• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ~POSE..

Do police certs expire withn 6months or 1 year.. to me i knoe its afta an year.. someone correct me pls, i took mine on SEPTEMBER and i may be current in MAY next year.. !! i did ths to avoid tha rush on da last days..
My P.Certificate was written on that ''This certificate is valid for 6 Months from the date of issue"', that is a Ugandan case for other countries members can tell us.

hello guys.. despite my silence, am logged up to tha dv2014 family full time, gettin ua updates.. day afta day, hour afta hour.. family2133 .. i wish u al da best on ua judgement day, and al those hittin tha embassy gates ths year- neva be worried, tha best part has already occured, da remainin is VICTORY.. al da best, en kipeth prayerful.. GUDLUCK--
Thank you Sossa2014, all I need are the prayers now.

How long does it take for the passports to reach the DHL point in Nairobi after a successful DV interview??????????????
Members do not ignore my question, I need to plan accordingly just in case am issued a visa, some one please answer my question above:confused:

hallo mates hope your all doin great i want to wish those going for their interviews this month an early success ,guys its the lord who gave us this opportunity and its good we keep thanking him daily and we should pray for more miracles in this thread ,woow this is really ours to take to family godia and those who are not on this thread THE LORD BE WITH you during you interview time,remember GOD loves you

Todays devotion

2 SAMUEL 33-34
It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer he causes me to stand on the height

Remember God loves you ,be blessed

Amen...God be with you this day

hello brothers and sisters anybody that project when my number is likely to fall current going by the trends of the previous years? Thanks for the help in advance.
Visit the link below and fill in your information in the last column of the 2014 selectees spreadsheet , then I will put you in the right position afterwards and you get to know the month when your interview will be.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Members do not ignore my question, I need to plan accordingly just in case am issued a visa, some one please answer my question above:confused:

If I understand ur question , u are asking how long it will take when then send ur pasport from nairobi ambassy to ur own adress ? If so take about 2 days if u reside in kenya, or about a week if u reside out of kenya may be less depense if it clashes with a weekend...

If I understand ur question , u are asking how long it will take when then send ur pasport from nairobi ambassy to ur own adress ? If so take about 2 days if u reside in kenya, or about a week if u reside out of kenya may be less depense if it clashes with a weekend...
DHL will take 2 to 3 days to reach you

So do people only receive 2nd nl on Fridays?al asking that because that was the case with family,Godia,Nairobba....

It takes 3-4 days but it depends. If you do your interview on monday by friday its ready if you do it on friday then you get it on wed.

...from having 9wks and all the time in the world; I now have LESS THAN A MONTH!!!. I have soo much to do ;can't be accomplished within A MONTH!!!...Suddenly my keyboard isn't working, am hungry, I can't sit down, my feet are sweating, I'm panting, I can't focus at work, I have a sudden 'bout of ADD, the phone rings I LITERALLY JUMP!!!....guys please be checking up on me I may succumb to High Blood Pressure or organ failure or nervous breakdown or panic attack. guys guys;If a day goes by and I haven't blogged a thing, CALL THE COPS!!or my mum...

Just take a piece of paper write down a time line of things needed to be done before your interview/medicals. Stick it on your fridge or the back of your bedroom door, cross out an item as you complete the task. My prayers are with you, you will not succumb to High Blood Pressure, organ failure or nervous breakdown. All shall be well with you, God willing we will meet in Atlanta "the city in a forest".

hey ~POSE..

Do police certs expire withn 6months or 1 year.. to me i knoe its afta an year.. someone correct me pls, i took mine on SEPTEMBER and i may be current in MAY next year.. !! i did ths to avoid tha rush on da last days..

Hello Sossa,

police certificates a valid for 6 months. So if you are in Kenya and your interview is in Nairobi, then you MUST have a police certificate that is not more than 6 months. Also remember your visa validity period will be based on among other things the police certificate period of validity. So if you go for your interview with 1 month left for the police certificate to expire, then you will need to travel with-in that period. You need to get the Police certificates about a month from your interview date. That way when you go for your interview and get the visa you can still wait in Kenya and travel after 4months and your Police Certificate will still be valid for traveling to the U.S.
If at one time you lived in a foreign country say Uganda and you get a Police Certificate from Uganda, then that one is valid for 1 year provided you don't ever return to Uganda with-in that year.

I hope this helps...

FINAL DAY AT THE MEDICAL CENTRE!!!!

Guys today we just went and were called in by the nurse before going to see the doc....the physical check was kinda embarrasing a female Nurse telling me to get to my boxers was kinda uncomfortable..all in all everything went well results were all negative...though av seen quite a number of guys being told to repeat the Xray one guy was told to pay 7K for two months treatment guess TB or something....now heading back to my base paper chasing has to go on coz I got less than two weeks before the day.

Also yesterday met afew Dv winners two ladies from Kisii in particular told me that they will not go to KNEC for results confirmation to them its not relevant and they avnt seen the requirement anywhere tried to explain to them and even told them to visit the US Embassy nairobi webage but they were not willing...so I played my part if they go and end up being put on AP they will remember my sentiments...KNEC told me that it takes five days for them to deliver the results to the Consulate. Skache I didn't go for any vaccination prior to the IOM just went with the clinic card that I used when I was a kid..just remember that if you have had chicken pox tell them so that u spare the pain of spending more cash and the ainful vaccine....I thank God for bringing us all this far and I ray for the brothers and sisters who are still waiting for the 2nl and medicals. Best luck to all and once again I apreciate forumnites for the rich info that we guys share its sure great to be well informed.

Glory be to God...one more stage and you're done

Thank you so much comrade, we shall meet in K'la so that you get the live version of the experience irrespective of the out come

I hope I can be part of that meeting when you get back although I could be going back to Zambia on 22nd November and get back on 23rd Dec and by then you could already be in the USA

i sent them several mails initialy but they will take ten working days to reply.i had sent my documents in june, i gave them a call in mid september the told me they were still working on forms received by first july and mine were received on 8th july am yet to call them so far no mail from them

Aleki...patience my friend...they work on forms on a first come first time basis. They will eventually get back to you. My suggestion is go about your business and contact them 4 weeks from this date.

I hope this helps.

So do people only receive 2nd nl on Fridays?al asking that because that was the case with family,Godia,Nairobba....

exactly what i wanted to tell you partitas...hang in there until friday, then share your good news. I don't think that is always the case tho, anyways I'll be waiting for that good news come friday. In Jesus' Holy Name..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just take a piece of paper write down a time line of things needed to be done before your interview/medicals. Stick it on your fridge or the back of your bedroom door, cross out an item as you complete the task. My prayers are with you, you will not succumb to High Blood Pressure, organ failure or nervous breakdown. All shall be well with you, God willing we will meet in Atlanta "the city in a forest".

haha tell 'em utamaduni. but i'll be good. my main worry wasn't preparation for the interview, I have everything I need for the interview. It's more of a work thing, getting myself ready to be competent in my industry but in a 1st world setting. Hope by God's grace by the time u r coming to the A I'll have settled, I'll have a small "Welcome to the A" party for you.hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.