• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

It seems weird that nobody else has been scheduled for an interview, almost as if the process is running slower this year than last..has anyone been in touch with their field offices and been notified of delays?

It seems weird that nobody else has been scheduled for an interview, almost as if the process is running slower this year than last..has anyone been in touch with their field offices and been notified of delays?

Our case was submitted on 8/15 and we learnt on Tuesday 11/4 that just that week had the local Filed Office requested our file from KCC, we know for a fact that the local field office received our case from the NBC on 9/11 along with the completed BioMetrics and from what I understand then treated it like all their other I-485 cases and included the request for KCC in their monthly "batch" process. From what I can gather in talking to the local FO they make one large request monthly but oddly enough KCC fulfills the request the same/next day. probably all about processes.

Our current hold up is that KCC doesn't know whether to send the paper copy or electronic copy of the DS-260 and secondly they now also need to manually verify the authenticity of the USCIS request that was submitted, my wife is calling KCC today to see if they have it figured out and managed to send the file via overnight transport.

Despite what we feel are delays, we are on track to be processed within the 4.5 months that is current for my local FO so I thknk we just need to sit back and wait, easier said than done I know and I'm probably the most impatient one here

Claus

Our case was submitted on 8/15 and we learnt on Tuesday 11/4 that just that week had the local Filed Office requested our file from KCC, we know for a fact that the local field office received our case from the NBC on 9/11 along with the completed BioMetrics and from what I understand then treated it like all their other I-485 cases and included the request for KCC in their monthly "batch" process. From what I can gather in talking to the local FO they make one large request monthly but oddly enough KCC fulfills the request the same/next day. probably all about processes.

Our current hold up is that KCC doesn't know whether to send the paper copy or electronic copy of the DS-260 and secondly they now also need to manually verify the authenticity of the USCIS request that was submitted, my wife is calling KCC today to see if they have it figured out and managed to send the file via overnight transport.

Despite what we feel are delays, we are on track to be processed within the 4.5 months that is current for my local FO so I thknk we just need to sit back and wait, easier said than done I know and I'm probably the most impatient one here

Claus

Yep it sounds like you are getting very much into the detail, and actually getting some dubious information.

The batch request thing to KCC would only cover DVD cases, not all I485. So I doubt that it us "batch" at all.
The timeline for regular processing has nothing to do with your case.
The "hold up" at KCC is minor detail, it will get done within a few days.

Sounds like your other half is telling you to sit and wait and you are doing forensic investigation of everything in sight. Your other half has the right idea....

Yep it sounds like you are getting very much into the detail, and actually getting some dubious information.

The batch request thing to KCC would only cover DVD cases, not all I485. So I doubt that it us "batch" at all.
The timeline for regular processing has nothing to do with your case.
The "hold up" at KCC is minor detail, it will get done within a few days.

Sounds like your other half is telling you to sit and wait and you are doing forensic investigation of everything in sight. Your other half has the right idea....

Precisely my thoughts too, especially the bit about KCC not knowing how to send case files to FOs considering the fact that someone had their interview one or two days ago(?). Of course the person hasn't reported back as to how to interview went or to confirm if they were told they're still expecting their KCC file.

Hello Everyone,

I guess you are expecting my interview experience since I was the first one to do it.

Well actually I'm more worry right now that before the interview, I was hopping to get an approval or denial response from the officer, neither of those words came out of his mouth, so that's why the wait is worst now. Below you can find my complete interview experience:

Me and my family we get there 30min before the interview time. they asked us to fill some papers and to handle the appointment letter, 20 min after that the officer came to the room and called our names, we went to his office and the first thing we did was to raise our right hands and take the oath. below is the complete interview:

Officer: who is the winner of the visa?
Wife: me
Officer: complete name please
wife: .......
Oficer: DOB?
wife:......
Last time you enter US:
Officer: your Occupation?
wife:.....
Officer:any other kids or marriage?
wife: no
Officer: Have you ever been arrested?
Wife: no
Officer: Have ever been ilegal of out of status?

then the officer turn his face to me and asked me the same questions as my wife's in the same order and he also asked me: How much time have you worked with your company?
Me: xxx years.

After this he asked for name, DOB, and last entry of our son.

then we got to the part of what I was waiting for and he goes:

Ok thank you very much, I will review your package completely and you should receive a decision by mail in the next 2 to 4 weeks.
so my first question was: Are we approved?
He replies: I can tell you this right now as I said you will get your response by mail.
then He says: Once you receive your GC you will be able to take your restriction in your social security (H1) and your wife will be able to request a new one for her.

then he walked us to the exit and that was it, we didn't show any of our original documents, nothing!!! he didn't ask for anything when he asked us the question of my son I tried to reach the original birth certificate and he stoped me and say I dont need the original I have everything that i need in your package. On our way home we were very confused and frustrated at the same time knowing that we still have to wait more to have a final response, then a text message form USCIS came to my phone and it says, your case has been updated, I was like yeaaaaah we get approved!!! But it wasn't that way when i checked the status it changed to reflect:
Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration services officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

So now the only thing that we need to do is wait.

hope this help to everyone not to be so nervous about the interview which actually was short and very polite. as soon as i have new news i will let you all know.

Hello Everyone,

I guess you are expecting my interview experience since I was the first one to do it.

Well actually I'm more worry right now that before the interview, I was hopping to get an approval or denial response from the officer, neither of those words came out of his mouth, so that's why the wait is worst now. Below you can find my complete interview experience:

Me and my family we get there 30min before the interview time. they asked us to fill some papers and to handle the appointment letter, 20 min after that the officer came to the room and called our names, we went to his office and the first thing we did was to raise our right hands and take the oath. below is the complete interview:

Last time you enter US:

then the officer turn his face to me and asked me the same questions as my wife's in the same order and he also asked me: How much time have you worked with your company?

Ok thank you very much, I will review your package completely and you should receive a decision by mail in the next 2 to 4 weeks.
He replies: I can tell you this right now as I said you will get your response by mail.
then He says: Once you receive your GC you will be able to take your restriction in your social security (H1) and your wife will be able to request a new one for her.

then he walked us to the exit and that was it, we didn't show any of our original documents, nothing!!! he didn't ask for anything when he asked us the question of my son I tried to reach the original birth certificate and he stoped me and say I dont need the original I have everything that i need in your package. On our way home we were very confused and frustrated at the same time knowing that we still have to wait more to have a final response, then a text message form USCIS came to my phone and it says, your case has been updated, I was like yeaaaaah we get approved!!! But it wasn't that way when i checked the status it changed to reflect:
Your case is currently undergoing a required review by an immigration services officer. We will notify you by mail as soon as the review is completed and a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

hope this help to everyone not to be so nervous about the interview which actually was short and very polite. as soon as i have new news i will let you all know.
Congratulations Geramosrod for a successful interview! I do not see why you should worry. The officer gave you the answer right there..."then He says: Once you receive your GC you will be able to take your restriction in your social security (H1) and your wife will be able to request a new one for her."

Hello Everyone,

Last time you enter US:

Looks like the IO has the intention of approving your petition, it's just a matter of waiting till then. So congratulations are in order, hang in there, you're almost home!

Hello Everyone,

Last time you enter US:

The wait is always the worst but it sounds like it went ok and I don't think you have to worry - you're nearly there, congrats!

Claus

Sorry if this is a silly question but do you usually just call your field office and ask for updates on your case? I didn't realise it would be that easy to get info like dates when NBC sent the package etc, assumed they would just tell you to wait.

Hello everyone,

I need your help to ensure that CP rather than AOS would be the right choice and for a few other points. Sorry for such a long post...

1) My wife won the DV 2015 lottery with a relatively high case number AF46XXX. We got married in February 2014 (after registering the lottery but before the results were known), do you think it might be a concern for USCIS or the consular ?

2) Moreover we are both on E-2 visa (E-2 is a non immigrant visa, I am the primary holder and my wife is my dependent). She got her visa on March 2014 (I got mine 3 years ago). On her E-2 application she stated she had no immigration intent but she had already registered to the lottery at that time. Could it be a problem ?
3) We both filled DS 260 and got the notification from KCC that they acknowledge our intent to use AOS rather than CP. Now based on the precious information gathered from your forum I understand it is probably a mistake and it would be better to go through CP because of our high case number. Am I right ?
4) However when I had my interview in Paris 3 years ago at the consulate for my E-2 visa I did not have a positive answer at the end of the interview as it is usually the case. Instead my case had to be transfered and reviewed in the US for additional security check (maybe because of my muslim name that might be shared by some bad guys…). In my case it only took 2 weeks but on the paper the consular officer gave me at the end of the interview it was written it usually lasts less than 3 months… I am afraid that the same situation happens again and make us lose some precious months. I read on your forum that security check are faster with AOS rather than CP. So I am wondering if it is still worth to opt for CP? Does the fact that I am already on a US visa will speed up the security check ?
5) If you confirm that in our case CP is still better than AOS I am still worried that requesting KCC to switch from AOS to CP might delay our case. What do you think ? How long would it take for KCC to make the change ?
Thank you very much in advance for your answers and thank you for being so helpful on this forum!
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

Sorry if this is a silly question but do you usually just call your field office and ask for updates on your case? I didn't realise it would be that easy to get info like dates when NBC sent the package etc, assumed they would just tell you to wait.

We got the update via our attorney,

Hello everyone,

I need your help to ensure that CP rather than AOS would be the right choice and for a few other points. Sorry for such a long post...

1) My wife won the DV 2015 lottery with a relatively high case number AF46XXX. We got married in February 2014 (after registering the lottery but before the results were known), do you think it might be a concern for USCIS or the consular ?

2) Moreover we are both on E-2 visa (E-2 is a non immigrant visa, I am the primary holder and my wife is my dependent). She got her visa on March 2014 (I got mine 3 years ago). On her E-2 application she stated she had no immigration intent but she had already registered to the lottery at that time. Could it be a problem ?
3) We both filled DS 260 and got the notification from KCC that they acknowledge our intent to use AOS rather than CP. Now based on the precious information gathered from your forum I understand it is probably a mistake and it would be better to go through CP because of our high case number. Am I right ?
4) However when I had my interview in Paris 3 years ago at the consulate for my E-2 visa I did not have a positive answer at the end of the interview as it is usually the case. Instead my case had to be transfered and reviewed in the US for additional security check (maybe because of my muslim name that might be shared by some bad guys…). In my case it only took 2 weeks but on the paper the consular officer gave me at the end of the interview it was written it usually lasts less than 3 months… I am afraid that the same situation happens again and make us lose some precious months. I read on your forum that security check are faster with AOS rather than CP. So I am wondering if it is still worth to opt for CP? Does the fact that I am already on a US visa will speed up the security check ?
5) If you confirm that in our case CP is still better than AOS I am still worried that requesting KCC to switch from AOS to CP might delay our case. What do you think ? How long would it take for KCC to make the change ?
Thank you very much in advance for your answers and thank you for being so helpful on this forum!
RnNZfQn2o2xpggJQqefCOervMbPIci5mujDPJnvl43kv6Rtxjyh5gHN_JKVzeU-aaGz3pePFgxfoAAtZJZNx8mveVTc-11j98EfuAJVcumUenA=s0-d-e1-ft

1. That number isn't high. No problem on the marriage.
2. No entering the lottery is not a concern of immigrant intent.
3. No - you will have plenty of time for AoS.
4. You will still have a security check, but it is probably faster compared to CP processing if there is a name issue.
5. Your call, but I would suggest you stick with AoS.

FYI that number would have gone current in June last year. This year might be the same, and if so an AoS case can be filed early - so you could actually file around April or May. Some forum member cases that were only current in September were completed on time, so you have more than enough time.

Hello Everyone,

Last time you enter US:

In which embassy you were? He didn't ask for any financial support or sponsor documents?

In which embassy you were? He didn't ask for any financial support or sponsor documents?

Applicants processing AOS (adjustment of status) do not attend interview at an embassy, and what each person is asked to present at the time of the interview varies.

I noticed all your postings have all being mostly about the affidavit of support or financial evidence. You need to realize that what may be the practice in one embassy is not necessarily applicable in another embassy. You really should focus on what's applicable where you will be interviewing, and making sure you will be able to provide for and support yourself when the move is made to the U.S.

Hello everyone,

I wouldn't even entertain the thoughts of CP if I was in your shoes considering the delay you stated you experienced with getting your E-2 visa approved. However if you're okay with the possibility of being placed on AP which means not being able to come back to the U.S. for possibly some months or however long the AP takes to get resolved, then go the CP route.

Applicants processing AOS (adjustment of status) do not attend interview at an embassy, and what each person is asked to present at the time of the interview varies.

I noticed all your postings have all being mostly about the affidavit of support or financial evidence. You need to realize that what may be the practice in one embassy is not necessarily applicable in another embassy. You really should focus on what's applicable where you will be interviewing, and making sure you will be able to provide for and support yourself when the move is made to the U.S.
Yes I know that it depends on embassies and there is no strict rule about it, that's why I am interested to get information as much as I can.

Yes I know that it depends on embassies and there is no strict rule about it, that's why I am interested to get information as much as I can.

Not much point asking which embassy someone interviewed at in a thread where people don't interview in embassies at all though... So you need to be careful just gathering info from everywhere as some will be inapplicable to you and could actually damage your case as a result.

FYI Jan 15 cutoff numbers are out
EU is higher than I had expected:

AFRICA 21,000 Except:
Egypt: 9,000
Ethiopia: 12,000
ASIA 3,250
EUROPE 16,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 700
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 825

Last edited:

Which is precisely why you need to be very careful with your information gathering as you might end up causing your case more harm than good. The fact that you're asking someone who did not attend an embassy interview about financial evidence is a case in point of what I'm getting at.

Hey everyone,
I am still waiting for my second NL after submitting my DS-260 on August 9th and selecting to have my interview scheduled in the USA through USCIS. I see they are having a backlog at KCC so I will try not to stress much about it, even though I thought of giving them a call next Monday.
I have a question in regards to the affidavit of support, as I might have someone willing to sponsor me financially for the purpose of the GC application. I know from the spreadsheet that the sponsor should fill out the I-134 form and provide the last three years' tax returns and a bank statement. Now, I apologize if this question has been asked / answered before, but how much is the minimum satisfactory amount that the sponsor should show in his bank statements? And also, must they have steady income?
I am on a student visa and therefore I do not have much in the bank myself, I have a CPT job but it is less than part time so I do not make much. My family abroad helps me with expenses sometimes. The only good way for me for proof of financial support is to go for an affidavit.

Please help me figure this out?
Thanks in advance!