• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Hey Raevsky. Where did you see the 59x22 number ? In the link provided there was only 59xxx...I think.

ceskhermina - the spreadsheet seems to be from Russian/Ukrainian forum. I guess people provided their details to (similar to this forum) see what is the spread and what are their chances.
what Raevsky say about 59x22 is true because in the link you can see that he say the first time that the last 2 numbers are 22 and later he say that his is 00059xxx . about the russian and ukrainian forum this i dont understand that Raevsky is saying that in this 240 EU numbers are not numbers more big that 53xxx ,ok but Europe is not only Russia and Ukraine .i dont now maybe i am wrong when i think that maybe in other countries are numbers more big that 53xxx ,because in Europe we have 46589 winners .

Hey Raevsky. Where did you see the 59x22 number ? In the link provided there was only 59xxx...I think.

ceskhermina - the spreadsheet seems to be from Russian/Ukrainian forum. I guess people provided their details to (similar to this forum) see what is the spread and what are their chances.

Also I have a question off topic. In general description of DV found all over the internet it states (more less) that Africa gets 50% of visas, Europe, and Asia 30% and 15% respectively. Is this a rule of thumb or is it a standard DV process? Can they change it? Has it ever been changed?
this is results from russian language forum , and there are people from around 12 countires (former republics of USSR)

regarding to your question about percentage of visa issuance see below

year 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
Europe Total 22321 21721 19330 15626 12633 14788 14241 16083 16378 13093
Asia Total 6557 6310 6462 7402 7151 7335 7759 8824 9167 6481
Africa Total 19227 17146 19118 19548 18046 22960 24648 24745 24015 13582

Grand Totals 50810 48044 48151 46145 40076 46633 48036 51312 51118 34463

you can see that in 2003-2005 EU got even more visas then AF. So nobody knows what will be a quota for regions in 2014.
It is quite possible , that EU and Asia will grab some visas from AF

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I have a question off topic. In general description of DV found all over the internet it states (more less) that Africa gets 50% of visas, Europe, and Asia 30% and 15% respectively. Is this a rule of thumb or is it a standard DV process? Can they change it? Has it ever been changed?
Quotas are changing every year according to a specific formula defined by law. I have those quotas for a number of years, 1995-2002 except 2000.

what Raevsky say about 59x22 is true because in the link you can see that he say the first time that the last 2 numbers are 22 and later he say that his is 00059xxx . about the russian and ukrainian forum this i dont understand that Raevsky is saying that in this 240 EU numbers are not numbers more big that 53xxx ,ok but Europe is not only Russia and Ukraine .i dont now maybe i am wrong when i think that maybe in other countries are numbers more big that 53xxx ,because in Europe we have 46589 winners .
In DV-13 only Ukraine and Uzbekistan are capped by a country-specific limit in EU and Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria in AF, all other countries, according to CEAC data, are more or less evenly distributed. So it is very unlikely Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Germany, Turkmenistan and some other countries mentioned in the list have a cap separate from max EU number in DV-14 (that is not the cap for Romania). Basically, if we trust the fact this number really exists, that means all other EU countries (except possibly Ukraine and Uzbekistan) would have numbers at least up to that point. But we have 240 numbers, all under 53xxx. That means those numbers above 53xxx either do not exist or are extremely rare, at least 30 times rarier than numbers under 54000.

Hey all, my number EU0012***. A quick question to the PROs out here - since all the # for Europe seem to be pretty high, and the October cut off was pretty high as well (8.000), do you think the next visa bulletin will show significantly higher numbers for November? I know we can assume n think what we want, and it might not necessarily be correct, but I'd just like to get your opinion on that!
Oh and another question: is it random that we get the CN number we get, or do you think it's allocated somehow?
Please clarify your last question.

hey all,

congrats to all the winners.

My no is 00008xxx which seems to be a lucky one?

I was wondering if it's likely ill be interviewed in Oct/Nov? And if it all goes OK, when can I actually enter the US?

thanks

hey all,

congrats to all the winners.

My no is 00008xxx which seems to be a lucky one?

I was wondering if it's likely ill be interviewed in Oct/Nov? And if it all goes OK, when can I actually enter the US?

thanks

The cut off for November was EU8000 - so you should be scheduled for November. Assuming you get your visa you could in theory enter the next day. So - you could be there for Thanksgiving!

Please clarify your last question.

I mean with all the conspiracy theories you guys are talking about (I'm not mocking, I actually thing some of it might be true), I'm wondering if the Case Numbers are allocated to us based on some criteria, or is it a random selection?

Hi Britsimon,

What do you mean by "Assuming you get your visa you could in theory enter the next day"?

Thank you!

The cut off for November was EU8000 - so you should be scheduled for November. Assuming you get your visa you could in theory enter the next day. So - you could be there for Thanksgiving!

Thanks, that is what I was looking for :)

Interesting thing, when I look for e.g. look at the numbers for Germany the issued visas are less then 50% from the total published winners. How would explain someone that except disqualification or that people never sent the forms?

Thanks, that is what I was looking for :)

Interesting thing, when I look for e.g. look at the numbers for Germany the issued visas are less then 50% from the total published winners. How would explain someone that except disqualification or that people never sent the forms?

I think LOTS of people don't proceed with the process. To many people, even those with experience/money/skills, the idea of moving to another country is a daunting prospect. So while for many it might be a bit of fun to enter the lottery they may find it is too big a step to take.

There will also be some that are not qualified on education or work grounds because they didn't understand the rules. For instance until this year, the compulsory school attendance age in the UK was 16 (it is now being extended). Further education beyond that was optional, but that would mean many from the UK would have a hard time meeting the US High school level needed. Other countries could be the same.

Bottom line, MANY people don't complete the process and that is precisely why so many are chosen for so few visas.

Hi all,

congratulations to all the winners! and have a lot of luck!

my case number is: 00013XXX - i have sent my first forms already to Kentucky, but still i did not get any letter or interview day information? When will i get this?

Thanks!