• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Let me cut right to the chase!

We had the interview. We got the verbal approval from the officer. A few hours later we already got the CPO! :) And the status already has switched to decision (as expected), which means the welcome letter is mailed and that our status has been officially registered as permanent resident!

I am having a very hectic day at work. I will give you more details later. I want to thank everybody for their support and guidance!

Sm1smom, your spreadsheet is awesome! :)

Will get back to you soon.

Hey guys!

We had the interview. We got the verbal approval from the officer. A few hours later we already got the CPO! :) And the status already has switched to decision (as expected), which means the welcome letter is mailed and that our status has been officially registered as permanent resident!

I am having a very hectic day at work. I will give you more details later. I want to thank everybody for their support and guidance!

WOW! Congratulations refigh :) Yeah, we were waiting to hear from you.
You have me beat, finally! ;)

Hey guys!

Congrats!

Yeeehaaawwwww! (I'm trying to sound more American these days)

Congrats dood. :)

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

Man i was waiting to hear from you ! The whole yesterday lol
Im so happy than you have done it :) you really deserve it :)

Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. You can't imagine the things I had to go through over the past years, the unpleasant meetings I had to have with my managers, the conniptions I had, the lengthy emails I had to send, the checks I had to draw, the opportunities I had to forgo... But now it's over! :) Thanks to the support of you guys, it's now a new day!

I have to say it though, I feel a bit guilty for getting my interview and CPO before some of our friends that have been waiting for a very long time. Hang in there guys. For those still wondering whether they will become current, I have you in my thoughts.

I can't wait for the time that we all will reconvene in the citizenship sub-forum in 5 years! :) :glasses up:

Received my green card yesterday - yay!!

Online case status changes went like this:
Card/Document Production: 02/26/2014 - production of the new card ordered.
Decision: 02/27/2014 - welcome letter mailed.
Card/Document Production: 03/03/2014 - a card mailed.
Card/Document Production: 03/03/2014 - USPS picked up the card from USCIS.
Card/Document Production: 03/05/2014 - USPS reported that the card delivered.

Thanks again!!
YOU ROCK!!

Case: 2014EU000003xx
05/28/13: E-mailed DSP-122 to KCC
06/24/13: Completed medical exam
07/31/13: Mailed DV payment
08/06/13: Received email from KCC with Adjustment Letter
10/01/13: I-485 package received in Chicago
10/06/13: Received NOA (text & email)
10/07/13: AOS check cashed
10/10/13: Received NOA (mail)
10/12/13: Biometrics letter received
10/30/13: Biometrics appointment
02/01/14: Interview letter received
02/26/14: Interview
03/03/14: Welcome letter received
03/05/14: Green card received

Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. You can't imagine the things I had to go through over the past years, the unpleasant meetings I had to have with my managers, the conniptions I had, the lengthy emails I had to send, the checks I had to draw, the opportunities I had to forgo... But now it's over! :) Thanks to the support of you guys, it's now a new day!

I have to say it though, I feel a bit guilty for getting my interview and CPO before some of our friends that have been waiting for a very long time. Hang in there guys. For those still wondering whether they will become current, I have you in my thoughts.

I can't wait for the time that we all will reconvene in the citizenship sub-forum in 5 years! :) :glasses up:

So true ! we still gonna all meet and discuss the citizenship process at +- the same timing (5years) :) hehehe

So if you thought that my interview didn't throw a curve ball of its own, you will have to wait a bit more.

We arrived there to find that the place was almost deserted. We went to the floor indicated on the invitation letter. A guy told us that the person on the letter is not on their floor and there must have been a mistake. He kindly took us to the right floor. The waiting room was deserted too. I could see staff members looking at us weirdly, some chatting to each other that "we are off-calendar".

Turns out they had scheduled the interview for the wrong date as well. And the officer was not there. Stories kept varying from her being in training, having had a sick child, and having called in sick. I leave it to your imagination how we felt at the moment.

Thankfully, they found a different officer that was willing to interview us. She said she expected us to be turned away!

She took us to her office and sworn us in off the bat. She had our folders. They had a cover sheet on top that in big font said "Special Handling - DV Case". I'm glad at least this FO understands this.

I would say she was rather thorough. It was the first time she was seeing our file, so she had to go through everything in our presence. She asked for passports, original I-797s, and original I20s. The moment she detached the I-94s from our passports I knew it was over. She also detached all I-94s from the I-797s and kept them.

Yes/No questions came last, rather as a formality. But she paid attention that we had never had J visas and that we had never received any public assistance.

As I said she was thorough, but not in a gotcha mindset at all. I was happy to see that she knew what she was doing. 45 minutes in, She handed us a letter "to show that we were there". The most desirable option on the sheet, which was checked, is that the case is under review and that they have everything they need.

I asked her whether this meant approval. She said basically yes because she didn't see any issues and that we should expect to receive our cards in 2 to 3 weeks. A few hours later we got the CPOs, and the status later changed to decision (the decision or the disposition that we are registered as permanent residents).

And that's how this long journey ended. I can say the journey ended because I am not as much worried about the physical card. :) It's the status that mattered the most; the peace of mind that if something happens to my job, it will not change my destiny.

The biggest tip that I can give to anybody, besides to chew every single word in mom's spreadsheet, is to have what I call a "shadow package". You will need to keep a complete copy of what you submitted. Both to be able to recreate everything if they lose your package, and to know exactly what you submitted. For that, do not mix your originals into the shadow package. Keep it as it was submitted. Put the originals in a separate pile.

My shadow package came in handy when the officer kept asking if we had submitted a copy of this or that; and I could immediately produce another copy. It is to your best interest to make their job easier, particularly at the time of the interview.

Received my green card yesterday - yay!!

Online case status changes went like this:
Card/Document Production: 02/26/2014 - production of the new card ordered.
Decision: 02/27/2014 - welcome letter mailed.
Card/Document Production: 03/03/2014 - a card mailed.
Card/Document Production: 03/03/2014 - USPS picked up the card from USCIS.
Card/Document Production: 03/05/2014 - USPS reported that the card delivered.

Thanks again!!
YOU ROCK!!

Congrats you_rock. Enjoy! :)

Congratulations c1984 , so happy for you ...
My self I decide to send my files on June and see what happen ,
I will be courant in sept and because my visa expire end of June I hope will work .
CN ...2014AF84***
1/16/14 .....form sent to KCC
2/21/14 .....AOS letter received from KCC

Hey guys,

I received my interview letter in mail. It will be held on 3/17. I have few questions regarding the interview preparation.
1. I'm fresh graduated actively seeking jobs. Meanwhile, I'm now working in a Chinese restaurant and get pay by hourly. They do not file tax for me. How do I show immigration officer that i can financially support myself?
2. Do i have to go to local police office to get a background check report?

Is your mailbox lockable? Are you listed with USPS on that mailbox? If they don't, I'm thinking USPS is returning them as undeliverable and you may have the same issue with both your IL and the GC itself at the end of the day. My guess is they're trying to exercise a great deal of caution when delivering those government mails as they cannot be forwarded, they do not get signed for when delivered and they do not want them to fall into the wrong hands. Do let us know if the I-797 and bio eventually show up in your mail box.

Not trying to scare or alarm you, just wanted you to be aware of those possibilities. Hopefully, it's nothing like that and your bio letter will show up in your mailbox in the next couple of days :)

Yes, my mailbox is lockable. I wasn't listed on the mailbox until you suggested it on Feb. 27, so you have my gratitude :)

Update: I did not receive my I-797 acceptance letter (mailed on the 11th of Feb) and Biometrics letter (mailed on the 17th of Feb) in the mail. Instead, USCIS faxed my Biometrics notice, as promised, on the 5th of March, 5 days before my appointment on the 10th of March, next week.

Once again, thank you, Sir :) ...or Ma'am?

Status
Not open for further replies.