• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all , I need your valuable suggestions and prayers .
My CN AS101** Nepal.....(Aos) do you guys think I will get chance or not? or do u guys suggest me go for CP?

Suggestions needed.

Thanks.

Looking through my documents, I just found out that the back of my birth certificate has the translation of the titles written in the front in many languages, including English. The certificate looks exactly like this one: http://www.islamitalia.it/donna/nascita fronte.jpg ( it's not mine, I found it on google)

So for example, wherever there is a number, the back shows the translation of the titles in bold.
Other the the numbered titles, there is one stamp with the name of my town and the title of the person that signed the form. Such information is not translated. Is the translation of the numbered titles in bold on the back going to be sufficient?

Also, I noticed that what I have is not called "birth certificate" but it's the EXTRACT from birth registration. I know there is a difference but the person who issued it to me said it is the standard certificate for foreign countries. Should I still get ahold of the birth CERTIFICATE?

Need to change address

Hello all selectees,

My CN is 2014EU0028XXX. My number will be current in May, so I started putting all documents together, and hopefully will do the medical next week:):) However, I just moved 2 weeks ago and was wondering if putting my new address on the AOS package forms will cause any sort of complication since I have my old address on form DSP 122. Do I need to call KCC or USCIS to inform them about my address change? Because honestly I don't trust USPS mail forwarding services.

Any suggestions?

Hello all selectees,

My CN is 2014EU0028XXX. My number will be current in May, so I started putting all documents together, and hopefully will do the medical next week:):) However, I just moved 2 weeks ago and was wondering if putting my new address on the AOS package forms will cause any sort of complication since I have my old address on form DSP 122. Do I need to call KCC or USCIS to inform them about my address change? Because honestly I don't trust USPS mail forwarding services.

Any suggestions?

What I'm sure about is that you should put your new address in the form I-485 and other forms you're sending to USCIS.
I was in the same situation as you are, so, I re-sent form DSP-122 to KCC (with the new address) to inform them about my new address (that was what KCC instructed me to do). KCC never sent me any new notification letter, so when I sent my forms to USCIS my address on I-485 and other related forms were different from my address on my second DV notification letter. And I guess it's totally fine because when you fill out the form G-325 you mention about your current and previous addresses.

I'm not expert here, make sure you look for the comment from big role players here in this forum as well.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend, you are interpreting the CEAC data for Nepal incorrectly. There are 2100 winners being processed till April (This includes everything i.e. issued, ready, AP, rejected). In the month of April there were 406 winners from Nepal. The seven month average is 300 winners from Nepal each month. Now, April had 1025 increase in cutoff and May has 1150 increase in cutoff. So the winners from Nepal for month of May will be around 450 Max. Which will make the total 2550 up to May. Remember there is about 5% AOS cases but also there are some rejections and some Ready/AP cases will not be issued at all. Lets say 5% AOS from Nepal will nullify the rejection and AP cases, then we can assume net 2550 visa issued for Nepal up to May. This leaves at least 950 more visas for Nepal for next four months and also some visa from NACARA program.
I think you should be safe for AOS process. I was also all set for AOS. Paid the DV fee and did the medical. Now I am changing to CP because I can't get the interview before the country limit it hit. Specially Dallas FO is super slow this year. Best of luck to you.

I have been reading this forum since I knew I am a DV selectee for 2014. My case number is AS 55**. I used to think which option is better for me (AOS or CP) and still thinking. I decided to do AOS and sent dsp 122 form KCC around mid June. I got email back from KCC. However I was keep thinking about change to CP if cases move slowly. I waited unit April cutoff and decided again to go through AOS and paid DV fee in February. My number is current in May but I am from Nepal. I am now nervous about quota. If KCC does not put special cut off for next Visa bulletin, Nepal's quota will be full in June base on data provided on this forum but another thread ( up to April there are 2100 visa issued and ready for Nepal and only for April there are 700 plus visa ready. If cases are uniform, there should be about 800 visa ready for May (total about 3000)).

If every thing goes smoothly in AOS I can guess my IV will be held by the end of June ( Assuming I_485 will be sent on April 1 and will be accepted). My FO is small (Salt Lake City) and I am worried they might not familiar with DV cases and My case may not be done by the end of June. On the other hand, I can think KCC would not fill quota this earlier ( end of June / July) but I can't make piece mind by assuming KCC will put special cut off for Nepal if quota is going to be filled soon. I don't know history of the earliest time when quota was full. Even though there is no history, this year might be a history.

What do you guys think about time when quota can be full? What would be best AOS or CP in my case? If I send dsp 122 to KCC Monday for changing to cp, what do you think when will be my interview? I know KCC is busy and they might not take an action in my application soon ? I am in F1 visa and little bit worried just in case visa is not issued in CP, I will be in trouble. Your suggestions would be highly appropriated.

Looking through my documents, I just found out that the back of my birth certificate has the translation of the titles written in the front in many languages, including English. The certificate looks exactly like this one: http://www.islamitalia.it/donna/nascita fronte.jpg ( it's not mine, I found it on google)

So for example, wherever there is a number, the back shows the translation of the titles in bold.
Other the the numbered titles, there is one stamp with the name of my town and the title of the person that signed the form. Such information is not translated. Is the translation of the numbered titles in bold on the back going to be sufficient?

Also, I noticed that what I have is not called "birth certificate" but it's the EXTRACT from birth registration. I know there is a difference but the person who issued it to me said it is the standard certificate for foreign countries. Should I still get ahold of the birth CERTIFICATE?

I think you're over-flogging this issue translation. First you asked if your mom could do the translation and certify that she's competent in the language in which it was originally issued. Next you're asking all over if it's okay to use it 'as is' since the back contained numbered translations. Why not just bite the bullet, put your mind at rest and get the entire document translated? Is it that you're having difficulties finding a none-family member to do the translation or what?

Anyway, if your country issues actual birth certificate, then you should go ahead and make every effort to get that in place of the birth abstract that you have.

Hello all selectees,

Any suggestions?

There will be no complication, use your new address on the forms you're sending in to the Chicago lockbox. It's not even a matter of trusting USPS' mail forwarding service, they WILL NOT forward any mail from USCIS, that's the directive they've been given.

Of course aside from the fact that you're adjusting status and you want to be sure you're mail is sent to your correct/present address, I hope you're aware, unless you're a USC, you're supposed to inform USCIS of a change of address every time you move?

http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Dear mom, I need your advise! I don't know weather to be happy or worried about it but today I got the letter with tie papers in it saying: request for applicant to appear for initial interview. As you know, just two days ago I got my biometrics scheduled on March 17, and the interview date is march 27. I am worried, is it normal ??????

Why don't you trust the USPS mail forwarding services? :) They work just fine!

Hello all selectees,

Any suggestions?

Dear Aria, I wish I had an impressive bank account :( But all I have at the moment is the little tiny rest from my last TA paycheck after all the rent-fees-credit card pay off-etc. left! :) But I managed to have someone fill out I-134. Do you think I am safe?

fiefia,
Thanks a lot :)
I think the best is to ensure you
(yourself) have sufficient earnings (to support 1 person) and preferably some savings in your bank account here in the US. I-134 shall be the last resort.
I wish I had enough earnings for 2 persons, it's so difficult to ask people to sign I-134. This Form brings not legal binding (so really brings no obligation for the sponsor) but looks like everybody hesitates to sign this form.

Dear mom, I need your advise! I don't know weather to be happy or worried about it but today I got the letter with tie papers in it saying: request for applicant to appear for initial interview. As you know, just two days ago I got my biometrics scheduled on March 17, and the interview date is march 27. I am worried, is it normal ??????

Oh! Be happy, be very very happy for this is good. The time in between the bio and the interview is more than enough for the bio result to be ready, not unless an additional background check needs to be carried out. Don't wore about the word "initial" on the IL. your situation is a prime example of how a DV case should be processed. This is good!

Oh! Be happy, be very very happy for this is good. The time in between the bio and the interview is more than enough for the bio result to be ready, not unless an additional background check needs to be carried out. Don't wore about the word "initial" on the IL. your situation is a prime example of how a DV case should be processed. This is good!

;)) hurrahhhh, that's awesome! Thanks a lot for everything u doing in here! Now it's time to get prepared.

Advice

Hi all,
I am one of the Asian 2104 selectees and my CN is 2014AS00019xxx. Based on the visa bulletin it seems that my chance to get a interview is so weak, and based on that I have 2 questions.

1- Comparing this year with previous years do I have chance to get an interview? if yes what is the percentage for that.

2- I have not pay the DV lottery fee yet because I don't want to loose money if I don't have chance. My question here, is there a specific time for starting this process or I can do it at any time during the fiscal year.
thanks

Thanks friend for your reply.

Yes, I realized that I misunderstood CEAC data for the month of April. However, I am little bit nervous because AOS not go smoothly. We have read lot of issues in AOS cases. I read your previous post and knew you changed your mind to CP recently. Do you know how long KCC will take to change? Did you have a chance to talk with KCC about processing time? If I sent dsp 122 on Monday for CP, can you guess how long do I need to wait for KCC action and 2nd letter? Your answer would be appreciable.

Friend, you are interpreting the CEAC data for Nepal incorrectly. There are 2100 winners being processed till April (This includes everything i.e. issued, ready, AP, rejected). In the month of April there were 406 winners from Nepal. The seven month average is 300 winners from Nepal each month. Now, April had 1025 increase in cutoff and May has 1150 increase in cutoff. So the winners from Nepal for month of May will be around 450 Max. Which will make the total 2550 up to May. Remember there is about 5% AOS cases but also there are some rejections and some Ready/AP cases will not be issued at all. Lets say 5% AOS from Nepal will nullify the rejection and AP cases, then we can assume net 2550 visa issued for Nepal up to May. This leaves at least 950 more visas for Nepal for next four months and also some visa from NACARA program.
I think you should be safe for AOS process. I was also all set for AOS. Paid the DV fee and did the medical. Now I am changing to CP because I can't get the interview before the country limit it hit. Specially Dallas FO is super slow this year. Best of luck to you.

I can feel your nervousness for the AOS process which is the main reason I am changing to CP.
Yes, I called KCC last Friday and the lady said it can take 6-8 weeks. She advised me to send the forms via email attachment. I think it will be faster to process than sending via post because I believe they will have to scan the documents. I have seen a case from 2012 where a Nepali changed AOS to CP once being current. It took one month for KCC to change AOS to CP and send the interview letter. So I would say about a month to change but I can't not say for sure because it can take longer as well.
Thanks friend for your reply.

Yes, I realized that I misunderstood CEAC data for the month of April. However, I am little bit nervous because AOS not go smoothly. We have read lot of issues in AOS cases. I read your previous post and knew you changed your mind to CP recently. Do you know how long KCC will take to change? Did you have a chance to talk with KCC about processing time? If I sent dsp 122 on Monday for CP, can you guess how long do I need to wait for KCC action and 2nd letter? Your answer would be appreciable.

Snap! I was just sitting here thinking the exact same thing. I am in OC with a relatively high CN and looks like I wont be current until maybe August or even September. Its hard to judge. So I need to take a long hard look at whether changing to CP is viable for me. Im from Australia so its not a quick or cheap trip home by any means. I have some homework to do.

I can feel your nervousness for the AOS process which is the main reason I am changing to CP.
Yes, I called KCC last Friday and the lady said it can take 6-8 weeks. She advised me to send the forms via email attachment. I think it will be faster to process than sending via post because I believe they will have to scan the documents. I have seen a case from 2012 where a Nepali changed AOS to CP once being current. It took one month for KCC to change AOS to CP and send the interview letter. So I would say about a month to change but I can't not say for sure because it can take longer as well.

Dear Aria, I wish I had an impressive bank account :( But all I have at the moment is the little tiny rest from my last TA paycheck after all the rent-fees-credit card pay off-etc. left! :) But I managed to have someone fill out I-134. Do you think I am safe?

Dear Fiefia ;)

Yeah, you should be safe. My officer asked me for W2s and Tax returns of the past three years of the sponsor as well.
I know people are not willing to provide such documents to you and I and it's a pain in the butt to convince people to do so, but if you can convince your sponsor to provide you the mentioned documents, that would be good. Also, you should have a copy of sponsor's Green card or if a he/she is a citizen, the citizenship proof (e.g. front page of the passport).
I'll keep you about my case as well.

Dear Fiefia ;)

Yeah, you should be safe. My officer asked me for W2s and Tax returns of the past three years of the sponsor as well.
I know people are not willing to provide such documents to you and I and it's a pain in the butt to convince people to do so, but if you can convince your sponsor to provide you the mentioned documents, that would be good. Also, you should have a copy of sponsor's Green card or if a he/she is a citizen, the citizenship proof (e.g. front page of the passport).
I'll keep you about my case as well.

Hi Aria,
The information you provided here is very helpful to me. I'm thinking about having I-134 ready, I did'nt send it with my 485 package. I dont know if its ok to take it to the interview by hand. Is it possible to let me know the complete list of all the documents you had for I-134. I saw you mentioned W-2s and tax transcripts..what else? Do you have to go with the sponsor to the interview? what did you do?

Thanks

What I'm sure about is that you should put your new address in the form I-485 and other forms you're sending to USCIS.
I was in the same situation as you are, so, I re-sent form DSP-122 to KCC (with the new address) to inform them about my new address (that was what KCC instructed me to do). KCC never sent me any new notification letter, so when I sent my forms to USCIS my address on I-485 and other related forms were different from my address on my second DV notification letter. And I guess it's totally fine because when you fill out the form G-325 you mention about your current and previous addresses.

I'm not expert here, make sure you look for the comment from big role players here in this forum as well.

Good luck

Thank you for the input. So, you suggest I resend DSP-122 to KCC with my new address. I hope that will not cause any confusion as DSP-122 sent twice under the same case number. Or should I just contact them by phone or email before taking any action?

Why don't you trust the USPS mail forwarding services? :) They work just fine!

Hi,
Based on my experience mails sometimes get lost or returned to sender during the process of forwarding. Also, I just found out that USPS is instructed not to forward any mail from USCIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.