• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from Nepal too. Where I can get that memo? Also Can I get ur facebook id so that we can chat conviniently regarding the cases? Mine is Realguyz52@yahoo.com

I am in same boat. There is a memo in Nepal US Embassy mentionting if you were born before specified year for specified district you won;t have proper Birth Certificate from hospital. In that case if the letter is english/nepali if from VDC it should work. I am planning to have that page printed and take it with me during interview or even submiting so that case officer is aware of it. I believe a letter with printed would be more reasonable that a hand printed letter.

Regards,

Hey DvPerm looks like we are in the same boat. Its going to be almost 5 months!!!!

After reading your post I went ahead and scheduled an InfoPass. The earliest date that I got is 30th Jan 2014. Dallas field office seems to be the slowest every year.

Patience, Patience, Patience is all I am telling myself these days. :)

Hi all,

My PERM application through my employer was approved recently. The PERM expires in 6 months, so I'm now thinking to give myself until Mid-February to hear back regarding the interview letter. If I don't hear back by then I'm going to file forms I-140/I-485. I scheduled an InfoPass for next week to inquire about the interview letter. Let me know if you've got thoughts on this situation!

Thanks

After your OPT ends, you have a 60-day grace period to change your status. During this period of time you are considered legal albeit not eligible for employment. Since your OPT ends in September, you don't need to worry about being out of status for the period of time between the completion of the OPT and the AOS interview.

Hi DVPERM and NPTS:

We are all in the same boat being in the same FO. However, as I posted before, I did follow up couple of times with FO, it seems that we are to receive the ILs sometime between 10 to 20 days at most from now. Let's hope for that otherwise this patience is killing me! :)

Hey DvPerm looks like we are in the same boat. Its going to be almost 5 months!!!!

After reading your post I went ahead and scheduled an InfoPass. The earliest date that I got is 30th Jan 2014. Dallas field office seems to be the slowest every year.

I am from Nepal too. Where I can get that memo? Also Can I get ur facebook id so that we can chat conviniently regarding the cases? Mine is Realguyz52@yahoo.com
Here is the link to the memo.
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NP.html
I don't have facebook. I regularly visit this forum and I am readily available to discuss any matters. I believe it would help other people who are in the forum as well. Best of luck ;) nepali sathee.

Thanks C1984, having the freedom to change jobs is a huge advantage. I am just getting worried since I haven't received my IL yet. It seems the FO has put the DV cases aside. Hopefully we can get their attention through InfoPass appointments.

Good luck to all!

I think you are doing the right thing.

I would follow through with the DV; it is expected to be a lot faster. Move forward with the I-140/I-485 only if DV is not moving and PERM is about to expire.

One huge advantage of DV over Employment Based (especially now that you have already paid the fees from your own pocket) is that you will not have any commitments to your employer. Under EB, you will have to stay with your employer at least for 3 to 6 months after receiving the GC before switching jobs, otherwise you may raise a few eyebrows particularly at your citizenship interview. With DV, you'll be free as a bird as soon as you have the plastic card in your pocket.

Good luck with your appointment npts. Looking at USCIS processing times it does seem like the Washington and Dallas offices are two of the busiest at this time. Hopefully we'll be able to nudge them to pay attention to the DV cases.

Good luck to all.

Thank you Sm1smom!
If your wife wants to get a SSN now, she will need to take the EAD card to the SSA building and apply for the SSN. The downside to applying for it now is that when the SSN is issued, it will have wordings like "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION". Then she will need to go back and request for a new card when she gets her GC (if she doesn't like seeing the restricted wordings on her SS card - some people don't bother to request for a replacement card though following the initial issue). Some simply wait for the GC before applying for the SSN since the time difference for DV based GC application is minimal. So, it's your call!

Interview Re-scheduled 12-Feb

As many of you know, my interview at Chicago FO didnt happen as USCIS was closed that day due to weather. We had gone the next day and were given a tentative date of 12-Feb for re-scheduled interview.

Yesterday 16-Jan, we received our new Interview Letters for 12-Feb. Hoping everything will go fine this time.
Thanks guys.

Good luck! I am a couple of hours away from Chicago, so the crazy weather got us too! :)

As many of you know, my interview at Chicago FO didnt happen as USCIS was closed that day due to weather. We had gone the next day and were given a tentative date of 12-Feb for re-scheduled interview.

Yesterday 16-Jan, we received our new Interview Letters for 12-Feb. Hoping everything will go fine this time.
Thanks guys.

Good luck with your appointment npts. Looking at USCIS processing times it does seem like the Washington and Dallas offices are two of the busiest at this time. Hopefully we'll be able to nudge them to pay attention to the DV cases.

Good luck to all.

DvPerm, I think this year it is taking longer than usual for some FO.

We cant do much except Wait.

Good Luck

Hi Guys,
I want to apply for EAD when I send my AOS (I-485) application. I couldnt find a post that describe exactly what documents to attached. Can someone please guide me. I'm on F1 student visa. SO if I make a separate bundle of documents with two photos, form I-765, copy of my passport picture, copy of I-94 is that enough? How about copies of I-20s, KCC letters etc? Did anybody attached those documents with the I-765 application set? So when I mail them (485 and 765) can I put them in two separate folders? Now I'm getting closer to submit even the minute things make me nervous. So your advices are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Here is the list of the documents that you should include along with your form I-765:
- Form G-1145, E-notification of application acceptance
- Form I-765, filled and signed.
- Two photos
- Initial evidence and supporting evidence documents (Passport ID; Passport with F-1 visa and US entry stamps pages; I-94 card; Proof of payment of DV Lottery fee; I-20).

With respect to separate folders, not sure, but it makes sense to me to put them in separate folders as they are two different application forms.

Hi Guys,
I want to apply for EAD when I send my AOS (I-485) application. I couldnt find a post that describe exactly what documents to attached. Can someone please guide me. I'm on F1 student visa. SO if I make a separate bundle of documents with two photos, form I-765, copy of my passport picture, copy of I-94 is that enough? How about copies of I-20s, KCC letters etc? Did anybody attached those documents with the I-765 application set? So when I mail them (485 and 765) can I put them in two separate folders? Now I'm getting closer to submit even the minute things make me nervous. So your advices are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys
Any idea what to write on the back of the photo when you dont have the "A number".. Should I use the I-94 card number?

Thanks

Hi guys
Any idea what to write on the back of the photo when you dont have the "A number".. Should I use the I-94 card number?

Thanks

I wrote: A-Number: None
I have just received the NOA, so seems initial screening is passed, hope it's a sign that photos have also been checked.
Of course you may look for comments from other members with more experience than me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not going to believe this case that I found in DV-2011 timeline. The username is eooedada.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1NDJaZWR0aTBQTHc&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Due to a very high CN (35xxx), they guy was to be current in Aug-11. However, he filed his I-485 in Oct-10. That's right, 10 MONTHS TOO EARLY! And his case was accepted and he got NOA and Bio appointments immediately.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2236860#post2236860

Wait for this to blow your mind:

The guy got an interview for Jun-11, 2 MONTHS BEFORE BECOMING CURRENT!

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2310193#post2310193

How did the interview go? Wait for it...

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2313506#post2313506

The IO didn't mention not being current at all. He was just concerned with his financials. He set a second interview in July and APPROVED his case, and he got the CPO in July, BEFORE BECOMING CURRENT!

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2322415#post2322415

And that's not all. After all these shenanigans, the guy filed a follow-to-join for her GF (and now wife) and she got an interview in August! I didn't find a record of how that one went.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2351608#post2351608

This guy is a legend!

how can this happen i always thought aos even get interviewed like a month later than the cp"s his number was eu35xxx !
and indeed he had he interview before current the way i see???
im lost on aos any help on this particular case !?

how can this happen i always thought aos even get interviewed like a month later than the cp"s his number was eu35xxx !
and indeed he had he interview before current the way i see???
im lost on aos any help on this particular case !?

It just shows the system is being operated by humans who don't know the right rules and make mistakes. Once the case was accepted (the mistake) everything else would have flowed from there in "normal" processing modes - and nobody stopped to check whether the case should even have been accepted at that time. I think this is why FOs are so twitchy about accepting the cases early even when they read the memo we helpfully attach to the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.