• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today devotion

Romans 8;38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to
separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our lord

Remember God loves you!
In Jesus Christ's Name. Amen

Hello guys,
Good morning to you all!
Just a quick one; is it OK for guys from Uganda to instruct DHL to send their packets to DHL Uganda; as opposed to DHL Kenya?
I am told that one has to wait a few more days before the parcel gets to them; and yet if I must return to work, I may not have so much time on me.
Please advise me (and a friend of mine whose interview is tomorrow!).

Thanks.
Let this friend of yours share with us his/her medical and interview experience

Just my two cents: While there is a lot of excitement and anxiety when we find out we've been selected for further processing we still need to pay attention in how one fills the DS forms... Ensure that you follow the instructions to the letter. Sometimes one finds him/herself in AP because of an omission or giving wrongful info.

Those still waiting for their second notifications do so patiently as Makiki (DV2013) used to put it in this process patience has to be literally worn... Whenever you contact KCC they update that on your case file so unless it is absolutely necessary avoid too much back and forth with them.

They take time to study what you have filled in your forms and may even do a background check.... Ensure you prepare for the interview well thats why they give time before sending the 2nd NL... Get all the necessary docs that will help with your case...

I wish all you the best as you prepare to embark on this journey to the USA.

God Speed...

Thanks Shorrie for this informational tip.

hallo mates the word of God every mornin is to give us strength and encourage us in this DV journey ! Wishin the thread all the best and those expectin their 2nl will soon have a smile on their face stop worryin cz the lord is with us ,shorrie totally agree with you

Today devotion

Romans 8;38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to
separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our lord

Remember God loves you!

Amen Akelloh...God be with you this day

Hello guys,
Good morning to you all!
Just a quick one; is it OK for guys from Uganda to instruct DHL to send their packets to DHL Uganda; as opposed to DHL Kenya?
I am told that one has to wait a few more days before the parcel gets to them; and yet if I must return to work, I may not have so much time on me.

Thanks.

KaiaUG,

it should be possible but this is something we from Uganda should explore. I remember doing so with the Canadian Embassy in Nairobi. I registered with DHL Uganda and the embassy sent it.

Hello guys,
Good morning to you all!

Thanks.

KaiaUG,

From the information on the US embassy website, it only indicates DHL Kenya locations for visa/passport pickups. It wouldn't hurt to write to the embassy and inquire on the possibility of delivering to UG. Uganda1 from DV 2013 thread wrote that he got a temporary travel document before leaving UG, came for the interview then immediately left for Kampala. When the visas were ready he took the bus back minus the family and picked the visas.

This link is helpful for dhl pickup.

https://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/us_courier_information

KaiaUG,

From the information on the US embassy website, it only indicates DHL Kenya locations for visa/passport pickups. It wouldn't hurt to write to the embassy and inquire on the possibility of delivering to UG. Uganda1 from DV 2013 thread wrote that he got a temporary travel document before leaving UG, came for the interview then immediately left for Kampala. When the visas were ready he took the bus back minus the family and picked the visas.

This link is helpful for dhl pickup.

https://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/us_courier_information

Thank you, all for your input.
I have managed to talk to DHL Uganda and was told that at a fee of 89,000 Ugshs, the parcel can be transfered from DHL Kenya to DHL Uganda. I guess that's much cheaper than having to travel back to Nairobi or even staying an extra 2 days in a hotel. What I would like the forum to think about and contribute your thoughts is the safety of the parcel! What do you guys think? Would you trust the DHL with your parcel? We trusted them with our docs to KCC, didn't we? Just troubleshooting.

Hello guys,
Good morning to you all!

Thanks.

In terms of travel documentation, I would recommend getting a temporary travel document as well as your passport. If you are Ugandan, you can get that for 5k at Port Bell, go with a photocopy of your passport and some passport photos. Explain that you need it, b'se your passport will be held by the US embassy for visa processing when you want to travel. Once they give it to you, use this document even when you are going to kenya, b'se when exiting, they will want to see the entry stamp, and you can't say that it is in the passport which has stayed behind. So, like in my case, where they have kept the passports for processing, I'm able to come back and spend the time in UG, going on with stuff I have to do, kids back in school etc and then will only go back by myself to pick up the passports. (Which by the way, I'm requesting to be sent by DHL to Kisumu. That is just a 1-day round trip by road from Kampala).

Response from Uganda1 from DV 2013, might be useful to those coming from Uganda for the interviews..

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of travel documentation, I would recommend getting a temporary travel document as well as your passport. If you are Ugandan, you can get that for 5k at Port Bell, go with a photocopy of your passport and some passport photos. Explain that you need it, b'se your passport will be held by the US embassy for visa processing when you want to travel. Once they give it to you, use this document even when you are going to kenya, b'se when exiting, they will want to see the entry stamp, and you can't say that it is in the passport which has stayed behind. So, like in my case, where they have kept the passports for processing, I'm able to come back and spend the time in UG, going on with stuff I have to do, kids back in school etc and then will only go back by myself to pick up the passports. (Which by the way, I'm requesting to be sent by DHL to Kisumu. That is just a 1-day round trip by road from Kampala).

Response from Uganda1 from DV 2013, might be useful to those coming from Uganda for the interviews..

Thanks Guriix for this thread. It's very important; and I am glad i got to know about this before my interview! Now, it makes even more sense for people to join this forum! It's so informative!
Thanks!!!!

Hello my brothers and sisters,once you have sent your papers to KCC please put on the garment of patience,avoid as much as possible communications with KCC not unless you are making corrections,they put all the communications between you n them in your file..your 2nd NL will surely come,dont harakisha them,they know their work,they have done it for many years...JUST WAIT

All the best

Thank you, all for your input.
I have managed to talk to DHL Uganda and was told that at a fee of 89,000 Ugshs, the parcel can be transfered from DHL Kenya to DHL Uganda. I guess that's much cheaper than having to travel back to Nairobi or even staying an extra 2 days in a hotel. What I would like the forum to think about and contribute your thoughts is the safety of the parcel! What do you guys think? Would you trust the DHL with your parcel? We trusted them with our docs to KCC, didn't we? Just troubleshooting.

KaiaUG,

the documents should be safe. I had my passport sent to the Canadian Embassy in Nairobi and also registered for return service and it came.

Hello my brothers and sisters,once you have sent your papers to KCC please put on the garment of patience,avoid as much as possible communications with KCC not unless you are making corrections,they put all the communications between you n them in your file..your 2nd NL will surely come,dont harakisha them,they know their work,they have done it for many years...JUST WAIT

All the best

Thanks Essieta for this free tip. Indeed patience is very important at this stage.

hallo mates hope your in good health, i know the some of you peeps have started receiving their 2NL !if not so i think 18th to 20th after that you should think of calling KCC ,anyway best of luck and when you get your second 2NL get prepared well as always lots of prayers to the house

Today devotion
1 JOHN 3;1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Remember GOD loves you ! Be blessed

Akelloh, the 2nl you say is for which month interview?
Is it for December or November?

hallo mates hope your in good health, i know the some of you peeps have started receiving their 2NL !if not so i think 18th to 20th after that you should think of calling KCC ,anyway best of luck and when you get your second 2NL get prepared well as always lots of prayers to the house

Today devotion
1 JOHN 3;1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Today devotion
1 JOHN 3;1

Amen and praise be to God. Thanks for the word for today and God be with you this day my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.