• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called USCIS today -again!- to follow up on the inquiry I opened regarding lack of update for my case. I was forwarded to a 'senior' officer who was very rude to me. She said the office was correct to tell me that they have until September to process the case, and that once I'm in the US my priority number does not matter. I told her that cannot be true and doesn't make sense and she started being snappy with me and said that if I can locate a piece of regulation that indicates that DV lottery cases should be given priority over other cases I should print that out and take it to the FO. She said that kind of document does not exists.

So just for the heck of it, I'm going to actually search for such regulation. Please do let me know if you know where I can find this info. It may be true that this info does not exist, but if it does I want to find it.

iel.hoss, anything from your representative? nothing here.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...ents/2012/April 2012/NBC-FloridaBar042412.pdf

Reply 8:
USCIS has procedures in place to process DV adjustment applications in an expeditious manner

Hi all,

My husband is the lottery winner and we are on J visa (My husband is on J1 and me on J2) which will expire April 2015. My husband has been working for the last 9 months as a postdoc but he doesn’t have any EAD Card. I have not been working but I have the EAD Card which will expire April 2015. Our number is current now and we will send our documents very soon.
My questions are: Do we both need to apply for EAD card as well? Can my husband continue his work based on his J1 visa until he gets his green card? What happens if our green card application is unsuccessful? Can he continue his work till April 2015?

Thank you very much.

Hi all,

My husband is the lottery winner and we are on J visa (My husband is on J1 and me on J2) which will expire April 2015. My husband has been working for the last 9 months as a postdoc but he doesn’t have any EAD Card. I have not been working but I have the EAD Card which will expire April 2015. Our number is current now and we will send our documents very soon.

Are you subject to the 2-year home country presence requirement? In that case, you will also need a waiver to be able to adjust status. You may be already aware of that! :)

My questions are: Do we both need to apply for EAD card as well?

No. Unless he wants to switch jobs. Otherwise, it is advisable not to use the EAD card, or he wouldn't have a fall back status if things go awry.

Can my husband continue his work based on his J1 visa until he gets his green card?

Yes.

What happens if our green card application is unsuccessful? Can he continue his work till April 2015?

Yes. If you have never been out of status, it is more likely to be successful than unsuccessful. :)

Thank you very much.

You're welcome. :)

Thank you very much for your quick reply c1984. No we are not subject to the 2-year Home Residency Requirement.

Thanks again and Best of luck with your interview.

There's no set number of days/weeks, that I'm aware of between when the acceptance notification and the bio letter is received. I understand the tendency to begin to get worried when things are not happening exactly like it did for a few, do relax. Some have had to wait for close to a month or so before getting the bio letter, your's should be arriving soon too.

Your prediction right as always! Got the fingerprint notice today))

Like I was mentioning earlier, I am planning to get a statement from my bank in my country. Is it sufficient if the letter states that my parents will be able to support my living and education expenses? Or should it include anything specific?

A pressing question:

What do you think happens if my lawyer's paralegal made a mistake and sent the DSP 122 + bar code + 2 photos + $330 Money Order to DOS all in one package?

I specifically said that DSP 122 + bar code + 2 photos go to KCC and $330 Money Order goes to DOS. FML.

So, immediately after, I have sent DSP 122 + bar code + 2 photos to KCC using overnight shipping. What do you all think is gonna happen to that KCC form that the DOS will now receive? Do they discard it or forward it to KCC?

Chances of being current and the timing I am supposed to be filing I-485 when find out I'm current?

Hi, I am new to this forum but keeping up with certain topics in the forum over the last few days. I am a DV2014 winner and planning on going the AOS route. I am currently on OPT set to expire mid July. From what I gather, my CN is rather high (2014AS00021***-UAE chargeability). My H1-B application will be filed in April. My 2 questions are:
1. What are my chances of interview/being "current" around June/July? Ballpark estimate of interview month?
2. Assuming Asia goes "Current" as a region around let's say June 15 for instance, can I file my I-485 pretty much the day I find out through Visa Bulletin that Asia has gone "current" or do I have to wait for a particular day or month even after finding out, like file in July even though I found out in mid-June?

Note: Physical has been done, DV fee has been paid and receipt received via email, H-1B (in process), all forms translated and filled out

Just waiting to file. Thank you for any/all assistance and guidance in this matter!

Do you remember the sudanees thread moms? Thats why i suggested canada for CP? :(
If vive maroc can get a tourist visa for canada 3 months he might schedule his interview there since sudanees have their interview in egypt may ne he can in canada !?since no rules states the oposite !?
Im just trying to help hope there is a happy end for his case ......

I vaguely remember, though the detail doesn't readily come to mind at the moment and I can't dig out that thread, I'm pressed for time. So Yes, vladek, if he's able to secure a Canadian visa he could possibly do CP in Canada.

Like I was mentioning earlier, I am planning to get a statement from my bank in my country. Is it sufficient if the letter states that my parents will be able to support my living and education expenses? Or should it include anything specific?

Here's my suggestion:

Do all you can to find someone in the US to fill out an I-134 for you. If you've exhausted all options and can't find anyone to do that, then go ahead and get an account verification letter from your bank back at home. Your parents can then write a separate letter and attach a sworn affidavit stating they're willing to continue to support you as indicated. This is better than not having any form of financial evidence at all.

Please check your inbox....i sent you a massage

Are you saying your IL says your foreign HS Diploma MUST "be certified by a body like WES" or it contains a general statement more like - diplomas issued in foreign languages are required to be certified/translated?

I know USCIS require all documents issued in a foreign language to be translated; the person doing the translation has to certify that he/she is competent in both English and the foreign language being translated from, and that the translation is complete and accurate. I've never hear of a requirement for the HS Diploma to be certified by a professional organization such as WES.

A pressing question:

What do you think happens if my lawyer's paralegal made a mistake and sent the DSP 122 + bar code + 2 photos + $330 Money Order to DOS all in one package?

I specifically said that DSP 122 + bar code + 2 photos go to KCC and $330 Money Order goes to DOS. FML.

So, immediately after, I have sent DSP 122 + bar code + 2 photos to KCC using overnight shipping. What do you all think is gonna happen to that KCC form that the DOS will now receive? Do they discard it or forward it to KCC?

I don't think the form will get forwarded. They may either discard it on send it back with your receipt. But no big deal whatever they do with it, you've already sent another set directly to KCC. So all is well.

Hi, I am new to this forum but keeping up with certain topics in the forum over the last few days. I am a DV2014 winner and planning on going the AOS route. I am currently on OPT set to expire mid July. From what I gather, my CN is rather high (2014AS00021***-UAE chargeability). My H1-B application will be filed in April. My 2 questions are:
1. What are my chances of interview/being "current" around June/July? Ballpark estimate of interview month?
2. Assuming Asia goes "Current" as a region around let's say June 15 for instance, can I file my I-485 pretty much the day I find out through Visa Bulletin that Asia has gone "current" or do I have to wait for a particular day or month even after finding out, like file in July even though I found out in mid-June?

Note: Physical has been done, DV fee has been paid and receipt received via email, H-1B (in process), all forms translated and filled out

Just waiting to file. Thank you for any/all assistance and guidance in this matter!

1. Highly doubtful your CN will become current June/July
2. If the June VB which comes out in May shows your CN as being current in July for instance, you can file in June. If you want to push your luck a little bit, you can attempt a May filing too and if that gets rejected then you re-file in June. You don't have to wait till July to file.

Need slightly clearer idea about timing of filing I-485

1. Highly doubtful your CN will become current June/July
2. If the June VB which comes out in May shows your CN as being current in July for instance, you can file in June. If you want to push your luck a little bit, you can attempt a May filing too and if that gets rejected then you re-file in June. You don't have to wait till July to file.

Thank you for your prompt response! I really appreciate it. So just for the sake of a little more clarity on my end: According to your example, even if I find out in May (real time) that I will be current in July through the June VB, I would still have to wait until the actual month of June arrives to file? I guess the point is to file during the actual month which corresponds to the VB month indicating when one is "Current" (in our example, June), am I right? If this is accurate and continuing with our hypothetical scenario, could I pretty much file I-485 in the first week of June or would I have to wait to file until the July VB comes out before I file?

Final question: What is the approximate time it takes USCIS to let you know your I-485 has been rejected if you file early like in May in our scenario after finding out my case is "current" in June VB?

Thank you for any/all guidance in this process!

I guess the point is to file during the actual month which corresponds to the VB month indicating when one is "Current" (in our example, June)

Ok, you're getting things a little bit twisted here. Technically and in the past, you could only file the month in which the VB shows you as being current. That means going by the example I gave above about the June VB coming out in May and indicating you're current in July, that means you cannot file before July 1st. When the VB bulletin for any particula month comes out, it usually shows the current number for that month and the number for the following month. So when the June VB comes out in May, it will show the CN for June and under the advance notification section, it will show the CN expected to be current in July.

So still going by this hypothetical example, if your CN falls under the July number, then you can file in June based on a memo released August 2013 instructing USCISS to accept early filing. The memo actually indicates one could file 2 months in advance but numerous applications that were filed 2 months early have been returned in the past, hence the suggestion to file 1 month early.

It could take anywhere between 2-4 weeks to get back a rejected application, certainly more than 1 week from the day the application is recieved by USCIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.