• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

Thats true gh50, Notez should be current already if his CN is in the 7000s. So he'll probably receive his 2nl letter after the next visa bulletin if he has not yet received one. Same goes to Olelenku...

Thanks guys.
My CN is in the 7000s and will be current in Nov. However I sent my DS forms late and so my 2nl will also be late. Thanks for correcting me about the AP... I meant AS. So guys, how early should I come. I have read from earlier posts that 2 weeks is enough for KNEC, how about medicals and police?

BTW, Notez is a she.... lol

He that dwells in the shelter of the Most High, shall rest in the shadow of the Almighty!

Immigrants to the United States

Current/non-current: There are numerical limits on the number of immigrant visas that can be granted to aliens from any one foreign country. The limit is based on place of birth, not citizenship. Because of the numerical limits, this means there is a waiting time before the immigrant visa can be granted. The terms current/non-current refer to the priority date of a petition in preference immigrant visa cases in relationship to the immigrant cut-off date. If your priority date is before than the cut-off date according to the monthly Visa Bulletin, your case is current. This means your immigrant visa case can now be processed. However, if your priority date is later/comes after the cut-off date, you will need to wait longer, until your priority date is reached (becomes current). To find out whether a preference case is current, see the Visa Bulletin or telephone (202) 663-1541.

Immediate relative immigrant visa cases do not have country numerical limits, with waiting times as a result of the country limits. The terms priority date, cut-off date and current/non-current does not apply for immediate relative cases.

Cut-off Date: The date that determines whether a preference immigrant visa applicant can be scheduled for an immigrant visa interview in any given month. When “C” (meaning Current) is listed instead of a specific date, that means all priority dates are eligible for processing. The cut-off date is the priority date of the first applicant who could not be scheduled for a visa interview for a given month. Applicants with a priority date earlier than the cut-off date can be scheduled. However, if your priority date is on or later than the cut-off date, you will need to wait until your priority date is reached (becomes current). To find out whether a preference case can be scheduled, see the Visa Bulletin or telephone (202) 663-1541.

Thanks guys.
My CN is in the 7000s and will be current in Nov. However I sent my DS forms late and so my 2nl will also be late. Thanks for correcting me about the AP... I meant AS. So guys, how early should I come. I have read from earlier posts that 2 weeks is enough for KNEC, how about medicals and police?

BTW, Notez is a she.... lol

He that dwells in the shelter of the Most High, shall rest in the shadow of the Almighty!

Thank you for tellin' us your gender, It helps us to differentiate and to help us address you accordingly ;)
On the other matter now, It's true KNEC can do that in 2 wks,
However on the other hand a police clearance takes about a Month or so to be processed(Depending on the area that you come from :( )
I "heard" that to do the medicals it Normally takes 2 working days at IOM Nairobi, but Medicals can take alittle bit more time if IOM detects some issues with your health(God Forbid). They'll actually require more time to ascertain.
3-2 mnths prior to the interview date si mbaaaya. Take care of this things early to avoid rescheduling or last minute rush.

Glad to help where I can. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hallo gurus and newbiz hope u r doing great ! Nairoba i got the namba from kcc i made a call to them ,olelenku u will b current with the next bulletin ,waitin anxiously for your interview experience ! To the new member welcome to the 2014 family and sucess to all of you!

Today devotion
Proverbs 3;5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

yeah akelloh thanks, I just checked the visa bulletin...
Now just waiting for the 2NL and we can get this party started. ;)

Today devotion
Proverbs 3;5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Thank you Bro for today's devotion.
Amen to that,

Interview

hallo gurus and newbiz hope u r doing great ! Nairoba i got the namba from kcc i made a call to them ,olelenku u will b current with the next bulletin ,waitin anxiously for your interview experience ! To the new member welcome to the 2014 family and sucess to all of you!

Today devotion
Proverbs 3;5-6

Thanks Akelloh...with the strength of your prayers ..I hope to clear this obstacle IJN.....well,have not checked the VB if its out but am yet to receive my 2NL....

Thank you for tellin' us your gender, It helps us to differentiate and to help us address you accordingly ;)
On the other matter now, It's true KNEC can do that in 2 wks,
However on the other hand a police clearance takes about a Month or so to be processed(Depending on the area that you come from :( )
I "heard" that to do the medicals it Normally takes 2 working days at IOM Nairobi, but Medicals can take alittle bit more time if IOM detects some issues with your health(God Forbid). They'll actually require more time to ascertain.
3-2 mnths prior to the interview date si mbaaaya. Take care of this things early to avoid rescheduling or last minute rush.

Glad to help where I can. ;)

Thank you Jorj.
I understand your point about being early is best. I will see what I can do. I wonder if police clearences in Nairobi take long.
Anyway....I will do want I can and leave the rest to God. Nothing is impossible with Him.

Thanks again.

Today devotion
Proverbs 3;5-6

Very nice scripture. Gives me rest in all of life's challenges.

just seen visa bulletin and now total 62229 people are current out of 140k so how many left for rest 10 months??? 78000 and its not a big deal so whoever has high case number should not be worried and start focusing on further processing

just seen visa bulletin and now total 62229 people are current out of 140k so how many left for rest 10 months??? 78000 and its not a big deal so whoever has high case number should not be worried and start focusing on further processing

All I can see is that for Dec. the cut off for rest of Africa is 17,900. whatever you mean by 62229 is best known to yourself

Thank you Jorj.
I understand your point about being early is best. I will see what I can do. I wonder if police clearences in Nairobi take long.
Anyway....I will do want I can and leave the rest to God. Nothing is impossible with Him.

Thanks again.

If you go to the CID headquarters, you will have your police clearance in a week! In case of an emergency (of course with proof) in which case your 2NL will suffice, you can get it in less than a week.

Hi Family2133,

you're so silent...when do you go for your medical to Nairobi?
Man I have been so busy and up country but I have been following whatever was happening on the forum, I have been one of the guests.
I got a mail from IOM that my medical appointment was shifted from 21st to 22nd bcs 21st is a public holiday in Kenya, so I will be doing my medicals on the 22nd, I will keep you posted. Are u back from Zambia?

UPDATES FROM 2014 SPREADSHEET
Dannyden DV2014AF00003***BurundiOctober 2013Current
Beth02DV2014AF00008***KenyaNov 2013Current
PartitasDV2014AF00009xxxKenyaNov 2013Current
GodiaDV2014AF00011***KenyaNov 2013Current
Family2133DV2014AF00011***UgandaNov 2013Current
ooadeniyi DV2014AF00008***NigeriaDec 2013Current
samolaniyi DV2014AF00008***KenyaDec 2013Current
Olelenku DV2014AF00012***KenyaDec 2013Current
NairobbaDV2014AF00017***KenyaDec 2013Current
[td]NAME[/td]
[td]CASE NUMBER[/td]
[td]COUNTRY[/td]
[td]DATE INTERVIEW EXPECTED[/td]
[td]STATUS[/td]

All I can see is that for Dec. the cut off for rest of Africa is 17,900. whatever you mean by 62229 is best known to yourself

i am talking about total numbers, not only Africa, its from every region Africa - 17900. Egypt - 9050. Ethiopia -11000. Nigeria - 8000. Asia - 2650. Europe - 12500. North America - 4. Oceania - 450. SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN - 675 = 62229

hy bro long tym , you have been quite bro how are you holding up ?wishing you success mate ,take care
Man I have been so busy and up country but I have been following whatever was happening on the forum, I have been one of the guests.
I got a mail from IOM that my medical appointment was shifted from 21st to 22nd bcs 21st is a public holiday in Kenya, so I will be doing my medicals on the 22nd, I will keep you posted. Are u back from Zambia?

Status
Not open for further replies.