• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
My insurance from school covered TB (blood) as well. No I did not pay any co-pay for vaccinations since vaccinations was covered. $120 was for physical and syphilis blood test only. Actually syphilis blood test was covered by my school insurance but I just dint have time to drive all the way to Denton and back to Carrollton , so just paid $20 extra.
Following was covered by school insurance
1. Tdap
2. MMR
3.Varicella Immunization
4.Syphilis blood test
5. Flu- Although this was covered I did not have to take it since my medical was done prior to flu season (Oct)
6. TB-Blood Test

Thanks for the info.

I called the Health and Wellness Center of my university today and talked about all these vaccinations.
The lady told me that since I don't have any doctor's recommendation to do these vaccinations so it may not be covered by the insurance. She said she will file to insurance anyway but it is not guaranteed for the coverage. Seems like you had no issue with the coverage.

I read somewhere in this forum that insurance typically don't cover any of the I-693 stuffs.

Thanks for the info.

I called the Health and Wellness Center of my university today and talked about all these vaccinations.
The lady told me that since I don't have any doctor's recommendation to do these vaccinations so it may not be covered by the insurance. She said she will file to insurance anyway but it is not guaranteed for the coverage. Seems like you had no issue with the coverage.

I read somewhere in this forum that insurance typically don't cover any of the I-693 stuffs.

Birahi_kancha, (i assume you re from Nepal :), me too). I did AOS for 2013 and to let you know, school insurance dont cover these vaccinations (at least it didnt cover mine, i even filed the claim but came up with $0 reimbursement). But again, it depends on insurance i guess. Let me know, if you have any other questions. Make sure you follow 'Sm1smom' instructions, those ll get you through all these hassles. Good Luck!

Birahi_kancha, (i assume you re from Nepal :), me too). I did AOS for 2013 and to let you know, school insurance dont cover these vaccinations (at least it didnt cover mine, i even filed the claim but came up with $0 reimbursement). But again, it depends on insurance i guess. Let me know, if you have any other questions. Make sure you follow 'Sm1smom' instructions, those ll get you through all these hassles. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot xenonflux. BTW I have sent you a private message as well.

Thank you for the idea. I will call on Monday, to see what is going on.

Congrats! Happy to know your package has been accepted and you've received the acceptance notification. I have no idea why a new A# was issued to you (USCIS seem to be doing this often when a previously issued A# has been provided by an applicant). But one thing I do know is that providing the previous A# makes it easy for them to request all the previous files they have on you and merge them together - hopefully, this would have happened by the time you go for the interview. Be sure to mention the two A# to the IO at the time of your interview. Meanwhile, it doesn't hurt to give them a call and state your observation, if steps haven't been made to pull up your previous file(s), calling will cause them to begin this process and hopefully will not cause your case to be delayed.

Hey peeps, can everyone who hasn't yet please add themselves to the spreadsheet so helpfully created by Sm1smom and update their personal signatures as their cases progress. :)

I've also put together a DV 2014 AOS Timelines spreadsheet you guys can use to monitor and compare the progress of your cases. Yes, the VB just came out and the FY doesn't till October which means most of you are not yet current, but this is something we have found to be useful in the past.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqV9QL_-yUzJdDdvdFREMkNDeFNDVzFzblo2bkFYclE#gid=0

Hello party people :)

2 questions regarding the i-485.....

1. Part 1- Does the "expires on" date refer to the expiration of the i-94 (D/S) or my F1 status (OPT expires 06/02/14 (noted as the "end date" in my most recent i-20) with 60 days grace period afterwards ie 08/01/14). If its my F1 status- do I put the OPT end date or the date my grace period ends?

2. Part 3C- The only memberships and associations Ive belonged to are professional associations for attorneys. Do I try and list these (the dates are a bit fuzzy for some) or is this not the type of thing they are interested in?

Thanks peeps :)

Hey,
I am in a super dilemma right now. My CN number is 2014AS00009xxx. I applied to do for an AOS At current rate, my number will be current in May/june.
The problem is I will be graduating this december. That means I need to apply for OPT before December. Does dv-process hamper my OPT process? one of my friend (with similar condition) delayed his graduation time...Even if i delay my graduation one more semester, it is still unsure that I will get my interview before the extra semester ends which will lead to my current situation...so can you tell me what should i do?
really appreciate your response...

Hello party people :)

2 questions regarding the i-485.....

1. Part 1- Does the "expires on" date refer to the expiration of the i-94 (D/S) or my F1 status (OPT expires 06/02/14 (noted as the "end date" in my most recent i-20) with 60 days grace period afterwards ie 08/01/14). If its my F1 status- do I put the OPT end date or the date my grace period ends?

2. Part 3C- The only memberships and associations Ive belonged to are professional associations for attorneys. Do I try and list these (the dates are a bit fuzzy for some) or is this not the type of thing they are interested in?

Thanks peeps :)

1. If your current status is F1 OPT, then put the date as shown on your most recent I-20.

2. Yes, list the professional associations. The dates do not have to be an exact match, you can approximate.

Hey,
I am in a super dilemma right now. My CN number is 2014AS00009xxx. I applied to do for an AOS At current rate, my number will be current in May/june.
The problem is I will be graduating this december. That means I need to apply for OPT before December. Does dv-process hamper my OPT process? one of my friend (with similar condition) delayed his graduation time...Even if i delay my graduation one more semester, it is still unsure that I will get my interview before the extra semester ends which will lead to my current situation...so can you tell me what should i do?
really appreciate your response...

For as long as you haven't sent in your I-485 package, the DV process shouldn't negatively impact applying for OPT. Although a job offer is not required in order to apply for post-completion OPT, students are advised that "during post-completion OPT, F-1 status is dependent upon employment," and there is an aggregate limit 90 days of "unemployment" that can be accrued while on post-completion OPT. This means if you opt to graduate and apply for OPT, you'll have about 90 days in which to begin employment in a field of work that is directly related to your field of study.

Hey Mom,

What is the basis for including military records in the I-485 package? Where is it mentioned that it is a requirement?

Thanks!

Hey Mom,

What is the basis for including military records in the I-485 package? Where is it mentioned that it is a requirement?

Thanks!

I mean besides answering the relevant questions, where is it mentioned that the actual military records should be provided as a supplemental document?

Thanks!

Form I-485 itself does not state Military Records should be submitted. However, the US DOS website, under Instructions for Selectees mentions Military Records under the required Civil Documents:

Persons who have served in the military forces of any country must obtain a copy of their military record. Submit documentation to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

I mean besides answering the relevant questions, where is it mentioned that the actual military records should be provided as a supplemental document?

Thanks!

Hi, I filled the DSP-122 form and sent to KCC. Now, I received the email from KCC. On the fourth paragraph it says:
You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearast your place of residence inorder to apply for adjustment of status. What does it mean?

Is it that I have to send I-485 to local USCIS instead of Chicago Lockbox?
OR,
Send the I-485 to Chicago Lockbox and inform local USCIS office?
OR,
Anything else?

Please let me know.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Form I-485 itself does not state Military Records should be submitted. However, the US DOS website, under Instructions for Selectees mentions Military Records under the required Civil Documents:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

Hmmm... That looks like to be only applicable to CP. They are also mentioning Police Records, which we know is not required for AOS. On page 1, there is a link on the bottom of the page for AOS that "branches off" and never mentions Military Records.

What do you think? Thanks for the link btw.

None of my friends that have done military service provided their Military Records to get their GCs and they were all surprised when I mentioned it.

Hmmm... That looks like to be only applicable to CP. They are also mentioning Police Records, which we know is not required for AOS. On page 1, there is a link on the bottom of the page for AOS that "branches off" and never mentions Military Records.

What do you think? Thanks for the link btw.

None of my friends that have done military service provided their Military Records to get their GCs and they were all surprised when I mentioned it.

You're most likely right on this. I did some additional research on this, and Military Record doesn't seem to be required for AOS applicants :). Thanks for catching that, will make changes to the spreadsheet accordingly.

You're most likely right on this. I did some additional research on this, and Military Record doesn't seem to be required for AOS applicants :). Thanks for catching that, will make changes to the spreadsheet accordingly.

Thanks, Mom. Your spreadsheet is a great resource.

I'm glad that I can skip that one. :) When I moved to the US, that was the only document that I didn't bring multiple copies of certified translations for.

On a separate note, is it advisable to provide photocopies of certified translations in the package. I can take the original document and the "original" certified translation to the interview.

I just don't want to use up an original certified translation if not required. On the other hand, it might not be worth the potential additional headache, if any.

Thanks!

Guys when can I start doing my medicals, my CN is EU19XXX? I'm in Philadelphia, is there anybody who did medicals in Philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.