• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations,
I,m going too on AOS , I hope I will be happy too. Even my CN is high 2014 AF 00084***
Give me some advises how to proceed i didn't start yet . Tell me what I have to do first . Just let u know I send the two forms 122 and 230 to KCC I call them last week confirming they received them . And they told me I will be courant in several months ...

Congratulations on your selection. You've already taken care of the 1st step regarding what needs to be done.

Now spend some thine going through this thread starting from page 1. Most of the information you need will be found within the first couple of pages. If you still have specific questions after reading, go ahead and post them here. There are lots of people on in the forum willing to help.

Congratulations,
I,m going too on AOS , I hope I will be happy too. Even my CN is high 2014 AF 00084***
Give me some advises how to proceed i didn't start yet . Tell me what I have to do first . Just let u know I send the two forms 122 and 230 to KCC I call them last week confirming they received them . And they told me I will be courant in several months ...

Thank you very much for your replies!!!

1) I guess I will wait until March to be on the safe side. Besides, looks like there are still a few things I need to do. I am aware of the medical exam, thank you! I did it, but my civil surgeon did not sign across the sealed envelope, so I mailed it back to them so they sign or initial it. They just gave it to me in a sealed envelope but it wasn't signed. The place is about 3 hours away from where I live. I'm learning things the hard way I guess.

2) I did email and mail them my DSP-122 and barcode letter (I only did it a few weeks ago though). I didn't receive any confirmation about the envelope I mailed. However, I also emailed them scanned copies of my signed DSP-122 and barcode letter, and they replied to my email by saying: "Thank you for your inquiry. The information you provided will be included in your case file for review." Can it be considered the 2NL?

3) Thank you. It doesn't make sense though, but, again, to be on the safe side, I will scan a copy of my HS diploma and have it translated. You would think that if I have a master's degree from a US university, it should be obvious I do have a HS diploma :)

4) Thank you. An account verification letter shouldn't be a problem. A couple of more questions though:

- Is there a certain amount I should have on my bank account?
- Should I obtain any reports on my credit history?
- What about the tax return forms? I may have my W2's left, but I don't remember receiving any tax forms. I did my taxes online with TurboTax.

5) Do I need to include copies of all my previously issued visas, even from my old passport almost 10 years ago? I had a J visa in 2006 (summer work exchange) once, and I don't think I have any supporting documents for it. Would you recommend that I don't include it so as not to raise any questions, or would you include EVERY US visa I've ever had?

Thank you very much again, you are very helpful. I wish I'd found this forum earlier!

1. Yes, you can send in your I-485 package now, you don't have to wait till March. Have you done your medical exam already? Hope you're aware the result of the medical exam has to be included with the I-485 package.

2. Did you send back your form DSP-122 to KCC, following your selection, indicating that you will be doing AOS? If you did, regardless of what they say on the phone, KCC will email an acknowledgment/confirmation letter to you. This is what those doing AOS refer to as the 2NL. You can't push them to issue that letter to you, they will send it whenever they're done processing the form that you send back to them.

*USCIS does not issue written confirmation letter*

3. You need to include a copy of the HS Diploma in your own best interest. Some IOs have insisted on seeing it in the past.

4. Yes, evidence of financial support applies to you. You can either ask your bank to issue you an account verification letter or use copies of your monthly account statements.

5. Yes, you need to include copies of previously issued visas and the current one.

5) Do I need to include copies of all my previously issued visas, even from my old passport almost 10 years ago? I had a J visa in 2006 (summer work exchange) once, and I don't think I have any supporting documents for it. Would you recommend that I don't include it so as not to raise any questions, or would you include EVERY US visa I've ever had?

I would only include visas and documents for your current stay in the US. Be prepared to provide evidence when/if asked about your prior visits.

Hi, and welcome to the most friendly and helpful forum on the Internet. :)

Sm1smom already answered your post. I will just add a few things.

1) Technically you can send your I-485 package now. But recently they have been returning packages if filed too early. Considering you'll be current in April, if you arrange for your package to arrive on March 1st it is less likely to be returned. They seem to be OK with filing one month ahead of the "current" date.

2) If you entered the country legally, have never been out of status, and have never worked without authorization, you are eligible to do AOS. No written confirmation needed.

5) Not only include all visas, but also all the evidence that shows you have been consistently in status, including all the I-20s and EAD cards, etc.

If you have not done so, go ahead and send DSP-122+Barcode Page to KCC immediately indicating USCIS as your "consulate".

Go ahead and pay the $330 per person DV fee.

Do not hold your package for the DV fee receipt or AOS confirmation from KCC. If you got them in-time, include them in the package. If received later, make sure to take them to the interview.

Thank you, good sir! Are you absolutely sure about number 2 above? And also about not having to enclose the DV fee receipt in the AOS application package? Actually, I was told the same in my local USCIS office, but I want to make sure that the people in Chicago are aware of it too! :)

Btw, good luck at your interview!

Thank you, good sir! Are you absolutely sure about number 2 above? And also about not having to enclose the DV fee receipt in the AOS application package? Actually, I was told the same in my local USCIS office, but I want to make sure that the people in Chicago are aware of it too! :)

Both of those issues will be addressed at the interview, not Chicago Lockbox.

You need to get your I-485 in the queue as soon as possible.

Response below:

Thank you very much for your replies!!!

1) I guess I will wait until March to be on the safe side. Besides, looks like there are still a few things I need to do. I am aware of the medical exam, thank you! I did it, but my civil surgeon did not sign across the sealed envelope, so I mailed it back to them so they sign or initial it. They just gave it to me in a sealed envelope but it wasn't signed. The place is about 3 hours away from where I live. I'm learning things the hard way I guess.

2) I did email and mail them my DSP-122 and barcode letter (I only did it a few weeks ago though). I didn't receive any confirmation about the envelope I mailed. However, I also emailed them scanned copies of my signed DSP-122 and barcode letter, and they replied to my email by saying: "Thank you for your inquiry. The information you provided will be included in your case file for review." Can it be considered the 2NL? - No, that is not the 2NL. It usually takes about 4-8 weeks to get that. You will get it eventually, that I'm sure of. If it doesn't arrive by the time you need to mail in your I-485 package, don't stress about it, you can still go ahead and mail your package without the 2NL. You just need to make sure you take it along when you go for your interview.

3) Thank you. It doesn't make sense though, but, again, to be on the safe side, I will scan a copy of my HS diploma and have it translated. You would think that if I have a master's degree from a US university, it should be obvious I do have a HS diploma :) - Well, it may not make sense, but it is what it is

4) Thank you. An account verification letter shouldn't be a problem. A couple of more questions though:

- Is there a certain amount I should have on my bank account? - Somewhere between $10,000 to $12,000 should suffice for one person. However, since you're on H-1B visa, I don't think they will place a lot of emphasis about how much you have in your account. Be sure to have on hand, an Employment Verification letter though.
- Should I obtain any reports on my credit history? - No, not required
- What about the tax return forms? I may have my W2's left, but I don't remember receiving any tax forms. I did my taxes online with TurboTax. - W2 is fine, don't stress about the tax returns

5) Do I need to include copies of all my previously issued visas, even from my old passport almost 10 years ago? I had a J visa in 2006 (summer work exchange) once, and I don't think I have any supporting documents for it. Would you recommend that I don't include it so as not to raise any questions, or would you include EVERY US visa I've ever had? - If you have the old passport with you, it doesn't hurt to include the visas on it. They obviously have all your records with them, but then .......... better safe than sorry. Be prepared to tell them about the 2006 J visa too if asked about it at the time of your interview.

Thank you very much again, you are very helpful. I wish I'd found this forum earlier!

Last edited by a moderator:

Both of those issues will be addressed at the interview, not Chicago Lockbox.

You need to get your I-485 in the queue as soon as possible.

Technically, the Chicago Lockbox can reject an application that does not contain the DV payment receipt, they can consider such an application as incomplete and return it. However, they've not done that of late, so I think you will be fine if you have to send in your I-485 package without the receipt.

InfoPass at the Washington Field Office

Hi all,

I went to the Washington Field Office today to inquire in regards to the delays in processing my application. In summary, they told me that they're working on it and I should wait to hear in 'a few' weeks. For those interested in the detailed account here it goes:

I went up to the representative and explained to her that my application has been accepted by USCIS since October and that there have been no updates for months. We went back and forth a few times as I tried to make it clear that the delay may affect my chances of getting a visa. I told her that I called USCIS and they told me the diversity lottery cases should be handled as they come in to the field office and should not be queued with other AOS applications due to them being time bound.

She told me that she will check on this with the supervisor who has my case and then went on typing up some info (or an email) which led me to ask her whether I'll be getting a reply from the supervisor today and to the she said that's not the process. At that point I was very frustrated and I asked her how can I escalate this issue or file a complaint, she gave me an inquiry form and said that it will be placed along with my file, so I asked whether it will be sent to the officer's supervisor or the officer herself, she said the officer herself. I then asked how I can push this forward to the supervisor of the officer. I think at that point she went to get me a complaint form or something and started talking to another officer, who then came back with her.

The supervising officer asked me whether I have my notification and whether I have the receipt from KCC. I showed her both. She then told me something like 'well we still have until September to process those cases'. I then replied explaining that there are quotas and people who became current after me already got their GCs where I'm still waiting. We kept going back and forth talking about the process, she was saying inconsistent things and I was trying to figure out which parts were true and which parts were to diverge from the fact that they're so behind. They both then proceeded to go and talk to the officer who has my case.

When they came back they told me that I need to be patient and that I will receive and interview letter in a few weeks. She then said we don't have the file yet from KCC, so I asked whether I should contact KCC to check why they haven't sent the case yet. She then said that the field office has to request the file before KCC sends it. So I asked which happens first, KCC sending the file or the field office requesting it. She said the field office requesting it. So I said 'then it seems the delay is with scheduling and not with KCC' to which they replied 'No we can interview you even if we don't have the file'. REALLY?! so needless to say probably half of the information they were providing was geared towards getting me out of there.

I'm a little tempted to call KCC and inquire on whether they sent the file to the field office yet. But I may hold off doing that for a couple more weeks.

So there you have it, inefficiency and bureaucracy have yet again taken over an application with the USCIS.

DV PERM:

Thanks for your comprehensive note and sorry that we always will have to get such confusing responses from the DC office. Any way, I think that I have a good news (probably) to you with regard to our cases in DC and also from KCC. As I told you, I did request one of VA Congressmen to inquire about my case through DC office and why it is not processed. The USCIS responded back that the applicants will receive ILs within 30 to 45 days (the same answer giving to us). However, when today after I checked with KCC for the cases and whether the DC has requested the files for our cases or not, they said that the DC office has requested the cases on Feb. 18, 2014 and it has been sent the same day to DC office and they should have it sometime soon.

I guess, the Congressman inquiry and follow ups got them to work and I am very hoping that we will receive the interview letter within less than a month! (fingers crossed!) You may call KCC and check for your case. They are very responsive and quick to give you an answer!

I'm a little tempted to call KCC and inquire on whether they sent the file to the field office yet. But I may hold off doing that for a couple more weeks.

So there you have it, inefficiency and bureaucracy have yet again taken over an application with the USCIS.

No! The place you call is your congressperson's office. This is not acceptable practice. They clearly have no idea how to execute the law and they show their incompetency and lack of understanding by saying that "they have until September".

Call your representatives already man!

DV PERM:

Thanks for your comprehensive note and sorry that we always will have to get such confusing responses from the DC office. Any way, I think that I have a good news (probably) to you with regard to our cases in DC and also from KCC. As I told you, I did request one of VA Congressmen to inquire about my case through DC office and why it is not processed. The USCIS responded back that the applicants will receive ILs within 30 to 45 days (the same answer giving to us). However, when today after I checked with KCC for the cases and whether the DC has requested the files for our cases or not, they said that the DC office has requested the cases on Feb. 18, 2014 and it has been sent the same day to DC office and they should have it sometime soon.

I guess, the Congressman inquiry and follow ups got them to work and I am very hoping that we will receive the interview letter within less than a month! (fingers crossed!) You may call KCC and check for your case. They are very responsive and quick to give you an answer!

Great. I think all of you should call your representatives to put even more pressure on them.

The law says you are entitled to be processed for a green card but the DC office is not putting enough effort in executing the law.

It's quite unfortunate you're going through all these back and forth with USCIS. It's one of the unfortunate horror stories one reads/hear about.

My suggestions to you are as follows:

• Contact KCC right away to confirm if your file has been sent to your local FO, there's no point waiting
  • Make immediate contact with your congress person and request they make an enquiry on your behalf

Meanwhile, I think you need to thread carefully with USCIS and the particular IO in charge of your case. The truth is, he/she is not obligated to approve your case when you eventually go for the interview. After your interview, he/she could drag their feet and refuse to approve the case until after Sept 30th, if the person think you're being confrontational or you're trying to make them look incompetent (which we all agree most of them are, anyways). Then they will be like, "Oops, sorry we can't approve the case, the FY is over". There is a documented case of a DV selectee whose interviewe was scheduled for a month or so after their applicable FY was over, this person decided to sue claiming USCIS cost them their GC, of course the person lost the case. The argument was nothing can be done once the FY is over. So don't give them any excuse to flag your file.

Good luck!

Hi all,

I went to the Washington Field Office today to inquire in regards to the delays in processing my application. In summary, they told me that they're working on it and I should wait to hear in 'a few' weeks. For those interested in the detailed account here it goes:

I went up to the representative and explained to her that my application has been accepted by USCIS since October and that there have been no updates for months. We went back and forth a few times as I tried to make it clear that the delay may affect my chances of getting a visa. I told her that I called USCIS and they told me the diversity lottery cases should be handled as they come in to the field office and should not be queued with other AOS applications due to them being time bound.

She told me that she will check on this with the supervisor who has my case and then went on typing up some info (or an email) which led me to ask her whether I'll be getting a reply from the supervisor today and to the she said that's not the process. At that point I was very frustrated and I asked her how can I escalate this issue or file a complaint, she gave me an inquiry form and said that it will be placed along with my file, so I asked whether it will be sent to the officer's supervisor or the officer herself, she said the officer herself. I then asked how I can push this forward to the supervisor of the officer. I think at that point she went to get me a complaint form or something and started talking to another officer, who then came back with her.

The supervising officer asked me whether I have my notification and whether I have the receipt from KCC. I showed her both. She then told me something like 'well we still have until September to process those cases'. I then replied explaining that there are quotas and people who became current after me already got their GCs where I'm still waiting. We kept going back and forth talking about the process, she was saying inconsistent things and I was trying to figure out which parts were true and which parts were to diverge from the fact that they're so behind. They both then proceeded to go and talk to the officer who has my case.

When they came back they told me that I need to be patient and that I will receive and interview letter in a few weeks. She then said we don't have the file yet from KCC, so I asked whether I should contact KCC to check why they haven't sent the case yet. She then said that the field office has to request the file before KCC sends it. So I asked which happens first, KCC sending the file or the field office requesting it. She said the field office requesting it. So I said 'then it seems the delay is with scheduling and not with KCC' to which they replied 'No we can interview you even if we don't have the file'. REALLY?! so needless to say probably half of the information they were providing was geared towards getting me out of there.

DV PERM:

I'm willing to bet the inquiry from your congressman's office is already having some sort of effect. And like I noted earlier, if there's still no IL after the 45 days, get back to your congress person and let them know. I'm sure USCIS wouldn't want to hear again from your congress person regarding your case.

Sm1smom:

I think the same too. I think that the DC office has began to work and we should hear sometime soon and that might very well be the contact from Congressman. We'll see sometime soon.

I'm willing to bet the inquiry from your congressman's office is already having some sort of effect. And like I noted earlier, if there's still no IL after the 45 days, get back to your congress person and let them know. I'm sure USCIS wouldn't want to hear again from your congress person regarding your case.

My awesome friends and support group: The status updated just now to CPO for both of us. :) Very Happy.
I dont know if this was due to our infopass today morning or just a co-incidence but who cares.... :), now just awaiting the card by USPS....

Thanks again everyone (specially sm1smom, spice, ralf, romerro, c1984 etc.) for the faith and confidence. :)

AWESOME!!! Finally! Now don't be surprised when the CPO goes back to Decision for a day or two. I realized that it was basically just the status while they were actually making the card.

I just received the Welcome Letter today (even though the actual card was mailed already and should have arrived yesterday according to the USPS tracking #) I will keep waiting on that :)

EAD Arrived

Hello guys!
Today my family and I received our EAD by USPS priority mail (even my 6 yo son got one). The status changed in the system four times since 02/14/14 and I received three different emails on 02/19/14:

02/19
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On February 19, 2014, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

02/19
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on February 19, 2014. The USPS tracking number assigned is #DCN. You can use this number at <a href="https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=#DCN" target="_blank">www.usps.com</a> to view updates to the delivery status of your mail. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

02/19
Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity
On February 19, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

The cards are valid for a year and also serve as an Advance Parole. I am updating my case on the spreadsheet. I did my Biometrics on 01/09/14 and we still have not received the IL (we are doing AOS in Miami, FL). However, this is a great relief! I am on a H1B Visa and I started my own company a year ago, but I was not able to transfer my Visa to my own company! It is weird the way the immigrations rules work around here. Considering no one knows exactly the amount of time it could take to receive the IL after the Biometrics, I would strongly suggest everyone in the future to file the I-765 and I-131. You never know the opportunities you could miss (job offer or new business) by not having at least a work permit/advance parole.

Status
Not open for further replies.