• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr BOUNCER ,I remember last year the status of one of my friend who were put in AP. First they left AP to READY, and then from READY to AP again when they were prepare to print but just for some hours! so,keep checking, you will find that the ISSUED will start by the main applicant and then some minutes or hours later one or two family members and finally all of you. Today is your unforgettable day pal
Heehee , Aimanda you are kidding me, KaiaUg, has not told me that, may beeeee. The celebrations not? not yet, yesterday , I got a status update but nothing changed and I received nothing in my mail box, today, I have received a status update again but this time it has bounced back to A.P for all of us. I REMEMBER NAIROBBA WANTED TO CHANGE HIS NAME TO WAITER, IAM ALSO ABOUT TO CHANGE MY NAME TO BOUNCER;), Because right now I keep on bouncing(Status).

In an effort to find ways of consoling my self, I have got the follwing experiences that happened last year. It seems the trend is
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING to READY to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING to ISSUED
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was in a similar sitation. i wanted to write to let everyone know of my experience and provide some answers.
April 02, 2013 - Appeared for interview along with my wife who was applying for a seperate H1B Visa. We both had the USCIS approved I797's. The consular asked me where i was working and in a few seconds said both our visas ar issued and handed us a green slip.

April 04, 2013 - My wife received her passport with the visa stamped. My status on the tracking website changed to the dreaded "administrative processing". I panicked and started calling my employer, my local senator and congressman. They all were sympathetic but said that they couldnt help in this case. Called lawyer who said that there is no option but to wait and that processing can take up to 3 months.

April 08, 2013 - Status changed to "ready". Was very happy that there is at least some movement in my case. By the end of the day the status changed back to "administrative processing".

April 12, 2013 - Late afternoon, status changed again to "Issued".

April 13, 2013 - Got passport back.

"i think" that when the consulor officer says that the visa is issued he may decide for "PIMS" processing which takes a few more days to be completed. I am not entirely. I spent the whole time that i was visiting my parents under tremendous amount of stress as i was not even sure if I could keep my jopb if I did not return on time. If you get a green slip then i think the delay is of about a week more than what i would have ideally taken. There is no way to contact the embassy and if you do then they will send you templated reply for you to wait for at least 6-8 weeks. Hope this helps people who are in a similar situation.

Originally Posted by rahulkarthik View Post
Hi Vskumar,

I am facing that issue as well. When did you attend your interview.

My Interview date was 12th June 2013

Right now the status is "Administrative Processing even though the VO said, my visa is approved after the interview" -

Case creation date - 11th June 2013
Status updated date - 17th June 2013 (Until yesterday morning it was 12th June 2013).

Kindly let me know if you get any updates

That means some kind of activity has taken place..ideally, what it means is they have been able to resolve the queries raised in your application and is now on way to issue you the visa. My understanding is you will hear from them tmw or day after tomorrow.

The flow is this: Administrative processing --> Ready --> Administrative processing --> Issue --> passport in hand

Between ready and issue ..it takes about 2 working days..and between Issue and passport-in-hand its about another day or so..this is the general time taken but some cases can take more time. So any status update is a step forward to you getting the visa stamped.

Good luck and let me know when you get the visa
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:26 AM
after my interview i checked my status and its says ready,later afternoon it comes AP ryt away ,then the next day it says issued....dotn worry guys i heard a lady asking when she can possibly receive the visa the lady on the window says start to pack ur things now, our process now is faster wait less than 5 days u will recv ur visa.....think positive guys goodluck to all of us
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
vkoleti - 08/23/13 06:51

Happiest Day..Hip Hip Hurray!!!! ........

Today My case status has been changed to Issued. Here how it goes...

today morning at around 10:30 AM case has been updated and the status has been changed Ready. After one hour exactly, case status has been reverted to Administrative Processing. I got tensed and browsed all the forums and realised that before it is getting issued status will be reverted to AP again.

Around 3PM status has been changed to Issued.

My Observations:
If the status Updated Date of your case is changed, it means they are processing you case. Immediate next day please monitor the case status in ceac.state.gov every 30 mins or 1 hr. It will be changed to Ready some time and again it will be reverted to Administrative Processing. Once the Status Updated Date is modified second time, any time you may expect the status to be changed to Issued.

This is my observation and analysis only...

Thanks all for the information and all the best for every one..It has taken almost 5 months for me to get the visa..Waiting for the Passport...

:)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So guys let me assume that its the trend with me otherwise, I don't know, all of you may take back your congratulatory messages to where they belong. I will keep you posted and I know brother Aimanda is monitoring also to see that Brother BOUNCER bounces either to "Issued" or "Refused".

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol!haiya!beware of pepo mbaya,I have been trying to log in too though I wasn't surprised coz it happened again around aug last year .

Partitas and Nairroba yes yesterday almost the whole day the site was inaccessible,God knows why!!

Mr BOUNCER ,I remember last year the status of one of my friend who were put in AP. First they left AP to READY, and then from READY to AP again when they were prepare to print but just for some hours! so,keep checking, you will find that the ISSUED will start by the main applicant and then some minutes or hours later one or two family members and finally all of you. Today is your unforgettable day pal
I also hope so, see the experiences that I have posted above in Purple.

If you are looking for some one who has suffered with AP this year, here I am, If psychological torture was a physical one, by now my wife and I would be in UGANDA NATIONAL REFERRAL HOSPITAL MULAGO with limbs broken and bruises all over the body. eh

Definitely this is what you re waiting for, ISSUED will be read from your status today, and please don't expect to be refused or denied bcs they would not ask you to send passports, I m sorry to write those very bad words starting by R and D. So, Mister BOUNCER, I know in Jesus name, you ll be singing and praising soon.
In an effort to find ways of consoling my self, I have got the follwing experiences that happened last year. It seems the trend is
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING to READY to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING to ISSUED
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was in a similar sitation. i wanted to write to let everyone know of my experience and provide some answers.
April 02, 2013 - Appeared for interview along with my wife who was applying for a seperate H1B Visa. We both had the USCIS approved I797's. The consular asked me where i was working and in a few seconds said both our visas ar issued and handed us a green slip.

April 04, 2013 - My wife received her passport with the visa stamped. My status on the tracking website changed to the dreaded "administrative processing". I panicked and started calling my employer, my local senator and congressman. They all were sympathetic but said that they couldnt help in this case. Called lawyer who said that there is no option but to wait and that processing can take up to 3 months.

April 08, 2013 - Status changed to "ready". Was very happy that there is at least some movement in my case. By the end of the day the status changed back to "administrative processing".

April 12, 2013 - Late afternoon, status changed again to "Issued".

April 13, 2013 - Got passport back.

"i think" that when the consulor officer says that the visa is issued he may decide for "PIMS" processing which takes a few more days to be completed. I am not entirely. I spent the whole time that i was visiting my parents under tremendous amount of stress as i was not even sure if I could keep my jopb if I did not return on time. If you get a green slip then i think the delay is of about a week more than what i would have ideally taken. There is no way to contact the embassy and if you do then they will send you templated reply for you to wait for at least 6-8 weeks. Hope this helps people who are in a similar situation.

That means some kind of activity has taken place..ideally, what it means is they have been able to resolve the queries raised in your application and is now on way to issue you the visa. My understanding is you will hear from them tmw or day after tomorrow.

The flow is this: Administrative processing --> Ready --> Administrative processing --> Issue --> passport in hand

Between ready and issue ..it takes about 2 working days..and between Issue and passport-in-hand its about another day or so..this is the general time taken but some cases can take more time. So any status update is a step forward to you getting the visa stamped.

Good luck and let me know when you get the visa

So guys let me assume that its the trend with me otherwise, I don't know, all of you may take back your congratulatory messages to where they belong. I will keep you posted and I know brother Aimanda is monitoring also to see that Brother BOUNCER bounces either to "Issued" or "Refused".

Definitely this is what you re waiting for, ISSUED will be read from your status today, and please don't expect to be refused or denied bcs they would not ask you to send passports, I m sorry to write those very bad words starting by R and D. So, Mister BOUNCER, I know in Jesus name, you ll be singing and praising soon.

hehehehe, don't think about these words by D or R. In the holy name I'm ready to celebrate the victory so update us ASA you get news.

was it just me or this thing was off today?I tried logging in numerous times but it wasn't accessible.Or the evil spirits are catching up with me//@@@??If anyone had a similar problem please raise your hands up...!!(rushing to go get holy water)

Hey Nairobba! My hands are getting tired. I have been raising them up since yesterday 06:04pm; I had a similar problem with you (not accessing the page) so I raised them up; coz you asked me to. Please let me know if you've recognised my action!!!

Thanks Aimanda, let me hope so, it may be true because I have checked another person who went From A.P to READY on 21st he has also bounced back to A.P today morning, funny we are now two bouncers. Let us hope that we are soon leaving the bouncing game. I have also realized that of the 26 people who were on A.P at Nairobi post by 31st Dec 2013,
- 12 Have been issued.
- 1 is ready
- 2 have bounced back from ready to A.P (Includes me)
- 1 went from A.P to Refused on 7th Jan 2014
- 10 their cases are still in A.P and they do not get updates except one who has got an update to today's date but remained in A.P still.

hehehehe, don't think about these words by D or R. In the holy name I'm ready to celebrate the victory so update us ASA you get news.
Danny dear, how are you, please share any progress like I do because if you do not share, the stress is going to blow you up is if a terrorist planted a C4 bomb in you. Share share pls Danny.

That sounds great, this time I want to be the first to congratulate you (it will be a phone call, I promise), and if I were in Kampala I d manage to shake your hand, and share a cup of tea
Thanks Aimanda, let me hope so, it may be true because I have checked another person who went From A.P to READY on 21st he has also bounced back to A.P today morning, funny we are now two bouncers. Let us hope that we are soon leaving the bouncing game. I have also realized that of the 26 people who were on A.P at Nairobi post by 31st Dec 2013,
- 12 Have been issued.
- 1 is ready
- 2 have bounced back from ready to A.P (Includes me)
- 1 went from A.P to Refused on 7th Jan 2014
- 10 their cases are still in A.P and they do not get updates except one who has got an update to today's date but remained in A.P still.

Hi family there is really no need to thing of those dreadful words beginning with R or D. Our Awesome God has been really faithful to bring us all this far and surely the visa is urs. Few hourse from now it will change to Issued for u and ur family. Just have hope for the battle is the Lords and victory is sure.
Have a nice day and waiting anxiously to read the Good News soon.

If you are looking for some one who has suffered with AP this year, here I am, If psychological torture was a physical one, by now my wife and I would be in UGANDA NATIONAL REFERRAL HOSPITAL MULAGO with limbs broken and bruises all over the body. eh
for I know The Lord doesn't have a dustbin for prayers,he hears all our prayers and always grants the desires of our hearts,no prayer will go to waste and neither the congratulatory messages you received!aimanda,lets see who calls family first to congratulate him!haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds great, this time I want to be the first to congratulate you (it will be a phone call, I promise), and if I were in Kampala I d manage to shake your hand, and share a cup of tea
Thanks man, but even if it turns out the other way round, call me and provide a shoulder to cry on.

Hi family there is really no need to thing of those dreadful words beginning with R or D. Our Awesome God has been really faithful to bring us all this far and surely the visa is urs. Few hourse from now it will change to Issued for u and ur family. Just have hope for the battle is the Lords and victory is sure.
Have a nice day and waiting anxiously to read the Good News soon.
Thank you Chris, I will be glad to give am update from the spreadsheeet as usual.

for I know The Lord doesn't have a dustbin for prayers,he hears all our prayers and always grants the desires of our hearts,no prayer will go to waste and neither the congratulatory messages you received!aimanda,lets see who calls family first to congratulate him!haha!
Indeed God does not have one. But call me for any out come because even if its the other way round, I need a shoulder to cry on though I wouldn't want you to hear me sobbing:rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.