• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks c1984,
Tried working on the spreadsheet,dont really know how it works. Pls a quick one, how can i get intouch with my congressperson?

Thanks c1984,
Tried working on the spreadsheet,dont really know how it works. Pls a quick one, how can i get intouch with my congressperson?

Thank you for taking the time to enter your case in the spreadsheet.

This looks like a good start for contacting your elected officials. You can share with them that DV is eligible for expedited processing, because if not processed in a timely manner the visa will be lost.

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

Thanks c1984,

I hope you don't mind me asking as this might be very critical:

Were you on B1/B2 when you filed for AOS?
Did you seek any advice from anybody whether you were eligible to file for AOS?
When did you enter the US?
For what purpose?

I hope you don't mind me asking as this might be very critical:

Were you on B1/B2 when you filed for AOS?
Did you seek any advice from anybody whether you were eligible to file for AOS?
When did you enter the US?
For what purpose?

thanks c1984, its 2014AF31xx. Yes i did seek advise from an immigration lawyer and also uscis field office in atlanta. they all advise mi to go ahead with AOS here in the united states if i know that my visa number would be current before i run out of status. This which i did, because my number was current october 1st. i have gotten my ead card on novermber , just waiting to get interviewed.

Hi All,

Just returned from my InfoPass appointment. I inquired as to when I should expect an interview letter and why it's taking so long. The USCIS agent called someone over the phone and said something like 'I have another one of your diversity lottery folks asking when they will be scheduled for an interview'. I couldn't hear what the person on the other side said, when he hung up the agent told me that they are currently in the process of training new officers and an interview should be scheduled no more than 30 days from today. I asked him if this can be expedited and he said no since there's no one to run the interview at this time. So for those of us waiting for a word from the DC office, don't hold your breath, they're still training people to do the job.

Good luck to all.

Hi All,

Just returned from my InfoPass appointment. I inquired as to when I should expect an interview letter and why it's taking so long. The USCIS agent called someone over the phone and said something like 'I have another one of your diversity lottery folks asking when they will be scheduled for an interview'. I couldn't hear what the person on the other side said, when he hung up the agent told me that they are currently in the process of training new officers and an interview should be scheduled no more than 30 days from today. I asked him if this can be expedited and he said no since there's no one to run the interview at this time. So for those of us waiting for a word from the DC office, don't hold your breath, they're still training people to do the job.

Good luck to all.

Situations like these are exactly the ones that call for pressure from the elected representatives.

thanks c1984, its 2014AF31xx. Yes i did seek advise from an immigration lawyer and also uscis field office in atlanta. they all advise mi to go ahead with AOS here in the united states if i know that my visa number would be current before i run out of status. This which i did, because my number was current october 1st. i have gotten my ead card on novermber , just waiting to get interviewed.

Hmm! Very interesting. How long were you in the US for before filing? Where you already aware of your DV selection before coming to the US or where you already in the US when you found out about your DV selection? If you came in on a B1/B2 AFTER finding out you were selected, you stand a high chance of being accused of coming into the US with preconceived intent. I hope for your sake, the IO you end up seeing doesn't do a lot of digging around. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most CS will not accept TB skin tests conducted outside of their offices, (a few have accepted in the past, those few ones are hard to come by), because the medical exam is an unregulated additional source of revenue for them - another reason why most will not bill your insurance - they're free to charge whatever they feel like.

Most are usually okay with immunization records from other sources, so find the ones that will do that. You have to be willing/ready to cough up the dough needed for the TB test, if you want to proceed with your medical exam.

Yup, I guess I'll just have to cough it up. I personally have no problem with the money. I just don't want any more needles stuck in me and blood drawn. But I guess that's just me being petty.

Thanks c1984 and sm1smom!!

Hi all,

I know this forum is for AOS, but would like to ask if under CP and received notice of interview date, can DV selectees make request to US embassy to re-schedule (i.e. postpone) interview to a later date, if the selectee is already occupied in the original notified date.

Thanks.

I don't understand really what this means? Almost 15 days ago they told me that you will hear within 2 to 4 weeks and now almost more than 2 weeks, they are still saying 30 days. Don't they have any other I485 cases?

I am also going to appointment next week. I guess next week they will tell me again something like 30 days or 4 weeks. That probably means time never starts! :)

Hi All,

Good luck to all.

Hi all,

I know this forum is for AOS, but would like to ask if under CP and received notice of interview date, can DV selectees make request to US embassy to re-schedule (i.e. postpone) interview to a later date, if the selectee is already occupied in the original notified date.

Thanks.

You can postpone through contacting the embassy (because once you hear of the date the papers have prettty much gone to the embassy already). Some embassies a reluctant to reschedule appointments and of course you are delaying your process which is risky in a year where visas will run out - but that is your call. Only do it if really necessary.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Yes, you can contact the embassy to reschedule. But be aware that the closer to the end of the FY a previously scheduled DV interview is, the harder it is to reschedule such before the FY comes to an end.

DVPerm
Thanks for the update. I am hoping its not going to be the same "training new officers " here in Dallas FO when I go there on the 30th of Jan for InfoPass appointment.

Hi All,

Good luck to all.

Thanks sm1smom,I understand ur plight,came into the US before winning the lottery,have done a lot of research on this,and they all say am good to go including uscis and ken turkey. All we pray for is good news which is getting green!

Hi
I would like to confirm those forms (I-485...) should be signed in black. The notary i went to asked me to use blue and she said signatures should be in blue ink. So I'm easily worried... What do you guys suggest?

Thanks

The IL says if Highschool certificate is foreign it needs to be certified by a body like WES (World Education Services), has anyone done that before ? Is it mandatory ?

Status
Not open for further replies.