• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I hope so. Is there a way to predict the VB numbers?
As you probably already know: as you are attending college in the US under F-1 and were possibly planning on returning home over the summer anyways, another sensible option may be to follow the CP route (instead of AOS), specifically if you'd expect to become current towards the very end of the DV year, around August/September. AOS can be done and has been done successfully before within one month, as mom and britsimon will attest to, yet you might find it more stressful and there is a chance (however small) of DV 2015 expiring on you. However, even the time frame of switching from AOS to CP is starting get tight and I therefore would be hesitant to recommend one over the other in your case. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of all your options... Good luck to you!

Last edited:
As you probably already know: as you are attending college in the US under F-1 and were possibly planning on returning home over the summer anyways, another sensible option may be follow the CP route (instead of AOS), specifically if you'd expect to become current towards the end of the DV year, around August/September. AOS can be done and has been done successfully before within one month, as mom and britsimon will attest to, yet you might find it more stressful and there is a chance (however small) of DV 2015 expiring on you. However, even the time frame of switching from AOS to CP is starting get tight and I therefore would be hesitant to recommend one over the other in your case. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of all your options... Good luck to you!

Thank you so much. I have no plans going out of the country until this is settled. If my number is current in August, is it still a good idea to go with a AOS? or should I consider a CP?

Thank you so much. I have no plans going out of the country until this is settled. If my number is current in August, is it still a good idea to go with a AOS? or should I consider a CP?
I think, ultimately, this is a call only you personally can make, given that this is a trade-off and there clearly are risks and possible upsides associated with both options.

AoS is safe IF you follow Moms advice and in fact has certain advantages over CP. Some people that were current in September last year completed AoS in the first half of September. But - you REALLY need to read the instructions Mom directed you to - because you really should not be as uniformed as you appear at this point.

Yes - and I do!

Oh wow. I believe in you.

I have a friend who won the DV lottery for 2015 too. Her VB number is current for the month of June. But the problem with her is that she didnt understand the VB number system and she applied for a AOS before her number was current. Can she re-apply?

I have a friend who won the DV lottery for 2015 too. Her VB number is current for the month of June. But the problem with her is that she didnt understand the VB number system and she applied for a AOS before her number was current. Can she re-apply?

Of course she can. She just has to pay the AOS fee again now that her CN is current.

That is a great question for her to ask on the AOS thread that Mom directed you to earlier - but yes she can with the payment of the fees again.

Hi, there. A good friend of mine just got his visa package and is planning to move to the US. He has a family and is curious about traveling first to the US to find a job/place to live and then having his family come over. Any experiences to share about this?

Hi, there. A good friend of mine just got his visa package and is planning to move to the US. He has a family and is curious about traveling first to the US to find a job/place to live and then having his family come over. Any experiences to share about this?

This varies so differently by family it's hard to give advice. One thing to remember is that it's longer and more difficult to get the family over if they are not on DVs. Some people do find it better to find a job and be earning money before the family comes. Others find it difficult for the family to be apart, it can end up being a year or more if they don't have DV visas. If the kids are school age, public school is free and many have aftercare, so the wife can also look for a job.

Hi
I found out late May that i was selected for DV2015. I only submitted my DS260 at May 21st 2014.
My case number is 2015AF00055XXX and i live in Kenay. Do u think i will be programmed for the interview or i completed the DS too late?
How does it work? When should I expect the interview?
Thank you