• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Hello,
had an interview last week for DV-2014 in Montreal and my visa has been approved. Received letter from the Consulate saying "welcome to the USA..." and they told me I will receive my passport with the visa in two weeks (I am from France, case number under 20,000).

But 2 hours after leaving the Consualte, I received an email saying there is no longer visa number available under Diversity Visa program.
So... I am no longer sure I will receive the visa.

Any thoughts? Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for your help,
Tom

Last edited:
Hello,
had an interview last week for DV-2014 in Montreal and my visa has been approved. Received letter from the Consulate saying "welcome to the USA..." and they told me I will receive my passport with the visa in two weeks (I am from France, case number under 20,000).

But 2 hours after leaving the Consualte, I received an email saying there is no longer visa number available under Diversity Visa program.
So... I am no longer sure I will receive the visa.

Any thoughts? Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for your help,
Tom

With a EU CN under 20,000, you should have had your interview sometime back in March. Did you reschedule or found about your selection late? Selectees who missed their original interview month who got interviewed in Aug - Sept have found themselves in the same situation as you are. Successful interview but no visa available to them. Tough luck.

Thanks for your answer. Had an appointment in January that I had to reschedule because my wife delivered few weeks before term. When asking for rescheduling the appointment, the only answer I received was to use the CSC website and was only able to reschedule in September :-/

Thanks for your answer. Had an appointment in January that I had to reschedule because my wife delivered few weeks before term. When asking for rescheduling the appointment, the only answer I received was to use the CSC website and was only able to reschedule in September :-/
You should of just taken a new set of updated forms, with photos of the new born, and that's it !
You could of been a green card holder from that time already.
But because you didn't take time to search and seek infos on intertnet, you might lose out......
Best of luck

You should of just taken a new set of updated forms, with photos of the new born, and that's it !
You could of been a green card holder from that time already.
But because you didn't take time to search and seek infos on intertnet, you might lose out......
Best of luck

Hm, maybe he was unable to go because his wife was giving birth when they had the interview scheduled?

Yes Susie, that was the reason. We were not able to attend the appointment. We are not living in Montreal. Not possible to travel.

Does anyone know someone in the same situation with a happy ending?

Last edited:
Yes Susie, that was the reason. We were not able to attend the appointment. We are not living in Montreal. Not possible to travel.

Does anyone know someone in the same situation with a happy ending?

Well Ifor they have already said that the visas are not available for you that is probably the final answer. That's a shame.

They told us our passeports will be sent to us with the visa within 2 weeks. And 2 hours after leaving the Consulate, I received this email about availibity of Visa Number. Did the Visa Officer not have access to this information during the interview?

They told us our passeports will be sent to us with the visa within 2 weeks. And 2 hours after leaving the Consulate, I received this email about availibity of Visa Number. Did the Visa Officer not have access to this information during the interview?

The officer possibly didn't realize you were not originally scheduled for Sept at the time of the interview. Those whose CNs are current in Sept are still being issued with visas. Your originally allocated visa is no longer available once you rescheduled. Try to be hopeful, may be, just maybe if someone scheduled for Sept gets put on AP or ends up not being qualified, then you may still end up with a visa. Far fetched, but possible.