• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence of financial support

Hi all,

My husband is the lottery winner and we are on J visa. He has been working for the last 9 months, so he has the pay stubs for the last 6 months. Do we need to provide bank statement or any other evidence of financial support as well? Our number is current now and we will send our documents very soon.

Thank you very much.

AWESOME!!! Finally! Now don't be surprised when the CPO goes back to Decision for a day or two. I realized that it was basically just the status while they were actually making the card.

I just received the Welcome Letter today (even though the actual card was mailed already and should have arrived yesterday according to the USPS tracking #) I will keep waiting on that :)

Congrats!!
My husband and I received the Welcome letter too))))))) I hope to see our Cards soon ..

DV PERM:

Thanks for your comprehensive note and sorry that we always will have to get such confusing responses from the DC office. Any way, I think that I have a good news (probably) to you with regard to our cases in DC and also from KCC. As I told you, I did request one of VA Congressmen to inquire about my case through DC office and why it is not processed. The USCIS responded back that the applicants will receive ILs within 30 to 45 days (the same answer giving to us). However, when today after I checked with KCC for the cases and whether the DC has requested the files for our cases or not, they said that the DC office has requested the cases on Feb. 18, 2014 and it has been sent the same day to DC office and they should have it sometime soon.

I guess, the Congressman inquiry and follow ups got them to work and I am very hoping that we will receive the interview letter within less than a month! (fingers crossed!) You may call KCC and check for your case. They are very responsive and quick to give you an answer!

iel.hoss,

That is good news. I'm glad the cases are moving finally. I'm going to call KCC on Monday to make sure my case has been requested as well. I haven't yet received an answer to my inquiry, the target date is February 26th.

No! The place you call is your congressperson's office. This is not acceptable practice. They clearly have no idea how to execute the law and they show their incompetency and lack of understanding by saying that "they have until September".

Call your representatives already man!

Thank you c1984 for your advice. I don't think there's anything unacceptable about calling KCC, if my case has in fact been requested recently then I can assume the FO started working on the cases. Hopefully we'll see the results of the inquiries and InfoPass appointments soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Sm1smom for your advice. I will be calling KCC on Monday, hopefully my case has been requested and an interview letter will follow shortly.

It's quite unfortunate you're going through all these back and forth with USCIS. It's one of the unfortunate horror stories one reads/hear about.

My suggestions to you are as follows:

• Contact KCC right away to confirm if your file has been sent to your local FO, there's no point waiting
  • Make immediate contact with your congress person and request they make an enquiry on your behalf

Meanwhile, I think you need to thread carefully with USCIS and the particular IO in charge of your case. The truth is, he/she is not obligated to approve your case when you eventually go for the interview. After your interview, he/she could drag their feet and refuse to approve the case until after Sept 30th, if the person think you're being confrontational or you're trying to make them look incompetent (which we all agree most of them are, anyways). Then they will be like, "Oops, sorry we can't approve the case, the FY is over". There is a documented case of a DV selectee whose interviewe was scheduled for a month or so after their applicable FY was over, this person decided to sue claiming USCIS cost them their GC, of course the person lost the case. The argument was nothing can be done once the FY is over. So don't give them any excuse to flag your file.

Good luck!

Hi guys , I live in boston , do I have to send my forms i485 to Chicago or just to boston . Thank u

All DV based I-485 and and any other forms being sent with it must be sent to the Chicago Lockbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

My husband is the lottery winner and we are on J visa. He has been working for the last 9 months, so he has the pay stubs for the last 6 months.

1-Do we need to provide bank statement or any other evidence of financial support as well? Our number is current now and we will send our documents very soon.

2- For paying the application fee ($1070), is cashier check acceptable? or it should be just money order or personal check? and should it be paid to the order of USCIS?

Thank you very much.

Hi all,

My husband is the lottery winner and we are on J visa. He has been working for the last 9 months, so he has the pay stubs for the last 6 months.

1-Do we need to provide bank statement or any other evidence of financial support as well? Our number is current now and we will send our documents very soon.

2- For paying the application fee ($1070), is cashier check acceptable? or it should be just money order or personal check? and should it be paid to the order of USCIS?

Thank you very much.

1. Yes, you do. Provide as much evidence as you possibly can.

2. The I-485 instruction says "Check or Money Order", so I would suggest using only one of those - with a personal check being the top choice. You can easily keep track of when the money is taken from your account, of course, it's also possible to track when the money order is claimed. It should be made payble to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and you need to make sure you spell out the complete name, don't use abbreviations such as "DHS" or "USDHS"

Hi all,

Thank you very much.
Hi MM777, I,m not current yet my CN is 2014 AF00084*** , what I have to send to Chicago . And do I have to wait the email of KCC ???? Thank u

Hi every1,
I called the kcc office today and I was told that my file has been net to my field office which is in Atlanta. My representative also emailed me that they are working on my case, that shecwill check back with uscis in the next 30 days. I pray I get an IL soon.

Hi every1,
I called the kcc office today and I was told that my file has been net to my field office which is in Atlanta. My representative also emailed me that they are working on my case, that shecwill check back with uscis in the next 30 days. I pray I get an IL soon.

Good luck uwakings! I called KCC today as well and they told me my files were sent to the DC field office on February 18th. It seems there's a little more hope for us to receive the interview letter in the coming couple of weeks.

Thank you

1. Yes, you do. Provide as much evidence as you possibly can.

2. The I-485 instruction says "Check or Money Order", so I would suggest using only one of those - with a personal check being the top choice. You can easily keep track of when the money is taken from your account, of course, it's also possible to track when the money order is claimed. It should be made payble to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and you need to make sure you spell out the complete name, don't use abbreviations such as "DHS" or "USDHS"

Thank you very much for the quick reply. That was a great help.

Congrats!!
My husband and I received the Welcome letter too))))))) I hope to see our Cards soon ..

Got the card today!!!

Thanks again to all of you here in the forum, without all of you I seriously would have struggled a LOT more with this process!

Got the card today!!!

Thanks again to all of you here in the forum, without all of you I seriously would have struggled a LOT more with this process!

O-my -God!!!!! Congrats!! !!!!! Wow!Wow!Wow!

And we are still waiting.......)))))))))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.