• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
High Case Number

one thing i have noticed that most of the Kenyan and East Africans selectee's have high case number. Why? any reason?

come on guys.. wake up.. make this thread alive

Thats right. The only way we can make this forum active and attract other members is to make sure that we the current members log in and post something at least every day, in that way, this forum will become knowledge rich hence more members.

i know that but i dont understand how to figure out
Open the link below
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6028.html
The first section . A is statutory numbers, section B is DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY. Under this section, you will see a table which shows different regions i.e Africa, Asia, Europe, Bahamas,Oceania,South America and the Caribean. Such tables are inserted in each issue of the visa bulletin every month to show the cases which have slots for visa interviews that month. Look under the column named " All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately", all cases under the number specified in that column, have an interview slot for example if the case number is 2014AF00099000 it means you fall under the region Africa bcs of the AF so your interview will be available only in the month when they will put a number for African region greater than or equal to 99000(this is the cut off number for that month for African region). So visa interviews for DV 2014 will start to be available in Oct 2013, we expect the visa bulletin for oct to come out in mid August that is when we shall know which case numbers are going for interviews in October, In most cases they start with 8000 for Africa which means people with case numbers ranging from 2014AF00000001 - 2014AF00008000 will have their interviews in October 2013 so long as they had sent their forms and were successfully received. Once your case number is current, it means that they have set aside a visa for the owner of that case number and no one is competing for it, you only lose that visa if you fail the interview.
That is my understanding of the visa bulletin but its open for discussion, am not an immigration lawyer but a researcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Open the link below
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6028.html
The first section . A is statutory numbers, section B is DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY. Under this section, you will see a table which shows different regions i.e Africa, Asia, Europe, Bahamas,Oceania,South America and the Caribean. Such tables are inserted in each issue of the visa bulletin every month to show the cases which have slots for visa interviews that month. Look under the column named " All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately", all cases under the number specified in that column, have an interview slot for example if the case number is 2014AF00099000 it means you fall under the region Africa bcs of the AF so your interview will be available only in the month when they will put a number for African region greater than or equal to 99000(this is the cut off number for that month for African region). So visa interviews for DV 2014 will start to be available in Oct 2013, we expect the visa bulletin for oct to come out in mid August that is when we shall know which case numbers are going for interviews in October, In most cases they start with 8000 for Africa which means people with case numbers ranging from 2014AF00000001 - 2014AF00008000 will have their interviews in October 2013 so long as they had sent their forms and were successfully received. Once your case number is current, it means that they have set aside a visa for the owner of that case number and no one is competing for it, you only lose that visa if you fail the interview.
That is my understanding of the visa bulletin but its open for discussion, am not an immigration lawyer but a researcher

thanks for explanation, truly appreciate

i just want to know why people in this forum 2014 Kenyan Selectee have high case numbers????
Mushy I think high case numbers are not intended for any country because, all entrants of the lottery have equal chances of being selected. After the registration process has ended, all valid entries are put in a computer to start the random selection
Within each region, the first entry randomly selected will be the first case registered, the second entry selected the second registration, etc. if your case number is 99000 it means your entry was the 99000th tobe selected.
That is my understanding, open for discussion.

Mushy I think high case numbers are not intended for any country because, all entrants of the lottery have equal chances of being selected. After the registration process has ended, all valid entries are put in a computer to start the random selection
Within each region, the first entry randomly selected will be the first case registered, the second entry selected the second registration, etc. if your case number is 99000 it means your entry was the 99000th tobe selected.

well i know the selection process but it seems like coincident that most of the people in this thread have high case number

That's true, i got this:
"With the help of an automated system, 50,000 applications are randomly shortlisted in a way that each application has equal chances to be included in the lottery. Each selected application is again assigned a serial number. For instance, the first randomly selected entry will be numbered 1; second will be numbered 2, third as 3 and so on."

Mushy_hot welcome to the forum and this thread will start to rock once 2013 is done and we are next. The dv2013 thread have been awesome they have been very helpful too. Regarding the high case numbers for African region, I read somewhere that most visa's were reserved for the African region. So most selectees with high case numbers tend to come from Africa...secondly they also know that most Africans will either not pursue the visa for a number of reasons i.e financial, qualifications, e.t.c as compared to persons from other regions. Apart from Nigeria, Egypt and Ethiopia, the rest of Africa is not so keen. Also remember that 7% of the total visa's can only be issued to one country. So if you're from Nigeria with case number say 76000 and some one from Uganda has case number 99000, their chances of obtaining a visa a not the same as many Nigerians play the lottery and few Ugandans do...hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.