• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Hi all,
Just joined this forum and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Alex, living for the moment in Bucharest, Romania. I work in some high-tech industry and should relocate to USA soon based on just issued H1B visa. I've been selected in DV 2104 program, my case number being 2014EU00030XXX (dangerously high I would say).
Hi. the interview will be in April-may.
Raevsky estimates the EU cutoff at between 32k and 38k this year.
these calculations are not correct. he gives a lot of false information.

Thanks a lot britsimon, tons of info there, indeed... :)

Here is a quote from AOS 2014 thread:

"All 2014 diversity visas have to be distributed between October 1st, 2013 and September 30th, 2014. No exceptions. If you don't get an interview until September 30th, you don't get a green card."
"You need to make a decision whether you want to do AOS in US, or go back to your country and do CP, because AOS is considerably slower than CP. People who are current in a given month may get their interviews in that month or the following month in Consular Processing; whereas in AOS you wait for an average of 60-90 days after you send your package to USCIS. That means that while you are waiting for your turn, people in your country/region whose case numbers are behind you are getting their visas before you. If you have a high CN (and also possibly from a country with low number of selectees), it is advisable to do CP."

So CP seems safer in my case, however I'll further investigate the AOS path. Once in US I plan to save vacation days for the next summer, when hopefully I'll get the invitation for interview.

"All 2014 diversity visas have to be distributed between October 1st, 2013 and September 30th, 2014. No exceptions. If you don't get an interview until September 30th, you don't get a green card."
"You need to make a decision whether you want to do AOS in US, or go back to your country and do CP, because AOS is considerably slower than CP. People who are current in a given month may get their interviews in that month or the following month in Consular Processing; whereas in AOS you wait for an average of 60-90 days after you send your package to USCIS. That means that while you are waiting for your turn, people in your country/region whose case numbers are behind you are getting their visas before you. If you have a high CN (and also possibly from a country with low number of selectees), it is advisable to do CP."

So CP seems safer in my case, however I'll further investigate the AOS path. Once in US I plan to save vacation days for the next summer, when hopefully I'll get the invitation for interview.

Yep that is accurate. Some or even most of the 60 to 90 days is before the current date, based on the memo which I mentioned earlier (which essentially reaffirmed or strengthened slightly what was already the case). Your number is just below mine and we will probably both be in the USA. The point about other people getting visas while you wait is a real point although if you time things well you should be interviewed at almost the same time as CP (slightly depends on the FO you choose I think).

I am going to weigh up the CP vs aos decision once we start seeing some more visa bulletins. CP is probably the less risky route, but will be hassle from the travelling point of view.

By the way Alex, you can see a lot of people have dates in their sig. Looking at the DV2013 aos you can get an idea of the process flow. For instance look up the member Etiuda - EU current in May (probably like us) and has interview in June. There are other similar (some shorter, some longer, timelines). So basically if numbers are moving fast and I think I'll be current in May or before, then I think aos is safe. June is borderline, July and beyond is more risk than I would want to take.

There is a memo that states you can submit your aos paperwork once the VB announces your number will be current in the following month. However, the interview will happen only when the number is actually current.

There are a couple of threads here with a HUGE amount of AOS info. There is also a spreadsheet with the process, forms to submit and so on. You will find you will be adopted by "Sm1smom" (as long as you are polite!) and she and others will guide you...

Check out this thread http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557035-DV-2014-AOS-Only

The 2013 version also has lots of info.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548095-DV-2013-AOS-Only

Awww, common Simon, you make me sound like some sort of mean bulldog :( when I'm really more of a chihuahua :rolleyes: all bark and no bite :cool:

Awww, common Simon, you make me sound like some sort of mean bulldog :( when I'm really more of a chihuahua :rolleyes: all bark and no bite :cool:

LOL - no dog comparisons in my mind - just want to make sure what a valuable resource you are and not to be too cheeky! :)

Yep that is accurate. Some or even most of the 60 to 90 days is before the current date, based on the memo which I mentioned earlier (which essentially reaffirmed or strengthened slightly what was already the case). Your number is just below mine and we will probably both be in the USA. The point about other people getting visas while you wait is a real point although if you time things well you should be interviewed at almost the same time as CP (slightly depends on the FO you choose I think).

I am going to weigh up the CP vs aos decision once we start seeing some more visa bulletins. CP is probably the less risky route, but will be hassle from the travelling point of view.

This article, The Importance, for Green Card “DV Lottery” Winners of Filing for AOS in the U.S., Rather Than Risking Denial At A U.S. Consulate Overseas might make for a good reading for you guys as you ruminate on whether to go CP or AOS:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/the-importance-for-green-card-dv-lottery-winners-of-filing-for-aos-in-the-us-rather-than-riski

Hi everyone,
For various reasons I have delayed my application: only sent the paperwork to the KCC in early September. (No postal confirmation yet, but that's no big deal.)
My question is: do you think that I should kiss my chance goodbye regarding the DV2014, or will it be processed duly, eventually with a reasonable interview date? (My CN is EU000164XX, if it has any importance anymore.)
Thanks if anyone willing to answer a stupid question of a sloth.
Kondoid

Hi everyone,
For various reasons I have delayed my application: only sent the paperwork to the KCC in early September. (No postal confirmation yet, but that's no big deal.)
My question is: do you think that I should kiss my chance goodbye regarding the DV2014, or will it be processed duly, eventually with a reasonable interview date? (My CN is EU000164XX, if it has any importance anymore.)
Thanks if anyone willing to answer a stupid question of a sloth.
Kondoid

Firstly no one gets a postal confirmation. If you ask them to confirm receipt, They will confirm by email (but it takes a few weeks) or by phone. However they won't even have opened your envelope yet - they are very behind. Just be patient for a couple of months before you call or email. As for your number it is a very good one. You should get your interview around January or Feb. Your late submission won't cost you any problems...

That part is incorrect. If you are from a country with a HIGH number of selectees you should try the route that gets your interview faster. Coming from a country with a low number of selectees makes it safer if the process has to take longer.

If you have a high CN (and also possibly from a country with low number of selectees), it is advisable to do CP."

That part is incorrect. If you are from a country with a HIGH number of selectees you should try the route that gets your interview faster. Coming from a country with a low number of selectees makes it safer if the process has to take longer.

Actually, the referenced post is correct to an extent. A couple of years back, a selectee with a high CN from Belize opted to do AOS. Belize typically has a LOW number of selectees. By the time this person attended his interview, he was told they had run out of visas for applicants from his country.

If you have a high CN (and also possibly from a country with low number of selectees), it is advisable to do CP."

Actually, the referenced post is correct to an extent. A couple of years back, a selectee with a high CN from Belize opted to do AOS. Belize typically has a LOW number of selectees. By the time this person attended his interview, he was told they had run out of visas for applicants from his country.

The only per country limit is the 7%. If you are from a low-selectee country there is a better chance that your country may not reach the 7% limit and you are better off.

The only per country limit is the 7%. If you are from a low-selectee country there is a better chance that your country may not reach the 7% limit and you are better off.

So are you saying those with high CNs from typically low-selectee countries do not run the risk of being out of visas if they opt to do AOS as against CP?

So are you saying those with high CNs from typically low-selectee countries do not run the risk of being out of visas if they opt to do AOS as against CP?

That's not what I'm saying.

Having a high CN is risky either way. But {high CN + low-selectee country} is better than {high CN + high-selectee country}.

What I'm saying is that coming from a country with a low number of selectees gives you more leeway compared to when coming from one with a high number of selectees. Because at least you do not have to worry about the individual country cut-off (like Egypt) or when you get to the interview you realize that your fellow countrymen have used up the whole 7%.

Hy,it´s me again. My husband plan to buy a company,did that affect my DV selection? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Another question:is somewhere on the forum ,which have been selected with high CN and not received interview?

Hy,it´s me again. My husband plan to buy a company,did that affect my DV selection? Does anyone have a similar experience?

That won't make any difference to the DV application one way or the other.

Another question:is somewhere on the forum ,which have been selected with high CN and not received interview?

I think we will have some of those stories in 12 months time (sadly). However, in recent lotteries this hasn't been a common occurrence.