• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Policy Memorandum

Hello,

My CN is 2014EU00028XXX and my number will be current in May; so I started putting all documents together. My question is, do I have to wait till May 1st to send the package to Chicago or can I just send it once I complete all papers and medical probably by next week? According to the new memo, I think I can send it but my lawyer-to-be friend is telling to wait till May 1st. I got little confused.

Thanks,

Hello,

My CN is 2014EU00028XXX and my number will be current in May; so I started putting all documents together. My question is, do I have to wait till May 1st to send the package to Chicago or can I just send it once I complete all papers and medical probably by next week? According to the new memo, I think I can send it but my lawyer-to-be friend is telling to wait till May 1st. I got little confused.

Thanks,

Forget about your lawyer !
Just wait for moms to pop around, she will guide you through your process, and she will provide you the best help in earth :)

Thank you for the input. So, you suggest I resend DSP-122 to KCC with my new address. I hope that will not cause any confusion as DSP-122 sent twice under the same case number. Or should I just contact them by phone or email before taking any action?

For sheez! Did you not see my previous response to your post? Sending an updated DSP-122 to KCC is a complete waste of time! USCIS doesn't give a hoot about the address on that form or the address on your DV payment receipt either. The only address they will use in communicating with you is whatever you have on the I-485 and the rest of the forms you're submitting. The new address is useless to KCC. But hey, what do I know!

Hello,

Thanks,

You do not have to wait until May 1st to send in your package, that was the requirement in the past. The new memo allows for a DV package to be submitted 2 months in advance, so if your CN is current in May, you can send off your package this month, but be aware of the possibility of it being returned. Most people have tried to play it safe by sending it one month in advance and most, if not all of those have been accepted without any issue. Some of those received 2 months early were rejected, a few of them were accepted. So you make your decision as to whether you wan to give the 2 months early filing a shot or not.

Hi all,
I am one of the Asian 2104 selectees and my CN is 2014AS00019xxx. Based on the visa bulletin it seems that my chance to get a interview is so weak, and based on that I have 2 questions.

1- Comparing this year with previous years do I have chance to get an interview? if yes what is the percentage for that.

2- I have not pay the DV lottery fee yet because I don't want to loose money if I don't have chance. My question here, is there a specific time for starting this process or I can do it at any time during the fiscal year.
thanks

Tackling the 2nd part of your post only:

There's no specific or mandated time for starting the process, you just decide how soon you want to get started on putting your documents together bearing in mind that the whole process including being approved for the GC has to happen by the last day of the applicable FY, and lack of certain documents such as the DV payment receipt (which could take 4-6 weeks to be received) or the medical exam will prevent the IO from making a final decision on your case.

Affidavit of Support

Hello,

My number will be current in May AS5XXX.
So I am going to submit I485 package to USCIS Chicago lockbox through Fedex as soon as my package is ready.

Before sending those, I want to make sure I don't have to submit I-134.
I'm currently in the US with student visa with OPT card. I just started to work end of last month and didn't receive any money yet.

However I have an employment letter from my employee which shows I am full timer
I prepared to submit my bank statement which I have little less than $10000 and my bank statement in my home county and my parent's bank statement both in English along with letter from my parent with signature shows he will support me financially in need.

If I can submit those, is this okay not to submit 1-134?

Also, I am thinking to file 1-485 with memorandum which is about the timing to file documents in front.

Please give me an advice.
Thank you very much in advance.

Say what? The instruction for form I-134 clearly says "ANY of the documents", so I attached the sponsor's bank statement along with the form. I think it must be enough. And nothing is said about the proof of citizenship either. Can't they check it in their almighty systems? LOL
Honestly, I am starting to worry.

QUOTE=Aria;2684242]Dear Fiefia ;)

Yeah, you should be safe. My officer asked me for W2s and Tax returns of the past three years of the sponsor as well.
I know people are not willing to provide such documents to you and I and it's a pain in the butt to convince people to do so, but if you can convince your sponsor to provide you the mentioned documents, that would be good. Also, you should have a copy of sponsor's Green card or if a he/she is a citizen, the citizenship proof (e.g. front page of the passport).
I'll keep you about my case as well.[/QUOTE]

stdsotthe

Say what? The instruction for form I-134 clearly says "ANY of the documents", so I attached the sponsor's bank statement along with the form. I think it must be enough. And nothing is said about the proof of citizenship either. Can't they check it in their almighty systems? LOL

Yeah, you should be safe. My officer asked me for W2s and Tax returns of the past three years of the sponsor as well.
I know people are not willing to provide such documents to you and I and it's a pain in the butt to convince people to do so, but if you can convince your sponsor to provide you the mentioned documents, that would be good. Also, you should have a copy of sponsor's Green card or if a he/she is a citizen, the citizenship proof (e.g. front page of the passport).
I'll keep you about my case as well.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply.

However, my parents is not US citizen.
Should I ask my employer to write any other paper for me?
I am little confused only those are okay or not?

-employment letter
-my bank statement in the US less than $10000
-my bank statement in Japan less than $10000
-parent bank statement in Japan with letter from parents

Thank you, again.

If you're not quite decided on which process you'll be doing, I don't think there's anything you can do per se to save on time. But if you don't mind mind the possibity of paying for the same thing twice, then you can send in your DV payment to DOS, you can also get the medical out of the way.

Just be aware that if you decide to do CP later on you will need to redo the medical in your home country and you will have to pay the DV fee again at the applicable US embassy in your home country or where ever it is you're doing CP.

Thanks for the advice, I will probably go ahead and pay the fees as if going for AOS.
In the event I don't get the H1B, and remain on F1 what would be less risky (assuming time is not an issue)?

Have a good one!

Has anyone out there in AOS land actually changed from AOS to CP processing? Did it cause any problems or delays for you? How long did the process take for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll keep you about my case as well.
[/QUOTE]

Yes Fiefia, you do need a form of ID from whoever is providing you with the I-130. Regarding supporting documents, although the form says 'ANY' it's always a good idea to request more than one of those. An ideal one to always have is the W2 or IRS tax returns, they need to know the sponsor's source(s) of income, a bank account doesn't paint the whole picture.

Hello, Sm1smom

I guess I misunderstood... fiefia's reply was not for me.

If you have time, please give me some advice about my concern of I-134.
Thank you,

Yes Fiefia, you do need a form of ID from whoever is providing you with the I-130. Regarding supporting documents, although the form says 'ANY' it's always a good idea to request more than one of those. An ideal one to always have is the W2 or IRS tax returns, they need to know the sponsor's source(s) of income, a bank account doesn't paint the whole picture.[/QUOTE]

Hi everyone,

I am trying to send my AOS package to Chicago lockbox for my DV case number that has become current in April. I saw the list of forms and documents that AOS package should include in the google document that you guys have put together. But, I was just wondering whether all those documents in the list are required to be included with the package or we need to take those documents during the interview? For example, I am an F-1 student currently and do I need to include copies of my current and past I-20s, enrollment verification and all the other documents listed as employment documents and evidence of financial support now with the AOS package or I need to take those documents during interview? Two more trivial questions, my wife is also applying with me for AOS so do I put her AOS package in the same envelope with mine and do I need to make two separate check of 1070 each for me and my wife ? Thank you so much for your help.

Hey everyone,
I have got a question regarding the receiving interview letter? How long should be we expecting to receive it after Bio? I have checked the timeline and found it is very different from 4 days to more than 100 days. I was wondering why?
Thanks

Hey peeps

Im trying to get a sense of how long between sending the AOS package to interview date its taking for the New York office? I had a look at the google spreadsheet but there is scant information entered for New York. Just Alisa and Temiroff which are incomplete.

If anyone has had their interview in New York can you please let me know how many days elapsed between sending the AOS package to Chicago and the date of your interview. I have a high CN and Im trying to get a sense whether processing will be possible if I become current in July-September.

Obviously sending the package in early due to the uscis memo will help a great deal but if Im current in September will shooting off my AOS package after the VB comes out around 10 July give me enough time to be processed by Sept 30? That is the big question...

Hello,

My number will be current in May AS5XXX.
So I am going to submit I485 package to USCIS Chicago lockbox through Fedex as soon as my package is ready.

Before sending those, I want to make sure I don't have to submit I-134.
I'm currently in the US with student visa with OPT card. I just started to work end of last month and didn't receive any money yet.

However I have an employment letter from my employee which shows I am full timer
I prepared to submit my bank statement which I have little less than $10000 and my bank statement in my home county and my parent's bank statement both in English along with letter from my parent with signature shows he will support me financially in need.

If I can submit those, is this okay not to submit 1-134?

Also, I am thinking to file 1-485 with memorandum which is about the timing to file documents in front.

Please give me an advice.
Thank you very much in advance.

For those on F1 status, it's always a good idea to get an I-130. However since you seem to have a significant amount in your account and you're currently doing OPT, you may not need the affidavit. So, if you can get an I-130, still go ahead and get it, if getting it will be a major issue, I'm guessing you will be fine with what you have. For now though, don't include your parent's banking information with the package you will be mailing, you take those as back up plans to the interview. Get an Employment Verification letter from your employer to include with your package.

Yes, inclduding the early filing memo with your I-485 is not a bad idea.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

I am trying to send my AOS package to Chicago lockbox for my DV case number that has become current in April. I saw the list of forms and documents that AOS package should include in the google document that you guys have put together. But, I was just wondering whether all those documents in the list are required to be included with the package or we need to take those documents during the interview? For example, I am an F-1 student currently and do I need to include copies of my current and past I-20s, enrollment verification and all the other documents listed as employment documents and evidence of financial support now with the AOS package or I need to take those documents during interview? Two more trivial questions, my wife is also applying with me for AOS so do I put her AOS package in the same envelope with mine and do I need to make two separate check of 1070 each for me and my wife ? Thank you so much for your help.

Regarding documents such as: "copies of my current and past I-20s, enrollment verification ... employment documents and evidence of financial support" - my suggestion is include them. This gives the IO enough time to study your case and review your documents, it makes their job easier and may make the difference between being approved right after the interview and having to wait days/weeks for the IO to finish going over the documents because they were not initially presented.

Yes, include your wife's package in the main envelope you will be using for mailing yours to ensure they're received and processed at the same time. You can initially put each in a different envelope, then put both envelopes in a bigger one for mailing. Nothing wrong with using a single check, but it is better to issue a separate check for each package.

Good luck!

Hey everyone,
I have got a question regarding the receiving interview letter? How long should be we expecting to receive it after Bio? I have checked the timeline and found it is very different from 4 days to more than 100 days. I was wondering why?
Thanks

IL depends on the individual FO. If your FO happens to be a busy one, it's likely to take a while before your IL is sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.