DV 2015 AOS Only

I went for my second Infopass today, just got back. I have been told my case has been assigned to an officer and it is under review at the moment. And of course, they can't say how long it is going to take. So not a very different outcome from last month when I went to inquire for the first time. Ah... really hope this interview letter shows up soon!!
 
What the IO you met at the INFOPASS said is the truth. When I encouraged you to do an INFOPASS, it wasn't meant for you to tell them you hadn't received any update regarding the additional package they requested for, because they typically don't provide updates to say the package had been received. The INFOPASS was meant for you to get a general update on the status of your case in general.

Anyway, going to the FO like you did is still good. It most likely will nudge your case along, kind of remind the IO that originally interviewed you that your case is still pending. Hiring a lawyer at this point in time is a complete waste of money IMO. Not much you can do for now but to exercise some patience and continue to wait.
Thank you very much Mom, for your quick responce, i really apreciate it.Your words of advice really helps me :) !!!
 
Hello,

I am on F1 visa. I am from Morocco. My CN is AF54xxx , there is a chance that my CN may be current till September. I am so scared to lose this opportunity of GC. I sent DS260 and received an email from KCC for AOS on 8/15/2014.
I read from BritSimonsay that CP process from my country is faster.
At this point, I don't know what to do??
1- should I start the process? (paying DV fees and medical exam)
2- Can I hire someone to help me with the process to make it right?? if yes, could you give me his/her contact???
3- if my CN becomes current till September and I am on AOS, can I still get interview and GC?
4- Do you think is it better to come back to my country and process from there??

Please help me and guide me.

Thank you
 

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hello,

I am on F1 visa. I am from Morocco. My CN is AF54xxx , there is a chance that my CN may be current till September. I am so scared to lose this opportunity of GC. I sent DS260 and received an email from KCC for AOS on 8/15/2014.
I read from BritSimonsay that CP process from my country is faster.
At this point, I don't know what to do??
1- should I start the process? (paying DV fees and medical exam)
2- Can I hire someone to help me with the process to make it right?? if yes, could you give me his/her contact???
3- if my CN becomes current till September and I am on AOS, can I still get interview and GC?
4- Do you think is it better to come back to my country and process from there??

Please help me and guide me.

Thank you
1. If your mind is made up to process AOS, yes you may go ahead and begin that process.

2. Yes, you can hire both @Britsimon and I, how much are you willing to pay? :D:p. Just kidding! Hiring someone to complete the process on your behalf is a complete waste of money and time, provided your case is a straight forward one - as in you entered the country legally and have never gone out of status by undertaking unauthorized employment.

3. Yes you can. It will be a stressful time for you, but we know of several selectees who became current in September in the past and successfully completed the process before the end of the FY. Go through the last pages of past DV AOS threads in this forum to read of their stories.

4. Your call. Can't make that decision for you as I don't know your full story and both CP and AOS have their associated pros and cons.

I would suggest you read the first post on page 1 of this thread, following which you should open the link to the AOS spreadsheet it contains. Take your time to go through the spreadsheet, it has several tabs, to familiarize yourself with the process and having read the last couple of pages for the past AOS threads, make your decision on what you wish to do.
 

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
I am not sure, it depends on my husband. I think of hiring a lawyer for receiving my mails.
he asked for $900.
I don't know what to do??
Thank you
I can't make any suggestion on what to do as it is for now. You're hardly providing any useful information here which means I don't know anything about your case per se. You'll need to be more forthcoming if you require any form of guidance from us here.
 

EURO2014

Well-Known Member
I am not sure, it depends on my husband. I think of hiring a lawyer for receiving my mails.
he asked for $900.
I don't know what to do??
Thank you
Hiring a lawyer for receiving your mail for $900? He/she must be kidding ... not :). I agree with mom, you and your husband will need to take a decision whether you seek to proceed based on AOS or based on CP, and do this rather soon. My thoughts on the matter, from another posting:
I think, ultimately, this is a call only you personally can make, given that this is a trade-off and there clearly are risks and possible upsides associated with both options.
Make sure you'll have a good understanding of the differences between the AOS and the CP process and then move ahead, based on your joint decision on the matter. Good luck to you!

PS: you are likely to become current in August (meaning a June submission in case of AOS or, alternatively, August interview appointment at the US consulate in your home country in case of CP). IF you were to decide to change to CP, given that you are currently marked for AOS, better start this process earlier rather than later. If you decide to stay with AOS, get your documents ready for June filing and make sure you f u l l y understand this process.
 
Last edited:
I am thinking to change from AOS to CP due to complication in H1B visa.I do not want to take risk on being out of status. I have already filled DS 260 and paid the DV fee and also done the Medical before all these complication happened. What should be my next steps?

1. How to change to CP? Who should I notify and what forms do I need to fill in addition to those that I already have?
2. Is my medical done in US acceptable for CP?
3. Can I just go to my home country once my visa interview date is scheduled?
4. How long does it usually take to visa/green card be granted for me to return to US after interview? My wife still has job and won't get a long vacation approved.

Thanks in advance.
 

EURO2014

Well-Known Member
I am thinking to change from AOS to CP due to complication in H1B visa.I do not want to take risk on being out of status. I have already filled DS 260 and paid the DV fee and also done the Medical before all these complication happened. What should be my next steps?

1. How to change to CP? Who should I notify and what forms do I need to fill in addition to those that I already have?
2. Is my medical done in US acceptable for CP?
3. Can I just go to my home country once my visa interview date is scheduled?
4. How long does it usually take to visa/green card be granted for me to return to US after interview? My wife still has job and won't get a long vacation approved.

Thanks in advance.
Two questions: 1) what did you mean with "complication in H1B visa"? 2) what is your region and CN range, format example EU39,9xx?
 

EURO2014

Well-Known Member
I am thinking to change from AOS to CP due to complication in H1B visa.I do not want to take risk on being out of status. I have already filled DS 260 and paid the DV fee and also done the Medical before all these complication happened. What should be my next steps?

1. How to change to CP? Who should I notify and what forms do I need to fill in addition to those that I already have?
2. Is my medical done in US acceptable for CP?
3. Can I just go to my home country once my visa interview date is scheduled?
4. How long does it usually take to visa/green card be granted for me to return to US after interview? My wife still has job and won't get a long vacation approved.

Thanks in advance.
ad 1: Unlock, Change & Re-Lock DS-260.
ad 2: No, based on CP process in your home country, medicals will need to be "re-done" with consulate authorized local providers.
ad 3: Sure, you will learn your interview date in your 2nd NL, approx. 1 -2 weeks after respective VB has been published. You book your flights and make sure you effectively document US departure (boarding passes etc.). Tricky part is booking the date of your return flight.
ad 4: see above - this is the problem. Leave at least 2 1/2 - 3 weeks between arrival & departure dates to/from your home country for medicals, interview, visa issuing process & passport receipt, possible delays etc.

Additions etc. more than welcome, in case the above is not complete.
 
ad 1: Unlock, Change & Re-Lock DS-260.
ad 2: No, based on CP process in your home country, medicals will need to be "re-done" with consulate authorized local providers.
ad 3: Sure, you will learn your interview date in your 2nd NL, approx. 1 -2 weeks after respective VB has been published. You book your flights and make sure you effectively document US departure (boarding passes etc.). Tricky part is booking the date of your return flight.
ad 4: see above - this is the problem. Leave at least 2 1/2 - 3 weeks between arrival & departure dates to/from your home country for medicals, interview, visa issuing process & passport receipt, possible delays etc.

Additions etc. more than welcome, in case the above is not complete.
Thank you. Its costing me fortunes..to do medicals.
On 4. do you mean I need 2-3 weeks for all the process? or have 2-3 weeks on either side of arrival and departure?

Thanks again
 
Top