• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Reza,

It's a bit hard to say when it comes to AOS applicants with F status. A lot depends on the IO you end up with. Typically students going AOS are encouraged to attend their interview with an I-130 in hand, so if you can get someone to prepare one for you, it might not be a bad idea. If you can't, just go with whatever financial documents you have, hopefully the IO will not ask for the form. And if he/she does, you will have to make a big effort to convince him/her you will not be a public charge.

Good luck!

Dear Sm1smom,
I and my wife are funded students, and have about 20K bank statement, and have W2s and also financed a new car which shows our good credit. Do we need to show I-134 at interview?

Ok guys..i cannot believe but something unusual just happened. I just got a call from immigration and the guy said i have an interview on wednesday. He said we have to put you on interview soon. He gave the address, date and time and said he will also mail the letter but if i dont receive before wednesday, i ve to be there for interview. I just cannot believe this. Is this possible?

P.S. He asked have you been convicted of any crime, if so bring the documents if not bring all the supporting documents and picture ID.

How should i prepare the documents. Is a binder with clear bag ok?

Someone please reply before i pee myself ..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
reza29m, my friend! How are you doing buddy? Keep up the good work. It's the final stretch my man. The finish line is in sight. Move, move, move... :)

Ok guys..i cannot believe but something unusual just happened. I just got a call from immigration and the guy said i have an interview on wednesday. He said we have to put you on interview soon. He gave the address, date and time and said he will also mail the letter but if i dont receive before wednesday, i ve to be there for interview. I just cannot believe this. Is this possible?

P.S. He asked have you been convicted of any crime, if so bring the documents if not bring all the supporting documents and picture ID.

How should i prepare the documents. Is a binder with clear bag ok?

Someone please reply before i pee myself ..lol

This is a bit unusual, I've never heard or read of USCIS calling an applicant to tell them they have an interview. Have you looked up the address of where this person asked you to come to, and confirmed it's indeed a USCIS FO? Why don't you call USCIS customer rep number and ask them to confirm if your file shows an interview has indeed been scheduled? When you call, be polite and ask to speak with a Level 2 rep as the first line of contact isn't likely to have access to your case file. Without the IL or an appointment notice in your hand, I doubt you will be allowed into the FO.

Maybe that's how your FO operates. Which is your FO by the way?

There's no specific order of arrangement required for the documents you need to take along to your interview. Just make sure you have the original of all the documents you submitted with your application. It might not hurt to go with photocopies of those documents again, just in case they've misplaced any of those. Also have photocopies of other/new/additional documents you will be taking along.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a bit unusual, I've never heard or read of USCIS calling an applicant to tell them they have an interview. Have you looked up the address of where this person asked you to come to, and confirmed it's indeed a USCIS FO? Why don't you call USCIS customer rep number and ask them to confirm if your file shows an interview has indeed been scheduled? When you call, be polite and ask to speak with a Level 2 rep as the first line of contact isn't likely to have access to your case file. Without the IL or an appointment notice in your hand, I doubt you will be allowed into the FO.

Maybe that's how your FO operates. Which is your FO by the way?

There's no specific order of arrangement required for the documents you need to take along to your interview. Just make sure you have the original of all the documents you submitted with your application. It might not hurt to go with photocopies of those documents again, just in case they've misplaced any of those. Also have photocopies of other/new/additional documents you will be taking along.

I know right. I was shocked. I checked the address and everything, it was correct. My FO is in Atlanta, GA. Let me see if i can get in touch with them on the phone (i dont even know the number. i ll see what i can do). I ll post ASAP after the verfication.

Make sure you take his name down. If you show up on Wednesday without the letter, at the very least you can tell the front desk that you're there to meet Mr.[insert name here]. It doesn't hurt to show up, the worst they can do is refuse to have you meet anybody that day.

I gave up after waiting almost 2 hours :( (cant believe i actually waited that long). I guess im gonna have to try back on monday.

I called USCIS this afternoon,at first the operator told that your waiting time is 72 minutes but the officer appeared after about 140 minutes!!
do not give up.
good luck.

Dear Sm1smom,
Regarding to my previous question, I found the form I-864P which mentioned the 125% of HHS poverty guidelines, for two persons it is $19,387, does it mean that the total incomes and bank statements should be more than that amount? You know, maybe asking somebody to provide you I-134 is not that much easy. So I just want to make sure about that with exact documents from USCIS website, so if officer asks us we can convince him/her, with our pay checks and W2s, according to their rules.
below is the link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I guess if you can't find anyone to fill out an I-134 for you, but you're able to show proof of a combined income of at least $19,387 (for a household of 2), which is 125% above poverty guideline you should be okay. You can show proof of this with your W2s, pay slips, employment verification letter or an employment letter itself. Of course the more income you earn above this amount, the better.

Dear Sm1smom,
Regarding to my previous question, I found the form I-864P which mentioned the 125% of HHS poverty guidelines, for two persons it is $19,387, does it mean that the total incomes and bank statements should be more than that amount? You know, maybe asking somebody to provide you I-134 is not that much easy. So I just want to make sure about that with exact documents from USCIS website, so if officer asks us we can convince him/her, with our pay checks and W2s, according to their rules.
below is the link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

You should be okay if your combined income is at least $19,387. Just be sure to print and take along the I-864P Poverty Guidelines Form to your interview just in case you come across an IO who is not quite experienced on the requirements.

Yes you are right. That's a good idea to print that form. I hope We get our IL by the end of August, today I talked to L2 rep and he told me your process will be fine, call us back by Sep 20th if you do not receive your IL but I think it's too late. We have another appointment on Aug 22nd, Hope they have good news for us.
Thanks for your consistent helps Sm1smom:)

Today, I finally got my green card in the mail.
From I-485 package sent out to start AOS on 1/9, it went quite smooth until my interview date on 3/19.
However, after interview, it's kind of nightmare for me to wait almost 5 months for my GC.
I did several infopasses, but the answer always "just wait" because the officers have no idea why took so long time to process.
They said everything looks in good shape for my case, so just wait.
I also asked congressman to check my case in May, but still no answer at all.
I really have no idea why spent 5 months, but the IO told me I can get my card within 3 weeks after interview.
I think I'm lucky that my case number is low, so I have enough time to wait.
I just want to thank everyone in this forum provides so many information that really helpful.

Good luck!