• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks jorj and jonge for the reply, i am weary at times the CO can dismiss your case on a small technicality. from what i have read, passports and birthcerts are very important. About the marriage: no he was not on the initial entry because we were engaged but not married yet. the wedding had been planned months before also we got married before the 2014 results were out in any case. we can obtain nearly three years of emails, txt messages, financial transactions, call logs, pictures etc. so we dnt think that will be a problem.

You're welcome Emmy10. Make sure all that proof is with you when you go for the interview just in-case they ask for it. Also make sure you send a copy of the marriage certificate with the DS Forms to KCC.

Morning mates hope your all ok,in this journey we are guided by the blood of Jesus Christ .I believe we will all be victorious

Today devotion
Philippians 4;6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Remember GOD loves you

Amen and i claim it in Jesus Name
Thanks so much Akelloh for this wonderful message. so touching and comforting.

In Kenya, we evaluate this standard before the start of every DV season. This year, the DV2014 minimum standard for completion of high school is defined as obtaining a D- (minus) or better on the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
That was relief for me jorj when they answered that with my c minus am well qualified!hope Beth02 got to know about this!

hallo guys...u been a bit quiet...whats up?I would like to know this issue of vaccinations..coz i dont have any records...seen a thread in 2013 about going to city hall..to get the vaccinations..does that mean the same shots can be done at IOM on the 1st or 2nd day of appointment?please need feedback on this..Sum1,nrits,jorj,jonge,akelloh...?

hi everyone kinda new here.wats is the kcse grade requirement for dv 2015?

Hey, welcome.
No one is really sure about KCSE grades for 2015 selectees,
We've come to realize that Us Embassy Nairobi evaluate KCSE grades each year. Dv2012 and Dv2013 it was a C plain, Dv2014 it is a D minus, Dv2015 no one is sure about that.
All the best.

hi..guys..guys...u will have to please bear with questions from me at this critical time...first,is it OK if I take some vaccinations at stations other than IOM?and its cheaper by how much..because of time facto one may use trying to save and then end up running costs with time taken??at what time is the yellow fever taken?

No you can't. The only accepted places by the embassy for the medicals are mombasa and nairobi. Read the Facebook chat from yesterday, someone asked about it.

FAMILY2133 MEDICAL EXAMINATION EXPERIENCE 22nd- 24th 2013.( Ugandan Experience)

My family and I will be doing the medicals on Tuesday 22nd Oct 2013. Pray for me Akelloh and everyone. Thanks
Nairobi, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My family and I (2kids n 2 adults) left Kampala at 5 in the evening of Monday 21st 2013, we reached Nairobi Accra street at 6am in the morning , we used MASH VIP since we had kids(If you are travelling to Kenya from Uganda with kids use mash bus and book vip or executive). Using the map we had, we proceeded to the Hotel Partitas had advised us to use after her survey, we checked in , changed and proceeded to Koja stage to find taxis to Gigiri. From this point, we used the map Guriix provided to us thus reaching IOM Gigiri safely.
day 1. 22nd Oct 2013
We arrived at IOM at around 7:30am for an appointment of 8:30am, went through the security check. We then proceeded to the reception, here they asked for our passports and the 2nd nl.we were then told to wait,, at 8am, were called and a lady at the reception used a digital camera to take a passport photo of each of us, again we were told to go back and wait.
At around 8:30am,every one who was doing medicals day one was called for a counseling session(counseled all together as a gr9up) ,after, some were told to go for X-Ray n others for blood sample collection, us we went to the lab where they asked for the 2nd nl and a passport photo and the passports, for adults, one vacutainer of blood was taken from each, for the kid who is over 3.5 years a TB skin test injection was given to him on the hand.
We then proceeded for X-Ray here they asked for a passport photo,2nd nl and passports, after handing them over, were told to wait, the wife had taken photos when the hair was covering part of her fore head and so the photo was rejected, she told us that she will not forward the file to the Dr til we bring the appropriate photo, non the less, the X-Ray was taken, I advice women to go in trousers on medical day one. After the X -Ray, we went to the vaccination room and handed over our vaccination certificates, the lady based on these to quote for us the following vaccines to be taken on medical day 2.
My self, 3 jabs (Tdap, MMR and Influenza
Wife, same as mine
kid of 3.5 years 4jabs (DTaP, MMR, pneumococcal, influenza)
Kid of 1.5 years 6jabs(influenza,pneumococcal,varicella,hepatitis A,MMR,tetraxin)
This was a total of 16 vaccines which means a lot of money to pay(what to do?!!!!!) our total amount was 93,009KSh(basic pay and the vaccines). We proceeded to the village market for payments in commercial Bank of AFrica and also to take the passport photo.At the village market we only had the photos taken but we did not have the Kenyan currency so we went back to IOM and handed in the photos and we proceeded to town.Our 2nd day was scheduled for Thursday 24th so Wed was a relaxation day at the hotel.
WEDNESDAY
On Wednesday, we met Partitas and the husband, these people were our heroes, I can not express the warm hospitality they rendered to us, indeed we felt at home and cared for the time we spent in the hands of these people, may the Lord bless this family. They took us around the city and showed us CBA bank where we paid for the medicals and they also showed us where to buy kenyan currency bcs there are a n
No of pple who sell fake notes, from the bank they took us for lunch and that was our day.

day 2. 24th Oct 2013

We were scheduled for 8am sharp, we reached IOM at 8am but this time we were never checked, we were just given a tag for revisit. We handed in our appointment letter for that day and the receipts from the bank, we handed over the receipts to the cashier. At around 830am, a nurse came and read out files which included ours, he took us and did the baseline checks i.e, checked the height, weight, eye sight, blood pressure and medical history questions.
After this, our file was taken to the Doctor who called us one by one after a long wait. She told us that all our tests were negative, handed us the CDs which have the Xray results and said that we shall carry them to US in case we are granted visas. Each of us was told to strip up to the under pant, the checked the ears , nose, throat, dental, legs, stomach, listened to the chest and examined the stomach, the Dr is a SHE and am a man so stripping up to under pant in the presence of a woman who is not my wife was a challenge to me(what to do??!!!).
After the Dr, we went for the jabs, the Doctor realized that the 6th vaccine for the young kid was not necessary so she commanded for a refund processing but we never followed up since its a long process.
By 2 pm we were through.
We headed to town and booked a bus back to kla, left Nairobi on Thurs 8pm seen off by Partitas and we reached kla on Friday 9am.
Once again I thank Partitas and the husband plus Guriix, Nairobi would have been menace to us. I also thank you the forum family for your prayers and support esp Godia, Skache and Jorj who were willing to help but reside far away from Nairobi.
We are now waiting for the D - Day 20th Nov to get the final results from the CO.

Last edited by a moderator:
My family and I (2kids n 2 adults) left Kampala at 5 in the evening of Monday 21st 2013, we reached Nairobi Accra street at 6am in the morning , we used MASH VIP since we had kids(If you are travelling to Kenya from Uganda with kids use mash bus and book vip or executive). Using the map we had, we proceeded to the Hotel Partitas had advised us to use after her survey, we checked in , changed and proceeded to Koja stage to find taxis to Gigiri. From this point, we used the map Guriix provided to us thus reaching IOM Gigiri safely.
day 1. 22nd Oct 2013
We arrived at IOM at around 7:30am for an appointment of 8:30am, went through the security check. We then proceeded to the reception, here they asked for our passports and the 2nd nl.we were then told to wait,, at 8am, were called and a lady at the reception used a digital camera to take a passport photo of each of us, again we were told to go back and wait.
At around 8:30am,every one who was doing medicals day one was called for a counseling session(counseled all together as a gr9up) ,after, some were told to go for X-Ray n others for blood sample collection, us we went to the lab where they asked for the 2nd nl and a passport photo and the passports, for adults, one vacutainer of blood was taken from each, for the kid who is over 3.5 years a TB skin test injection was given to him on the hand.
We then proceeded for X-Ray here they asked for a passport photo,2nd nl and passports, after handing them over, were told to wait, the wife had taken photos when the hair was covering part of her fore head and so the photo was rejected, she told us that she will not forward the file to the Dr til we bring the appropriate photo, non the less, the X-Ray was taken, I advice women to go in trousers on medical day one. After the X -Ray, we went to the vaccination room and handed over our vaccination certificates, the lady based on these to quote for us the following vaccines to be taken on medical day 2.
Wife, same as mine
Kid of 1.5 years 6jabs(influenza,pneumococcal,varicella,hepatitis A,MMR,tetraxin)
This was a total of 16 vaccines which means a lot of money to pay(what to do?!!!!!) our total amount was 93,009KSh(basic pay and the vaccines). We proceeded to the village market for payments in commercial Bank of AFrica and also to take the passport photo.At the village market we only had the photos taken but we did not have the Kenyan currency so we went back to IOM and handed in the photos and we proceeded to town.Our 2nd day was scheduled for Thursday 24th so Wed was a relaxation day at the hotel.
WEDNESDAY
On Wednesday, we met Partitas and the husband, these people were our heroes, I can not express the warm hospitality they rendered to us, indeed we felt at home and cared for the time we spent in the hands of these people, may the Lord bless this family. They took us around the city and showed us CBA bank where we paid for the medicals and they also showed us where to buy kenyan currency bcs there are a n
No of pple who sell fake notes, from the bank they took us for lunch and that was our day.

day 2. 24th Oct 2013

We were scheduled for 8am sharp, we reached IOM at 8am but this time we were never checked, we were just given a tag for revisit. We handed in our appointment letter for that day and the receipts from the bank, we handed over the receipts to the cashier. At around 830am, a nurse came and read out files which included ours, he took us and did the baseline checks i.e, checked the height, weight, eye sight, blood pressure and medical history questions.
After this, our file was taken to the Doctor who called us one by one after a long wait. She told us that all our tests were negative, handed us the CDs which have the Xray results and said that we shall carry them to US in case we are granted visas. Each of us was told to strip up to the under pant, the checked the ears , nose, throat, dental, legs, stomach, listened to the chest and examined the stomach, the Dr is a SHE and am a man so stripping up to under pant in the presence of a woman who is not my wife was a challenge to me(what to do??!!!).
After the Dr, we went for the jabs, the Doctor realized that the 6th vaccine for the young kid was not necessary so she commanded for a refund processing but we never followed up since its a long process.
By 2 pm we were through.
We headed to town and booked a bus back to kla, left Nairobi on Thurs 8pm seen off by Partitas and we reached kla on Friday 9am.
Once again I thank Partitas and the husband plus Guriix, Nairobi would have been menace to us. I also thank you the forum family for your prayers and support esp Godia, Skache and Jorj who were willing to help but reside far away from Nairobi.
We are now waiting for the D - Day 20th Nov to get the final results from the CO.
congrats family...that's the way to go...could u give the amount for one adult?this would be really helpful for planning ...thanks for the update and congrats again

I know I promised to give a brief about the interview; these are the questions that she was asked:

After swearing to say the truth....

CO: Are you married?
Her:No
CO: Are you married? (this was asked about 4 more times)
Her: No (stuck to her answer)
CO: Are these your children?
Her: Yes
CO: How did you get the first one?
Her: During school time
CO: And the second?
Her: When he came to visit the first one
CO: Is the father OK with you taking them with you?
Her: Yes (and starts pulling out the documentation for that...)
CO: (looks at it and hands it back to her) Your O level certificate please
Her: Hands over the document
CO: Seems OK; congratulations.... blah blah blah
She was then told to register with DHL.

Of course it's more elaborate if the real person is narrating but all in all, they simply asked about her marital status and her children; period!
Ask this friend whether they asked for a police certificate accompanied by a copy of finger prints, bcs I was at interpol todayand they told me that they do not provide a copy of finger prints, they only provide the C.O.G.C whreas I read some where that that the embassy acually needs this copy. Open to others for discussion

ohhh ok; actually i am burundian but has studied in INDIA for 4 years. so wat are my options. is that mean that i will not provide any police certificate from india?? actually i came back to burundi couple months ago

you should contact INDIAN EMBASSY in Burundi for medical certificate. i know this coz i am an Indian citizen living in Kenya

congrats family...that's the way to go...could u give the amount for one adult?this would be really helpful for planning ...thanks for the update and congrats again
The basic pay for an adult is 138 dollars, then after that any additional amount depends on how many vaccines you aregoing to get the more vaccines the more money. If they ask whether you have ever suffered from chicken pox u say yes and save your self from varicera vaccine which is expensive and painful. Below are the current prices in dollahs for some major vaccines at IOM
Hepatitis A -48
Varicella 54
Influenza 28
MMR 26
Dultravax-d.T combi - 32
PCV-pneumococcal 70 ( ugandans take your children below 5 years for this vaccine in govt health facilities, its there free where as its expensive at IOM, me I paid 140$ dollahs for the two kids, can u imagine).
Tetraxin - Dtap+Hib - 33
I paid for one adult 86$ (for vaccines)+138$ (basic pay)=????????

day 1. 22nd Oct 2013
Wife, same as mine
WEDNESDAY

day 2. 24th Oct 2013

By 2 pm we were through.

so sweet from the Partitas and the husband, its great to read your experience, i am waiting for the day i will go for my medicals, best of luck for interview and don't worry, you will be the winner

Thank God everything worked out for you! I remember how worried you were initially!
day 1. 22nd Oct 2013
Wife, same as mine
WEDNESDAY

day 2. 24th Oct 2013

By 2 pm we were through.

Marriage cert

hi people. i have issues with ma marriage cert. we applied us married and indicated married in 2010 as we did under customary laws. Our certificate reads married in 2013 july coz thats the date we went to legalize it. Will we have problems coz our interview is set for Dec 5th. Please anybody to advise

day 1. 22nd Oct 2013
Wife, same as mine
WEDNESDAY

day 2. 24th Oct 2013

By 2 pm we were through.

Amen

day 1. 22nd Oct 2013
Wife, same as mine
WEDNESDAY

day 2. 24th Oct 2013

By 2 pm we were through.

Amen

hi people. i have issues with ma marriage cert. we applied us married and indicated married in 2010 as we did under customary laws. Our certificate reads married in 2013 july coz thats the date we went to legalize it. Will we have problems coz our interview is set for Dec 5th. Please anybody to advise

My understanding is that a customary marriage can be accepted if the marriage is performed in a locality (country) that recognises such marriages in civil law. However, what you seem to be saying is that you performed a customary marriage in 2010 and did not get any paperwork about the marriage until 2013. If the marriage certificate does not refer to the 2010 date (or a date prior to your eDV entry) then I would say that is a problem. I'm not sure that problem can be overcome, but can you show any other dated documentation about the wedding in 2010??

Hey, welcome.
No one is really sure about KCSE grades for 2015 selectees,
We've come to realize that Us Embassy Nairobi evaluate KCSE grades each year. Dv2012 and Dv2013 it was a C plain, Dv2014 it is a D minus, Dv2015 no one is sure about that.
All the best.

Are you sure that for DV 2014 the KCSE grade is a D minus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.