• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank u for the spreadsheet update Family2133 !!we really appreciate your work !

Regards,
JuelzAnge Jr

UPDATES FROM THE SPREADSHEET

(a) Interviews already done
1.Dannyden-Burundi, the out come was Administrative Processing..........
2.Family2133-Uganda, the out come was Administrative Processing..........
3.Godia-Kenya, the outcome was, Visa granted
3.4turya-Uganda, the outcome was, Visa granted
4.Feyisayo-Nigeria, the outcome was, Visa granted
5.Guy-Ray-Kenya, the outcome was, Visa granted
6.Nairobba-Kenya, the outcome was, Visa granted

____________________________________________________________________________________________
(c)Remaining interview in December 2013
1.Olelenku - Kenya
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(c)Up coming interviews in January 2014
1.Azmera - Ethiopia
2.Beth02 - Kenya
3.Partitas - Kenya
4.Jimko
5. Ghanaman - Ghana

Thank you akelloh for the refreshing word! We all are truly blessed. we shall surely see the goodness of the lord...Amen

morning folks its great that the almighty is blessing the forum in a big way lets all thank him and keep on praising his good name ,to our folks who are going for their interviews we wish you all the best remember in this journey we are not alone God is with us congrats to our mates who had successful interviews and we also remember our brothers family and danny i know for sure GOD is with you you day is coming kindly keep the faith .be blessed folks

Today devotion
Hebrew 12;1-3

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Remember God loves you be blessed folks

I will be in nai in jan. God willing i would love to meet all you forks for d lunch. You have been all inspiring let me know the date as well.

Congs to Nairobba guys in Nairobi should plan we link up for lunch in early Jan we keep the flame burning even after departing.

Congrats Guy-ray and Nairobba!

Akelloh and Guy-ray am also heading to that place...i will see you both there by God's grace!:cool:

I was at the embassy at about 5.50am, found people were already outside, but most were family groupings. The guards opened the pedestrian gate at about 6.08am, and we were asked to queue per gender. males one line, females the other line. I was the third male to be let in.Side Note to All:punctuality is key. There is a huuggge number of people waiting to be served.

After initial security check, we were let in and asked to wait, once again by the order we had arrived, right outside the consulate. People with young kids were given the seats, while us young men..AHEM!! were left standing. That was the longest wait man, we stood there for over an hour while waiting for them to log in their systems and make themselves ready to address us. People who were getting non-immigrant visas were prioritized; and of course American citizens just jumped the queue. After all, the consulate is theirs. Note To Self: I'll jump the queue too, just give me 5 years.AHEM!!

Finally they got to the immigrant visas; and this is at about 7.20am. They need the 2NL and original passport for you to be let through into the consulate. The staff member, a young Kenyan lady, counter checks my info versus her list of appointments scheduled for the day. She ticks against my name and once again we have to wait to be security checked in order to be let into the consulate. This time round we are offered seats. NoteToSelf: I think I should just change my name to WAITER. This way I'll @least live up to my name.LOL
Finally about 10mins later, they let me in. Here they let guys in in groups of fours. You hand in your electronics, keys and coins;place them on a basin and you are asked to walk through a metal detector. Then they check you physically using the hand held metal detecting device. Once clear, they asked me for my CD from IOM and something else I honestly can't remember what. The cold had chewed up my memory. I know I'll remember next year. They then tagged those two items and they were left behind, whereas I left with the tag.

Once through that security check, I was let in and took a walk inside the consulate. I was directed by some guard through a security door where I walked in and saw a bunch of people waiting on my left. Direct ahead of me was a young Kenyan lady who asked me for my passport and my 2NL. She took away my phone then gave me a numbered code which was the code they used to call me through out the exercise. Then I left that building and once again went out to do what?WAIT!! where??OUTSIDE IN THE FRIGID COLD!!
After about 30mins, WAITER ;) was called in to counter numero 4. A young Kenyan lady of cushitic origin already had my file, the one I sent to KCC. She asked me for my original papers: Police clearance, Birth cert, High School cert and passport. NoteToForumites: please please carry your original high school certificate. The confidential results sent by KNEC don't seem to be enough. She then asked me for 2 more recent passport photos; which she straight swapped for the ones I had sent to KCC. She then directed me to the cashier where I was asked to pay the $330, or KSHS 29700 equivalent. I went back to give her the receipt and hoped she'd tell me to wait inside. Poor old Nairobba the waiter was asked to go wait where he belonged.outside.

After about some more 30mins, I was called in again through the public address system, to counter 8, where there was an american lady who was addressing me in Kikisii. My goodness her Kikisii was twenged, tweaked and all proper jargons you can find to describe "corrupt." I was polite though, I even explained am not good in Kikisii so that she could stop speaking it. LO AND BEHOLD she kept on with it. She took my finger prints, indulged me in small talk, talked about my folks a little bit. She must have been Kisii sent though(read "HEAVEN SENT"), coz she asked me to wait insidesigh!!LOL for my interview to be conducted. I stayed inside for about 30mins, then we were asked to go wait further outside. I didn't wait outside for long though, my name was called to counter 6 for the actual interview. The interviewer was an American lady:

CO: Raise you right hand and solemnly swear that the information you've accorded us is the whole truth
ME: I do.
CO: typing something on her computer If I were to hand you this visa,where do you intend to stay in the US
ME: Atlanta Georgia
CO: Who lives there?
ME: A close family friend.
CO: while typing on her computer Have you ever been married before?
ME:No
CO: while looking me in my eyesHave you ever brought forth any children?
ME: No
CO: I see you studied xyz in campus. Is that what your job is now?
ME: I explain my job further...
CO: I see. can you dance??
ME: Excuse me?
CO: Time for you to dance a bit and call your family friend in georgia, I'm approving your visa.
ME: smiling sheepishly while fist pumpingI'm sorry ma'am, I have two left feet
CO: Approaching the window as if to whisper to me Then you must be the only Kenyan who can't dance..
ME: Blush.(didn't realize it wasn't a compliment)

She hands me the green paper and indulges me in small talk on how to open my DHL acc, and when to pay the USCIS fee. She also said that due to the festivities going on, I'd get the visa in about 10days.

I saunter out of the embassy, whistling away and feeling heat ONLY on my face.(weird,huh??) Mark you it was still frigid outside. I leave the embassy still in awe, pinching and kicking myself and praying to God I don't wake up from this dream, IF it is a dream. I put my hands in my pocket to get my phone to call my peoples and olelenku, shock horror everything is still in the consulate. And am standing on Limuru rd;400m from the embassy. Still in cloud 9. But I couldn't care less, I was in my zone.

congrats bro......very nice...
I was at the embassy at about 5.50am, found people were already outside, but most were family groupings. The guards opened the pedestrian gate at about 6.08am, and we were asked to queue per gender. males one line, females the other line. I was the third male to be let in.Side Note to All:punctuality is key. There is a huuggge number of people waiting to be served.

After initial security check, we were let in and asked to wait, once again by the order we had arrived, right outside the consulate. People with young kids were given the seats, while us young men..AHEM!! were left standing. That was the longest wait man, we stood there for over an hour while waiting for them to log in their systems and make themselves ready to address us. People who were getting non-immigrant visas were prioritized; and of course American citizens just jumped the queue. After all, the consulate is theirs. Note To Self: I'll jump the queue too, just give me 5 years.AHEM!!

Finally they got to the immigrant visas; and this is at about 7.20am. They need the 2NL and original passport for you to be let through into the consulate. The staff member, a young Kenyan lady, counter checks my info versus her list of appointments scheduled for the day. She ticks against my name and once again we have to wait to be security checked in order to be let into the consulate. This time round we are offered seats. NoteToSelf: I think I should just change my name to WAITER. This way I'll @least live up to my name.LOL
Finally about 10mins later, they let me in. Here they let guys in in groups of fours. You hand in your electronics, keys and coins;place them on a basin and you are asked to walk through a metal detector. Then they check you physically using the hand held metal detecting device. Once clear, they asked me for my CD from IOM and something else I honestly can't remember what. The cold had chewed up my memory. I know I'll remember next year. They then tagged those two items and they were left behind, whereas I left with the tag.

Once through that security check, I was let in and took a walk inside the consulate. I was directed by some guard through a security door where I walked in and saw a bunch of people waiting on my left. Direct ahead of me was a young Kenyan lady who asked me for my passport and my 2NL. She took away my phone then gave me a numbered code which was the code they used to call me through out the exercise. Then I left that building and once again went out to do what?WAIT!! where??OUTSIDE IN THE FRIGID COLD!!
After about 30mins, WAITER ;) was called in to counter numero 4. A young Kenyan lady of cushitic origin already had my file, the one I sent to KCC. She asked me for my original papers: Police clearance, Birth cert, High School cert and passport. NoteToForumites: please please carry your original high school certificate. The confidential results sent by KNEC don't seem to be enough. She then asked me for 2 more recent passport photos; which she straight swapped for the ones I had sent to KCC. She then directed me to the cashier where I was asked to pay the $330, or KSHS 29700 equivalent. I went back to give her the receipt and hoped she'd tell me to wait inside. Poor old Nairobba the waiter was asked to go wait where he belonged.outside.

After about some more 30mins, I was called in again through the public address system, to counter 8, where there was an american lady who was addressing me in Kikisii. My goodness her Kikisii was twenged, tweaked and all proper jargons you can find to describe "corrupt." I was polite though, I even explained am not good in Kikisii so that she could stop speaking it. LO AND BEHOLD she kept on with it. She took my finger prints, indulged me in small talk, talked about my folks a little bit. She must have been Kisii sent though(read "HEAVEN SENT"), coz she asked me to wait insidesigh!!LOL for my interview to be conducted. I stayed inside for about 30mins, then we were asked to go wait further outside. I didn't wait outside for long though, my name was called to counter 6 for the actual interview. The interviewer was an American lady:

CO: Raise you right hand and solemnly swear that the information you've accorded us is the whole truth
CO: typing something on her computer If I were to hand you this visa,where do you intend to stay in the US
CO: Time for you to dance a bit and call your family friend in georgia, I'm approving your visa.
CO: Approaching the window as if to whisper to me Then you must be the only Kenyan who can't dance..

She hands me the green paper and indulges me in small talk on how to open my DHL acc, and when to pay the USCIS fee. She also said that due to the festivities going on, I'd get the visa in about 10days.

I saunter out of the embassy, whistling away and feeling heat ONLY on my face.(weird,huh??) Mark you it was still frigid outside. I leave the embassy still in awe, pinching and kicking myself and praying to God I don't wake up from this dream, IF it is a dream. I put my hands in my pocket to get my phone to call my peoples and olelenku, shock horror everything is still in the consulate. And am standing on Limuru rd;400m from the embassy. Still in cloud 9. But I couldn't care less, I was in my zone.

congrats bro......very nice...

Congratulations...God is truly merciful and just. Thought I was very lucky to find a Chinese lady very fluent in Luo...almost even asked how she got to learn the language...it seems they go for lessons...God's mercies as you make the next step.
2014AF00015xxx
1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov, successful.
Visa interview: 9th Dec. Thanks to GOD, granted.
Visa pick up:
SSN:
GC:

Big congratulation my friend, enjoy your visa

Dude you are funny, that narration..haha..Congratulations!

We thank God for this success, congrats.

Nairobba should join some drama group and start acting, Lol.
If you were in Ug, I should have thought of a group called Barbed Wire; but congs man! I am happy for you!

Congratulations...God is truly merciful and just. Thought I was very lucky to find a Chinese lady very fluent in Luo...almost even asked how she got to learn the language...it seems they go for lessons...God's mercies as you make the next step.
2014AF00015xxx
1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov, successful.
Visa interview: 9th Dec. Thanks to GOD, granted.
Visa pick up:
SSN:
GC:

I like you... Am always looking forward to reading your comments! Congratulations

Congratulations awesome narration...

hahahahahahah, this is amazing. Congrats and enjoy your visa!!!

Congrats Nairobba!!! good stuff you guy!! I believe the churchill show would have given you a slot...funny guy!!!! Nway all the best as you head to ATL. actually my host from ATL is in 254 we could had linked up, but i am in coasto at the moment!! Safe journey God willing we will meet in Obamaland.
keep in touch

Status
Not open for further replies.