• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Did the walk in today, ASC was at ~10% capacity based on the seating, and the manager ended up telling me "i can't help you, nothing i can do". Pleaded with her that I understand I'm 10 days early, though I'm against the clock as this has to be done by the end of september. "who told you this?!" --> as far as I understand that's the process for a DV, their year is oct thru to september.

---> "I'm no expert but if you filed your paperwork, and it's been accepted, then nothing to worry about, if you had a medical condition i could make an exception but your reason isn't valid in my book"
---> "I don't believe thats the case, if this isn't handled by the end of SEP as it's a DV, that's the end of it. Is there anything you can do? we're willing to wait all day"
---> "like i said sir nothing i can do".

mind blown yet again. Will have to wait another ~10 days to to the bio, then i suppose expect an interview letter by sep 10'ish. Provided the letter comes in. Any suggestions? Suck it up and wait?

I'm sorry you unfortunately keep experiencing one form of obstacle after the other. I would suggest making another walking-in attemp maybe next week? You could take along a copy of your 2NL where they indicated the process has to be completed by Sept 30th, may be that could help if they ask you again "who told you" I certainly don't think that supervisor knows what she's saying.

I'm not sure how you presented yourself when you went earlier on, but just try to act normal if you attempt it again. Don't give any indication you know you're not supposed to be there, unless they point that out. You might want to go in just after lunch? Sometimes, they just take the form without looking at the date on it if. I'm sorry things have been a bit more stressful for you, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. You will get your GC at the end of all these!

I'm sorry you unfortunately keep experiencing one form of obstacle after the other. I would suggest making another walking-in attemp maybe next week? You could take along a copy of your 2NL where they indicated the process has to be completed by Sept 30th, may be that could help if they ask you again "who told you" I certainly don't think that supervisor knows what she's saying.

I'm not sure how you presented yourself when you went earlier on, but just try to act normal if you attempt it again. Don't give any indication you know you're not supposed to be there, unless they point that out. You might want to go in just after lunch? Sometimes, they just take the form without looking at the date on it if. I'm sorry things have been a bit more stressful for you, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. You will get your GC at the end of all these!

The office is a pain to get to, had to rent a car etc, so will just go on the day (fri next week). Presentation wise suited up since i was heading to the office after, spoke to 2 people and they said it's all fine but would need the manager to sign off. Probably should have just played dumb and crossed the date bridge if it was raised, honestly thought just being up front and transparent was the right approach...should have thought about my audience a little more. ugh.

Is there any point going to a different ASC? More than likely that would complicate things further? I'm 50/50 on stopping in again but I can just see I'm going to get jammed with the same manager. As soon as I answered no to "is this a medical emergency" she already made up her mind, wouldn't budge.

The office is a pain to get to, had to rent a car etc, so will just go on the day (fri next week). Presentation wise suited up since i was heading to the office after, spoke to 2 people and they said it's all fine but would need the manager to sign off. Probably should have just played dumb and crossed the date bridge if it was raised, honestly thought just being up front and transparent was the right approach...should have thought about my audience a little more. ugh.

Is there any point going to a different ASC? More than likely that would complicate things further? I'm 50/50 on stopping in again but I can just see I'm going to get jammed with the same manager. As soon as I answered no to "is this a medical emergency" she already made up her mind, wouldn't budge.

Going to a different ASC is likely to cause additional complications, I'm thinking, I don't know for certain. Yeah, best bet would have been to simply present the letter and play dumb, but I guess that's just water under the bridge now.

Alrighty :) ... I did the walk-in for biometrics today :)... Like 'Sm1smom' said, info pass was not required. Went smooth and got out in 15 mins. No questions asked. Now the countdown begins :) ...

Note: To those whose FO is in SC, you dont need Info Pass appt for walk-in bio.

Going to a different ASC is likely to cause additional complications, I'm thinking, I don't know for certain. Yeah, best bet would have been to simply present the letter and play dumb, but I guess that's just water under the bridge now.

going to give another asc a shot tomorrow morning. To add to this, it's another state (nj vs nyc). Technically nyc is 5min away, nj is 30min drive. Here's hoping ASC is just a processing plant and the data is just pushed back to the same database.

..either that or I'm really stuffed.

going to give another asc a shot tomorrow morning. To add to this, it's another state (nj vs nyc). Technically nyc is 5min away, nj is 30min drive. Here's hoping ASC is just a processing plant and the data is just pushed back to the same database.

..either that or I'm really stuffed.

Ok, let us know how it goes. My guess is it probably shouldn't be a problem, and they should be able to push the data back to your FO. When you do go, don't give any impression of being at a different ASC or that you're coming in at an earlier date, just pretend like everything is in order. If they point out the date, you might want to come up with some excuse about needing to go out of town the next day and that you might be gone for a while or some similar 'bogus' reason.

Good luck and Keep us posted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, let us know how it goes. My guess is it probably shouldn't be a problem, and they should be able to push the data back to your FO. When you do go, don't give any impression of being at a different ASC or that you're coming in at an earlier date, just pretend like everything is in order. If they point out the date, you might want to come up with some excuse about needing to go out of town the next day and that you might be gone for a while or some similar 'bogus' reason.

Good luck and Keep us posted!

Walked into the NYC office when it opened - all sorted in less than 20 minutes. Everyone was friendly and moved very quickly *touch wood we're back on track*. When they scan the letter it populates all the fields - msc #, name, dob etc. It's a custom app so I would assume it links back to a central DB and it doesn't matter which ASC you have the bio covered at.

Now the bio is done guess just have to wait for the interview letter. 6w remaining.

Great!

Walked into the NYC office when it opened - all sorted in less than 20 minutes. Everyone was friendly and moved very quickly *touch wood we're back on track*. When they scan the letter it populates all the fields - msc #, name, dob etc. It's a custom app so I would assume it links back to a central DB and it doesn't matter which ASC you have the bio covered at.

Now the bio is done guess just have to wait for the interview letter. 6w remaining.

Guys,
I went to field office today and they told me we got your files on Aug 2nd and you still need to wait. I want to know if the background check is already done before transferring files to FO, When should I start to talk to others such as congressman or somebody else?
Thanks,

I think you should receive the letter in just a few days. You can try to go back to the field office next week.

Thanks Kazore
we did bio on July 16th and I think to be safe we should get the letter by the end of August so the interview will be at mid of September. Do I need to talk to congressman or let the process go in normal way?
Thanks.

I have been reading through people's experiences from last year. There is this one guy who got interview the last day. Thing here is don't get frustrated. I think you can make an inforpass appointment and present your case with supporting evidence. Go everyday if u have to. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. You may find someone who understands dv lottery.
They gave me an attitude but the person I presented the case to explained to them that I had a deadline.
All the best.
Did the walk in today, ASC was at ~10% capacity based on the seating, and the manager ended up telling me "i can't help you, nothing i can do". Pleaded with her that I understand I'm 10 days early, though I'm against the clock as this has to be done by the end of september. "who told you this?!" --> as far as I understand that's the process for a DV, their year is oct thru to september.

---> "I'm no expert but if you filed your paperwork, and it's been accepted, then nothing to worry about, if you had a medical condition i could make an exception but your reason isn't valid in my book"
---> "I don't believe thats the case, if this isn't handled by the end of SEP as it's a DV, that's the end of it. Is there anything you can do? we're willing to wait all day"
---> "like i said sir nothing i can do".

mind blown yet again. Will have to wait another ~10 days to to the bio, then i suppose expect an interview letter by sep 10'ish. Provided the letter comes in. Any suggestions? Suck it up and wait?

I got my interview letter today, almost exactly a month from my walk-in bio date. The date on the letter says August 9th, but the letter wasn't mailed until the 12th, to arrive on the 14th. August 9th is about 2 weeks from my original bio date. The appointment date is September 19th, so it's cutting it real close.

I'm just glad that I have a solid interview date.

Congrats, why so late? usually they set appointment two weeks after receiving letter, am I right?

It's not always two weeks, according to the spreadsheet there were many who got scheduled a month later. There's no way of knowing why.

I read on another forum a guy a few years ago that received the letter with an appointment in october. He didn't say anything and of course he never got his green card.

Finally got my interview letter for August 23rd. My field office is Houston , TX. I am currently at F1 status; my problem is I can’t find anyone who can fill form I-134 for me. Have anyone here in form have given interview at Houston TX and been asked for I-134( Affidavit of Support)? OR, do I even need one?

congrats, I asked from Miami FO and they told me you do not need that, is it mentioned in your interview letter? By the way, would you share your timings please?

Children at interview.
My interview is scheduled for august 27 and is out of town. My 2 and 4 year old children are both Americans. Do u think it will be a problem to bring them with us. We would like to spend the night close to the interview place. We had mentioned on one of the forms that we have children. Please advise. Don't want to be turned back because we brought children.
I can't figure out how u add the stats to the profile :-(