• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Well firstly, can you confirm that you entered as single and sent the forms in originally as single. That is most important given that you only just got married.

Now then, they will be naturally suspicious of your marriage, so you will need to prove that it is genuine. Be prepared to prove the relationship existed prior to the lottery win and that the marriage was "real". As long as the relationship can be proven the it should be fine....

We are in a realtionship since 2010 so thats not a problem, and yes we sent application as single.

Are you both listed on the interview letter you received? If you're not both listed, that's the 1st major obstacle you will need to overcome since the embassy will be expecting only one person to show up. If that is the case, you might also want to follow up with the embassy on your new marital status before the interview date.

On interview letter is only her name cause at a moment of scheduling interview we did not report marital status change. Do you think we should send email to embassy an inform them about status change or sent them ds230 part1&2 for me and ds230 part 1 for my wife?

On interview letter is only her name cause at a moment of scheduling interview we did not report marital status change. Do you think we should send email to embassy an inform them about status change or sent them ds230 part1&2 for me and ds230 part 1 for my wife?

You guys should have gotten married and sent updated documents to KCC way before being current or scheduled for interview. You left it a bit too late IMO. At this point in time there's no guarantee or anyway of knowing if KCC will forward your new sets of documents to the embassy once the interview is scheduled and the initial documents forwarded. Since you're not listed on the interview letter, I don't see how you will be allowed into the embassy on Feb. 6th if the embassy is not expecting you.

At this point in time, your spouse may want to email the embassy and let them know of her change in status. Attach new sets of forms to the email being sent to the embassy, with a copy of your marriage certificate. Also inform the embassy that your name is not on the interview letter sent out and ask for their suggestion on what to do. You should also let them know you've already sent updated forms to the KCC.

You guys should have gotten married and sent updated documents to KCC way before being current or scheduled for interview. You left it a bit too late IMO. At this point in time there's no guarantee or anyway of knowing if KCC will forward your new sets of documents to the embassy once the interview is scheduled and the initial documents forwarded. Since you're not listed on the interview letter, I don't see how you will be allowed into the embassy on Feb. 6th if the embassy is not expecting you.

At this point in time, your spouse may want to email the embassy and let them know of her change in status. Attach new sets of forms to the email being sent to the embassy, with a copy of your marriage certificate. Also inform the embassy that your name is not on the interview letter sent out and ask for their suggestion on what to do. You should also let them know you've already sent updated forms to the KCC.

By your opinion do you think the result of this could be failing to receive visa (green card)? :(

By your opinion do you think the result of this could be failing to receive visa (green card)? :(

Honestly speaking, my opinion on the eventual outcome is irrelevant. But since you asked, I will let you know what I think (bear in mind though, I could be totally wrong).

If your wife continues with the processing alone, of course she's likely to be issued with a visa, since she's being expected. However, if you both decide to show up for the interview without trying to get things cleared with KCC and the embassy, and by some miraculous means you're granted access into the embassy, the possibility of you both being denied are a lot higher IMO.

Right now, I don't think all hope is lost. You should actually give KCC a call in addition to contacting the embassy as previously suggested. Find out if they've processed the new set of forms you sent in and forwarded them to the embassy. Your wife should also let them know she's received her IL and you're not listed as a beneficiary on it. Don't just throw in the towel at the moment, pursue all available options before the interview date.

Honestly speaking, my opinion on the eventual outcome is irrelevant. But since you asked, I will let you know what I think (bear in mind though, I could be totally wrong).

If your wife continues with the processing alone, of course she's likely to be issued with a visa, since she's being expected. However, if you both decide to show up for the interview without trying to get things cleared with KCC and the embassy, and by some miraculous means you're granted access into the embassy, the possibility of you both being denied are a lot higher IMO.

Right now, I don't think all hope is lost. You should actually give KCC a call in addition to contacting the embassy as previously suggested. Find out if they've processed the new set of forms you sent in and forwarded them to the embassy. Your wife should also let them know she's received her IL and you're not listed as a beneficiary on it. Don't just throw in the towel at the moment, pursue all available options before the interview date.

A very good advice/suggestion,if not the best option.

No you cannot jeopardise your DV chance - there is no requirement in the DV process that says you cannot be seeking or on some other type of visa - in fact there is a special process (adjustment of status or AOS) that allows exactly that, and there are DV selectees going through AOS at the moment.

However, the DV lottery application MAY impact the E-2. The E-2 visa is not a dual intent visa. So at the time you start the E-2 process you should not have already shown intent to immigrate to the US. Your DV application does indeed show immigrant intent - not at the point you enter the lottery but at the point you submitted the 122/230 forms after selection. This is EXACTLy the scenario that Raevsky always warned about - that submitting the 122/230 forms has impact.

Now, some people have managed to get temporary visas while a DV application is in process (SusieQQQ did) BUT those are the visitor visas (like B1/B2) which are much less of an issue as long as you can show ties back to your home country.

So - you need to tread carefully. I assume you have a lawyer working on the E-2 side - if not, I suggest you speak to one and check what he/she thinks about the fact that you have shown immigrant intent and the impact on a possible E-2 application.

Thanks Simon again,it´s means a lot to me to hear other opinions.
And yes,we need a very good lawyer for so delicate problem,we're going now in January to a lawyer in Germany and maybe in Florida too(where the company is).
However it is a good idea to get temporary visas like B1/B2.
Anyway this year we will certainly leaving,it's a matter of time. :)
Other opinions are always welcome.:rolleyes:

If going down the investor route via an E2 is a financially viable option for you, I would recommend you go down that path.
As honestly I can't see EU49k to get to interview stage...we are EU35k and think we are borderline!
So it is great news that you seem to be having a plan on how to get your foot into the US via a business investment.
Just see the DV as a (remote) chance to rid yourselves of any future requirements that you would have while maintaining E2 status (i.e. proving that your business is successful and renewing visa every 5 years, etc).

Thank you,
I always have a backup plan.
The only thing :I'm not really a patient person when I want something :D

receiving the GC

hi everyone
im from Turkey. My husband is winner of DV 2014 and we ve got our temp. visa on the passports.

Up to end of May, we will arrive to US.
But we are just a little cofused about a one point.

After paying the $165 card fee,will our GC s be shipped to the specified address which my brother is living there?
If yes, is there any necessery us to be there, while card arrive? Im asking because we are not planing to stay longer than 10 days for our first visit of US.

Briefly;
1. When will the green cards be shipped? after payment or after we arrive to the US?
2. Can somebody else ,who live on the specified address, receive our cards ?

Do you have any information about this.

Thanks in advance.
Z.

hi everyone
im from Turkey. My husband is winner of DV 2014 and we ve got our temp. visa on the passports.

Up to end of May, we will arrive to US.
But we are just a little cofused about a one point.

After paying the $165 card fee,will our GC s be shipped to the specified address which my brother is living there?
If yes, is there any necessery us to be there, while card arrive? Im asking because we are not planing to stay longer than 10 days for our first visit of US.

Briefly;
1. When will the green cards be shipped? after payment or after we arrive to the US?
2. Can somebody else ,who live on the specified address, receive our cards ?

Do you have any information about this.

Thanks in advance.
Z.

1. it will take a few weeks after you arrive in the States assuming you have paid the fee.
2. Yes - as long as you are comfortable with them holding the cards for you.

1. it will take a few weeks after you arrive in the States assuming you have paid the fee.
2. Yes - as long as you are comfortable with them holding the cards for you.

Thx for the answer.

as I understand, for being shipped the cards, we should arrive to the US first, right?
PS: we paid the fee

Thank you,
I always have a backup plan.
The only thing :I'm not really a patient person when I want something :D

1. Your backup plan is the DV lottery. Your real plan is the investor visa.
2. You will need a LOT of patience, or in other words: Impatience won't get you anywhere (as THEY make the rules) ;)

First...thank you a lot your advices, second: we emailed KCC and they respond to us: the interview is scheduled and they are done with case processing and that we have to contact embassy, my sister called (she lives is USA) KCC and they told her that we just have to bring the updated documents for her (my wife) and forms for me to the interview. We also sent (last thursday) email to embassy to ask them what to do next and they still didnt answer, today is national holiday in Croatia so if they dont answer till wednesday we will call them.

We hope that everything will be ok and i will also post what was the outcome. Thanks once again.

Good luck and keep us posted!

First...thank you a lot your advices, second: we emailed KCC and they respond to us: the interview is scheduled and they are done with case processing and that we have to contact embassy, my sister called (she lives is USA) KCC and they told her that we just have to bring the updated documents for her (my wife) and forms for me to the interview. We also sent (last thursday) email to embassy to ask them what to do next and they still didnt answer, today is national holiday in Croatia so if they dont answer till wednesday we will call them.

We hope that everything will be ok and i will also post what was the outcome. Thanks once again.

Good luck and keep us posted!

So we still didnt get an email from embassy but we called them today and they told us that there is no problem to put me on my wife's case and all i have to do is to bring all necessary documents on our interview, the guy that we talked to also said that we will get an written answer or a call from embassy from his colleague (monday) to tell us everything we need to do/know. I told my wife to ask how can I enter in embassy if i'm not scheduled for interview (Sm1smon thanks for pointing that), so we will see what will they say, i think they will probably put me on the list for dv interviews for that day.