• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's possible to do the biometric at another ASC outside of the one in your State, it will not negatively impact your case if you opt to do that. As a matter of fact on the DV2013 AOS thread, there was a forum member who wasn't allowed to do a walk in at his assigned ASC, but was able to do a walk-in at another ASC in another State. I can't remember this person's name, this posting was done towards the end of the 2013 FY, you should be able to find the posting if you have the time to go through 2013 thread.

That's reassuring. I guess I will give it a try (when the time comes) and see how it goes.

Thanks! :)

I have heard there are some schools accept students on F2 visa as a part time student, or for a short period of time until changing to F1. So Ask the school that you attend or any school near by if they are willing to accept your wife on F2 visa as a full or part time student. Then you don't need to worry about changing to F1 for now at least.
I believe non F-1 visa holders can take classes as non-degree students. Colleges usually call the program "adult education", "continuing education", "lifelong learning", "professional development", or the like.

Yes, it's possible to do the biometric at another ASC outside of the one in your State, it will not negatively impact your case if you opt to do that. As a matter of fact on the DV2013 AOS thread, there was a forum member who wasn't allowed to do a walk in at his assigned ASC, but was able to do a walk-in at another ASC in another State. I can't remember this person's name, this posting was done towards the end of the 2013 FY, you should be able to find the posting if you have the time to go through 2013 thread.

Found it! :) Too bad the guy didn't come back to share the aftermath and the interview experience. I'm going to assume nothing went wrong.

going to give another asc a shot tomorrow morning. To add to this, it's another state (nj vs nyc). Technically nyc is 5min away, nj is 30min drive. Here's hoping ASC is just a processing plant and the data is just pushed back to the same database.

..either that or I'm really stuffed.

Walked into the NYC office when it opened - all sorted in less than 20 minutes. Everyone was friendly and moved very quickly *touch wood we're back on track*. When they scan the letter it populates all the fields - msc #, name, dob etc. It's a custom app so I would assume it links back to a central DB and it doesn't matter which ASC you have the bio covered at.

Now the bio is done guess just have to wait for the interview letter. 6w remaining.

Found it! :) Too bad the guy didn't come back to share the aftermath and the interview experience. I'm going to assume nothing went wrong.

I'm glad you found the posts :). My guess is the rest of the processing went well for him (even though he neglected to come back and inform the the forum of his success - like a lot of people have done - they come in, ask questions, and never bother to come back and report on the outcome) :(

HI,
I am currently in US and in F1 status. I already submitted my DV processing fee and received the stamped paper back. So what will be the next step in adjustment of status. I am so confused about all these precessings. I'll really appreciate the reponse.

Thank you

Hi there sapanaw!!

I would recommend reading this thread from the start and also maybe reading the 2013 AOS thread as well. There is lots of great info on the AOS process. Sm1smom has even put together a google doc with the steps. Im sure you'll find the link to it if you read through. Once youve done that and if you still have questions etc feel free to post them here :)

HI,
I am currently in US and in F1 status. I already submitted my DV processing fee and received the stamped paper back. So what will be the next step in adjustment of status. I am so confused about all these precessings. I'll really appreciate the reponse.

Thank you

I thought because of positive TB test, the medicals are only good for 6 months. If it's valid for a year, then I should probably do it all soon.

An applicant with a confirmed positive TB will have to complete treatment before he/she gets gets approved for the GC, the treatment process itself is a couple of months which is another reason why doing medical early may not be a bad idea.

Hello everybody!

My package was delivered to Chicago lock box on November 1. There are actually two addresses to send: one is for USPS postal services, and the second is for the express services. I ordered an USPS express services. Is it OK that I filed it to the second address (that is USCIS, Attn: FBAS, 131 South Dearborn, 3rd floor,Chicago, IL 60603-5517) since it is an express delivery? I didn't have any message yet, so a bit worrying about it.
I will add my progress to the spreadsheet as soon as it is accepted.
Good luck to everybody!

Hello everybody!

My package was delivered to Chicago lock box on November 1. There are actually two addresses to send: one is for USPS postal services, and the second is for the express services. I ordered an USPS express services. Is it OK that I filed it to the second address (that is USCIS, Attn: FBAS, 131 South Dearborn, 3rd floor,Chicago, IL 60603-5517) since it is an express delivery? I didn't have any message yet, so a bit worrying about it.
I will add my progress to the spreadsheet as soon as it is accepted.
Good luck to everybody!
I used USPS express mail and sent it to the second address. The reason for a different address is because UPS, Fedex, and USPS Express require recipient signature, so there must be an actual person waiting there. The first address is an unattended mailbox.

I used USPS express mail and sent it to the second address. The reason for a different address is because UPS, Fedex, and USPS Express require recipient signature, so there must be an actual person waiting there. The first address is an unattended mailbox.

Thank you for quick response, Hexa!
USPS also confirmed delivery with a signature, so hope it will be accepted soon.

As....11***

I recently checked my case where I won a the dv lottery 2014, but my case no. AS.....11*** Is this high number for Asia? I am wondering my case number gets current or not? I am planing to do AOS, so what are the steps should i follow at this point. Please help me.:)

I recently checked my case where I won a the dv lottery 2014, but my case no. AS.....11*** Is this high number for Asia? I am wondering my case number gets current or not? I am planing to do AOS, so what are the steps should i follow at this point. Please help me.:)

Please read this thread from page 1. If you have any questions, after that please shoot here. You may also want to read the AOS- 2013 thread too.

I think once you read, you will be able to answer your questions. :)

You need to read this thread from page 1 - it is the best investment of your time in this process - TRUST ME. at the same time, thoroughly study the following spreadsheet compiled by Sm1smom: https://docs.google.com/a/vt.edu/sp...Lxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=5.
the spreadsheet outlines the process in great detail and the forum answers questions/misunderstandings that come up, usually case specific, and gives useful advice on the best actions to take in certain situations. its worth the read.
after you are familiar with all that you can ask anything else here.

Hello,

I send my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox last week. Now, I recerived both the text and the email confirmation from them saying that my case is accepted and is routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for the processing. But the thing is that they send me three texts and three emails with the three different receipt numbers? Is it always like this?

Also, do I have to inform my local USCIS office regarding my AOS process?

Hello,

I send my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox last week. Now, I recerived both the text and the email confirmation from them saying that my case is accepted and is routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for the processing. But the thing is that they send me three texts and three emails with the three different receipt numbers? Is it always like this?

Could you please update your case info here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqV9QL_-yUzJdDdvdFREMkNDeFNDVzFzblo2bkFYclE#gid=0

Thanks!

1. How many people did you apply to adjust status?

2. you do not have to notify the local USCIS. information is passed along through USCIS.

Hello,

Hello,

Did you include forms I-765, I-131 with your application? Do you have dependents applying for AOS with you?

And yes, update the spreadsheet with your case details like c1984 suggested.

For me I send the forms I-485, G-325A, and G-1145
and for my wife I send the forms I-485, G-325A, I-765 and G-1145

Status
Not open for further replies.