CN ?

Last edited:
@afzal Mohammed.
I believe you will have to wait for the email confirmation to pay the DV fees. I received email confirmation from KCC (2nd July) regarding submission of DS260 and also attached form for the DV fee payment.
@Sm1smom : Are all application who submitted DS260 supposed to receive confirmation at the same time or based on the CN ?

All AOS applicants who submit the DS-260 will get the type of email confirmation from KCC that you received as soon as KCC is done going over their form, and it is not CN based. This is what is refered to as the 2NL for AOS applicants.

The process is slightly different for CP applicants, they may get a submission confirmation email upon submitting the DS-260 form if they activate the send me an email option, they may also get a confirmation email if they initiate contact with KCC by emailing and asking to confirm their application has been submitted or it's in order. This of course is not the 2NL for CP, that is only sent when the CN becomes current.

Hi everyone.

I have been randomly selected for DV2015 program. My case number is 2015AS00015XXX
Currently, I am located in the United States on H1 Visa. I have submitted the DS-260 more than a week ago. I am planning to do AOS. I went through the spreadsheet and it talk about the email confirmation from KCC.

1) Can you please clarify on that (when I will receive that email confirmation from KCC)?
2) What will be the right time to submit DV fees and AOS fees?

Please help.

Thanks and regards,
Afzal Mohammed.

1. See the 2 posts above (posts #127 and #128) for answers to this.

2. You can make the DV administrative fee whenever you feel like and depending on your CN. Some people wait to receive the confirmation email from KCC before making the payment and others simply go ahead and make the payment on their own. The AOS fee on the other hand can only be made when you send in your AOS package to the Chicago Lock box.

1. See the 2 posts above (posts #127 and #128) for answers to this.

2. You can make the DV administrative fee whenever you feel like and depending on your CN. Some people wait to receive the confirmation email from KCC before making the payment and others simply go ahead and make the payment on their own. The AOS fee on the other hand can only be made when you send in your AOS package to the Chicago Lock box.

Thanks alot @NEP2015AOS.

Thanks @Sm1smom .

I forgot to ask When do you think my case number will become current.. my case number is 2015AS00015XXX

Hi everyone, Hi Mom,
Can a selectee do AOS in October 2014 and then the spouse CP at a later stage (Around January 2015)?
If yes will the selectee have to travel back home where spouse is to travel back to the US with her once she also receives her visa?
Thanks a lot

Hi Mom, I also require your expert opinion. I have been selected on a CN Oceania in the 1300's. I am still considering proceeding with AOS. The Spreadsheet has me a little freaked out... It mentions that Consular Processing can lead to "Possible loss of current status (especially if you do not have a dual-intent visa)". I am on the E3 visa. How could this occur? are you saying that they could revoke my E3 if I proceed with Consular Processing? even if my greencard is not approved? Could you elaborate on this?

1. "Should I do AOS or CP?" - sorry, your call! Can't tell you which one to pick. Assuming you opt to process AOS, if you include an application for an EAD card and it get's approved, then you can continue working with the I-485 based EAD card when your OPT expires until your AOS application gets adjudicated.

2. If you get married before submitting your I-485, yes she can enjoy derivative benefit from your selection. Her F1 status remains unchanged. Of course if she tries to apply for OPT after the submission of your AOS application, the OPT application may not get approved.

Thanks for your reply!

1. If I decide to process AOS, may I know how can I include an application for an EAD card? Do you know how long will it take to get approved? Should I submit that application when my case number is below the specified allocation cut-off number in the category C of visa bulletin or before my OPT expires?

2. My case number is 2015AS00014XXX. According to the Visa Bulletin for August 2014, it looks like my case number is not going to be current in September. Does that mean I have no chance to get an interview next year?

3. Is there a deadline to submit DS-260 application? Can I submit my DS-260 application when my number becomes current? Is that too late?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I was going through the DV 2014 forum discussion and notice some people are complaining about being not even getting chance of getting an interview call (I know 2014 is not yet over, may all of them get the interview chance and their GC's my sincere prayer :) ). So just want to get you all expert views on my case for 2015.

my case number is 2015AS00015XXX. What are my chances to get a Green card next year? Very High or High or Low or Very Low?

Thanks alot,
Afzal Mohammed. :)

Hi All,

I was going through the DV 2014 forum discussion and notice some people are complaining about being not even getting chance of getting an interview call (I know 2014 is not yet over, may all of them get the interview chance and their GC's my sincere prayer :) ). So just want to get you all expert views on my case for 2015.

my case number is 2015AS00015XXX. What are my chances to get a Green card next year? Very High or High or Low or Very Low?

Thanks alot,
Afzal Mohammed. :)

It is too early to be certain, but based on what seems to be happening this year I would guess the answer on your scale would be "low" (at best). That assumes you are not from Iran or Nepal. You are going to have a nervous wait ahead. Best of luck.

Hi everyone, Hi Mom,
Can a selectee do AOS in October 2014 and then the spouse CP at a later stage (Around January 2015)?
If yes will the selectee have to travel back home where spouse is to travel back to the US with her once she also receives her visa?
Thanks a lot

Yes the selectee can do AOS with derivatives doing CP. If you plan on going that route, you will need to indicate follow to join on your DS 260 form. Couple of things to be aware of though:

• The main selectee may not necessarily get to be interviewed in Oct, even if their CN is current in Oct. interview may take place a couple of months later than planned.
  • USCIS may not send the main applicants file down to the applicable US embassy following the main applicant's interview on time. You may have to keep following up with them to ensure the file gets sent down
  • The US embassy may not have an immediate opening for an interview, so there's no guarantee when the derivative may get called up
  • The derivative will have to do the medical exam in their applicable home country, get PCC and do everything else those doing CP are required to do.
And to your final question, no the main applicant does not need to travel down or attend the interview with the derivative. Since the main applicant is already in the US, the directive for one to enter the US with the main applicant or for the main applicant to enter first has already been met.