• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
so sweet from the Partitas and the husband, its great to read your experience, i am waiting for the day i will go for my medicals, best of luck for interview and don't worry, you will be the winner
Thank you Mushy, trust in the Lord, it will also go well with you. Yes Partitas deserves a credit.

This could be helpful. It's from the Us Embassy Facebook wall:

Henry Ngugi
2. Emphasis is placed on winners having the required kenyan high school certification. How does it work for winners from outside Kenya with non-kenyan certification, is it measured equivalent to Kenya or taken at the certificate face value?

U.S. Embassy Nairobi

For Uganda, you must have the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) A-level certificate with a minimum of one principal pass and one secondary pass out of four total subject exams.
This is too bad for me who has a certificate instead of A-Level, I thought that the basic was O-Level for Ugandans bcs even the interview experience for a Uganda who did the interview on 17th Oct 2013 that Kiag10 posted, it looks like they asked for O-Level certificate. This is confusing.

Obtained my Avidaffit of support from the host and Police clearance in the process. I am chasing this visa application to conclusion

This could be helpful. It's from the Us Embassy Facebook wall:

Henry Ngugi
2. Emphasis is placed on winners having the required kenyan high school certification. How does it work for winners from outside Kenya with non-kenyan certification, is it measured equivalent to Kenya or taken at the certificate face value?

U.S. Embassy Nairobi
For Kenya, you must have passed the Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a
minimum average score of D – (Minus). For pre-1986, the Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) score must be a minimum of Division IV.

For Burundi, you must have a Diploma D’Etat or Diploma A2.

For Eritrea, you must have a minimum of five D grades on the Eritrean Secondary Education Certificate.

For Mauritius, you must have a passing credit (Grade 6 or above) in English on the Cambridge School Certificate (SC), plus the O-level certificate with a minimum Grade 6 in four other subjects.

For Rwanda, you must have a minimum of 13 points on the A2 diploma, or Advanced General Certificate of Secondary Education (AGCSE). For pre-2008 graduates, a minimum score of 1.5 is required on the Diploma of Secondary Education.
For Uganda, you must have the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) A-level certificate with a minimum of one principal pass and one secondary pass out of four total subject exams.

I havent been familiar with this chat on face book but whoever is familiar and is of this family help me ask this question for me on Monday chat
'Do you accept the equivalent of the Uganda advanced certificate of education(UACE)
i.e 3passes at O - level and a certificate from a recognized institution'

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad for Ugandans the minimum qualification has been O-Level but now its A-Level?????????????????/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marriage cert

Thank you JONGE, but remember in the initial application of 2012, we applied as married. This is even before we were selected for further processing. All we have are just photos, and affidavit of support. Will these be enough?

Hi Kenapol,

do you have any documentary proof of your customary marriage? Is customary marriage recognized in Kenya? How does one prove they are married under customary law? Why did it take you that long to legalize the customary marriage? The problem is that you registered your marriage in July 2013 after the results of the DV selection were released. This can be interpreted negatively. Unless you can get some documentary proof that you have been married since 2010, it is going to be extremely difficult for you to convince the counselor. Just think about it for a minute...you say you have been married since 2010 but only get to legalize it in July 2013...I would suggest you get any documentary proof to back your customary marriage of 2010.

But we managed to get a marriage certificate dated july 2013 and on there conditions stating MARRIED UNDER CUSTOMERY LAW IN 2010. we also have an affidavit supporting that we customarily got married in 2010 and legalized in 2013

Hi Kenapol,

do you have any documentary proof of your customary marriage? Is customary marriage recognized in Kenya? How does one prove they are married under customary law? Why did it take you that long to legalize the customary marriage? The problem is that you registered your marriage in July 2013 after the results of the DV selection were released. This can be interpreted negatively. Unless you can get some documentary proof that you have been married since 2010, it is going to be extremely difficult for you to convince the counselor. Just think about it for a minute...you say you have been married since 2010 but only get to legalize it in July 2013...I would suggest you get any documentary proof to back your customary marriage of 2010.

My understanding is that a customary marriage can be accepted if the marriage is performed in a locality (country) that recognises such marriages in civil law. However, what you seem to be saying is that you performed a customary marriage in 2010 and did not get any paperwork about the marriage until 2013. If the marriage certificate does not refer to the 2010 date (or a date prior to your eDV entry) then I would say that is a problem. I'm not sure that problem can be overcome, but can you show any other dated documentation about the wedding in 2010??[/QUOT
thank you britsimon...that is assuring. On the marriage cert , there is a section written condition, in which it is indicated that we were married under customary law in 2010. Plus there is an affidavit of support to this effect....do I have any reason to worry?

Thank you very much for the in depth info, I have actually learnt a lot about the process from your post, Thank you once again i pray that the lord blesses you and gives you victory:):):)

My family and I (2kids n 2 adults) left Kampala at 5 in the evening of Monday 21st 2013, we reached Nairobi Accra street at 6am in the morning , we used MASH VIP since we had kids(If you are travelling to Kenya from Uganda with kids use mash bus and book vip or executive). Using the map we had, we proceeded to the Hotel Partitas had advised us to use after her survey, we checked in , changed and proceeded to Koja stage to find taxis to Gigiri. From this point, we used the map Guriix provided to us thus reaching IOM Gigiri safely.
day 1. 22nd Oct 2013
We arrived at IOM at around 7:30am for an appointment of 8:30am, went through the security check. We then proceeded to the reception, here they asked for our passports and the 2nd nl.we were then told to wait,, at 8am, were called and a lady at the reception used a digital camera to take a passport photo of each of us, again we were told to go back and wait.
At around 8:30am,every one who was doing medicals day one was called for a counseling session(counseled all together as a gr9up) ,after, some were told to go for X-Ray n others for blood sample collection, us we went to the lab where they asked for the 2nd nl and a passport photo and the passports, for adults, one vacutainer of blood was taken from each, for the kid who is over 3.5 years a TB skin test injection was given to him on the hand.
We then proceeded for X-Ray here they asked for a passport photo,2nd nl and passports, after handing them over, were told to wait, the wife had taken photos when the hair was covering part of her fore head and so the photo was rejected, she told us that she will not forward the file to the Dr til we bring the appropriate photo, non the less, the X-Ray was taken, I advice women to go in trousers on medical day one. After the X -Ray, we went to the vaccination room and handed over our vaccination certificates, the lady based on these to quote for us the following vaccines to be taken on medical day 2.
My self, 3 jabs (Tdap, MMR and Influenza
Wife, same as mine
kid of 3.5 years 4jabs (DTaP, MMR, pneumococcal, influenza)
Kid of 1.5 years 6jabs(influenza,pneumococcal,varicella,hepatitis A,MMR,tetraxin)
This was a total of 16 vaccines which means a lot of money to pay(what to do?!!!!!) our total amount was 93,009KSh(basic pay and the vaccines). We proceeded to the village market for payments in commercial Bank of AFrica and also to take the passport photo.At the village market we only had the photos taken but we did not have the Kenyan currency so we went back to IOM and handed in the photos and we proceeded to town.Our 2nd day was scheduled for Thursday 24th so Wed was a relaxation day at the hotel.
WEDNESDAY
On Wednesday, we met Partitas and the husband, these people were our heroes, I can not express the warm hospitality they rendered to us, indeed we felt at home and cared for the time we spent in the hands of these people, may the Lord bless this family. They took us around the city and showed us CBA bank where we paid for the medicals and they also showed us where to buy kenyan currency bcs there are a n
No of pple who sell fake notes, from the bank they took us for lunch and that was our day.

day 2. 24th Oct 2013

We were scheduled for 8am sharp, we reached IOM at 8am but this time we were never checked, we were just given a tag for revisit. We handed in our appointment letter for that day and the receipts from the bank, we handed over the receipts to the cashier. At around 830am, a nurse came and read out files which included ours, he took us and did the baseline checks i.e, checked the height, weight, eye sight, blood pressure and medical history questions.
After this, our file was taken to the Doctor who called us one by one after a long wait. She told us that all our tests were negative, handed us the CDs which have the Xray results and said that we shall carry them to US in case we are granted visas. Each of us was told to strip up to the under pant, the checked the ears , nose, throat, dental, legs, stomach, listened to the chest and examined the stomach, the Dr is a SHE and am a man so stripping up to under pant in the presence of a woman who is not my wife was a challenge to me(what to do??!!!).
After the Dr, we went for the jabs, the Doctor realized that the 6th vaccine for the young kid was not necessary so she commanded for a refund processing but we never followed up since its a long process.
By 2 pm we were through.
We headed to town and booked a bus back to kla, left Nairobi on Thurs 8pm seen off by Partitas and we reached kla on Friday 9am.
Once again I thank Partitas and the husband plus Guriix, Nairobi would have been menace to us. I also thank you the forum family for your prayers and support esp Godia, Skache and Jorj who were willing to help but reside far away from Nairobi.
We are now waiting for the D - Day 20th Nov to get the final results from the CO.

Hallo Njer you are not too late to post your forms...go through thread 2013 or 2012..someone realized they had won the dv lottery 9 months later. They sent their docs and now they are a success story!! God has opened a door for you with the D- cut off. It may simply mean that your interview date may be mid next year later than people in your cn category...!!! you will be a success as well, .....God bless!!!!:):):):)

Am a DV 2014 winner my case number is DV2014AF000017*** n have not sent back the forms coz I was worrying about my KCSE grade which is C- (Minus) now that they have reduced to D- (Minus) do I have a chance to send them or ma late. Pliz forumates advice.

Too bad for Ugandans the minimum qualification has been O-Level but now its A-Level?????????????????/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Family2133,

I also saw this on the Facebook page also. However KalaUG shared a friend's experience which showed O' Level. I have a feeling the change might be a requirement for 2015.

Thank you JONGE, but remember in the initial application of 2012, we applied as married. This is even before we were selected for further processing. All we have are just photos, and affidavit of support. Will these be enough?

So if I understand you well...when you were applying for the DV in 2012 you included her as your wife? Then you will need photo's/video's of the function lots of them, you will also need to have any other documentation that shows you have been together since then i.e bank records, title deeds e.t.c. I hope this helps.

Thanks JONGE for joining me in thanking Partitas, she deserves that credit.

dont let this bring you down my bro,of from the interview expirience posted recently they asked for O level cert lets trust it's still the same,furthermore I don't think they would lower Kenyas grades and raise Uganda's,the visa is still yours you have taken 80% of this journey do not give up at the finishing line.

hallow house of winneSr in Gods name i believe you are all well .My sister njeri before you send your forms to KCC kindky go through them and ask any question you think that is giving you a hard time ,and those fellow Kenyans who had not sent their form because of the GRADE thing all is well and i believe its the CO who will determine our fate, one should always fail trying but not trying to fail , their is a reason why we were selected and kindly don't let the chance slip ! when we applied for DV 2014 we all believed that we will win ,lucky enough you & i won so fellow mates we should continue with the same spirit ! to our daily Monday prayer

Our daily monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and Amen
Remember God loves you !

thanks akelloh for the daily prayer....and morning to all forum mates...have a fulfilling week....
hallow house of winneSr in Gods name i believe you are all well .My sister njeri before you send your forms to KCC kindky go through them and ask any question you think that is giving you a hard time ,and those fellow Kenyans who had not sent their form because of the GRADE thing all is well and i believe its the CO who will determine our fate, one should always fail trying but not trying to fail , their is a reason why we were selected and kindly don't let the chance slip ! when we applied for DV 2014 we all believed that we will win ,lucky enough you & i won so fellow mates we should continue with the same spirit ! to our daily Monday prayer

Our daily monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and Amen
Remember God loves you !

Originally Posted by U.S. Embassy Nairobi
2 minutes ago ·
Good morning! Today we will give you yet another chance to ask questions on Diversity Visas. Please join us from 2-3:00PM for another #FaceboookChat. Please post your questions then.

PLEASE DON'T MISS, especially familly

Status
Not open for further replies.