• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may show the accounts in your home country, I just don't know how much weight the IO will accord such, especially your parents' account since you're married. It's not quite the same as being single and having your parents sponsoring your education in the US. Again, I suggest you do all you can to get an I-130, but if you can't get one, then you just have to attend the interview with whatever you have and hope for the best.

Thank you so much Sm1smom,

Do you think is it possible to show both my wife and my parents bank account statement in our country?? My bank amount now is less than $10,000.00 and my interview is coming in the beginning of next month. My parents told me transferring $$ to my US bank account may take a long time. (They might have their problems...)

Thank you for your reply:)

Hi guys , I have a question for you ,
I,m the principal applicant with status expiring in June , but my wife she is overstay visa is that a problem to have her appliying with me ????????

To F-1 students: I applied for a new EAD card about a month ago and it got approved, even though I had already paid the $330 dv fee.

Hi guys , I have a question for you ,
I,m the principal applicant with status expiring in June , but my wife she is overstay visa is that a problem to have her appliying with me ????????

That unfortunately is another problem for you. She will not be able to adjust status with an over-stay record, assuming your own AOS package is accepted and USCIS issues an acceptance receipt before your own status expires. She's facing either 3 or 10 year ban depending on the length of over-stay.

That unfortunately is another problem for you. She will not be able to adjust status with an over-stay record, assuming your own AOS package is accepted and USCIS issues an acceptance receipt before your own status expires. She's facing either 3 or 10 year ban depending on the length of over-stay.

Thank you mom , really I don't know what to do , even with my kid born here that not going to help .

You should schedule an exploratory meeting with a DV knowledgeable lawyer to find out what your options are. I honestly don't think this is a process you should be undertaking on your own given all the issues involved with your case. I know getting a lawyer involved will cost you some money, but honestly speaking, you wouldn't get the ideal solution from a forum such as this.

Good luck!

Thank you mom , really I don't know what to do , even with my kid born here that not going to help .

You should schedule an exploratory meeting with a DV knowledgeable lawyer to find out what your options are. I honestly don't think this is a process you should be undertaking on your own given all the issues involved with your case. I know getting a lawyer involved will cost you some money, but honestly speaking, you wouldn't get the ideal solution from a forum such as this.

Good luck!
Do you know any good lawyer mom , here in boston if you are from here or any one of you guys ?????
Thank you all of you , I hope all of us get this GC

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a specific lawyer to you, but you can start by checking the AILA (American Immigration Association Lawyers) website. Here's the link to their find a lawyer section which you can use to locate a couple of them to start with:

http://www.ailalawyer.com/

Do you know any good lawyer mom , here in boston if you are from here or any one of you guys ?????

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a specific lawyer to you, but you can start by checking the AILA (American Immigration Association Lawyers) website. Here's the link to their find a lawyer section which you can use to locate a couple of them to start with:

http://www.ailalawyer.com/

But just to emphasize what sm1smom mentioned earlier, make sure you find someone with experience in DV AOS specifically - as that Australian lady's story earlier in the thread showed, the wrong immigration lawyer can be disastrous.

As Sm1smom said, no one can really recommend a lawyer, especially in DV cases. You may refer to avvo.com. I have no idea to what extent you can trust them but whenever I asked a question in avvo.com, their answers were sound.
I just browsed the website and came across this link:
www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/diversity-lottery
You may try the website by asking the lawyers.
Again, I can't really endorse anybody/anything, I just shared my little info with you. You should shop a lawyer wisely to ensure he/she is completely familiar with DV cases (and preferably have some successful records on that).
Good luck :)

@Sm1smom: please provide a comment on the information I provided here. You are an expert here.

Oh yeah, that's great information you provided. Avvo.com is a great source too.

As Sm1smom said, no one can really recommend a lawyer, especially in DV cases. You may refer to avvo.com. I have no idea to what extent you can trust them but whenever I asked a question in avvo.com, their answers were sound.
I just browsed the website and came across this link:
www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/diversity-lottery
You may try the website by asking the lawyers.
Again, I can't really endorse anybody/anything, I just shared my little info with you. You should shop a lawyer wisely to ensure he/she is completely familiar with DV cases (and preferably have some successful records on that).
Good luck :)

@Sm1smom: please provide a comment on the information I provided here. You are an expert here.

Thank you so much Aria , Mom , SusieQQQ , all of you wonderful .
I,m planing to send package earlier by 3 months , and see what happen

High CN and AOS

Hi. My case number 2014AF81*** is very high and it seems that my number will be current in September because of this year's slow progression. Will I have any chance being successful doing AOS ? Does anyone know the processing time from sending form I-485 to getting an interview date and getting approved ? How to proceed with such high CN and being current in September?

Thank you so much Aria , Mom , SusieQQQ , all of you wonderful .
I,m planing to send package earlier by 3 months , and see what happen

For the last time, my suggestion is speak with an immigration attorney before you do anything! What you will be dealing with is much more than you sending in your pacakge 3 months earlier and waiting to see what happens. It's your call!!

Hi. My case number 2014AF81*** is very high and it seems that my number will be current in September because of this year's slow progression. Will I have any chance being successful doing AOS ? Does anyone know the processing time from sending form I-485 to getting an interview date and getting approved ? How to proceed with such high CN and being current in September?

1. Look at my response in post #2664, it's a response to questions similar to what you're asking
2. Go to page one of this thread and read the 1st post there (if you haven't already). There's a link to a spreadsheet explaining the AOS process and other useful information
3. Go through the DV timelines (links also on the spreadsheet) to get an idea of the processing time applicable to your FO
3. Spend some time going through the last couple of pages on the DV 2013 and 2013 threads to read the experiences of past DV winners doing AOS who became current in Sept.

Hey peeps

Im trying to get a sense of how long between sending the AOS package to interview date its taking for the New York office? I had a look at the google spreadsheet but there is scant information entered for New York. Just Alisa and Temiroff which are incomplete.

If anyone has had their interview in New York can you please let me know how many days elapsed between sending the AOS package to Chicago and the date of your interview. I have a high CN and Im trying to get a sense whether processing will be possible if I become current in July-September.

Obviously sending the package in early due to the uscis memo will help a great deal but if Im current in September will shooting off my AOS package after the VB comes out around 10 July give me enough time to be processed by Sept 30? That is the big question...

Hello! I am Alisa from the spreadsheet and live in New York:) I was current in November. I've done biometrics Dec 18 and haven't gotten interview letter yet. Went to Infopass to find out what's going on. All i could get was "You have to wait up to 9 months, your case processing is similar to marriage cases". Arguing was useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.