• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter for Biometrics says Phones are not permitted.
Is it that we have to leave our phones at home before going for the biometrics?
OR,
Are there any lockers in the USCIS office where we can store our phones while we are doing the biometrics?

Please let me know?
Just leave the phone in the car. If you're taking public transportation, then keep the phone with you but turn it off and don't display it. The ASC is not at a USCIS office, it's not a federal gov't installation with metal detectors and security guards.

Hi,

My package was received at Chicago Lockbox and 5 days later I got the NOA by Text & Email. Before i noticed my email, I went online and checked the status. Later in email I read where it says to wait till you get 797, does it makes any difference that I checked my status online before receiving 797 ?

I had a L2 Visa with EAD, I have applied for EAD, will I have to go for Biometrics again ?

Thanks.

Case status

Hi All,
I had my biometric on Nov 1 but my case status for I-485 still under acceptance and my I-765- initial review. Does anyone have the same case status like mine? Very appreciate y'all reply. Thanks

Hi,

My package was received at Chicago Lockbox and 5 days later I got the NOA by Text & Email. Before i noticed my email, I went online and checked the status. Later in email I read where it says to wait till you get 797, does it makes any difference that I checked my status online before receiving 797 ?

I had a L2 Visa with EAD, I have applied for EAD, will I have to go for Biometrics again ?

Thanks.

No, it makes no difference that you checked online before receiving the official acceptance notification. The only reason they ask people not to check early, (a standard response), is to give them enough time to upload the case online and to prevent applicants from panicking if the status check returns with a case cannot be found message.

First of all, the biometrics is not tied to just the EAD. Those who did not include an EAD application with their I-485 package are still required to go for biometrics. Now, how long ago was your last biometrics? That answer will determine whether you'll need to do a new biometric or not.

The letter for Biometrics says Phones are not permitted.
Is it that we have to leave our phones at home before going for the biometrics?
OR,
Are there any lockers in the USCIS office where we can store our phones while we are doing the biometrics?

Please let me know?

You can take your phone with your to the Biometrics Appointment. You should be okay as long as you're not using it. It is when you go for the interview proper that you cannot go into the building with your phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I had my biometric on Nov 1 but my case status for I-485 still under acceptance and my I-765- initial review. Does anyone have the same case status like mine? Very appreciate y'all reply. Thanks

Please read previous "AOS Process" on the spreadsheet in the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=0

Also read previous postings/responses:

Hello awesome support group!
I just got the text update that my status has changed and checked online that now I am at Card/Document Production. As Sm1smom rightly stated, it went straight from Acceptance to Card/Document Production. I am too excited to think! Thank you all for your advice and support during this whole process and praise the Lord for His wonderful goodness toward me!
I would especially like to thank Sm1smom for taking time from her life to answer EACH question and sometimes even review specifics of my case. I raise my glass to celebrate my success but also to thank you for your part in it!

Hello everybody!
I have a question to those who received bio appointment letter. Did your case status change from the "Acceptance" to "Initial review"?
Not for me. For the I-485 my case status stayed at "Acceptance" all the way to the end, when it suddenly changed to "Card/ Document Production".

No, it makes no difference that you checked online before receiving the official acceptance notification. The only reason they ask people not to check early, (a standard response), is to give them enough time to upload the case online and to prevent applicants from panicking if the status check returns with a case cannot be found message.

First of all, the biometrics is not tied to just the EAD. Those who did not include an EAD application with their I-485 package are still required to go for biometrics. Now, how long ago was your last biometrics? That answer will determine whether you'll need to do a new biometric or not.

Thanks, the last Biometric was done in Feb 2012 when my Visa status was L2. My husband is now on H1 & I am on H4 so he will have to go in any case.

Medical DONE!!!

We just completed the medical test and got the sealed envelope today. It was much expensive than what I thought initially.
The following is the total cost that we paid per person.
$150 - physical test, TB test and syphillis.
$110 - Vericella
$75 - MMR
$65 - Tdap
$25 - Flu shot.
Total $425/person.
I don't think my insurance will waive any of these costs but I will file the claim anyway.

Medical DONE!!!

We just completed the medical test and got the sealed envelope today. It was much expensive than what I thought initially.
The following is the total cost that we paid per person.
$150 - physical test, TB test and syphillis.
$110 - Vericella
$75 - MMR
$65 - Tdap
$25 - Flu shot.
Total $425/person.
I don't think my insurance will waive any of these costs but I will file the claim anyway.

Where did you get your medical check done? so much to expensive.
I did mine:
$120 - physical test, TB test and syphillis
$20- Tdap
$20 - Flu shot
$20- MMR

Tdap, Flu shot and MMR i went to the department of Health
Make sure do some research to save some buckss ;)

Where did you get your medical check done? so much to expensive.
I did mine:
$120 - physical test, TB test and syphillis
$20- Tdap
$20 - Flu shot
$20- MMR

Tdap, Flu shot and MMR i went to the department of Health
Make sure do some research to save some buckss ;)

I did some research.
Our local health department does not offer any vaccinations other than flu shots.
Dallas county health department offers those vaccinations but they are about same price that I paid.
I can't believe you did that cheap. Which state do you live in? Today I found that some health departments in Oklahoma do in your price. I would not gone that far even if I had known the price before and also they may not allow the vaccinations to out of state residents.

Although it is all water under the bridge now, but did you call all the recommended CS in your area and asked upfront about what the medical exam would cost?

I did some research.
Our local health department does not offer any vaccinations other than flu shots.
Dallas county health department offers those vaccinations but they are about same price that I paid.
I can't believe you did that cheap. Which state do you live in? Today I found that some health departments in Oklahoma do in your price. I would not gone that far even if I had known the price before and also they may not allow the vaccinations to out of state residents.

Although it is all water under the bridge now, but did you call all the recommended CS in your area and asked upfront about what the medical exam would cost?

Yes mom. I went to the cheapest one that I could find. I think medical test cost is OK. But the vaccination cost is expensive but again that's the rate in our area. So it all good since it is done for very good cause.

I got interviewed on last Thursday and approved !!

The questions were almost the same as those in forms that I sent in my package. Officer just asked some of them again and ticked on papers. She check my documents (interview letter, stamped biometrics,acceptance of i485 letter,current university enrollment letter and ...). She also asked for address of my university and she wanted to see my current university transcript to make sure that I registered for all semesters that I were in US. She also asked to see my current university id.

I think because I was TA and RA in my current university in some semesters and those semesters I just got 6 credit hours and she said in their records my status was not registered normally. I showed my transcripts (registration history) and explained for her that 6 credit hours+ RA is considered to be full time. That was why she asked to see documents regarding my current university.

The rest of things happened were nothing special !

I got interviewed on last Thursday and approved !!

The questions were almost the same as those in forms that I sent in my package. Officer just asked some of them again and ticked on papers. She check my documents. She also asked for address of my university and she wanted to see my current university transcript to make sure that I registered for all semesters that I were in US.

Congrats on your approval. Could you kindly update the spreadsheet as it will be helpful for the rest.

The Spreadsheet is HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.