• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 Lottery High number or not? Please help.

Signs of "baselessness"
1. People (like Makiki) use fake rank numbers in order to look like lottery winners and identify themselves as lottery winners when they are not. Isn't this a proof?
2. Poeple (like aos13) provide wrong information without even a possibility to accept that they are wrong.
3., A number of users report that they were misinformed and sent forms to KCC by email. To private email addresses.

More proof? You need FBI to be involved? What would you consuider a proof enough? Only criminal conviction by US court?

As I said, why would a huge number of people to be interested in AOS procedure when only about 5% of immigrants do AOS? Provided here is a illegal schema present already?
Yes, right, because AOS does not involve sending forms to KCC, and those scammers want to collect money for those forms that are not needed at all. That is why AOS thread is fully packed with them, trying to convince others DS-230 and other DOS forms are needed. Just because DSP-122 looks being outdated, and there is a good chance to collect money illegally playing on that, while the form is not used in the process at all.

I dont understand. There appears to be be many people who followed AOS process and sent their DSP-122 to KCC and not the DS-230 and now have their green cards. Are you saying this is not the AOS process? The selectee instructions for selectees in the USA already tell me to send my materials to KCC and I dont have to pay anything until KCC respond and tells me all is good to go. So Im confused by you. The "scammers" you are talking about seem to know what they are talking about.

Quite frankly you appear to have a touch of the conspiracy theorists about you. Please post some proof or some link to other information that supports your allegations that telling people to start AOS by sending documents to KCC is incorrect or some scam- then maybe those on this forum can make up their minds rather than being caught in a battle between you and other posters who seem to genuinely want to help people. This process is confusing enough without this malarky going on.

Just my 2cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will again take time to report this harsh changes of opinions....
I find it very difficult to focus on important things when there are users trowing mud on to the other...
If one is mistaken and gives bad advices, the other must politely correct the mistake... But I only see harsh and aggressive answers and no respect what so ever...

The selectee instructions for selectees in the USA already tell me to send my materials to KCC and I dont have to pay anything until KCC respond and tells me all is good to go. So Im confused by you. The "scammers" you are talking about seem to know what they are talking about.
Wrong. Selectee instructions do not list those forms for AOS process at all. Scammers need them because they collect money for you sending those forms to their emails.

If you consider this as the right action, feel free to do it
But please be polite on the forum!
And for all : STOP FIGHTING AND USE THE REPORT ICON IF SOMETHING NEEDS REPORTED OR REPORT TO ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION YOU FEEL RIGHT BUT STOP FIGHTING! FIGHTS WILL MAKE THE FORUM HARD TO FOLLOW AND WILL NOT HELP USERS BUT THE OPPOSITE!

If you consider this as the right action, feel free to do it
But please be polite on the forum!
And for all : STOP FIGHTING AND USE THE REPORT ICON IF SOMETHING NEEDS REPORTED OR REPORT TO ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION YOU FEEL RIGHT BUT STOP FIGHTING! FIGHTS WILL MAKE THE FORUM HARD TO FOLLOW AND WILL NOT HELP USERS BUT THE OPPOSITE!

We need to stop those illegal activities on our forum. Tools for that:
1. Reporting to government websites
2. Telling people the truth about both the process and scammer's illegal activities

Wrong. Selectee instructions do not list those forms for AOS process at all. Scammers need them because they collect money for you sending those forms to their emails.

Who is collecting money from me sending forms to KCC?

Please don't bother. You can safely assume that people are smart enough to send their own forms to the correct addresses by themselves. Last time I checked USPS still delivers.

I've reported him. He's spamming the forum, and bumping up threads with useless posts. Plus he's making unsubstantiated accusations against posters.

Scammers on this forum do. They give users their private email that looks similar to KCC email, and they charge money for sending forms to it. They convince users DOS does not have updated forms (they expire) and ask people to submit forms by email to KCC, however, give their own private email. That is how they get money.
That is why they are interested to convince their victims that DOS forms are required by AOS process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've reported him. He's spamming the forum, and bumping up threads with useless posts. Plus he's making unsubstantiated accusations against posters.
Not true. The accusations are very substantiated, however, I am not accusing individuals. I am only accusing their postings as scam. I received several private messages decsribing whet they are doing. Scam needs to be reported and it needs to be got off the forum

Scammers on this forum do. They give users their private email that looks similar to KCC email, and they charge money for sending forms to it. They convince users DOS does not have updated forms (they expire) and ask people to submit forms by email to KCC, however, give their own private email. That is how they get money.
That is why they are interested to convince their victims that DOS forms are required by AOS process.

So youre NOT saying that sending forms or making payment to KCC is always a scam if forms and payment are genuinely going to KCC? Just that scammers will try and convince people to send them money instead of KCC by giving them the wrong information so that forms and money goes to them? Any problem can then be avoided by confirming correct postal addresses and emails?

Do you have actual proof that anyone on this forum has ACTUALLY done that? If AOS process doesnt start by sending DSP-122 to KCC to confirm AOS eligibility then please post a link to what process AOS people should be following. I cant find anything that says I dont need to send documents to KCC first.

Thank you.

So youre NOT saying that sending forms or making payment to KCC is always a scam if forms and payment are genuinely going to KCC?
Not at all. In that case it is just a redundant unnecessary thing, not required by instructions. Actually, sending DS-230 could harm anyway, it could cause CP instead of AOS.
But here on the forum we have scammers who charge money for people sending their forms to their email address that looks like KCC email address, with .com ion the end.

Yes, I have actual proof some people did that. I receved PM about that.

If AOS process doesnt start by sending DSP-122 to KCC to confirm AOS eligibility
it does not - use link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html

then please post a link to what process AOS people should be following. I cant find anything that says I dont need to send documents to KCC first
What source are you using?

So youre NOT saying that sending forms or making payment to KCC is always a scam if forms and payment are genuinely going to KCC? Just that scammers will try and convince people to send them money instead of KCC by giving them the wrong information so that forms and money goes to them? Any problem can then be avoided by confirming correct postal addresses and emails?

Do you have actual proof that anyone on this forum has ACTUALLY done that? If AOS process doesnt start by sending DSP-122 to KCC to confirm AOS eligibility then please post a link to what process AOS people should be following. I cant find anything that says I dont need to send documents to KCC first.

Thank you.

Diversity visa selectee overseas >> Follow Steps 2 to Step 4, starting below.
Diversity visa selectee already in the United States >> When the principal (primary) diversity visa selectee is already physically present in the U.S., you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for adjustment of status. Click Adjust Status to learn more.

If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office. USCIS will provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S.

But I called KCC and was told to send both forms. Now I am confused too.

In this case ist is extremely important to scammers to convince to send DOS forms when they are not required. That is why they deny any possibility that it is not part of AOS process.

If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office. USCIS will provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S.

But I called KCC and was told to send both forms. Now I am confused too.

Yeah, US immigration system is very efficient and accurate like that. :rolleyes:

There is no confusion about question 4 in form DSP-122:

4. Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to Process your Application
This will usually be the consular office nearest the place you live. However, please note that some U.S. Embassies and Consulates do not process immigrant visas. If you are not sure whether the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you processes immigrant visas, or if you do not know which is the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest to you, please list the city and country where you live. If you live in the United States and plan to adjust status with the United State (sic) Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) please list "USCIS"; If you live in the United States but you intend to return abroad to be interviewed, please list the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that processes immigrant visas for the area where you lived before you came to the United States.

So KCC wants to know if you want to go with USCIS. Can we please move on?

PS: It used to say "BCIS" in the older forms, but now they want you to type "USCIS".

I cant find anything that says I dont need to send documents to KCC first.

Thank you.
People should read the forms from KCC. In DSP-122, at #4, the primary applicant has to notify KCC if he/she wants to be interviewed in his home country or abroad (CP) or wants to adjust status in the US. If the latter, KCC asks applicant to write "BCIS".

I don't think sending a form to KCC is mandatory. Indeed, the instructions for selectees on the DV website direct applicants to the official USCIS website for more information about AOS. On the USCIS website, the applicants are told to send only I-485 when their numbers become current.

If people who choose AOS want to send DSP-122 to KCC just to feel safe, I don't see how this is such a big deal (I would send the form too if I opted for AOS!). It's obvious KCC collects this information, i.e., how many selectees apply through CP and how many through AOS.

However, I don't understand why anyone would even believe they can send these forms via e-mail, especially since it is clearly stated on the DV website that the forms (and later, the payment) must be sent to *MAIL ADDRESS LISTED THERE*. Why would anyone send their forms to an e-mail or address that is different from the one posted on the official DV website?

When selected, you are provided with a lot of information about the application process. Maybe the instructions are not always straightforward but at least it is CLEAR that the forms CANNOT be sent via e-mail but to ONE SPECIFIC address. Now, why would anyone need somebody else (a stranger from a forum; scam artist or not) to send their forms and payment to KCC on their behalf? This just makes NO SENSE.

People should read the forms from KCC. In DSP-122, at #4, the primary applicant has to notify KCC if he/she wants to be interviewed in his home country or abroad (CP) or wants to adjust status in the US. If the latter, KCC asks applicant to write "BCIS".

Wow, almost at the same time you posted the same thing. Except that you have the older form. :)