• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

i have a question my friend is 2015 dv winner in the initial entry she indicate her place of birth was Kisumu but in real sense she was born in kisumu and passport shows she is born in Nairobi is there any problem?

Patience is not about waiting, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.
Hallo folks ,our tym ishere lets all be patience cz we shall all be current and i believe we will have our visas and o thse going for their medicals.interviews i wish you well indeed ina couple of days we shall all be having smiles ,let trust in the lord cz he has a reason for choosing us .Tyt i wish you all the best and do not panick cz in last yrs DV there was sum1 who was in AP till the last fews days of Sept ,keep the faith folks and remember God loves you.we are near the finish line folks

Today's devotion

Psalms 37;4-5

Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:

Remember God loves you and be blessed folks

@akelloh bro yeah God loves us i think i have dat faith ,bt i believed maybe God has his on reason of delaying me so ,coz my interview went well with no question by the consular, bt i think patient is long life, everything is in God hand...thank u akelloh to be encouraging me giving me mre hope and i hve faith then!!

@akelloh bro yeah God loves us i think i have dat faith ,bt i believed maybe God has his on reason of delaying me so ,coz my interview went well with no question by the consular, bt i think patient is long life, everything is in God hand...thank u akelloh to be encouraging me giving me mre hope and i hve faith then!!
Eventually all things will fall into it's rightful place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know everything happens for a reason.

Reactions: tyt
its will soon come to an hppy end...let jst keep waiting and believed in most absolute leader of the world God almighty...

i have a question my friend is 2015 dv winner in the initial entry she indicate her place of birth was Kisumu but in real sense she was born in kisumu and passport shows she is born in Nairobi is there any problem?
@Mohaa That will bring problems with CO and might lead to disqualification well a peice of advice................Any selectee notified need to be sure their civil documents match what was declared in the E-dv any changes you are doomed:confused::confused:

@Mohaa That will bring problems with CO and might lead to disqualification well a peice of advice................Any selectee notified need to be sure their civil documents match what was declared in the E-dv any changes you are doomed:confused::confused:

I disagree entirely with this, it is the country not the city or exact place name that is important, it is chargeability that is the issue here. Have seen similar cases before. The person will be absolutely fine.

Oh come on! This is an alarmist response, not entirely accurate.

I disagree entirely with this, it is the country not the city or exact place name that is important, it is chargeability that is the issue here. Have seen similar cases before. The person will be absolutely fine.
@SusieQQQ well dint mean to cause alarm but thats my thinking coz the CO are very strict and some people interchange their details to try and benefit more.......................

@SusieQQQ well dint mean to cause alarm but thats my thinking coz the CO are very strict and some people interchange their details to try and benefit more.......................

it's not the kind of thing you can benefit from. In fact, even charging to the wrong country will not necessarily get you disqualified, only if the country is in a different region (like AF vs EU). Sms1mom is right, it is an alarmist response.

My Experience

I got to the Embassy at 6 for a 6.30 appointment as indicated on the letter. Went through security and got to reception to get a token number. Went outside to wait in the Nairobi cold..carry a book, buy a newspaper. Its going to be a while.

Called in to Window 4 to give documents. They only took birth certificate, Certificate of good conduct, KCSE school leaving certificate, passport and 1 passport photo (They gave me back one that i sent to Kentucky and one of the two i gave at the window). I was told to go and pay $330 at the cashiers and a copy of the qualifications.

Cashier wasn't open so i went back outside..The cold is your friend, get familiar..Was called again to Window 8 to take fingerprints and found a Rwandese dude trying to be me ( hehe, his token number was after mine but he was confused, the embassy can do that to you) had to give my birth date for the dude to believe its me. Done. Cold outside..luckily they had snacks and coffee now so you could warm up.

Cashier finally opens up and we all line up to pay, then take the receipt back to window 5 and wait..you guessed it outside.

At 9.10 i'm called to Window 10..white lady will be the CO today.

Her: Please raise your hand and swear that all you have included in this process is the truth and nothing but the truth..
G: I swear bla bla..
Her: Sign here
G: Signs
Her: What did you do after high school?
G:Bla bla..
Her: Where are you going in the states?
G: bla bla
Her: Who is there?
Her: Have you ever been to the US?
Her : How many times?
Her: How long did you stay?
Mieen..this is becoming long..that is the thought in my head
Just then..
Her: I see you want to join us now permanently?
G: (sheepishly) Yes
Her: Your visa is approved..bla bla bla DHL..bla bla register..bla bla pay online..bla bla (as she returns my originals)
G: Thanks Ma'am

I'm out of the gate at 9.22..phew, that took a while..

Passed by IOM round the corner to check on flights..June to September is high season folks..but i got Ksh. 69000 (USD 793) on British Airways.
Thanks for your nice episode with CO..........am happy for you

I had the same problem last year and was having what I may refer as "fear of the unknown" -my birth cert . has a different place of birth from my passport. I consolted on DV 2013 forum and was assured that it wasn't an issue since both places of birth were in the same country. True to their word, IT DID NOT BRING ANY DAMN ISSUE IN THE INTERVIEW.

@enoo..is there any crime in getting another birth cert then i process new passport for the purpose of matching up the doc?

Hallo folks ,few more days indeed it will be worth it i hop AF will be current and we shall all be smile ,remember GOd loves you and your miracle is on ya way be blessed folks

Todays devotion
Psalms 40;5

Many, Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.

Remember God loves you folks

@Mohaa let your friend communicate this error in filling in her initial entry to KCC. She can send an email to them giving this information. She should make sure she quotes her case number , date of birth etc at the very beginning of her email or else then it may take forever to get a response from KCC. If she does this then I dont foresee any problems ahead during the interview come next year. It is still very early on.