• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sheez! Did you not see my previous response to your post? Sending an updated DSP-122 to KCC is a complete waste of time! USCIS doesn't give a hoot about the address on that form or the address on your DV payment receipt either. The only address they will use in communicating with you is whatever you have on the I-485 and the rest of the forms you're submitting. The new address is useless to KCC. But hey, what do I know!

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. So, you mean I do not have to inform KCC about change of address?

You do not have to wait until May 1st to send in your package, that was the requirement in the past. The new memo allows for a DV package to be submitted 2 months in advance, so if your CN is current in May, you can send off your package this month, but be aware of the possibility of it being returned. Most people have tried to play it safe by sending it one month in advance and most, if not all of those have been accepted without any issue. Some of those received 2 months early were rejected, a few of them were accepted. So you make your decision as to whether you wan to give the 2 months early filing a shot or not.

Thank your valuable input. In this case, to be in the safe side I will send the package to Chicago on April 1st.

Thanks again

Thank you for the input. So, you suggest I resend DSP-122 to KCC with my new address. I hope that will not cause any confusion as DSP-122 sent twice under the same case number. Or should I just contact them by phone or email before taking any action?

I simply emailed them saying that I moved to a different address and they confirmed that my form had been updated.

I have a question about financial support. How much money I should have on my account if we are family of four (but both of my children are USC )? And the same with the form I-134, do I need two forms ( one for me one for my husband) or four forms? How immigration count people? We are on f1/f2 visas.

I have a tremendous doubt. I was thinking of the information that I entered in the first application when I applied for DV-2014. Where it asked for residence, I put my home address as I was and am on F-1 status and therefore I was and still am a resident of where I am originally from. I don't believe I mentioned anywhere that I was here in the United States. Is this going to cause any problems?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a tremendous doubt. I was thinking of the information that I entered in the first application when I applied for DV-2014. Where it asked for residence, I put my home address as I was and am on F-1 status and therefore I was and still am a resident of where I am originally from. I don't believe I mentioned anywhere that I was here in the United States. Is this going to cause any problems?

That is not a problem as all. I did the same, practically you are not a US resident and your permanent residence is your home back home. It is up to you which address you enter, your temporary US address or your permanent home address.

That would have been an issue were the KCC was mailing the 1st notification letter but that is not happening any longer.

That is not a problem as all. I did the same, practically you are not a US resident and your permanent residence is your home back home. It is up to you which address you enter, your temporary US address or your permanent home address.

That would have been an issue were the KCC was mailing the 1st notification letter but that is not happening any longer.

Ok thank you urbanite!

For the last time, my suggestion is speak with an immigration attorney before you do anything! What you will be dealing with is much more than you sending in your pacakge 3 months earlier and waiting to see what happens. It's your call!!

Thank you mom , really you are so nice .

I-134 Sponsor Intent To Support Field (Item 11 on I-134 form)

Hello again, I had a quick question regarding how my sponsor on my I-134 form needs to answer field 11 on the I-134. It asks something like (I intend/I do not intend to support the alien in field 3). If he has to select "I intend" since he agreed to fill the form, what is a good amount and a good length of time for him to put down on the form for a single person such as myself.

Note: I am filling out I-134 just to cover my bases. I technically do not need financial support since I currently have a full time job and an H1-B employer sponsor who I will be starting with later this fall. Just want to fill this form out correctly. I appreciate any/all assistance.

Wanted to take a moment and thank you for creating this amazing forum that has answered so many questions regarding the tricky DV process particularly the DV AOS process (special thanks to Sm1smom who always replies promptly). Thanks again!

Hello,

I'm one of the selectee for DV. My number will be current in May. So, I will be submitting the package for AOS in April. I have question regarding the medical. I'm 6 months pregnant, and I do not want to take any kind of vaccinations. Will that be a problem or will it delay the process? Can the civil surgeon sign a waiver or something?

Thank you in advance,

The biggest tip that I can give to anybody, besides to chew every single word in mom's spreadsheet, is to have what I call a "shadow package". You will need to keep a complete copy of what you submitted. Both to be able to recreate everything if they lose your package, and to know exactly what you submitted. For that, do not mix your originals into the shadow package. Keep it as it was submitted. Put the originals in a separate pile.

My shadow package came in handy when the officer kept asking if we had submitted a copy of this or that; and I could immediately produce another copy. It is to your best interest to make their job easier, particularly at the time of the interview.

Congrats c1984 and thanks for sharing!

Hello,

I'm one of the selectee for DV. My number will be current in May. So, I will be submitting the package for AOS in April. I have question regarding the medical. I'm 6 months pregnant, and I do not want to take any kind of vaccinations. Will that be a problem or will it delay the process? Can the civil surgeon sign a waiver or something?

Thank you in advance,

The doctor will take the decision as to which vaccinations are or aren't safe to administer during pregnancy.

I couldn't find an answer on here, I did find something on the internet but I want to confirm this with you guys. On form G-325A where it asks for residence in the last five years, do I still add all the addresses I lived at while I was on F-1 here in the US?
On I-485 in the box that asks for the organizations, I have a membership with AOPA-Aircraft owners and pilots association for which I paid a fee and get magazines from. Is such organization supposed to be listed?

Thank you for your inquiry.*

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status.* The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants.* To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact the USCIS website*http://www.uscis.gov**to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using INFO Pass. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin atwww.travel.state.gov*to view the current case numbers being processed.* This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person directly to the Department of State.* This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. If you are not approved for your visa or are not granted an interview, this fee cannot be refunded to you under any circumstances.* Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.*

U.S. Department of State

Diversity Visa Program

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri**63197-9000

Also, please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC.* Question 4 of this form states: Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application. When adjusting status with the Citizenship and Immigration Service, please list the address of your local CIS office. This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you.

Is this a 2 notification letter? Do I have to go to uscis? Just I must send the documents to Chicago lock box?

Thank you for your inquiry.*

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status.* The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants.* To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact the USCIS website*http://www.uscis.gov**to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using INFO Pass. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin atwww.travel.state.gov*to view the current case numbers being processed.* This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person directly to the Department of State.* This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. If you are not approved for your visa or are not granted an interview, this fee cannot be refunded to you under any circumstances.* Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.*

U.S. Department of State

Diversity Visa Program

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri**63197-9000

Also, please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC.* Question 4 of this form states: Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application. When adjusting status with the Citizenship and Immigration Service, please list the address of your local CIS office. This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you.

Is this a 2 notification letter? Do I have to go to uscis? Just I must send the documents to Chicago lock box?

No, if you're doing AOS, the 2NL will start with "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)."

Hi everybody,
I am about to send my package to Chicago. I have a question....In the section Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status it says "Where applicable, you must include a copy of the Form I-797C Notice of Approval, showing that your Form I-130 or Form I-360 was accepted or approved"
However, since I am under a H1B visa (it will expire June 2015), what I will need to provide is the Form I-797A Notice of Action, right?
Another question...do I need to submit copies of my previous J1 visas?
Thanks,
PAU1

I couldn't find an answer on here, I did find something on the internet but I want to confirm this with you guys. On form G-325A where it asks for residence in the last five years, do I still add all the addresses I lived at while I was on F-1 here in the US?
On I-485 in the box that asks for the organizations, I have a membership with AOPA-Aircraft owners and pilots association for which I paid a fee and get magazines from. Is such organization supposed to be listed?

Yes, list the full addresses you have lived in US in the past 5 years.

As for the membership to any organization it is really up to you. That is pretty minor IMHO

I have a question about financial support. How much money I should have on my account if we are family of four (but both of my children are USC )? And the same with the form I-134, do I need two forms ( one for me one for my husband) or four forms? How immigration count people? We are on f1/f2 visas.

For a family of 4, if you can demonstrate an income level of about $24,000, as required by the 2014 Poverty Guidelines, you should be okay. If you're using an I-134, you need to have one issued out by the sponsor to the main applicant, however you can make an extra copy of that form for your spouse. A different affidavit of support is not required to be issued out to whoever is the beneficiary in your case.

The address used on the eDV application is irrelevant at this point, so don't even stress about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.