• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Hi all,

congratulations to all the winners! and have a lot of luck!

my case number is: 00013XXX - i have sent my first forms already to Kentucky, but still i did not get any letter or interview day information? When will i get this?

Thanks!

The cases are processed in chunks, in case number order. USCIS release a visa bulletin each month. The first month was released with a case number limit of 8000 and that limit was increased to 9800 in the latest bulletin. So, it will be a while before your number becomes current (at least a month, probably 2 or 3 months). Once the visa bulletin cutoff exceeds your number you will receive an email telling you to check the Status check website for your interview details.

heyyyy

Hi,
congratulations to the selectees.
My cn is 2014EU00017***. i think this is a quite good number! :)
anyone else from greece?

Hello,

According to the latest visa bulletin (released early this week), I'm current in November. I sent all the forms to KCC in May.
Has anyone current in November already got the 2nd NL?
Thanks.

Harry

Hi all,

congratulations to all the winners! and have a lot of luck!

my case number is: 00013XXX - i have sent my first forms already to Kentucky, but still i did not get any letter or interview day information? When will i get this?

Thanks!

Hey, my number is 12***, so we might have our interviews in the same month! I'm hoping for January, but we will see :)

Hello,

According to the latest visa bulletin (released early this week), I'm current in November. I sent all the forms to KCC in May.
Thanks.

Harry

It doesn't necessarily mean that your interview is on November. It only means that visa numbers are available.

Hello,

Thanks.

Harry
I received my 2nd NL today => interview scheduled on November 21 in Paris, France !

Misspelling in Ds230 and Dsc 120 forms...

Hello to everyone,
Congratulations to all winners! I am winner from EU.

Could anybody advise what to do in the following situation.

KCC confirmed receiving my documents in August. My case number is high so I expect an interview sometime in July..

I filled the application forms for me and my family and sent them to Kentucky Consular Center in June, 2013. At that time my younger 3 years old son have had not a passport issued yet. So, I filled the application form DS-230 Part -1 and 2 and DSP-122 and wrote the name Alexander and surname as it is. Later I got a passport for him (issued by Ministry of Justice) and realized that his name in passport is different - Aleksandre ( this is how its spelled in our native country)xxxxxxx. But application forms were already sent to KKC.

Could you kindly advise what to do in such situations? Should I change the passport and the name , or send new forms to KCC? Will sending of new ap.form delay my case revision, and could this cause any problems in our case proceeding?
Thank you!

Hello to everyone,
Congratulations to all winners! I am winner from EU.

Could anybody advise what to do in the following situation.

KCC confirmed receiving my documents in August. My case number is high so I expect an interview sometime in July..

I filled the application forms for me and my family and sent them to Kentucky Consular Center in June, 2013. At that time my younger 3 years old son have had not a passport issued yet. So, I filled the application form DS-230 Part -1 and 2 and DSP-122 and wrote the name Alexander and surname as it is. Later I got a passport for him (issued by Ministry of Justice) and realized that his name in passport is different - Aleksandre ( this is how its spelled in our native country)xxxxxxx. But application forms were already sent to KKC.

Could you kindly advise what to do in such situations? Should I change the passport and the name , or send new forms to KCC? Will sending of new ap.form delay my case revision, and could this cause any problems in our case proceeding?
Thank you!

I think both solutions you have mentioned are good ones. It would be possible to send a corrected set of forms to KCC (perhaps with an explanation letter). Given that your interview is months away there is plenty of time for the new forms to get placed in your file and there would be no issue.

On the other hand, it sounds like you wanted to have a more "English" sounding version of your sons' name, and that might be useful to your son in the States. So, if you think your son should change his name to Alexander then I would personally change the passport. That would work too. The only caveat is that you would have entered his name one way or the other on the original entry. It would be better (though not essential) if the childs name matched what you wrote at that point. I say not essential because your explanation is logical and the issue is with a child, not the main applicant or spouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for your answer!

I more incline to the option of changing the passport with the name though. And if I am called on the interview just explain the situation that took place.

Thank you so much for your answer!

I more incline to the option of changing the passport with the name though. And if I am called on the interview just explain the situation that took place.

How did you write the name on the original eDV application? How is the name written on his birth certificate? If you decide to go with the English version of the name, which in essence means applying for a new passport, (which I think your son may prefer in the long run as it enables him to easily blend in), you could also send an updated DS 230 form to KCC listing the version of the name used for the eDV application under the section that says "First Name". Then list the other version of the name under the section that says "Other Names Used or Aliases'.

How did you write the name on the original eDV application? How is the name written on his birth certificate? If you decide to go with the English version of the name, which in essence means applying for a new passport, (which I think your son may prefer in the long run as it enables him to easily blend in), you could also send an updated DS 230 form to KCC listing the version of the name used for the eDV application under the section that says "First Name". Then list the other version of the name under the section that says "Other Names Used or Aliases'.

As I can recall, it was Alexander in DV e-form and in all other forms. I have not translated his birth certificate in English yet, but it is Aleksandre in our native language and will be translated in Georgian way ( I' from Georgia) I'm pretty sure. But also when I filled the Ds230 form,native alphabet in the section " Full name in native alphabet" was not available and I wrote using Roman letters the Georgian version of the name, so I did mentioned that name ( Aleksandre), but in the other field, not in section "Other Names Used or Aliases". .... So confused, I'm just worrying if I send all that changes and explanation letters, can they (KCC) disqualify my case because of that mess ?

As I can recall, it was Alexander in DV e-form and in all other forms. I have not translated his birth certificate in English yet, but it is Aleksandre in our native language and will be translated in Georgian way ( I' from Georgia) I'm pretty sure. But also when I filled the Ds230 form,native alphabet in the section " Full name in native alphabet" was not available and I wrote using Roman letters the Georgian version of the name, so I did mentioned that name ( Aleksandre), but in the other field, not in section "Other Names Used or Aliases". .... So confused, I'm just worrying if I send all that changes and explanation letters, can they (KCC) disqualify my case because of that mess ?

It all sounds genuine and explanable. I really don't think you'll have a problem...

I think you need to stop stressing over this. You mentioned both names on the DS230 form, regardless of the field where you wrote them, you will be fine. You can go ahead and get the passport issued with 'Alexander' as the 'First Name'

KCC will cannot disqualify you based on this, nor will they flag your file when they send it down to the US consulate. So relax and get the rest if your documents together while you wait for your interview.

This is the answer I got from Kentucky by email in regard to my inquiry if they have received my forms sent rather late 1 Aug 2013. I hope this is of some help/use to other winners, they work on our forms based on our case numbers(not on the date you sent you forms) my case is 2014EU000055** :

"KCC DV
3:22 PM (15 minutes ago)
to me
Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of September to locate the current numbers being processed.

Rhonda"

The forms are processed by the KCC based on BOTH when they were received and the CNs. Note where it says "Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing"? If your CN is current and your forms were not received early enough or you sent them in late, an interview date will not be scheduled for you when they're scheduling for others. They will not dig beneath the pile of forms earlier received in order to look for forms with current CN which were mailed in late.

This is the answer I got from Kentucky by email in regard to my inquiry if they have received my forms sent rather late 1 Aug 2013. I hope this is of some help/use to other winners, they work on our forms based on our case numbers(not on the date you sent you forms):

Hmm I sent my docs late July, it was delivered around Aug 4th and this is what KCC sent to me last week:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow ten to twelve weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner"

Hy guys...I need some help,I am confused.I send my forms in June and they have it on 10th June,after that they confirmed this on the phone when I called in August. I sent an email in September to KCC and this is the answer that I received:''Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.''
So...do I have a chance even if my CN it is high? I can not sleep :(

Hy guys...I need some help,I am confused.I send my forms in June and they have it on 10th June,after that they confirmed this on the phone when I called in August. I sent an email in September to KCC and this is the answer that I received:''Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.''
So...do I have a chance even if my CN it is high? I can not sleep :(

Why are you confused and cannot sleep? Is there anything you did not understand in what they wrote to you?
What is your CN?