• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have been selected and I am in US right now doing AOS. I have two questions:

1- right now I sent ds122+2 photo+barcode sheet to kcc. Is that it for right now? Is there anything else I have to do before receiving an email from kcc?

2- is there any separate application for AOS and when I should file that?

3- I know that I need documents showing my highschool education. I have originial versions in my native language with only ONE translation. Is that enough?
I know I have to send it with package and then I will need it in interview too. I do not know in the package I will need to send a copy or original translation. Is that enough that I have only one set of translations?

Thanks

The cutoff numbers you see right now on the VB regarding DV is only applicable to DV 2013 selectees. The fiscal year for DV 2014 starts in October, 2013, so you need to wait till mid August 2013 for the advance notification cutoff number (this will reference DV 2014 case numbers).

Thank You a lot! :)

I have one more question. I am in US now under F1/F2. my child was born while here. and he is receiving medical and food assistance (government assistanc). Will this be an ISSUE during interview? If that is going to be more problem for AOS, thinking of doing CP [which is more problematic?]. Or if that will be a problem for both (CP & AOS), should i go off the me those gov't assitant programs now? Please advice...

I called KCC this morning and as previously mentioned in DV-2013, selectees applying for AOS need to send the DS-122 form only.

Response below:

Hi

I have been selected and I am in US right now doing AOS. I have two questions:

1- right now I sent ds122+2 photo+barcode sheet to kcc. Is that it for right now? Is there anything else I have to do before receiving an email from kcc? - You can make your $330 DV processing fee now or wait till KCC gets back to you.

2- is there any separate application for AOS and when I should file that? - You will need to send in your I-485 package when your CN becomes current. I suggest you read this DV AOS thread from the first page to better inform yourself.

3- I know that I need documents showing my highschool education. I have originial versions in my native language with only ONE translation. Is that enough?
I know I have to send it with package and then I will need it in interview too. I do not know in the package I will need to send a copy or original translation. Is that enough that I have only one set of translations? - If you use a good photocopying service, it shouldn't matter which copy you include with your package

Thanks

I have one more question. I am in US now under F1/F2. my child was born while here. and he is receiving medical and food assistance (government assistanc). Will this be an ISSUE during interview? If that is going to be more problem for AOS, thinking of doing CP [which is more problematic?]. Or if that will be a problem for both (CP & AOS), should i go off the me those gov't assitant programs now? Please advice...

Is this assitance being adminstered by WIC, CHIP or some similar organization? My immediate response would be that it will not be an issue, but of course I don't know the detail of the kind of assistance your family is recieving. (Not withstanding this lack of information though :rolleyes:, I still think the assistance your child is receiving will not be an issue) Anyway, you can go through the following link and make the determination yourself:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=829b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=829b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Agree

[/COLOR]
I called KCC this morning and as previously mentioned in DV-2013, selectees applying for AOS need to send the DS-122 form only.

I agree with you. I also called the KCC twice and the lady I spoke to told me that one doesn't have to send photographs if doing AOS, she asked me to send filled out DS-122 form only.

Is this assitance being adminstered by WIC, CHIP or some similar organization? My immediate response would be that it will not be an issue, but of course I don't know the detail of the kind of assistance your family is recieving. (Not withstanding this lack of information though :rolleyes:, I still think the assistance your child is receiving will not be an issue) Anyway, you can go through the following link and make the determination yourself:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=829b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=829b0a5659083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Hi S11smom,

yes the child is on both CHIP, WICk and other Nutritional programs (food stamps). and the Link you provided answered all my questions thanks. the benefits my child is receiving will not be considered as "public charge" so that is great!

Hi all

I have three questions

1- I already send ds 122 post. in part 4 I just mentioned UCSIC is that enough or I had to put the name of the city too?

2-Just to make sure about this. Right now I want to send my AOS fee are these the things I have to send?
330 $ money order + a paper with information that is required in following link + a stamped post pocket with my adres on it.

3- for AOS fee I am gettin a money order. What should I write in "pay to order of" part ?

4- my case number is 0003## is everything goes well can I get the gc by end of this year?

thanks

Response below:

Hi all

I have three questions

1- I already send ds 122 post. in part 4 I just mentioned UCSIC is that enough or I had to put the name of the city too? - Just USCIC is enough.

2-Just to make sure about this. Right now I want to send my AOS fee are these the things I have to send? - No, you're not sending AOS fee, the fee you pay at this moment is the DV administrative fee. You will make the actually AOS fee when you send in your I-485 package

330 $ money order + a paper with information that is required in following link + a stamped post pocket with my adres on it. - Yes, $330, payment receipt filled out accordingly, and a stamped, self-addressed envelope.

3- for AOS fee I am gettin a money order. What should I write in "pay to order of" part? - U.S. Department of State

4- my case number is 0003## is everything goes well can I get the gc by end of this year? - What's your applicable region? Is your CN 00003xx or 0003xxx. The number of 0 digits you have before the 3 in your number makes a big doifferenc. You need to be a bit more specific with your info.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Very thanks for the Answer,

I am 99.99% sure, GC will arrive by the end of this year if i process it timely,
but in worst case there may be delay...or denial ..(its very rare though)...so if it's delayed or denied, can I revoke my I 485 application so that I can extend my OPT for next year or not?

I am thinking about only the chance of .001%,
thanks

By saying DS-122 only, I meant DS-122 and not DS-230. I did in fact sent 2 passport pictures.. However, if she told you that the photos are not required, then I'm sure it'll be fine. I had 2 spare photos I've taken recently, so I sent them anyway.

DV 2014 Question

Trying to understand the timings here...
Question:
1) Diversity Visa program for 2014 has not yet started its processing right? My understanding is that the US government will start processing the DV 2014 from Oct 2013?

2) My CN is on the high side- OC 28XX. Do I need to wait for the Visa Bulletin to show either 28XX or "C" in order to start my processing?
Based on previous years, this seems like I need to wait next year...?

3) Finally, how do we know that the visa has run out before my CN is processed?

Thank you in advance!

Dsc-122

Hello again,
I have one more question. I put in my 122 form i 4 USCIS office the nearest to me where I would like o have an interview. But AOS package I will have to send to Chicago office correct? And my interview will be here (in CA) not in Chicago yes?
Thank You!!!!!

Trying to understand the timings here...
Question:
1) Diversity Visa program for 2014 has not yet started its processing right? My understanding is that the US government will start processing the DV 2014 from Oct 2013?

2) My CN is on the high side- OC 28XX. Do I need to wait for the Visa Bulletin to show either 28XX or "C" in order to start my processing?
Based on previous years, this seems like I need to wait next year...?

3) Finally, how do we know that the visa has run out before my CN is processed?

Thank you in advance!

The fiscal year applicable to DV 2014 begins on Oct. 1st, 2014, which means the 1st interview for DV 2014 will take place in October. Watch out for the August visa bulletin, the advance notification section of it, and that of Sept. -they
will provide more indication as to how fast (or how slow) CNs might progress for 2014.

You can go ahead and make your DV administrative fee now if you wish. You however cant send in your I-485 package before your CN is current

Hello again,
I have one more question. I put in my 122 form i 4 USCIS office the nearest to me where I would like o have an interview. But AOS package I will have to send to Chicago office correct? And my interview will be here (in CA) not in Chicago yes?
Thank You!!!!!

All DV based I-485 packages are to be sent to the Chicago lock box. USCIS will send your I-485 form to the applicable FO based on the home address you put in your I-485 form

email?

Hello,
I sent DS-122 on May 10 to KCC but I have not received any confirmation mail or email by now.
I sent DS122 with return envelop.

I'm thinking to send a $330 money order when I get a confirmation mail or email.
Is everybody got something after sending DS-122?? or if I choose AOS, will I not get anything from KCC??

Thank you in advance,

Hi everyone!
After receiving my first degree, I had an OPT for a year, but now I am pursuing another degree and therefore I am on the F1 status again. Do I need to fill out and submit I-765 with the rest of my documents as I apply for AOS? Thank you!

Hello,
I sent DS-122 on May 10 to KCC but I have not received any confirmation mail or email by now.
I sent DS122 with return envelop.

I'm thinking to send a $330 money order when I get a confirmation mail or email.
Is everybody got something after sending DS-122?? or if I choose AOS, will I not get anything from KCC??

Thank you in advance,

Sent mine about the same day and haven't heard from them either. And I am myself not sure whether or not to pay the $330 now or wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.