• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello Mom,
I would like to verify couple of things:
1. On the form I-485 for application type, principal applicant select "h" and on the given line I should put: DV Lottery Winner. Letter Attached) and for derivative select "b"?
2. Is it ok to take the evidence of financial support (Bank statement, form I-134 Affidavit of Support and etc) to the interview, instead of attaching it to AOS package?

Hello Mom,
I would like to verify couple of things:
1. On the form I-485 for application type, principal applicant select "h" and on the given line I should put: DV Lottery Winner. Letter Attached) and for derivative select "b"?
2. Is it ok to take the evidence of financial support (Bank statement, form I-134 Affidavit of Support and etc) to the interview, instead of attaching it to AOS package?

1. Yes

2. Include everything with the package if you already have them, gives the IO enough time to go over them prior to your interview. However if you don't have them on hand, you can still take them along to the interview.

Guys,
I am preparing documents for AOS package hoping my number will be current in next month's visa bulletin. I have few questions. Now I am in OPT extension. My first questions is should I submit both OPT cards or just current one. Same question regarding I20s, All or the current one? I also renewed my passport recently but I used my old in the DS260. Should I include copy of both passports or just the current one?
Thank you for your help!

I'm finally in a visa bulletin! Haha, that is, my number becomes current in June, yay!

So, I did my medical exam today and it was a little bit weird cause they made me undress to check for STD lesions, but the doctor didn't even look so that was good. It just took me completely by (unpleasant) surprise. He was a bit amused that after 8 years in the US they were checking to see if I was contagious, so he basically looked in my ears and throat and waved me on my way (no reflex test or anything else). Please note that not all clinics do vaccinations. And, for a 27-year old, the required vaccines are: MMR, Varicella, Tdap and Flu (though as I said before, Flu was not required of me, probably because it's out of season, but I'd have asked them to read the website with the newer regulations if they had required me to do it). I needed to redo my Tdap, so I ended up going to Walgreens, since the clinic I went to for immigration stuff didn't do immunizations. Just two FYIs: first, it's preferable not to say why you want the vaccine (my work clinic refused to do it because they "don't do immigration" stuff, at which point I wanted to tell the lady on the phone to please forget why I needed it, it's just a freaking vaccination, I'm not requiring you to fill any forms; so I didn't mention the reason at Walgreens). Second, if you're not sure about the Tdap vaccine, please note that if you've not had the tetanus shot in the past 10 years, you'll have to do it, so maybe do it in advance.

I was actually given a document with required vaccinations for every age group, I could take a picture and post it if people think it would be helpful.

I'm returning Thursday to check the status of the TB test and finish the documentation, and then I'll be sending my file to USCIS..

A few questions:
1. Is it alright to send my file to USCIS now (I'm current in June)?
2. Does anyone know how far behind AOS is vs CP this year?

I guess that's it for now. Thanks and good luck!

Guys,
I am preparing documents for AOS package hoping my number will be current in next month's visa bulletin. I have few questions. Now I am in OPT extension. My first questions is should I submit both OPT cards or just current one. Same question regarding I20s, All or the current one? I also renewed my passport recently but I used my old in the DS260. Should I include copy of both passports or just the current one?
Thank you for your help!
I would send both OPT cards, and definitely all I-20s (the Google Doc says so). Just to be safe, both passports, especially if the old one has a visa in it. Also, copies of all previous visas if you had more than one. I've asked a similar question to the immigration people at my work place (for an H1-B application) and that was their opinion too, better safe than sorry.

Congratulations on coming this far.

1. No one knows for sure how much longer it might take before a final decision is made.
2. Online status will change when the case is either approved or denied.
3. Probably not at this stage if the IO never brought it up at the time of your interview. If you did not list that name on your I-485 as part of your full name, your GC will be issued without the omitted middle name, and the rest of your U.S. government issued documents will follow the same pattern as they will be based on whatever is written on your GC.

You're an angel, Mom - thanks so much for the help! Will keep everyone updated, of course, and I'll post a full account of my experience when it's all done... [FYI: my I-485 has all my names, but my biographical information form has the "truncated name" as "other names I go by". That's what my lawyer recommended. Then again, my lawyer didn't seem to know I needed to provide financial information, hence the RFE, so not sure how much to trust them...!]

I would send both OPT cards, and definitely all I-20s (the Google Doc says so). Just to be safe, both passports, especially if the old one has a visa in it. Also, copies of all previous visas if you had more than one. I've asked a similar question to the immigration people at my work place (for an H1-B application) and that was their opinion too, better safe than sorry.
Thank you. I will include all what I have!

I'm finally in a visa bulletin! Haha, that is, my number becomes current in June, yay!

So, I did my medical exam today and it was a little bit weird cause they made me undress to check for STD lesions, but the doctor didn't even look so that was good. It just took me completely by (unpleasant) surprise. He was a bit amused that after 8 years in the US they were checking to see if I was contagious, so he basically looked in my ears and throat and waved me on my way (no reflex test or anything else). Please note that not all clinics do vaccinations. And, for a 27-year old, the required vaccines are: MMR, Varicella, Tdap and Flu (though as I said before, Flu was not required of me, probably because it's out of season, but I'd have asked them to read the website with the newer regulations if they had required me to do it). I needed to redo my Tdap, so I ended up going to Walgreens, since the clinic I went to for immigration stuff didn't do immunizations. Just two FYIs: first, it's preferable not to say why you want the vaccine (my work clinic refused to do it because they "don't do immigration" stuff, at which point I wanted to tell the lady on the phone to please forget why I needed it, it's just a freaking vaccination, I'm not requiring you to fill any forms; so I didn't mention the reason at Walgreens). Second, if you're not sure about the Tdap vaccine, please note that if you've not had the tetanus shot in the past 10 years, you'll have to do it, so maybe do it in advance.

I was actually given a document with required vaccinations for every age group, I could take a picture and post it if people think it would be helpful.

I'm returning Thursday to check the status of the TB test and finish the documentation, and then I'll be sending my file to USCIS..

A few questions:

Congratulations on being current, so yes you can send out your I-485 package in view of the fact the VB is officially out and has your number listed under the cut-off number in the advanced notification section.

The Walgreens, CVS, RiteAids, etc really couldn't care less the reason for the vaccination as long as they get paid, so nothing wrong with saying its for immigration purpose if asked. However, the work place clinic, public health department or any other place where one could possibly get the vaccinations for free or at a greatly reduced cost will obviously refuse to administer the shots if one says its for immigration purpose since it's not something they've ordered or requested, no brainer to that.

A few questions:

Thanks for sharing. I will be current in July and trying to prepare for the AOS package. I am 29 and I am trying to shop for Medical Panel Physician. The cost range of medical was anywhere from 220+ vaccination cost to $500 including everything. I think it would be uniform. Some panel doctors want to rip off the immigrants. Anyway, I would really appreciate if you post or if other readers confirm the list of Vaccination required. I am planning on taking vaccination from somewhere else where it is cheaper. Also the irony is I am a health professional who performs all the RPR, HIV and other blood work everyday and could do it for free at my place but I have to go to some greedy doctor who charge me ridiculous amount of money for those tests.

To answer your question:
1. Yes you can send your file.
2.Don't know, but I guess it depends on regions.

hello again
I'm filling I765 but I dont know what answer should I put in question16. There are 3 ( )s so what should I do?
I read the instruction I guess I might put C9 as an answer.

Thanks for sharing. I will be current in July and trying to prepare for the AOS package. I am 29 and I am trying to shop for Medical Panel Physician. The cost range of medical was anywhere from 220+ vaccination cost to $500 including everything. I think it would be uniform. Some panel doctors want to rip off the immigrants. Anyway, I would really appreciate if you post or if other readers confirm the list of Vaccination required. I am planning on taking vaccination from somewhere else where it is cheaper. Also the irony is I am a health professional who performs all the RPR, HIV and other blood work everyday and could do it for free at my place but I have to go to some greedy doctor who charge me ridiculous amount of money for those tests.

To answer your question:
1. Yes you can send your file.
2.Don't know, but I guess it depends on regions.

List of required vaccinations is posted under the Medical Exam tab on the AOS spreadsheet, link to that is on the first post on page 1 of this thread.

(C)(9)() - leave the 3rd bracket blank.
Thank you mom for the fast reply.
I came up with some more questions

1.Does my husband has to attach the same document as mine? Such as marriage certificate. Or sent it only 1 copy with my i485?
2.Do my husband and I need to show financial support Form(I134)? Can I show only my i134 because I'm a principal applicant.

Thank you again

Last edited:
Thank you mom for the fast reply.
I came up with some more questions

1.Does my husband has to attach the same document as mine? Such as marriage certificate. Or sent it only 1 copy with my i485?
2.Do my husband and I need to show financial support Form(I134)? Can I show only my i134 because I'm a principal applicant.

Thank you again

Take a look at the 'AOS Package' tab on the AOS spreadsheet for a list of who sends what. Bear in mind this list is for guidance only, you're responsible for sending any and every other thing you think might be pertinent to your case.

Edit:

Did you speak with an immigration lawyer like I suggested before or you're simply taking a gamble by going ahead to file as is? Are you aware that even if you manage to slip by and get approved now, your GC can be revoked years down the road if they find out you were not eligible to file for AOS when you did which means the GC was erroneously issued???

Hey guys, as I'm Egupt 25,000, if I'm right I expect our interview in July as a next VB.

I need to start but I don't know what I have to do as a beginning.

According to your opinion I can file to Chicago on May 14th, right?

@ any one has the cover letter headline for a 4 persons as a family? If so please post it to help.

@ is it need to send copy from the old passport because the student visa I came with in the old one? Also we have around 6 (I-20 ) 3 of them was temporary and 3 after we got the extensions approved which is issued by the university. Please advise which one we have to send with file ?

@for the 330 fees I just print this page and fill the information and send it to the address which is written in the form or in the page? Is the money order yo the should be written to Dv lottery or department of states DV lottery.?
I'm sorry but I'm trying to do my best to not miss anything. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Mom,
Today my wife got CPO notification and after few hours again status changed with "Welcome notice was Mailed".
Questions:
1) What does this line means? "Please follow the instructions in the notice.Your new permanent resident card should arrive by June 14, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."
2) Do I need to wait for the official Approval letter for my wife case so that i can submit its copy to USCIS or I can take copy of current Status of her case and submit to IO for my case ?

Thank you
Xenon_writer