• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season89,

Your best bet is to attend your interview with your wife back in Nepal. Since you're not the principal applicant, you cannot do an early filing based on the newly released memo. Your wife must receive her GC first before you can initiate your AOS processing since you're a derivative. The only way you could have done that is if you're filing AOS together with your wife.

Oh wow - I didn't know that - in that case an August or September current date would be way too late.

Oh wow - I didn't know that - in that case an August or September current date would be way too late.

Yeah, he's a beneficiary of his wife's selection. Basically, what he's trying to do is a follow-to-join, even though he's already in the US. The main selectee/applicant has to complete processing before the derivate can initiate his/her processing. This to ensure there isn't a situation of the main applicant not succeeding with CP while the beneficiary succeeds with AOS if processed concurrently.

I'm not sure who the "experts" you contacted are. Immigration lawyers?

My suggestion to you would be to fill out a new set of I-485 and take it along to your interview. Present it as soon as you meet with your IO and explain why you're requesting to make the switch. Remember your application is DV based, it's a time limited application, you don't want to unnecessarily delay your case processing by mailing in a corrected form - your FO could send your case to the back of the queue for further review or the reason for sending in the new form could be misunderstood (even with a so called cover letter included).

Hi Sm1smom :)
Thanks for your attention.
By expert I'm referring to immigration lawyer on avvo.com.
Make sense, advice taken. See your inbox plz :)

Hi Sm1smom :)
Thanks for your attention.
By expert I'm referring to immigration lawyer on avvo.com.
Make sense, advice taken. See your inbox plz :)

I see. Avvo.com is not a bad source. Only problem is some of those responding to your question may not be highly knowledgeable in DV cases - the response could be based on a marriage or employment based aos.

Dear All lucky winners,
I am about to send the adjustment of status fee of 660 dollars for myself and my spouse using the form that KCC sent me with AOS confirmation letter.

I have two questions that I will be grateful if anybody helps me with:

1- Is using this form alone is appropriate because I cant find this form online anymore on department of state website?

2- What should I write on applicant's name part of the fee payment form? Just myself or myself as primary and my spouse as dependent ?

1. Yes, the form alone is sufficient
2. Use your full name as it appears on your selectee noticiation letter. Your spouse's name is not supposed to be listed on the form.

Dear All lucky winners,
I am about to send the adjustment of status fee of 660 dollars for myself and my spouse using the form that KCC sent me with AOS confirmation letter.

1- Is using this form alone is appropriate because I cant find this form online anymore on department of state website?

2- What should I write on applicant's name part of the fee payment form? Just myself or myself as primary and my spouse as dependent ?

Dear All lucky winners,

Just as a reminder, you should use a cashier's check or money order. You cannot pay with personal check. Cashier's check is preferable because you can track it with your bank.

Thank you both for your reply. I have already bought money order :(
Anyway, I have another question though; on usps money order it asks for the address of payee ( us department of state) . Which address should I put there ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview experience

Hello everybody!

I had my interview today. It was a long line, so I had been waiting for an hour or so when I was called. I gave my oath, and we began the interview. The atmosphere was not rigorous, but the conversation mainly was related to the application. First I was asked to show my original birth certificate with translation and passport. IO detached my I94 from the passport and began asking the questions from my application. Than he made some inputs in his computer and printed out a paper that shows that my application has been recommended for approval.

I just checked my case status, and it shows CPO now. Hopefully I will receive my card soon.

I want to thank everybody in this forum for your help and precious suggestions. Good luck to all of you!
If you have any questions, I will be here on the forum:)

Hello everybody!

I had my interview today. It was a long line, so I had been waiting for an hour or so when I was called. I gave my oath, and we began the interview. The atmosphere was not rigorous, but the conversation mainly was related to the application. First I was asked to show my original birth certificate with translation and passport. IO detached my I94 from the passport and began asking the questions from my application. Than he made some inputs in his computer and printed out a paper that shows that my application has been recommended for approval.

I just checked my case status, and it shows CPO now. Hopefully I will receive my card soon.

I want to thank everybody in this forum for your help and precious suggestions. Good luck to all of you!
If you have any questions, I will be here on the forum:)

Congrats, Maximi!

I have got my interview today as well. Waiting for about 1 hour and the process itself took 10-12 mins for me and my wife. Very friendly IO asks if we check all YES/NO questions right and mark all of them with red pen, we showed our passports and visas plus high school certificates. After that he printed out Congratulate letters for both of us and promised that cards will be arrived in 2-3 weeks.

I checked out my case status but nothing changed over there. Is it normal situation or not? Please, calm me :)

Anyway, thanks to all the people in this forum for answers and advice, and I wish all of you who are waiting for their turn as quickly as possible to go through this stage in their lives :)

cheers,
serge

Congrats to both of your Maximi and Serge!

Congrats, Maximi!

I have got my interview today as well. Waiting for about 1 hour and the process itself took 10-12 mins for me and my wife. Very friendly IO asks if we check all YES/NO questions right and mark all of them with red pen, we showed our passports and visas plus high school certificates. After that he printed out Congratulate letters for both of us and promised that cards will be arrived in 2-3 weeks.

I checked out my case status but nothing changed over there. Is it normal situation or not? Please, calm me :)

Anyway, thanks to all the people in this forum for answers and advice, and I wish all of you who are waiting for their turn as quickly as possible to go through this stage in their lives :)

cheers,
serge

Hmmmm... I'm gonna need to make a decision about how late I can start aos. I'm hoping to be current in May, but failing that June. I feel like that should be enough time for aos. However, it starts to get tricky for July current dates and probably too risky (for my nerve) if it were August or September. I know starting in September is theoretically possible but I don't think my heart could stand the stress!

So, for me I think the decision looks like this:-
May/June = aos
July = maybe
August/September = no.

Anyone agree/disagree?

I'm in a similar boat regarding the timing. It will be great if our numbers become current in May, but not very likely. I highly doubt they will progress further than 23,700 or so in April. Then in May, it will probably go up to 26,500. So I'm relying on June to reach the 30s mark.

Waiting on March to come about and see if it would make sense for me to do the CP option, instead of AOS because I haven't filed my KCC yet due to recent I-20 switches and the whole 90-day waiting period.

Also, did you participate in 2015?

Congratulations to both Maximi and Serge.I would like to find out if IO asked for financial proof. LIke bank statements, sponsor letter or employment verification.

Congratulations to both Maximi and Serge.I would like to find out if IO asked for financial proof. LIke bank statements, sponsor letter or employment verification.

Thanks! As for my case, IO did not ask me any financial docs, just passports and high school diplomas as I already mentioned.

cheers,
serge

Thank you both for your reply. I have already bought money order :(
Anyway, I have another question though; on usps money order it asks for the address of payee ( us department of state) . Which address should I put there ?

You should use the address you will be mailing the money order to: DV Visa Program, P.O.Box 979079, St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Status
Not open for further replies.