• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

So we still didnt get an email from embassy but we called them today and they told us that there is no problem to put me on my wife's case and all i have to do is to bring all necessary documents on our interview, the guy that we talked to also said that we will get an written answer or a call from embassy from his colleague (monday) to tell us everything we need to do/know. I told my wife to ask how can I enter in embassy if i'm not scheduled for interview (Sm1smon thanks for pointing that), so we will see what will they say, i think they will probably put me on the list for dv interviews for that day.

Fingers crossed for you. I'm sure some embassies are a bit more relaxed about arriving with someone who has an appointment, but in London the other day at least there was no way in unless you had an appointment.

So we still didnt get an email from embassy but we called them today and they told us that there is no problem to put me on my wife's case and all i have to do is to bring all necessary documents on our interview, the guy that we talked to also said that we will get an written answer or a call from embassy from his colleague (monday) to tell us everything we need to do/know. I told my wife to ask how can I enter in embassy if i'm not scheduled for interview (Sm1smon thanks for pointing that), so we will see what will they say, i think they will probably put me on the list for dv interviews for that day.

Since you've brought your case to their attention, it sounds like they may be making arrangement to include your name on the list of expected guests on the day of your interview, so fingers crossed for you!

Hello britsimon. Any news with your H1 visa? Are you in US already?

I relocated in November last year to California (with H1B), so I've been too busy to read this forum. But now I'm back. I've seen the cut-off for March is 20,050. When do you think we'll receive the invitation? (we have almost the same numbers)

It's been only 2 months since the big move, but I already love California and US. I wish you (all of you) to come soon and follow the dream. :)

Guys, since my predictions record has been impeccably perfect, I know that all of you are at the edge of your seat waiting in anticipation for my next prediction. Well here it is and enjoy:

April: 23,700
May: 27,800
June: 32,000
July: 36,000
August: 40,000
September: current

Hello britsimon. Any news with your H1 visa? Are you in US already?

I relocated in November last year to California (with H1B), so I've been too busy to read this forum. But now I'm back. I've seen the cut-off for March is 20,050. When do you think we'll receive the invitation? (we have almost the same numbers)

It's been only 2 months since the big move, but I already love California and US. I wish you (all of you) to come soon and follow the dream. :)

Hi Alex, Yeah I finally got my H1 - just sorting a few things out and I expect to move in the next few weeks. My H1 is to work with my brother, but I was also considering a job offer in San Fran. However the SF project is on hold so I am tossing a coin between settling in SF East Bay just as planned (which will then mean some travel) or base myself and the derivatives where my next contract is (as long as it is warm). So things are a bit up in the air at the moment - but it's all good and I expect to make a call on that within a couple of weeks...

Hi Alex, Yeah I finally got my H1 - just sorting a few things out and I expect to move in the next few weeks. My H1 is to work with my brother, but I was also considering a job offer in San Fran. However the SF project is on hold so I am tossing a coin between settling in SF East Bay just as planned (which will then mean some travel) or base myself and the derivatives where my next contract is (as long as it is warm). So things are a bit up in the air at the moment - but it's all good and I expect to make a call on that within a couple of weeks...

See you in Florida then. Move to Aventura ......

Since you've brought your case to their attention, it sounds like they may be making arrangement to include your name on the list of expected guests on the day of your interview, so fingers crossed for you!

once again thank you a lot for advices, if they tell us anything new on monday i will let you know.

Fingers crossed for you. I'm sure some embassies are a bit more relaxed about arriving with someone who has an appointment, but in London the other day at least there was no way in unless you had an appointment.

thank you britsimon, this year "my" embassy gave only 18 iv from dv so i'm hoping they are more relaxed than embassy in London :)

Ok first post,

first off, i'm impressed with the enegry and the devotion that some people here show to help others... Well done guys!

As far as myself, i have a case number of EU000408xx and would like some views οn how probable is to get an appointment with that number.

50%? less? more?

I'm a bit confused beacuse i've came through a few pages of the forum... and there is a great disparity between opinions. Some people think that EU35000 wont be enough... while other give hope to people with EU50000.

So i'm like... what's going on... is the DVL system so complicated to predict? or just some people try to be soft and not let others without hope?

Ok first post,

first off, i'm impressed with the enegry and the devotion that some people here show to help others... Well done guys!

As far as myself, i have a case number of EU000408xx and would like some views οn how probable is to get an appointment with that number.

50%? less? more?

I'm a bit confused beacuse i've came through a few pages of the forum... and there is a great disparity between opinions. Some people think that EU35000 wont be enough... while other give hope to people with EU50000.

So i'm like... what's going on... is the DVL system so complicated to predict? or just some people try to be soft and not let others without hope?

Hi k160,

Welcome to the forum - sounds like you have been reading well enough so that is good. Yes your number is on the high end. but yes it is very difficult to predict. There are a number of factors that make it hard.

The case numbers are not consecutive, so we aren't certain how many selectees (or family members) there are below your number.
The quotas between the regions are not published so we are guessing those.
The response and success rates vary year to year so we don't know how many of the 46k Europeans will even apply after winning or how many will be approved at interview.
We are not sure whether the global limit is 50k or something nearer 55k. Remember there are 140k people selected (much more than previous years).
The list of unknowns goes on...

There are roughly three camps interested in estimating (guessing really). At the low end is Raevsky at the high end there is Sloner and just about everyone else is in he middle (myself included)

Since our recent discussions about NACARA (which could increase the available visas to over 50k globally) Raevsky (one of the most experience guessers) has increased his estimates so his highest number is now in the high 30's. Sloner has maintained everyone will be happy pretty much from the beginning and has refused to budge even in the face of mountains of logic. Personally I am hopeful that the cutoff will be in the early 40's so I think your chance is better than 50%. In the end none of us know for sure, all we can do is watch the visa bulletins. The final VB that affects DV2014 will be published around mid July, so we have some tense moments until then...

Best of luck to you!

K160 welcome a board
You got the best answer in the univers above from simon .
Now just fasten your seat-belt and be ready to fly with us :)

About EU numbers I must agree with Raevsky.
My estimate: I think final EUROPEAN CN will be around 37K with NACARA.
Without NACARA 35K

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, since my predictions record has been impeccably perfect, I know that all of you are at the edge of your seat waiting in anticipation for my next prediction. Well here it is and enjoy:

April: 23,700
May: 27,800
June: 32,000
July: 36,000
August: 40,000
September: current

Hmm, really not liking your predictions, buddy. If this DV follows in the footsteps of DV2011, there is a chance I can get current in May. At this point, I'm not so sure of going the AOS route and thinking of going through Consular Processing :\