• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
need advice....

First of all.... I am so greatful to God for this wonderful opportunity. I have been in the US studying and will graduate this Dec. I have been applying for Dv for more than a decade. God's ways are amazing. He waited until I complete my studies. So anyway... I chose to go for the CP instead of AP becoz I am graduating in Dec and I hear AP takes so long... so I wouldn't want to go out of status. I need to know however how early I shd travel back home to complete all those KNEC, police and medicals... roughly... If i find out my interview will be early January... when is the latest I should jet in?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Pia mimi nimepatikana... nolonger a guest though. was just checking it out first.
Lots of people with great faith in this kerende. love it.

Hello Notez,

You're welcome and do feel free to ask whatever concerning the DV Process and forum members will more often than not try to answer. Also update your details on our spreed sheet if you haven't done so. Use the link below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

First of all.... I am so greatful to God for this wonderful opportunity. I have been in the US studying and will graduate this Dec. I have been applying for Dv for more than a decade. God's ways are amazing. He waited until I complete my studies. So anyway... I chose to go for the CP instead of AP becoz I am graduating in Dec and I hear AP takes so long... so I wouldn't want to go out of status. I need to know however how early I shd travel back home to complete all those KNEC, police and medicals... roughly... If i find out my interview will be early January... when is the latest I should jet in?

Thanks

Congratulations Notez and I do admire your persistence/perseverance. For starters I think you meant AS (Adjustment of Status) instead of AP (Administrative Processing). Those aliens who seek an immigrant visa and live outside of the United States must undergo consular processing. However, those who are living in the United States on a different type of non-immigrant visa may choose to adjust their status without leaving the United States or seek their immigrant visa from a U.S. consulate abroad through consular processing. It is indeed true that CP takes a shorter time and they both (AS & CP) have pros and cons.
AP (Administrative Processing) on the other hand is when a visa application requires further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. see link below for more info:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/a_zindex/a_zindex_4353.html

Well based on statistics from the previous years, you should have your interview in August of next year. This implies that you will most likely receive the 2NL in mid June. I suggest you find your way back to Kenya towards the end of May and begin chasing all the necessary documentation.

Please note that I am not a lawyer. I hope this helps.

Today devotion
Proverb 18;10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.

morning mates and guru of the thread ?i hope we will find strength and encouragement from our lord you wont be disappointed ,its great to see the thread growing in numbers, warm welcome to the new mates !the bullentin for africa this months is projected to be 17900 so peeps with their case number in that region you will b current ,source KCC

Congratulations Notez and I do admire your persistence/perseverance. For starters I think you meant AS (Adjustment of Status) instead of AP (Administrative Processing). Those aliens who seek an immigrant visa and live outside of the United States must undergo consular processing. However, those who are living in the United States on a different type of non-immigrant visa may choose to adjust their status without leaving the United States or seek their immigrant visa from a U.S. consulate abroad through consular processing. It is indeed true that CP takes a shorter time and they both (AS & CP) have pros and cons.
AP (Administrative Processing) on the other hand is when a visa application requires further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. see link below for more info:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/a_zindex/a_zindex_4353.html

Well based on statistics from the previous years, you should have your interview in August of next year. This implies that you will most likely receive the 2NL in mid June. I suggest you find your way back to Kenya towards the end of May and begin chasing all the necessary documentation.

Please note that I am not a lawyer. I hope this helps.

Well Jonge i think Notez should be current by now looking the case number which is in the 7000's and not 70000's.

Forum mates..could you clarify for me this..especially the roaming experts here..after getting the 2nl...is there a point you have to contact the embassy to confirm interview date and at what point are the certificates taken to the embassy too?at interview date or they will precede the interview for background checks to be done...britsimon,jonge,jorj,family2133, and other gurus..please throw back a feedback on this...?

Forum mates..could you clarify for me this..especially the roaming experts here..after getting the 2nl...is there a point you have to contact the embassy to confirm interview date and at what point are the certificates taken to the embassy too?at interview date or they will precede the interview for background checks to be done...britsimon,jonge,jorj,family2133, and other gurus..almost forgot sm1som!!
please throw back a feedback on this...?

Today devotion
Proverb 18;10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.

morning mates and guru of the thread ?i hope we will find strength and encouragement from our lord you wont be disappointed ,its great to see the thread growing in numbers, warm welcome to the new mates !the bullentin for africa this months is projected to be 17900 so peeps with their case number in that region you will b current ,source KCC

any link to that effect my friend akelloh?I fall in the sub17900 and I'v been anxiously waiting for the NOv bulletin..

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum mates..could you clarify for me this..especially the roaming experts here..after getting the 2nl...is there a point you have to contact the embassy to confirm interview date and at what point are the certificates taken to the embassy too?at interview date or they will precede the interview for background checks to be done...britsimon,jonge,jorj,family2133, and other gurus..please throw back a feedback on this...?

hi olelenku...all those certs have to be taken by you to the embassy.and that'll b wen ur interview will be carried out. Only the confidential KCSE results will be sent prior to the interview date.

hi olelenku...all those certs have to be taken by you to the embassy.and that'll b wen ur interview will be carried out. Only the confidential KCSE results will be sent prior to the interview date.

thanks Nairobba...didnt know you are also one of the gurus...should have mentioned ...then my understanding is that the confidential results should be sent by KNEC at least 2 weeks prior?

naa am not a guru...i just read other peoples' experiences and also the in4 from travel.state.gov directed to selectees on what to do to prepare for the interview. I think the best thing to do is to have the confidential results sent in soon as you get the 2NL, and keep tracking it to the consulate until you are sure they are in possession of it. #my2cents## ;)

thanks Nairobba...didnt know you are also one of the gurus...should have mentioned ...then my understanding is that the confidential results should be sent by KNEC at least 2 weeks prior?

That's true. You should visit Knec Offices 2 wks prior to your interview date for them to send your confidential results.

Olelenku said:

No, you don't have to contact the Embassy. Your 2nl will have all the details about your Interview.
But if you have to reschedule(Which ofcourse i don't recommend) or If you have any question regarding the Interview you can contact them.

Greetings to You'll said:
Greetings from Godia
, He says Hi to you all na Hajapotea Kwa ubaya...

Well Jonge i think Notez should be current by now looking the case number which is in the 7000's and not 70000's.

Thats true gh50, Notez should be current already if his CN is in the 7000s. So he'll probably receive his 2nl letter after the next visa bulletin if he has not yet received one. Same goes to Olelenku...

Thats true gh50, Notez should be current already if his CN is in the 7000s. So he'll probably receive his 2nl letter after the next visa bulletin if he has not yet received one. Same goes to Olelenku...

thanks jorj and @nairobba on the

Status
Not open for further replies.