• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

where can I find information of interviews, is there any thread with AOS interview experiences?

If you go back to few more pages, there are plenty of interview experiences in this thread which should give you some ideas. For example, Page 121 and 123 has good interview experience post

Last edited by a moderator:
where can I find information of interviews, is there any thread with AOS interview experiences?

If you go back to few more pages, there are plenty of interview experiences in this thread which should give you some ideas. For example, Page 121 and 123 has good interview experience post

In addition to checking the above noted/suggested pages, there are links on the DV 2013 AOS Timelines spreadsheet with interview experiences

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

Today, I finally got my green card in the mail.
From I-485 package sent out to start AOS on 1/9, it went quite smooth until my interview date on 3/19.
However, after interview, it's kind of nightmare for me to wait almost 5 months for my GC.
I did several infopasses, but the answer always "just wait" because the officers have no idea why took so long time to process.
They said everything looks in good shape for my case, so just wait.
I also asked congressman to check my case in May, but still no answer at all.
I really have no idea why spent 5 months, but the IO told me I can get my card within 3 weeks after interview.
I think I'm lucky that my case number is low, so I have enough time to wait.
I just want to thank everyone in this forum provides so many information that really helpful.

Good luck!

Congratulations Mike. Again, another one of those unfortunate and hard to understand cases. Anyway, you can put all of that behind you now and enjoy being 'green' :)

If my sponsor is self employed, what kind of supporting documents should he/she provide besides I-134?
how many times a person can file affidavit of support?
If I have 2 dependent besides me, how much money in the bank should be sufficient to show?

Ok guys..i cannot believe but something unusual just happened. I just got a call from immigration and the guy said i have an interview on wednesday. He said we have to put you on interview soon. He gave the address, date and time and said he will also mail the letter but if i dont receive before wednesday, i ve to be there for interview. I just cannot believe this. Is this possible?

P.S. He asked have you been convicted of any crime, if so bring the documents if not bring all the supporting documents and picture ID.

How should i prepare the documents. Is a binder with clear bag ok?

Someone please reply before i pee myself ..lol

I read on this forum from a previous year the same thing. Someone received a phone call from the field office for the interview. If I remember well it was in september (don't remember the date). Maybe some officers do that when the date is approaching.

No problem, glad i could help :) and thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I read on this forum from a previous year the same thing. Someone received a phone call from the field office for the interview. If I remember well it was in september (don't remember the date). Maybe some officers do that when the date is approaching.

Really, thank you kazore. Now, atleast i know there was a case like that. But i was wondering if they would let me in without Interview Letter since the officer told me that if i dont receive letter before the date, i should be there anyways. I forgot to ask his name, I only have his number.

Hi everyone,

I did my interview this morning. I waited for ~45 min to be called. The interview was quite smooth. The officer lady checked all of my documents and asked for my transcripts (for my PhD study here).
She said I will receive the residency card in 3-4 weeks via mail. Now i should wait for my card :)
Thanks everyone for your helps and good luck with your interviews.

Ok, so i called USCIS today and i talked to one of the L2 officers. They could not find anything in the system about the interview tomorrow. He said i should go there tomorrow and see what happens. Now i wonder if i heard it right about the date. I dont know what should i do. Would it affect anything for the future interview if i go tomorrow and there is no interview? Any suggestions?

Ok, so i called USCIS today and i talked to one of the L2 officers. They could not find anything in the system about the interview tomorrow. He said i should go there tomorrow and see what happens. Now i wonder if i heard it right about the date. I dont know what should i do. Would it affect anything for the future interview if i go tomorrow and there is no interview? Any suggestions?

The worst that could happen if you show up tomorrow without an IL is to be denied access into the building, it cannot negatively impact your actual/future interview date if it's not supposed to be tomorrow. So show up as suggested and see what happens.

The worst that could happen if you show up tomorrow without an IL is to be denied access into the building, it cannot negatively impact your actual/future interview date if it's not supposed to be tomorrow. So show up as suggested and see what happens.

That is what im planning to do. We ll see :). Mom i do have one more question about the sponsorship. I dont ve one but i have an offer letter from the job stating the salary. However, i vent been paid yet from the job to prove the income above poverty line and i dont ve bank balance either. Will the offer letter be sufficient in this case. How should i face this situation. Any suggestion?

That is what im planning to do. We ll see :). Mom i do have one more question about the sponsorship. I dont ve one but i have an offer letter from the job stating the salary. However, i vent been paid yet from the job to prove the income above poverty line and i dont ve bank balance either. Will the offer letter be sufficient in this case. How should i face this situation. Any suggestion?

Where you previously on F1 status and are you on OPT or using AOS based EAD to work at the moment?

Yes, i graduated on may (F1) and i got job offer where im currently working. Right now im on OPT

You should be fine in that case. Go with your offer of employment letter, (it's probably too late for tomorrow, but I would suggest contacting your company's HR and collecting an Employment Verification Letter too - just to prove that you're already working for them). Explain to the IO that you just graduated and are already working, and go with whatever you have left showing in your bank account to show how you've been sustaining yourself to date.

You should be fine in that case. Go with your offer of employment letter, (it's probably too late for tomorrow, but I would suggest contacting your company's HR and collecting an Employment Verification Letter too - just to prove that you're already working for them). Explain to the IO that you just graduated and are already working, and go with whatever you have left showing in your bank account to show how you've been sustaining yourself to date.

Ok, hope everything will be fine. Thanks for the advice :) . I ll post everything tomorrow.