• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

AFAIK, for DV based AOS, the status does not change until after the case gets adjudicated one way or the other. Never read/heard of any DV based AOSer stating it has ever changed every step of the way for them prior to being approved, so I'm not sure which "people on here" you're referring to.

Oh, interesting. There were a few I saw mentioning an update after an RFE (perhaps they were on another forum though), and then there's this one earlier on this thread, that says the status was updated to "your case is undergoing required review": http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/page-49#post-2372202

Good to know it's not the norm, though. Thanks again!

Seems like the IO isn't qualified to approve the case on his own and needs to consult with a supervisor first, I'm deducing this from the crap he said about consulting KCC regarding the number of GCs currently available as there's no such thing as that. He get's case file from KCC and logs into IVANSWEB to get a visa number. Anyway, nothing to worry about from your end, they will get things resolved. Congratulations on coming this far, hopefully you will get a CPO notification soon.

Thank you! IO told me he followed the same steps with another DV`15 applicant. By the way, is there info about issued visas for this year online?

Seems like the IO isn't qualified to approve the case on his own and needs to consult with a supervisor first, I'm deducing this from the crap he said about consulting KCC regarding the number of GCs currently available as there's no such thing as that. He get's case file from KCC and logs into IVANSWEB to get a visa number. Anyway, nothing to worry about from your end, they will get things resolved. Congratulations on coming this far, hopefully you will get a CPO notification soon.

Maybe his previous dealing with DV was last September when this may well have been an issue! ;)

Oh, interesting. There were a few I saw mentioning an update after an RFE (perhaps they were on another forum though), and then there's this one earlier on this thread, that says the status was updated to "your case is undergoing required review": http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/page-49#post-2372202

Good to know it's not the norm, though. Thanks again!

Oh yeah, now I remember that, and I think I did comment on it back then, thanks for digging it up :). All I can say is based on what we've seen so far, it seems to be an exception to the norm.

Hello Mom,
Which form of payment is better- check or money order? When is the money encashed? Is it encashed even if we are denied of the visa due to any reasons? TIA

Mine was $177, excluding the vaccinations (I only needed Tdap, got it for free at Walgreens, thanks insurance! Otherwise it'd have been $67 apparently)
While there is a list of required vaccinations in the document, I think this picture might make it a bit clearer. Please note that according to a new specification on the civil surgeon's site, the flu vaccine requirements have changed a bit (I'm pretty sure we're out of season anyway). I'd have fought it tooth and nail if they said I needed it (now, at the end of the season)
Thank you for the list. I didn't worry about finding all the vaccination record from back home. I went to Health and Human Services place for vaccinations. They asked me if it was for immigration or international travel. I didn't lie. Apparently they get lot of people coming there for that and had no problems whatsoever . But Surprising, my insurance covered all the vaccines. Otherwise it was tdap= 55, Ver-130 and MMR-120 or something like that. They asked me if I wanted to do TB test too. I told them I have had BCG so the skin test comes positive and will always need X-ray and the panel doctor probably wont accept the TB test from outside anyway. They also told me that I need second shots of Ver and MMR in a month. Now wondering if I should wait for that before I go to doctor with records for Medical exam or just one shot is enough?

PS : MMR stings.

It is the TB test, I got that the vaccine in 30 years ago but the doctor said if we make the skin test and showed positive you can't apply for AOS until you finish medical treatment and he suggested to do the blood teats which is cost $100 for each one of us. Please advise ? Is it true if the skin test showed positive we can't go in AOS?

That is not true. Not always anyway. Sometimes, like in my case, I have had BCG vaccine as a kid so the skin test shows positive. But I don't have TB. They always do X-ray to verify that I don't have it. But not all doctors have that knowledge (about BCG/TB test reaction). Once I was told by a amateur doctor to take medication for 6 months but then a Asian doctor explained to that doctor that its because of the BCG vaccines and nothing to do with TB. However, if you really have TB, you can't do AOS or even CP. They deny the visa.(Telling this from cases I have seen). Its true if you have any serious diseases or big surgeries, chances of getting rejection is high.

Hello Mom,
Which form of payment is better- check or money order? When is the money encashed? Is it encashed even if we are denied of the visa due to any reasons? TIA

It's not a case of which is better, use anyone you prefer or find convenient. Money is cashed once the case is officially accepted, no refund if the visa is denied. Only time the money is returned is if the case is not officially accepted for one reason or the other, in which case the package is returned. Once the application is officially accepted, there's no refund regardless of the outcome of your petition.

Also, are the bank statements the things you find on the bank website? And should I erase the account number or leave it on there?

Go to your bank and ask for a bank letter. Its a simple letter saying how much you have on your accounts. Most bank will do this at no cost or a low cost like $10. For statements, you can just print it off your online transactions. I would just include the first official letter the bank provides. They are not interested in the transactions. I have done this before. Don't worry about account number etc.

That is not true. Not always anyway. Sometimes, like in my case, I have had BCG vaccine as a kid so the skin test shows positive. But I don't have TB. They always do X-ray to verify that I don't have it. But not all doctors have that knowledge (about BCG/TB test reaction). Once I was told by a amateur doctor to take medication for 6 months but then a Asian doctor explained to that doctor that its because of the BCG vaccines and nothing to do with TB. However, if you really have TB, you can't do AOS or even CP. They deny the visa.(Telling this from cases I have seen). Its true if you have any serious diseases or big surgeries, chances of getting rejection is high.

Not quite sure of the cases you've seen, but I also know for a fact that someone who actually has TB can be approved for either CP or AOS provided they complete the required treatment. And I believe the claim about 'big surgeries' leading to denial is equally misleading.

Hi Sm1smom,

A couple more of "I'm probably overthinking this" questions:

Can we print both sides of paper (for example I printed my I-20s two-sided, since there's so much paper!
Can we staple stuff?
What service should I use to mail this to the Chicago Lockbox?

Thank you!
Looks like you are also anxious about little stuffs like staples, two side printing etc. I tend to do that too. They recommend not to staple. Try printing one side, just for convenience. Official documents should not be two sided, although no hard and fast rule. Just use USPS for mailing. You can do delivery confirmation to be sure. Make sure you make copies for your record.

Not quite sure of the cases you've seen, but I also know for a fact that someone who actually has TB can be approved for either CP or AOS provided they complete the required treatment. And I believe the claim about 'big surgeries' leading to denial is equally misleading.

Yes. Not all cases are same. Not all CP and embassies process in the same way. And yes, you are right, they require 6 month treatment if pos. for TB. Now looking at the timeline, they(depends on embassy again) can/may reject or wait until the treatment. They may not be able to complete treatment in time. Sorry I did not mention this on my last post. I am not trying to mislead or scare people. I am just sharing from my experience so people are aware. The case about surgery is true and happened to one of my close relatives. Actually, his wife got approved, husband denied. Husband had big scar, from lung surgery. Wife came here but could not find good job due to language problem etc and now trying to go back home for ever. This is a true story. Again, I am not trying to discourage or scare people. Be positive everyone. I am here to help others and get help. It is a great forum.

Do we need to have police clearance certificate from State or federal? I had heard we do not need anyone of these or AOS but wanna make sure.

Jawan

T

Thank you very much Mom!!!

Hi Mom,
Regarding my case i made a Infopass and today i met with the IO on local USCIS.When i told them about my case that, i did not receive any update concerning my package (Request for Additional Request) which was delivered by USPS (10 th on march) she sad USCIS will not make any notification.When IO will have time for review my case their will let me know final decision.
What activity i can make in my situation, should i take a lawyer or just wait?
Thank you in advance.

Yes. Not all cases are same. Not all CP and embassies process in the same way. And yes, you are right, they require 6 month treatment if pos. for TB. Now looking at the timeline, they(depends on embassy again) can/may reject or wait until the treatment. They may not be able to complete treatment in time. Sorry I did not mention this on my last post. I am not trying to mislead or scare people. I am just sharing from my experience so people are aware. The case about surgery is true and happened to one of my close relatives. Actually, his wife got approved, husband denied. Husband had big scar, from lung surgery. Wife came here but could not find good job due to language problem etc and now trying to go back home for ever. This is a true story. Again, I am not trying to discourage or scare people. Be positive everyone. I am here to help others and get help. It is a great forum.

I do understand it is not your intention to scare or mislead people, and the fact that you're trying to share with the mind of helping/encouraging others is truly commendable, as that is what we're all trying to do here. But the truth is sharing a half story or making a generalized statement with no facts to sustain such can be highly misleading as other people will read them and repeat the story in some other places, and before you know it, people will begin to think its the complete story and it is true.

Even the story about your relative who got denied because of a large scar following "a big surgery" is rather far-fetched for me to believe. You may believe that "not all CP and embassies process in the same way" but the truth of the matter is they have guidelines they all go by. Simply having a big scar following a big surgery is not a reason that can lead to a visa denial on its own, I'm not sure if your relative told you the entire story about their denial. The medical reasons that can lead to a visa denial are well documented in 9FAM 40.11, quoted below:

There are now four basic medical standards that apply to visa inadmissibility under INA 212(a)(1) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(1)):

1. (1) Communicable diseases of public health significance;
  2. (2) Lack of required vaccinations (immigrant visa (IV) applicants only);
  3. (3) Physical or mental disorders and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others; and
  4. The condition of being a drug abuser or addict.

You can read more about medical grounds for visa denial yourself from the following link:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86936.pdf

Do we need to have police clearance certificate from State or federal? I had heard we do not need anyone of these or AOS but wanna make sure.

Jawan
I don't think you do. They will do their check. But it would not hurt. I am sending FBI report just because I have a recent one requested one for other immigration.

Hi Mom,
Regarding my case i made a Infopass and today i met with the IO on local USCIS.When i told them about my case that, i did not receive any update concerning my package (Request for Additional Request) which was delivered by USPS (10 th on march) she sad USCIS will not make any notification.When IO will have time for review my case their will let me know final decision.
What activity i can make in my situation, should i take a lawyer or just wait?
Thank you in advance.

What the IO you met at the INFOPASS said is the truth. When I encouraged you to do an INFOPASS, it wasn't meant for you to tell them you hadn't received any update regarding the additional package they requested for, because they typically don't provide updates to say the package had been received. The INFOPASS was meant for you to get a general update on the status of your case in general.

Anyway, going to the FO like you did is still good. It most likely will nudge your case along, kind of remind the IO that originally interviewed you that your case is still pending. Hiring a lawyer at this point in time is a complete waste of money IMO. Not much you can do for now but to exercise some patience and continue to wait.