• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certified translations

Hi everyone,

Great thread with a lot useful information. However, I still have a question about certified translations:

I do have certified translations done in my native country by a notary. These documents do look very official. Can I send these in the I-485 package?

I know that you can use a friend/colleague to translate and then certify the documents, but unfortunately I live in small town, where I don't know anyone that speaks my native language.

I would appreciate any input.

Hi GZX,

It's my understanding that you can use the translation that you currently have. You can also check the link http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/notarized-copy.html for more information.
Good luck! :)

Hi everyone,

Great thread with a lot useful information. However, I still have a question about certified translations:

I do have certified translations done in my native country by a notary. These documents do look very official. Can I send these in the I-485 package?

I know that you can use a friend/colleague to translate and then certify the documents, but unfortunately I live in small town, where I don't know anyone that speaks my native language.

I would appreciate any input.

F1 Visa Graduating December

Hi all,

Thanks for this thread... its really awesome :)

I am graduating this December and I have already filed for AOS. After reading the post regarding OPT I am in dilemma to apply for OPT or what can be other option?

And My CN number is 4XXX so probably the number wont be current by then or even if it is current :confused: ... I am really confused

Please Help.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
And My CN number is 4XXX so probably the number wont be current by then or even if it is current :confused: ... I am really confused

Hi all,

Thanks for this thread... its really awesome :)

I am graduating this December and I have already filed for AOS. After reading the post regarding OPT I am in dilemma to apply for OPT or what can be other option?

Please Help.

Thanks

1. Clarify what you mean by "I have already filed for AOS" - do you mean you indicated on your DSP form to KCC that you will be doing AOS, or you mean you've already sent in your I-458 package to the Chicago Lockbox?

2. "And My CN number is 4XXX so probably the number wont be current by then or even if it is current " What is the applicable region for your CN?

You need to provide more information in order for people to accurately address your concerns or answer your questions.

1. Clarify what you mean by "I have already filed for AOS" - do you mean you indicated on your DSP form to KCC that you will be doing AOS, or you mean you've already sent in your I-458 package to the Chicago Lockbox?

2. "And My CN number is 4XXX so probably the number wont be current by then or even if it is current " What is the applicable region for your CN?

You need to provide more information in order for people to accurately address your concerns or answer your questions.

Thanks for replying and Sorry about that. I have sent DSP forms to KCC indicating my intention for AOS. I have not yet started my I-485 package.

I am from F1 visa student from Nepal (Asia) if that what you meant by region.

Since I am graduating this December I need to file for OPT. After reading some post/other people concern about 'dual intention' when filing for OPT as well as for AOS, I am confused if applying for OPT will affect my AOS or vice-versa. Should I consider other option like graduating next semester instead of December (Thats the last option I want to make)?

Please let me know if I need to provide more information

And again Thanks.

I have a question:

I am on F2 visa and was selected for 2014 DV processing. My wife's on F1 here. But we didn't know that her I-20 expired in August 10, 2013. The school's International Student Office (ISO) alerted us just last week (18 Sept. 2013). Usually the school's International Students Director sends out notification to students a month or so in advance, but in this case there was a change of personal and the new officers did not do. Right now, we are submitting application for re-instatement of F1 status for my wife and then F2 (afterwards) for me.

and I'm not sure how this will affect my AOS application early next year. at the moment i have not yet submitted any documentations, fotos, etc 2014 DV processing yet. I'd be happy to receive any lights from you all. will this situation affect my AOS application early next year? if so, how? if not why?

Thanks for replying and Sorry about that. I have sent DSP forms to KCC indicating my intention for AOS. I have not yet started my I-485 package.

Since I am graduating this December I need to file for OPT. After reading some post/other people concern about 'dual intention' when filing for OPT as well as for AOS, I am confused if applying for OPT will affect my AOS or vice-versa. Should I consider other option like graduating next semester instead of December (Thats the last option I want to make)?

And again Thanks.

You rushed a bit. If you hadn't sent in your DSP form, you could apply for OPT in December, stay on it for a couple of months, and do AOS when you become current most likely in the 2nd quarter of 2014.

But now, graduating in May seems to be the viable option.

I have a question:

I am on F2 visa and was selected for 2014 DV processing. am my wife's dependent. But we didn't know that her I-20 expired in August 10. The schools ISO alerted us just last week. Usually the school's International Students Director sends out notification to students ago month or so in advance, but in this case there was a change of personal and the new officers did not do. right now, we are submitting application for re-instatement of F1 status for my wife and then F2 (afterwards) for me.

and I am not sure how this will affect my AOS application later next year. at the moment i have not yet submitted any documentations, fotos, etc 2014 DV processing yet. I'd be happy to hear how this situation will affect my AOS early next year. if there is anything i can do, i'd be happy to know.

You mean Aug 10th, 2013 or Aug 2010?

Bank Statement for AOS package

Should the bank statement include the past six months or just the past month is sufficient ?
In my case, I have had more than 20k in my account during the past month, and it was around 8k for 5 months before that which presumably is not sufficient for me and my wife.
Can I just include the past month statement in my AOS package for now, and then take the full six month statement with me to interview when the time comes? (Hopefully I will keep my account at the required level till then)
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Maryash

I have a question:

I am on F2 visa and was selected for 2014 DV processing. My wife's on F1 here. But we didn't know that her I-20 expired in August 10, 2013. The school's International Student Office (ISO) alerted us just last week (18 Sept. 2013). Usually the school's International Students Director sends out notification to students a month or so in advance, but in this case there was a change of personal and the new officers did not do. Right now, we are submitting application for re-instatement of F1 status for my wife and then F2 (afterwards) for me.

and I'm not sure how this will affect my AOS application early next year. at the moment i have not yet submitted any documentations, fotos, etc 2014 DV processing yet. I'd be happy to receive any lights from you all. will this situation affect my AOS application early next year? if so, how? if not why?

A major component of a successful AOS process is for the applicant to maintain continous legal status as at the time of filing or interview (some IO's ask applicants about their current status, especially F1 students). I recommend you speak with a knowledgable immigration attorney before you proceed with sending in your I-485 package.

And again Thanks.

I'm thinking your best bet at this stage might be to consider graduating next semester. Applying for OPT at this stage could be considered a fraudulent act.

Should the bank statement include the past six months or just the past month is sufficient ?
In my case, I have had more than 20k in my account during the past month, and it was around 8k for 5 months before that which presumably is not sufficient for me and my wife.
Can I just include the past month statement in my AOS package for now, and then take the full six month statement with me to interview when the time comes? (Hopefully I will keep my account at the required level till then)
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Maryash

You will need more than 1 month's bank statement. The good news is, you do not have to include a bank statement with your I-485 package. You can take the bank statement and any other financial document you have to the interview when the time comes.

A major component of a successful AOS process is for the applicant to maintain continous legal status as at the time of filing or interview (some IO's ask applicants about their current status, especially F1 students). I recommend you speak with a knowledgable immigration attorney before you proceed with sending in your I-485 package.

Thanks Sm1smom,

i will do as you suggested. Right now the situation is:

1. me (F2) and my wife (F1) have been out of status of from August 10, 2013 - Sept. 24, 2013 (shipping the re-instatement application now. don't know when my wife will be re-instated, and then me...i guess).
2. Since my CN for my region is high, i have not yet submitted any DPS-230, pictures or anything to Kentucky. I am planning to do that early next year ---and then the I-485 package probably a month or two afterwards.
3. I am just nervous how all this is going to turn out. it was my silly mistake. should have checked the I-20 expiry date. i did not.

just wondering if anyone had or know of a similar situation. would be happy to hear.

You will need more than 1 month's bank statement. The good news is, you do not have to include a bank statement with your I-485 package. You can take the bank statement and any other financial document you have to the interview when the time comes.

I also intended to send only the last month statement. How many month back statements are needed? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.