• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

i see but my number is EU15*** so i have no idea when i receive it, thank you so much for ur answer Simon, ur so kind
Yes it is correct - it could be as much as 6 ot 7 weeks before the interview - or perhaps just 4 weeks. The 2NL is actually an email - and the email tells you to check the Status check website where you saw your selected letter. There you will then see the appointment details.

Greetings

Hello everyone reading throught this post.

my cn is eu 20140046XXX

Is IT a high CN??
Do you guys think i have any chances????

Hello everyone reading throught this post.

my cn is eu 20140046XXX

Is IT a high CN??
Do you guys think i have any chances????

Hi Okami, yes it is a high number. The highest EU numbers we know of are around 56,000 to 59,000, so you are not the highest, but still high. You should be aware that there is a chance that the global limit is reached before you get your interview. However, that is by no means certain - we can only speculate and wait and see. The process is conducted in case number order and the case number cutoffs are announced on the visa bulletin (VB). So you need to keep an eye on the VB and you would be wise to keep checking here. IF you get an interview it will not be until September - so you have to wait until then.

I hope that makes sense to you but ask again if anything is unclear.

Simon

Hi Okami, yes it is a high number. The highest EU numbers we know of are around 56,000 to 59,000, so you are not the highest, but still high. You should be aware that there is a chance that the global limit is reached before you get your interview. However, that is by no means certain - we can only speculate and wait and see. The process is conducted in case number order and the case number cutoffs are announced on the visa bulletin (VB). So you need to keep an eye on the VB and you would be wise to keep checking here. IF you get an interview it will not be until September - so you have to wait until then.

Simon

THNX fingers crossed , just hoping and praying for the best . nothing else to do.

HI, guys
Any news about DV2016 ? Is DV 2015 gonna be the last one ?

Hmmm - that's an interesting question (although quite early). The legislation that would kill the DV lottery is still not passed. They would have to pass it within about 6 to 9 months from now in order to stop DV2016 happening - honestly I don't see that happening, so my guess is that DV2016 will go ahead - but at this point, it is difficult to be sure.

Simon

Very diplomatic response - respect :cool:

It's actually crazy that they selected so many people ("winners"), they must have been desperate to absolutely ensure all visas will be issued...and to ensure that they will, they will destroy the hopes of tens of thousands.

Maybe their desperation stems from their desire to balance out the population due to the increasing flow of people who give up on their green cards and citizenship, as a result of the crazy FBAR and FACTA laws (hauting everyone who dares to live outside of the US in the future). - Muahahaha :confused:

Hmmm - that's an interesting question (although quite early). The legislation that would kill the DV lottery is still not passed. They would have to pass it within about 6 to 9 months from now in order to stop DV2016 happening - honestly I don't see that happening, so my guess is that DV2016 will go ahead - but at this point, it is difficult to be sure.
I hope they will maintain it, last year they were already speculating about dv15
But still nothing happend we all suscribed again :)
What's the reason of taking the lottery away in your opinion? Do u think they gonna bring an other
Process way of immigration like canada's one ? Where they take high qualified candidates?

Very diplomatic response - respect :cool:

It's actually crazy that they selected so many people ("winners"), they must have been desperate to absolutely ensure all visas will be issued...and to ensure that they will, they will destroy the hopes of tens of thousands.

Maybe their desperation stems from their desire to balance out the population due to the increasing flow of people who give up on their green cards and citizenship, as a result of the crazy FBAR and FACTA laws (hauting everyone who dares to live outside of the US in the future). - Muahahaha :confused:

I actually think this year will create some bad feeling for the lottery. If things go badly, so many people will lose out and many will have put their lives "on hold" during this game of patience. It seems unfair and cruel - I am not looking forward to the August VB (in mid July).

I hope they will maintain it, last year they were already speculating about dv15
What's the reason of taking the lottery away in your opinion? Do u think they gonna bring an other
Process way of immigration like canada's one ? Where they take high qualified candidates?

I think they want to take the DV quota and invite more high qualified candidates. I can see how that might be in their best interests but it seems to be "un-American" in terms of giving everyone a chance and encouraging diversity. It also seems to value certain skills and education in a way that isn't realistic. Not everyone can be a rocket scientist - a country needs plumbers, carpenters, cooks and so on also...

I have read here and there that many politicians are opposed to the DV lottery during times of recession and the need for job creation, not increased job competition (adding new immigrants to the pool of willing workers).

Honestly, I have seen many TV programs (here in the EU) about the stories of recent emigrants, and most of them came via a business investment. I saw them taking huge risks and I admire them for investing $$$$ and time and sweat and tears, all for being on a 5-yr visa where they have to prove their business will turn a profit.
Then...after having moved across the big pond, settled in, set up a business, employed people...they are STILL being denied easy transition into permanent residency, and in the meantime their teenage children are getting close to being deported as at 21, they will have to have their own visa.

If you consider these people, I can understand their frustration when they see how many people are getting such an easy way in...without more than average education or qualifications, no investment, no risk.

btw....we did NOT enter the DV2015 lottery again. It's either this time or we will definitely be moving back to OZ.

So my interview will be about in probably March ?
And i will receive 2NL 6 weeks before March ?

Yes you might just sqeeze into March, failing that, April. If your number goes current in March you can expect an email around the 3rd week or January.

So my interview will be about in probably March ?
And i will receive 2NL 6 weeks before March ?

I don't know without knowing your CN...add that info to your signature and include that into your posts, as a suggestion...or add this vital piece of info to any post you make where it's needed.

6 weeks or 4 weeks....noone can tell you for sure, but that's the average time from what people have been reporting.

I have read here and there that many politicians are opposed to the DV lottery during times of recession and the need for job creation, not increased job competition (adding new immigrants to the pool of willing workers).

Honestly, I have seen many TV programs (here in the EU) about the stories of recent emigrants, and most of them came via a business investment. I saw them taking huge risks and I admire them for investing $$$$ and time and sweat and tears, all for being on a 5-yr visa where they have to prove their business will turn a profit.
Then...after having moved across the big pond, settled in, set up a business, employed people...they are STILL being denied easy transition into permanent residency, and in the meantime their teenage children are getting close to being deported as at 21, they will have to have their own visa.

If you consider these people, I can understand their frustration when they see how many people are getting such an easy way in...without more than average education or qualifications, no investment, no risk.

I hear you. Mind you, for someone to take the leap of faith to move to a new country with little behind them in the way of education and resources takes guts - and it takes people with guts to build a great country so hats off to those that take this chance and make a go of it.

btw....we did NOT enter the DV2015 lottery again. It's either this time or we will definitely be moving back to OZ.

DV2014 is all you need.