• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I heard from my lawyer today (unprompted by me). He said he'd be "dropping off an inquiry at USCIS with regards to your application tomorrow. We will request that the application be adjudicated as soon as possible." [As a reminder, I had my interview a month ago, and submitted an RFE three weeks ago].

This all sounds good to me and I'm all for it - however, does anyone think doing this could harm my chances (eg: by annoying the officer)? If so, I'd prefer not to do it and just wait. He's planning to drop it off tomorrow, so if anyone sees this tonight and has any thoughts, let me know!

Thanks a million, as usual!

The cost range of medical was anywhere from 220+ vaccination cost to $500 including everything. I think it would be uniform. Some panel doctors want to rip off the immigrants. Anyway, I would really appreciate if you post or if other readers confirm the list of Vaccination required. I am planning on taking vaccination from somewhere else where it is cheaper.
Mine was $177, excluding the vaccinations (I only needed Tdap, got it for free at Walgreens, thanks insurance! Otherwise it'd have been $67 apparently)
While there is a list of required vaccinations in the document, I think this picture might make it a bit clearer. Please note that according to a new specification on the civil surgeon's site, the flu vaccine requirements have changed a bit (I'm pretty sure we're out of season anyway). I'd have fought it tooth and nail if they said I needed it (now, at the end of the season)
  • Influenza vaccine is required for applicants 6 months through 18 years of age during the influenza (flu) season. Influenza vaccine continues to be required for adults 50 years of age or older. SOURCE2015-04-15 22.51.00.jpg

I heard from my lawyer today (unprompted by me). He said he'd be "dropping off an inquiry at USCIS with regards to your application tomorrow. We will request that the application be adjudicated as soon as possible." [As a reminder, I had my interview a month ago, and submitted an RFE three weeks ago].

This all sounds good to me and I'm all for it - however, does anyone think doing this could harm my chances (eg: by annoying the officer)? If so, I'd prefer not to do it and just wait. He's planning to drop it off tomorrow, so if anyone sees this tonight and has any thoughts, let me know!

They need a prod. You have waited long enough...

Mine was $177, excluding the vaccinations (I only needed Tdap, got it for free at Walgreens, thanks insurance! Otherwise it'd have been $67 apparently)
While there is a list of required vaccinations in the document, I think this picture might make it a bit clearer. Please note that according to a new specification on the civil surgeon's site, the flu vaccine requirements have changed a bit (I'm pretty sure we're out of season anyway). I'd have fought it tooth and nail if they said I needed it (now, at the end of the season)
  • Influenza vaccine is required for applicants 6 months through 18 years of age during the influenza (flu) season. Influenza vaccine continues to be required for adults 50 years of age or older. SOURCEView attachment 446
Did you make skin test or blood test.

Hello mom,
I have a question on form I-485.
Form I-485, part 3, question C says "If none, write "None".
However, under the Instructions for I-485 it says, "Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer "none," leave the space blank."
So should I leave that question blank or write "none"?

Hey guys, as I'm Egupt 25,000, if I'm right I expect our interview in July as a next VB.

I need to start but I don't know what I have to do as a beginning.

According to your opinion I can file to Chicago on May 14th, right?

@ any one has the cover letter headline for a 4 persons as a family? If so please post it to help.

@ is it need to send copy from the old passport because the student visa I came with in the old one? Also we have around 6 (I-20 ) 3 of them was temporary and 3 after we got the extensions approved which is issued by the university. Please advise which one we have to send with file ?

@for the 330 fees I just print this page and fill the information and send it to the address which is written in the form or in the page? Is the money order yo the should be written to Dv lottery or department of states DV lottery.?
I'm sorry but I'm trying to do my best to not miss anything. Thanks

First of all the fact that your CN could be current in July doesn't necessarily mean you will be interviewed in July, you need to be aware of that so you don't start getting worked when the IL for July doesn't show up.

Now as for where to start, you can start by going over the AOS spreadsheet which has answers to most basic questions related to DV AOS. When you can send out your AOS package in May depends on when the VB is posted, it doesn't necessarily have to be on May 14th.

Regarding a cover letter, some are of the opinion they need to use it, such a note is redundant IMO. I don't think it's necessary.

Yes copies of the old passport with the visa should be included. Also include copies of all the I-20s you have.

You need to send in your DV payment right away if you haven't done so already to give you enough time to get back the receipt before mailing the I-485 package. Mail the form to the address listed on the form itself. Write "U.S. Department of State" on the Money Order.

Hi Mom,
Today my wife got CPO notification and after few hours again status changed with "Welcome notice was Mailed".
Questions:
1) What does this line means? "Please follow the instructions in the notice.Your new permanent resident card should arrive by June 14, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."
2) Do I need to wait for the official Approval letter for my wife case so that i can submit its copy to USCIS or I can take copy of current Status of her case and submit to IO for my case ?

Thank you
Xenon_writer

Congratulations to your wife, and by extension to you too - things are gradually getting to the desired end for you both.

1. Disregard what that message says, it's a generic information which gets sent out, not relevant to your case.

2. I would suggest you wait for the actual Welcome Notice to arrive (and possibly the GC itself) following which you can send copies of those to your IO.

It's a good idea, no harm in giving them a reminder.

Also, are the bank statements the things you find on the bank website? And should I erase the account number or leave it on there?

If you receive bank statements electronically, then print those out, bank statements are not the account activities you see when you log on to your account. If statements are mailed out, send copies of those. You can white out/erase the account number if you desire as long as the statement shows your name.

Hello mom,
I have a question on form I-485.
Form I-485, part 3, question C says "If none, write "None".
However, under the Instructions for I-485 it says, "Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer "none," leave the space blank."
So should I leave that question blank or write "none"?

You can write "None" under section C just like the form says, you wouldn't be penalized for that. An obvious place where someone can't write 'none' for instance would be under 'Middle Name' if the person doesn't have a middle name. If someone where to write 'None' in that, they would take it that 'None' is the person's middle name hence the instruction to leave sections that FO not apply blank.

The instructions are a bit confusing, I know. One just needs to use discretion and make a judgement call as needed.

You can write "None" under section C just like the form says, you wouldn't be penalized for that. An obvious place where someone can't write 'none' for instance would be under 'Middle Name' if the person doesn't have a middle name. If someone where to write 'None' in that, they would take it that 'None' is the person's middle name hence the instruction to leave sections that FO not apply blank.

The instructions are a bit confusing, I know. One just needs to use discretion and make a judgement call as needed.
Thank you Mom.
That C section has multiple lines/rows, so I suppose I put "None" on all of them?

Did you make skin test or blood test.
I did the skin test since it was included in the price and the blood test was extra (and I have to return to get back the form anyway since I didn't have all required vaccines. I'm not sure what PCG means (I saw that in the email, I guess you edited it)? If you mean the vaccine and you have proof of it, you may try to use it instead, I guess it depends on the doctor?

First of all the fact that your CN could be current in July doesn't necessarily mean you will be interviewed in July, you need to be aware of that so you don't start getting worked when the IL for July doesn't show up.

Now as for where to start, you can start by going over the AOS spreadsheet which has answers to most basic questions related to DV AOS. When you can send out your AOS package in May depends on when the VB is posted, it doesn't necessarily have to be on May 14th.

Regarding a cover letter, some are of the opinion they need to use it, such a note is redundant IMO. I don't think it's necessary.

Yes copies of the old passport with the visa should be included. Also include copies of all the I-20s you have.

You need to send in your DV payment right away if you haven't done so already to give you enough time to get back the receipt before mailing the I-485 package. Mail the form to the address listed on the form itself. Write "U.S. Department of State" on the Money Order.
Thanks for your time and your reply, I believe I will be in July VB.

So you believe even if the next July VB comes it doesn't mean I will interview in July? Even if we sent the file to Chicago in. May 15th ?

Last edited:
Hi Sm1smom,

A couple more of "I'm probably overthinking this" questions:

Can we print both sides of paper (for example I printed my I-20s two-sided, since there's so much paper!
Can we staple stuff?
What service should I use to mail this to the Chicago Lockbox?

Thank you!

I did the skin test since it was included in the price and the blood test was extra (and I have to return to get back the form anyway since I didn't have all required vaccines. I'm not sure what PCG means (I saw that in the email, I guess you edited it)? If you mean the vaccine and you have proof of it, you may try to use it instead, I guess it depends on the doctor?
It is the TB test, I got that the vaccine in 30 years ago but the doctor said if we make the skin test and showed positive you can't apply for AOS until you finish medical treatment and he suggested to do the blood teats which is cost $100 for each one of us. Please advise ? Is it true if the skin test showed positive we can't go in AOS?