• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about I-134 for the interview

Hi guys,

Just received the interview letters for our DV2014. My wife and I will go to the interview on April. I saw some people ask the same question we may face later..

1. My wife (dependent) and I (main applicant) both applied for AOS. How many copies do we need our sponsor sign for us?
2. Can I find my friend to be my sponsor?
3. Is there any minimum amount in our joint bank account? My wife now is F1 Visa and I am F2. We just received out EAD cards last week. Sadly, We don't have too much $$ in our bank account. What should we do??

Thank you.

Hi Aria,

It's unbelievable! But I am sure everything will be sorted out soon. From your description, the interview went smoothly and you didn't have any other problems with the documents (although this one is not a problem either). They will soon realize and fix the mistake. I am confident!

Stay positive! It's just another trial, but the victory is near! :)

Fiefia,
HI :)
Thanks for your supportive and inspiring words :)
Yeah, the best to do is to stay positive.
Make sure you go there with as much strong financial documents as possible. I think for our cases, financial resources is the almost the most important thing.

Hi guys,

Just received the interview letters for our DV2014. My wife and I will go to the interview on April. I saw some people ask the same question we may face later..

1. My wife (dependent) and I (main applicant) both applied for AOS. How many copies do we need our sponsor sign for us?
3. Is there any minimum amount in our joint bank account? My wife now is F1 Visa and I am F2. We just received out EAD cards last week. Sadly, We don't have too much $$ in our bank account. What should we do??

Thank you.

Congrats on ILs.
I'm not expert here, make sure you look for the comment from big role players here in this forum as well.

1-Tow copies, one for you, one for your wife, each copies signed by your sponsor.
2- Absolutely. Just make that he/she is eligible to do do.
3- I think for two persons it should be around $20K. Google for USCIS poverty level. The exact amount and the formula has been mentioned already in the previous discussions.
You may need a sponsor to sign form I-134 for both of you.

Good luck :)

Hi everyone,

Found out quite late about this forum, but here I am: one of the French selectee, with CN 2014EU00041XXX.
Happy to see the recent evolution for EU, congrats to the current guys :)

So my CN is quite high and my situation a bit tricky since I am on F1 (OPT), but currently working for a big tech company in California. The company's lawyers are currently filing a H1B petition for me so I might be on H1B when my number comes up.

My main concern is I am not sure whether I will choose CP or AOS. Choosing CP under F1 status would be really risky, but if I have the H1B (I would know by May I guess) it would be much faster.

Also, while waiting to know what solution is best, should I even start the process? What should I start doing to save time? I already sent my form DSP 122 indicating that I would file in California, but that's all. No pictures, no payment.

Thanks, and you guys have a great, relaxing weekend after that long and stressful wait!

- Tom

It looks like it. But I don't know what can be stronger than I-134? :confused: I hope your case will be resolved successfully because you indeed submitted the correct form.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, friend! :)

Fiefia,
HI :)
Thanks for your supportive and inspiring words :)
Yeah, the best to do is to stay positive.
Make sure you go there with as much strong financial documents as possible. I think for our cases, financial resources is the almost the most important thing.

Congrats on ILs.
I'm not expert here, make sure you look for the comment from big role players here in this forum as well.

1-Tow copies, one for you, one for your wife, each copies signed by your sponsor.
2- Absolutely. Just make that he/she is eligible to do do.
3- I think for two persons it should be around $20K. Google for USCIS poverty level. The exact amount and the formula has been mentioned already in the previous discussions.
You may need a sponsor to sign form I-134 for both of you.

Good luck :)

Um, that's pretty hard to find a sponsor... regarding to $$$...

But thank you Aria!! :D

Hello again, I have questions regarding financial support materials. Currently I have a full-time job on OPT status but will be changing jobs when I join my H1-B employer in October, maybe earlier. When filing DV category I-485, since I am self sufficient financially, do I need I-134 form at all? I read somewhere if I am doing AOS all I would need is my federal tax return from previous year, offer letter from employer on company letterhead and 2 recent pay stubs as part of my initial eveidence with my I-485 application, is this accurate? For the interview, I would need the previously mentioned documents submitted as initial evidence along with bank statements and I-797 indicating my H1 is in process, is this correct? I just want to be sure that my personal resources are enough at this point in time to prove I'm financially self-sufficient before I approach someone and request them to fill out I-134 for me. Thank you for any/all assistance.

Doesn't seem to me like you'll need an I-134, but it doesn't hurt to be over-prepared. So if you can find someone to provide you with an I-130 utilize it.

Paying the tax will not suffice. He doesn't have authorization to work at all. Admitting that he worked while unauthorized to work will kill the deal. He is also required to tell the truth. That's why I never would put myself in that situation.

He doesnt even have work authorization???? Wow. Some people don't learn to follow any rules and make everything more complicated....

OK switching to aos, I think San Jose FO is actually closer to me than San Francisco - is San Jose better/worse/same for DV aos?

Hi guys,

Thank you.

1. Just one copy should be fine. The I-134 is for the main applicant but it covers the applicant's dependents too.

2. If your friend is either a USC, LPR, or a non-immigrant on L1 or H1B visa, he/she can fill out an I-134 for you.

3. If you're about to show roughly about $20,000.00 in your account, you should be fine. An I-130 will come in very handy if you don't have enough money in your account. Hope you realize if either of you use your EAD card while your interview is pending, you're no longer in F1/F2 status, and God forbid, if your interview is not successful, you can't go back to the F status.

OK switching to aos, I think San Jose FO is actually closer to me than San Francisco - is San Jose better/worse/same for DV aos?

San Jose is closer to you? That's great news bro'. That FO has always been a bit quicker than the SF FO in the past.

Hi everyone,

Found out quite late about this forum, but here I am: one of the French selectee, with CN 2014EU00041XXX.
Happy to see the recent evolution for EU, congrats to the current guys :)

So my CN is quite high and my situation a bit tricky since I am on F1 (OPT), but currently working for a big tech company in California. The company's lawyers are currently filing a H1B petition for me so I might be on H1B when my number comes up.

My main concern is I am not sure whether I will choose CP or AOS. Choosing CP under F1 status would be really risky, but if I have the H1B (I would know by May I guess) it would be much faster.

Also, while waiting to know what solution is best, should I even start the process? What should I start doing to save time? I already sent my form DSP 122 indicating that I would file in California, but that's all. No pictures, no payment.

Thanks, and you guys have a great, relaxing weekend after that long and stressful wait!

- Tom

If you're not quite decided on which process you'll be doing, I don't think there's anything you can do per se to save on time. But if you don't mind mind the possibity of paying for the same thing twice, then you can send in your DV payment to DOS, you can also get the medical out of the way.

Just be aware that if you decide to do CP later on you will need to redo the medical in your home country and you will have to pay the DV fee again at the applicable US embassy in your home country or where ever it is you're doing CP.

1. Just one copy should be fine. The I-134 is for the main applicant but it covers the applicant's dependents too.

2. If your friend is either a USC, LPR, or a non-immigrant on L1 or H1B visa, he/she can fill out an I-134 for you.

3. If you're about to show roughly about $20,000.00 in your account, you should be fine. An I-130 will come in very handy if you don't have enough money in your account. Hope you realize if either of you use your EAD card while your interview is pending, you're no longer in F1/F2 status, and God forbid, if your interview is not successful, you can't go back to the F status.

Sm1smom and Yulasa,

The officer asked me TWO signed affidavit of support, assuming that I-134 is the form, I think the safe side is to have TWO signed forms.

Well, I'm not doubting wether your IO asked you guys to present 2 affidavit of support, but it's been established that she has absolutely no clue regarding DV based adjustment.

The only time someone or a family adjusting status may need to show more than 1 affidavit of support is when the sponsor's income falls below the required amount based on the poverty guideline level, and this is usually for those doing family based adjustment anyways. In that case, a co-sponsor will be required and the applicant ends up with more than 1 affidavit of support.

In general, ONLY the principal applicant is required to present the form, and this covers all of his/ her dependents. A derivative or a dependent filing with the main applicant is NEVER required to present an affidavit issued out directly to them in support of their adjustment.

Now if the question is wether the derivative should have a copy of the principal applicant's I-130 form, well I guess there's nothing wrong with that. The affidavit should never be issued out in the dependant's name.

Sm1smom and Yulasa,

The officer asked me TWO signed affidavit of support, assuming that I-134 is the form, I think the safe side is to have TWO signed forms.

It looks like it. But I don't know what can be stronger than I-134? :confused: I hope your case will be resolved successfully because you indeed submitted the correct form.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, friend! :)

fiefia,
Thanks a lot :)
I think the best is to ensure you (yourself) have sufficient earnings (to support 1 person) and preferably some savings in your bank account here in the US. I-134 shall be the last resort.
I wish I had enough earnings for 2 persons, it's so difficult to ask people to sign I-134. This Form brings no legal binding (so really brings no obligation for the sponsor) but looks like everybody hesitates to sign this form.

Last edited by a moderator:
AOS or COP which is better?

I have been reading this forum since I knew I am a DV selectee for 2014. My case number is AS 55**. I used to think which option is better for me (AOS or CP) and still thinking. I decided to do AOS and sent dsp 122 form KCC around mid June. I got email back from KCC. However I was keep thinking about change to CP if cases move slowly. I waited unit April cutoff and decided again to go through AOS and paid DV fee in February. My number is current in May but I am from Nepal. I am now nervous about quota. If KCC does not put special cut off for next Visa bulletin, Nepal's quota will be full in June base on data provided on this forum but another thread ( up to April there are 2100 visa issued and ready for Nepal and only for April there are 700 plus visa ready. If cases are uniform, there should be about 800 visa ready for May (total about 3000)).

If every thing goes smoothly in AOS I can guess my IV will be held by the end of June ( Assuming I_485 will be sent on April 1 and will be accepted). My FO is small (Salt Lake City) and I am worried they might not familiar with DV cases and My case may not be done by the end of June. On the other hand, I can think KCC would not fill quota this earlier ( end of June / July) but I can't make piece mind by assuming KCC will put special cut off for Nepal if quota is going to be filled soon. I don't know history of the earliest time when quota was full. Even though there is no history, this year might be a history.

What do you guys think about time when quota can be full? What would be best AOS or CP in my case? If I send dsp 122 to KCC Monday for changing to cp, what do you think when will be my interview? I know KCC is busy and they might not take an action in my application soon ? I am in F1 visa and little bit worried just in case visa is not issued in CP, I will be in trouble. Your suggestions would be highly appropriated.

I have been reading this forum since I knew I am a DV selectee for 2014. My case number is AS 55**. I used to think which option is better for me (AOS or CP) and still thinking. I decided to do AOS and sent dsp 122 form KCC around mid June. I got email back from KCC. However I was keep thinking about change to CP if cases move slowly. I waited unit April cutoff and decided again to go through AOS and paid DV fee in February. My number is current in May but I am from Nepal. I am now nervous about quota. If KCC does not put special cut off for next Visa bulletin, Nepal's quota will be full in June base on data provided on this forum but another thread ( up to April there are 2100 visa issued and ready for Nepal and only for April there are 700 plus visa ready. If cases are uniform, there should be about 800 visa ready for May (total about 3000)).

If every thing goes smoothly in AOS I can guess my IV will be held by the end of June ( Assuming I_485 will be sent on April 1 and will be accepted). My FO is small (Salt Lake City) and I am worried they might not familiar with DV cases and My case may not be done by the end of June. On the other hand, I can think KCC would not fill quota this earlier ( end of June / July) but I can't make piece mind by assuming KCC will put special cut off for Nepal if quota is going to be filled soon. I don't know history of the earliest time when quota was full. Even though there is no history, this year might be a history.

What do you guys think about time when quota can be full? What would be best AOS or CP in my case? If I send dsp 122 to KCC Monday for changing to cp, what do you think when will be my interview? I know KCC is busy and they might not take an action in my application soon ? I am in F1 visa and little bit worried just in case visa is not issued in CP, I will be in trouble. Your suggestions would be highly appropriated.

your CN now is current so you can send your forms now. I think you have a plenty of time for AOS,however, the cp in your home country will be faster so that will save you from any delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.