• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to both Maximi and Serge.I would like to find out if IO asked for financial proof. LIke bank statements, sponsor letter or employment verification.

Thank you. IO only asked me to show my Birth Certificate and passport. But I suggest you to bring your financial documents too. Sometimes IO can ask for financial support docs.

Yesterday after my interview I was given a sheet of paper named "Interview Results". But I have my first name misspelled on it (the order of two letters is changed). I have just noticed it now. It is not kind of official form though. But I am sure my name was written correctly on my I485 form. Would this cause any problems? What should I do?

Thank you

Hi All, I have simple question rather if any of you experienced it. I have 2 infant kids who are US Citizens, is it fine to take them to interview, does it makes any difference? The interview letter is addressed to me and my husband only.

Hi All, I have simple question rather if any of you experienced it. I have 2 infant kids who are US Citizens, is it fine to take them to interview, does it makes any difference? The interview letter is addressed to me and my husband only.

You can take them - it won't make any difference.

Sure, you should be ok attending the interview with your infant kids. Do remember to take along their birth certificates though, you are required to present this on their behalf as USC (whether they will be attending the interview with you or not).

Guys,

I don't know what is going on with DC FO but this is almost 4 months that we filed our application and I am tired of this paitence. We went to FO on Jan.9 and the officer checked with supervisor who handled the case and said you should hear within couple of weeks for IL. Today again I checked with USCIS 800 number with Officer L2 and he said that nothing is scheduled. I am kind of very worried. Any comments what should I do? I am going to FO again next week too!

Guys,

I don't know what is going on with DC FO but this is almost 4 months that we filed our application and I am tired of this paitence. We went to FO on Jan.9 and the officer checked with supervisor who handled the case and said you should hear within couple of weeks for IL. Today again I checked with USCIS 800 number with Officer L2 and he said that nothing is scheduled. I am kind of very worried. Any comments what should I do? I am going to FO again next week too!

You shouldn't be very worried.

Another InfoPass is a good idea. You can also start thinking about contacting your Congressperson's office.

Please update your info in the spreadsheet.

Hello guys,
I am from nepal filing in Dallas FO, and was current October. Did biometrics 70 days ago but have not heard back from them. Going through forum looks like all Dallas filers are on the same boat. I called USCIS and they said they have sent a message to Dallas FO and I should hear back from them in mail in about two weeks.
My OPT expires May. Will I be able to extend my OPT (STEM) if the AOS remain undecided till then ?

Medical Exam

Hello to all!

I'm about to send in my I-485 package on February 1st and have a few questions in regards to the Medical Examination.

1. Does the TB skin test have to be done by the CS? I had ALL tests and immunizations taken care of by my school's hospital in October, last year, and have the records that obviously attest to that. My understanding is that all I'll need from the CS is a physical and the I-693 filled out in accordance with my records.

If the above is correct, then why am I getting snarls and growls from some Civil Surgeons as if I did the wrong thing by avoiding the full hit of their $400 charge when I went through my school's insurance? One CS has been trying to 'outdate' my records that are a mere 3 months old.

Any suggestions or more insight would be most appreciated!

Hello to all!

I'm about to send in my I-485 package on February 1st and have a few questions in regards to the Medical Examination.

1. Does the TB skin test have to be done by the CS? I had ALL tests and immunizations taken care of by my school's hospital in October, last year, and have the records that obviously attest to that. My understanding is that all I'll need from the CS is a physical and the I-693 filled out in accordance with my records.

If the above is correct, then why am I getting snarls and growls from some Civil Surgeons as if I did the wrong thing by avoiding the full hit of their $400 charge when I went through my school's insurance? One CS has been trying to 'outdate' my records that are a mere 3 months old.

Many (most? all?) CSs don't accept TB test from another place. They may not even accept to 'read' a freshly administered skin test in another place. Not unusual at all. It could be driven by greed, it could be driven by scientific facts. The point is, your options are limited to their list.

Didn't you apply for work permit?

From status point of view as long as you have already filed I-485 , you are good.

The key is that there are two points:

To be in status: Since I-485 already filed, you are good.

Authorization for work: If you have not filed work permit , when your OPT ends you are still in status but you can;t work. I would say not to file for OPT now since you will have two file in USCIS which might again create confusion. Others might have provide some inputs as well.

Best of luck.

Hello guys,
I am from nepal filing in Dallas FO, and was current October. Did biometrics 70 days ago but have not heard back from them. Going through forum looks like all Dallas filers are on the same boat. I called USCIS and they said they have sent a message to Dallas FO and I should hear back from them in mail in about two weeks.
My OPT expires May. Will I be able to extend my OPT (STEM) if the AOS remain undecided till then ?

Am a regular reader of this forum,won the dv 2014 lottery and also doing aos..please is anyone here that is waiting for IL from Atlanta FO?I did my finger print on the 10th of October,have since got my work authorization card(novermber 4). Have not heard anything from the uscis.am kind of worried,did an info pass for 6th of feb.pls is there anyone in the same boat with mi?

Am a regular reader of this forum,won the dv 2014 lottery and also doing aos..please is anyone here that is waiting for IL from Atlanta FO?I did my finger print on the 10th of October,have since got my work authorization card(novermber 4). Have not heard anything from the uscis.am kind of worried,did an info pass for 6th of feb.pls is there anyone in the same boat with mi?

Hi uwakings,

Please take a moment to update your info in the spreadsheet. It will be very helpful to others, and also people will be able to provide better advice with the additional information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqV9QL_-yUzJdDdvdFREMkNDeFNDVzFzblo2bkFYclE#gid=0

It is not out of ordinary for large metropolitan areas such as ATL to take longer to schedule an interview. InfoPass is a good idea. You may also contact your congressperson to put some pressure on the USCIS.

Hello guys,

OPT is based on your F1 status, which is not a dual intent visa. By filing 1-485, you've declared an immigrant intent, you therefore cannot go back and request for an OPT extension. You should have file for an EAD card which would have enabled you to keep working following the expiration of your current OPT, assuming your I-485 is not yet adjudicated in May. If your OPT expires and you're yet to be interviewed, you will need to stop working.

2014AF31XX
2013-05-01: Status check: Selected
2013-05-13: DSP122+Barcode+2 Photos mailed to KCC
2013-07-21: AOS confirmation e-mail from KCC
2013-08-04: DV fee mailed
2013-08-28: DV receipt e-mail
2013-09-04: Chicago LockBox
2013-09-11: NOA (text+email)
2013-09-21: Biometrics letter
2013-10-10: Biometrics walk-in
2013-11-04: EAD card
????-??-??: Interview letter
????-??-??: Interview
????-??-??: Card production
????-??-??: ??????????????

Hello to all!

Most CS will not accept TB skin tests conducted outside of their offices, (a few have accepted in the past, those few ones are hard to come by), because the medical exam is an unregulated additional source of revenue for them - another reason why most will not bill your insurance - they're free to charge whatever they feel like.

Most are usually okay with immunization records from other sources, so find the ones that will do that. You have to be willing/ready to cough up the dough needed for the TB test, if you want to proceed with your medical exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.