• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Family2133 for the updates on the spreadsheet; this just seems to be a Winners' home! And we are still believing God for more and more visas! Those that trust in the Almighty One shall not be put to shame! Amen!
Its my pleasure, indeed its a winners' home, we do not expect any shame.

CO: Raise you right hand and solemnly swear that the information you've accorded us is the whole truth
ME: I do.
CO: typing something on her computer If I were to hand you this visa,where do you intend to stay in the US
ME: Atlanta Georgia
CO: Who lives there?
ME: A close family friend.
CO: while typing on her computer Have you ever been married before?
ME:No
CO: while looking me in my eyesHave you ever brought forth any children?
ME: No
CO: I see you studied xyz in campus. Is that what your job is now?
ME: I explain my job further...
CO: I see. can you dance??
ME: Excuse me?
CO: Time for you to dance a bit and call your family friend in georgia, I'm approving your visa.
ME: smiling sheepishly while fist pumpingI'm sorry ma'am, I have two left feet
CO: Approaching the window as if to whisper to me Then you must be the only Kenyan who can't dance..
ME: Blush.(didn't realize it wasn't a compliment)

She hands me the green paper and indulges me in small talk on how to open my DHL acc, and when to pay the USCIS fee. She also said that due to the festivities going on, I'd get the visa in about 10days.

I saunter out of the embassy, whistling away and feeling heat ONLY on my face.(weird,huh??) Mark you it was still frigid outside. I leave the embassy still in awe, pinching and kicking myself and praying to God I don't wake up from this dream, IF it is a dream. I put my hands in my pocket to get my phone to call my peoples and olelenku, shock horror everything is still in the consulate. And am standing on Limuru rd;400m from the embassy. Still in cloud 9. But I couldn't care less, I was in my zone.
congratulation another winner thank :)God

Thanks Family2133 for this colorful and informative update. How are you doing by the way?
You are welcome brother. I am doing great, I focus on positive things around me, my Job, my Family, My investments etc in an attempt to fight this A.P guy. Waiting for your call today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the embassy at about 5.50am, found people were already outside, but most were family groupings. The guards opened the pedestrian gate at about 6.08am, and we were asked to queue per gender. males one line, females the other line. I was the third male to be let in.Side Note to All:punctuality is key. There is a huuggge number of people waiting to be served.

After initial security check, we were let in and asked to wait, once again by the order we had arrived, right outside the consulate. People with young kids were given the seats, while us young men..AHEM!! were left standing. That was the longest wait man, we stood there for over an hour while waiting for them to log in their systems and make themselves ready to address us. People who were getting non-immigrant visas were prioritized; and of course American citizens just jumped the queue. After all, the consulate is theirs. Note To Self: I'll jump the queue too, just give me 5 years.AHEM!!

Finally they got to the immigrant visas; and this is at about 7.20am. They need the 2NL and original passport for you to be let through into the consulate. The staff member, a young Kenyan lady, counter checks my info versus her list of appointments scheduled for the day. She ticks against my name and once again we have to wait to be security checked in order to be let into the consulate. This time round we are offered seats. NoteToSelf: I think I should just change my name to WAITER. This way I'll @least live up to my name.LOL
Finally about 10mins later, they let me in. Here they let guys in in groups of fours. You hand in your electronics, keys and coins;place them on a basin and you are asked to walk through a metal detector. Then they check you physically using the hand held metal detecting device. Once clear, they asked me for my CD from IOM and something else I honestly can't remember what. The cold had chewed up my memory. I know I'll remember next year. They then tagged those two items and they were left behind, whereas I left with the tag.

Once through that security check, I was let in and took a walk inside the consulate. I was directed by some guard through a security door where I walked in and saw a bunch of people waiting on my left. Direct ahead of me was a young Kenyan lady who asked me for my passport and my 2NL. She took away my phone then gave me a numbered code which was the code they used to call me through out the exercise. Then I left that building and once again went out to do what?WAIT!! where??OUTSIDE IN THE FRIGID COLD!!
After about 30mins, WAITER ;) was called in to counter numero 4. A young Kenyan lady of cushitic origin already had my file, the one I sent to KCC. She asked me for my original papers: Police clearance, Birth cert, High School cert and passport. NoteToForumites: please please carry your original high school certificate. The confidential results sent by KNEC don't seem to be enough. She then asked me for 2 more recent passport photos; which she straight swapped for the ones I had sent to KCC. She then directed me to the cashier where I was asked to pay the $330, or KSHS 29700 equivalent. I went back to give her the receipt and hoped she'd tell me to wait inside. Poor old Nairobba the waiter was asked to go wait where he belonged.outside.

After about some more 30mins, I was called in again through the public address system, to counter 8, where there was an american lady who was addressing me in Kikisii. My goodness her Kikisii was twenged, tweaked and all proper jargons you can find to describe "corrupt." I was polite though, I even explained am not good in Kikisii so that she could stop speaking it. LO AND BEHOLD she kept on with it. She took my finger prints, indulged me in small talk, talked about my folks a little bit. She must have been Kisii sent though(read "HEAVEN SENT"), coz she asked me to wait insidesigh!!LOL for my interview to be conducted. I stayed inside for about 30mins, then we were asked to go wait further outside. I didn't wait outside for long though, my name was called to counter 6 for the actual interview. The interviewer was an American lady:

CO: Raise you right hand and solemnly swear that the information you've accorded us is the whole truth
ME: I do.
CO: typing something on her computer If I were to hand you this visa,where do you intend to stay in the US
ME: Atlanta Georgia
CO: Who lives there?
ME: A close family friend.
CO: while typing on her computer Have you ever been married before?
ME:No
CO: while looking me in my eyesHave you ever brought forth any children?
ME: No
CO: I see you studied xyz in campus. Is that what your job is now?
ME: I explain my job further...
CO: I see. can you dance??
ME: Excuse me?
CO: Time for you to dance a bit and call your family friend in georgia, I'm approving your visa.
ME: smiling sheepishly while fist pumpingI'm sorry ma'am, I have two left feet
CO: Approaching the window as if to whisper to me Then you must be the only Kenyan who can't dance..
ME: Blush.(didn't realize it wasn't a compliment)

She hands me the green paper and indulges me in small talk on how to open my DHL acc, and when to pay the USCIS fee. She also said that due to the festivities going on, I'd get the visa in about 10days.

I saunter out of the embassy, whistling away and feeling heat ONLY on my face.(weird,huh??) Mark you it was still frigid outside. I leave the embassy still in awe, pinching and kicking myself and praying to God I don't wake up from this dream, IF it is a dream. I put my hands in my pocket to get my phone to call my peoples and olelenku, shock horror everything is still in the consulate. And am standing on Limuru rd;400m from the embassy. Still in cloud 9. But I couldn't care less, I was in my zone.

Hahahhaah:D, this experience is so amusing. Ok Mr Waiter, you are not dreaming, these are the rewards which God's people who trust Him get finally. Congratulations and I wish you nice preparations as you relocate.

morning mates its it indeed a long ride and some of us are really enjoying the fruits of patience ,i would really like to congratulate our members for emerging out victoriuos we thank the almightyy and for those waiting for their interviews in Jesus name we know you will be a winner its really wonderful for read some post of guys who are lost like danny and the rest i hop all is good with others too ,those planning on travelling all the bestremember God loves you be blessed folks

Today devotion
Deuteronomy 4:35

To you it was shown, that you might know that the LORD is God; there is no other besides him.

remember GOD loves you be blessed folks

yeah sure guy ray i will be heading to aurora if all goes according to GODS plan what about you mate?
God's mercies as you proceed with the journey...we shall meet.
2014AF00015xxx
1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov, successful.
Visa interview: 9th Dec. Thanks to GOD, granted.
Visa pick up:
SSN:
GC:

Pre -Interview

morning guys...just thot to post a pre-interview ..as I see it:-

"In an almost Trance-like atmosphere, I stand opposite the consular officer who holds my destiny in his hands.He can decide if I can go and study; work etc....And consular officers (I assume) very often happens to be unhappy with life. Maybe S/He had different career ideas/expectations … perhaps expecting to negotiate main diplomatic treaties in New York not being stuck in a "dusty office" of some complicated and remote country having to deal with some ‘strange’ people. And here comes the moment when we, as the selectee, and the officer, as a demi-god, lock eyes for a few seconds. That moment speaks more than all the forms ever submitted. I say: ‘Give me the damn visa and make my life easier’. He/she waits for seconds …. seconds that seem like an eternity. The verdict is…... I leave the consulate completely drained emotionally (even physically).

Thank you thank you forumites for all the beautiful good wishes. Y'all are far too kind. I believe this forum sets people up for success, believe me if it weren't for this forum, so many people would have had their visas turned down. First hand experience: I saw this young lady (from Rwanda I believe) who got turned down because she was missing some form. She tried to come up with excuses but the consulate staff members seemed like they were not having it. Olelenku I'm sure you can remember her, we attended our medicals on the same day. I don't know how her case ended but I sincerely do hope she was given another chance. The value of the info and experiences we share here is immeasurable. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

morning guys...just thot to post a pre-interview ..as I see it:-

"In an almost Trance-like atmosphere, I stand opposite the consular officer who holds my destiny in his hands.He can decide if I can go and study; work etc....And consular officers (I assume) very often happens to be unhappy with life. Maybe S/He had different career ideas/expectations … perhaps expecting to negotiate main diplomatic treaties in New York not being stuck in a "dusty office" of some complicated and remote country having to deal with some ‘strange’ people. And here comes the moment when we, as the selectee, and the officer, as a demi-god, lock eyes for a few seconds. That moment speaks more than all the forms ever submitted. I say: ‘Give me the damn visa and make my life easier’. He/she waits for seconds …. seconds that seem like an eternity. The verdict is…... I leave the consulate completely drained emotionally (even physically).

HAHAHA guy you killing me!! I just fell off my chair reading this. You should have said "demi-god and waiter" locked eyes. your premonitions are so on point you have no idea.hehe but fret not, t'will be smooth sailing for you big homie

Thank you thank you forumites for all the beautiful good wishes. Y'all are far too kind. I believe this forum sets people up for success, believe me if it weren't for this forum, so many people would have had their visas turned down. First hand experience: I saw this young lady (from Rwanda I believe) who got turned down because she was missing some form. She tried to come up with excuses but the consulate staff members seemed like they were not having it. Olelenku I'm sure you can remember her, we attended our medicals on the same day. I don't know how her case ended but I sincerely do hope she was given another chance. The value of the info and experiences we share here is immeasurable. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Wise words. Hopefully she was put on AP while she obtains the document.

We thank God for this success, congrats.

Thanks ghanaman. I officially hand over the baton to you, since you are next to face the CO in this forum. May all the blessings of our Lord God be with you, and may His Light shine on your path and success follows you come Monday. Good tidings my brother.

Thanks ghanaman. I officially hand over the baton to you, since you are next to face the CO in this forum. May all the blessings of our Lord God be with you, and may His Light shine on your path and success follows you come Monday. Good tidings my brother.
Amen, thank you brother. God bless and keep you as you are getting ready to depart to US.

Nairobba should join some drama group and start acting, Lol.
If you were in Ug, I should have thought of a group called Barbed Wire; but congs man! I am happy for you!

Kaia where have you been?? Glad I got you out the hide out you've been in to share my success.LOL thanks for the compliments,tho' don't be fooled by my keyboard antics, I've got zeeerrrroooooooo acting skills. If I joined Barbed Wire they'd go FLAT OUT BROKE within no time.hehe :)

Congratulations...God is truly merciful and just. Thought I was very lucky to find a Chinese lady very fluent in Luo...almost even asked how she got to learn the language...it seems they go for lessons...God's mercies as you make the next step.

thanks so much guy ray, and thanks for the support. I'm guessing you are also waiting for the winter to be over then you leave huh?//

Kaia where have you been?? Glad I got you out the hide out you've been in to share my success.LOL thanks for the compliments,tho' don't be fooled by my keyboard antics, I've got zeeerrrroooooooo acting skills. If I joined Barbed Wire they'd go FLAT OUT BROKE within no time.hehe :)

Felicitations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.